Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to everyone who left reviews. I'm so glad you still liking the story. This chapter is pretty long and I hope you enjoy it. Feedback is appreciated.
The wedding was now two weeks away and Elizabeth wanted to check on the renovations at her Grandmother’s estate where the wedding and the reception was being held. She was excited to see the progress the workers had made on the already beautiful house. They started several weeks ago and there were still a few more things to do but she was sure everything would be complete before the big day.

Driving up to the house, she noticed the lawns had been recently mowed and trimmed. The long driveway was new and as she got closer, she could see the huge four column house standing tall and proud. It was her first visit to the house in six years and on her twenty-third birthday, she would be inheriting the house along with a small fortune. It was obvious her grandmother knew what the house meant to her.

She observed the numerous construction workers carrying wood, paint, tools, and operating heavy machinery as they went about their day. No one paid her any attention until she stepped out of her convertible wearing a sexy linen skirt, a tight fitting white shirt and white high heeled sandals that exposed her well-manicured toes. Her hair was done in a fancy ponytail and her makeup was perfect for the hot weather, a little mascara, eyeliner, blush and gloss. Elizabeth knew she looked good and welcomed the hissing and catcalls she heard in the distance. It was the typical clichéd hot- woman-on-a-construction-site scenario that only reinforced, men were pigs. She chuckled at the thought.

Shielding her eyes from the bright sun, she looked up at the house. It was even more beautiful up close. She smiled as fond memories and warm feelings washed over her, but her trip down memory lane was interrupted when an ear-shattering noise grabbed her attention. She turned in the direction of the sound and immediately noticed a lean muscled figure working a jackhammer. Like all the other men, he was sweaty and dirty but unlike the other men, there was something oddly familiar about him as she admired his physique. She couldn’t take her eyes off of him and when he lifted his head from his grueling task, Elizabeth didn’t know if she wanted to faint or run screaming. She had come face to face with her dirty little secret. She wanted to turn away, hoping he didn’t see her but it was too late as she watched the slow sexy smile appear on his face. Damn she thought as the remembered passion made her tremble.

“Hello Ms. Summers…I wish I had known you were coming. I would have arranged a tour for you.”

Elizabeth’s attention was immediately taken off the blonde stranger and given to the huge burly man standing beside her. He was the general foreman for the construction site. She smiled. “Hello Mr. Wise…it’s so nice to finally meet you. My mother told me you were doing a wonderful job on my grandmother’s house and I just had to see it.” Elizabeth shook the man’s hand. “And she was right, the outside looks great. How much longer do you think it would be before it’s ready?”

“Oh I’d say in another week but maybe sooner. We are a little ahead of schedule.”

‘Well that would certainly make my mother happy. She can’t wait to get inside and start decorating. Are the new floors installed yet?”

“Oh yes, we finished them two days go…why don’t you go inside and take a look. I can have one of my men escort you inside.”

Quickly, Elizabeth looked over at the blonde man as the perfect choice. He was still staring at her. It was a hungry look and no doubt an enticing one.

“No that want be necessary…I don’t want to take any of your men off the job to fuss with me.” She lied.

“Okay…well you’re going to need this as a safety precaution.” Mr. Wise handed Elizabeth a yellow hard hat.

She nodded and accepted the hat. “Thank you”

He looked down at her shoes. They were highly inappropriate for a construction site but who was he to tell the daughter of the man who was paying for the renovations, she needed better shoes. “Watch your step Ms. Summers.”

Elizabeth looked at the blonde stranger one last time. “Mr. Wise who is that man standing over there?” She didn’t want to point, hoping he would see who she was talking about.

The large burly man looked around to see who she was referring to. He was annoyed when he saw the new guy he had just hired standing there ogling the pretty Ms. Summers. “Hey Spike, get back to work. This isn’t your break time yet.” He turned to Elizabeth. “I’m sorry about that Ms. Summers.”

Elizabeth had a name to go with the face. Spike she thought. The name was intriguing.

Coming to the blonde man’s defense, she replied, “It’s alright. It’s pretty hot out here. I’m sure he probably really needed a breather.” Elizabeth put on her hard hat. “Well I guess I’ll go inside now.”

“Let me know if there is a problem with anything and I’ll get right on it.” Mr. Wise said.

Carefully, she walked through the debris and dirt and up the four large steps before entering through the large double doors. Her breath hitched in her throat. The new floors, as far she could see, were stunning and immaculately restored. If her grandmother was alive, she would be so pleased. The house had been neglected since her grandmother died but no one wanted to go back inside the house where she had passed.

Elizabeth’s mother wanted to have the wedding and the reception at some fancy hotel and although Elizabeth didn’t want a huge wedding, she decided that since her mother refused to honor that wish then the petite blonde was going to honor her grandmother and throw one last grand affair at her grandmother’s estate. One of the things Elizabeth managed to speak up about. Her grandmother was famous for her lavish parties and Elizabeth wished her beloved grandmother was alive to see her walk down the aisle but she believed her grandmother would be there in spirit.

Elizabeth walked through the house. All of the original furnishings were still inside, items that were priceless as well as precious to her grandmother like her antiques, paintings, rugs and tapestries, decorating the ten bedroom house. She smiled. Her grandmother certainly had taste and Elizabeth had no intentions of changing anything once she took possession of the house. As she strolled through, memory after memory flooded her mind from when she was a child up until she was fifteen and that’s when the memories faded. Tears stung Elizabeth’s eyes but she didn’t cry.

~***~

Despite being yelled at, Spike took his sweet time, loading the pieces of concrete into the wheel barrel. He found it a little hard to concentrate on the task since the cute blonde’s showed up. He stopped to take another break. He looked around for his boss and that’s when he saw a guy he had befriended approaching him.

“What’s going on Xander?”

The brunette removed his hard hat and wiped his sweaty brow with a hand towel from his back pocket. “I heard you pissed off Wise.”

“Seems like it…I was only admiring the lady.”

“You mean the bride-to-be.”

“Come again” Spike couldn’t believe what he had just heard.

“Yeah she’s the one all of this is for.” Both men looked around. “Some rich princess marrying her equally as rich prince charming all on daddy’s tab.”

“You don’t say” Spike was amused by this information, considering he had just shagged the bride-to-be four days ago. Curious, he asked, “What’s her name?”

“I think it’s Elizabeth Sumner no Summers. Her dad is some hot shot corporate lawyer businessman type.”

Elizabeth Summers Spike said to himself then smirked, folding his arms across his chest.

~***~

There was one room in particular Elizabeth wanted to visit as she made her way up the grand stair case. As soon as her hand touched the railing, she had a flashback. She and her grandmother must have slid down that railing over a hundred times and nothing could be more dangerous and fun at the same time.

She walked down the hall and had to stop to take a peek inside her grandmother’s massive bedroom. She remembered how the room would be decorated in all its pretty pastels and lace. Her grandmother was such a girly woman but could swear like a sailor and drink one under the table. The older Ms. Summers was a wild one. A trait Elizabeth seemed to have inherited. She closed the door and made her way to the last room of the house. The door creaked open as she stepped into the brightly lit room, her art studio. She would never forget the day her grandmother surprised her with it. She had blindfolded Elizabeth and walked her into the room. When the blind fold was removed, there was an area for sitting to do her sketches, a full size bed, table and chair set, a stool and a ensile for her paintings, an endless supply of sketch pads, pencils, charcoal, canvases and paints including an art teacher waiting to give her, her first lesson.

Elizabeth focused on the closet door. She walked inside and quickly found the massive trunk that contained her old sketch pads, drawings and smaller paintings. She struggled to pull it out, breaking a sweat in the process. She opened it. Most of the pictures were of her grandparents, her grandmother’s beloved dog, various vases and flower arrangements around the house and her very first drawing, the classic fruit bowl sketch. She stood and placed the pad and pictures on the table then walked further into the huge walk-in closet. Some of her paintings were hung while others leaned against the wall covered up. She huffed. Elizabeth really missed expressing herself in that way and wished she had the strength to take it up again. One day I will she thought.

Suddenly feeling claustrophobic, she walked out of the closet to the French doors leading out to the balcony. She needed some fresh air and a break from memory lane. She looked out onto the massive grounds. Despite the construction workers and their equipment sprawled everywhere, nothing could take away from the beauty before her.

*~~~*

Spike walked to the back of the house to dump the last of the concrete he had hammered away. Taking a breather, he removed his work gloves and hard hat to wipe the sweat from his brow. He leaned against one of the trees, wishing he could have a cigarette. Looking up, he saw the cute blonde he met several nights ago standing on one of the many balconies of the massive house. She didn’t even notice him as she stared out to space, holding her arms securely around her. He sensed she was sad and found it rather odd since she was getting married soon.

Shouldn’t she be happy? He thought. Well maybe not, since he didn’t recall seeing an engagement ring on her finger but then again, everything had unfolded so fast, he never bothered to look or ask. Considering what had happened on that glorious moonlit night, he assumed she was available. He chuckled thinking he must have wanked off a half a dozen times replaying that night over and over again in his mind. He had taken a chance with her and it had paid off. The way she felt, the way she smelt and kissed him that night had blown his mind. Never had he felt such a connection with anyone like that before, some have come close but nothing like what he felt with the cute blonde. She had him by the short hairs and he couldn’t believe his luck when she appeared in front of him again. That indescribable feeling had returned and he would be a fool if he didn’t take the opportunity to touch her again.

Just as he was about to leave, Xander’s voice halted him in his footsteps. He hadn’t notice the other man leaning on the tree beside him because he was captivated by the breath stealing view from the tree.

“Forget about it man…she’s out of your league. Even if she was single, which she isn’t, you wouldn’t have a chance. Girls like her aren’t interested in guys like us.”

Spike turned to the other man, who didn’t know he had already had her. “Is that a fact?” He replied.

“Trust me, I know what I’m talking about.” Xander offered the blonde a cigarette from his shirt pocket, placing his into his mouth before offering Spike his lighter, waiting patiently for the blonde man to take it.

The cigarette was just what Spike needed. “Thanks mate” He placed it in his mouth and was so preoccupied with trying to figure out how he was going to get inside the house undetected, he didn’t bother to light it.

Finally, Xander nudged him, gesturing for him to take the lighter.

Brought out of his thoughts, Spike resumed their conversation. “Speaking from experience mate” He took the lighter from Xander.

“Absolutely…these rich girls are only interested in one thing with guys like us.”

Spike creased his brow. “And your problem is?” He needed the other man to elaborate, unable to understand why he was so bitter about shagging a beautiful woman.

“Hey don’t get me wrong…I aim to please but it’s a fantasy for them man. Sex with a blue collar man is the ultimate rich girl fantasy. They’re not interested in sporting someone like you or me around town. It’s considered slumming.” Xander puffed and blew smoke out of mouth.

“Well you don’t have to worry about me mate. I’m not interested in stiff-knickered birds. I like my women wild if you get what I mean…someone who can show me a thing or two.” Spike lied, partially.

“Yeah I know what you mean.” Xander too one last puff of his cigarette then stomped out his cigarette. “I guess we better get back to work.”

Spike had changed his mind about the cigarette. He had something more important to do. “Here you go mate.” Spike handed Xander back his lighter and tucked the cigarette behind his ear. “I guess you’re right, but I gotta go take care of something first.” Spike pointed to the porta potty. “If the boss comes looking for me, let him know…will you?”

“No problem, man” Xander walked off and Spike waited until he was long gone before he entered the house through the unlocked patio doors. Quickly, he made his way up the stairs and stopped in the huge hallway to figure out what room the cute blonde was in. He checked three different rooms before he figured out she must have been in the room with the door wide open. He felt like such a pounce for not figuring that out earlier.

He walked into the well lit room and could see her petite form still standing outside. He looked around the sparse room and wondered why this particular room wasn’t as elaborately decorated like the rest of the house. Then something caught his eye. He looked down at the drawings spread out on the small table.

He was impressed. “These are very good Elizabeth.” Spike continued to flip the pages of the sketch pad.

The recognition of his voice made her legs go weak. He knew her name. She turned around and walked back into the room, noticing the blonde stranger looking at her pictures. Only her grandparents and Willow had seen her work. As for Liam, well, she only told him she use to draw and paint and since her admission wasn’t enough to spark his interest, she never mentioned it again.

Elizabeth didn’t respond as she watched him appraise her work. She was too concerned with him knowing her name. “You know my name.”

Spike looked up from the table. “Wasn’t hard to find out?”

“You could have asked me.”

“Would you have told me the truth?”

“Maybe, if you would have told me yours.”

Spike arched his scarred eyebrow; thinking about what she said then replied, “Something tells me you weren’t interested in knowing my name. I’m I right?”

Elizabeth didn’t respond and looked away, blushing.

Spike smirked and continued looking through the pad. “You’re very talented.” He said, giving her a knowing smile. There was a double meaning behind his statement. He looked at her again. “My name is William by the way.”

She looked at him with questioning eyes. “I thought it was Spike.”

“So you do know my name?”

Elizabeth gave him a shy smile then it quickly disappeared.

Spike shrugged. “It’s just a nickname.” He replied as he walked around the table to get closer to her.

“Are you showing anywhere?”

“Showing where?” Elizabeth didn’t understand the question and immediately began checking herself.

Spike chuckled. “I meant your lovely drawings.”

Elizabeth smiled, feeling like an idiot. “Oh...you mean…no it was just a hobby.” She lied.

Spike looked over his shoulder. “Pity” He turned his attention to the open closet, spotting and easel inside. He brushed passed her, lightly touching her arm. Immediately, Elizabeth felt a surge of sensation run through her.

Briefly, Spike closed his eyes, the hairs on his forearms standing up. The light touch had affected him as he walked over to the closet. He looked at Elizabeth. “May I?”

She nodded.

Switching on the light, a beautiful painting of a landscape on the wall immediately grabbed his attention.

Elizabeth followed him into the closet but kept her distance. She was surprised he had taken an interest in her work and found it refreshing that someone other than family and friends like what she had created.

“You certainly pay a lot attention to detail.” This is exquisite. I love your use of bold colors…very well done indeed.”

Elizabeth moved closer and stood beside him. They were staring at the very last thing she had painted. She had gotten much better as an artist and wanted to surprise her grandmother with her progress.
“This was going to be a birthday present for my grandmother but she died before I could give it to her.” Elizabeth was very proud of the painting and when it was finished, she had made up her mind that she was going to pursue art full-time despite what her mother thought.

Spike was aware of her close proximity to him. Her perfume smelt like softness and woman. He fisted his hand at his side. He wanted to touch her but unlike the neutral setting where they first made love, they were on her turf now and Spike didn’t know how she would react. Oh bollocks! He decided to take a chance. He turned to Elizabeth. “It’s really beautiful.” Clearly, he was referring to Elizabeth as he reached out and touched her cheek with the back of his hand.

Elizabeth turned to face him. She hadn’t realized she was standing so close to him. She wanted to resist him even though he had the kind of lips that begged to be kissed. “Don’t” She said but her eyes, dark with passion had said yes a thousand times.

“I can’t help myself…I just had to touch you one more time.” He whispered while the back of his hand grazed her jaw line then to her chin before lightly brushing his fingers across her lower lip.

Elizabeth’s senses had gone into overdrive as she struggled to be rational. “William, we-” She was about to tell him they couldn’t but the intensity in his eyes and their undeniable chemistry had again pulled her in.

He shook his head and whispered, “No…call me Spike” A warm wave of lust rose up inside of him. He growled then swooped down and attacked her lips, kissing her with such force, she tilted backwards but he wrapped his arm around her waist, supporting her.

Elizabeth put up a weak resistance, placing her hands flat on his chest like she was going to push him away. Instead, she squeezed and dug her fingers into the hard flesh, remembering how good it felt to touch him, having him pressed against her. She broke her lips away from his “Yes…yes…touch me.” She grabbed the back of his neck with both hands, locking them in place. He pushed her against the wall, kissing her long and deep while his hands caressed her face, her neck, her shoulders, her breasts and her ass.

*~~~*

Mr. Wise left his trailer to check on the progress of his men. Everything seemed to be in order except one area. He looked around, searching for the new guy. There was still some concrete left to be hauled to the dump and the blonde man was no where in sight. He walked towards the back of the house and spotted Xander, his buddy.

“HARRIS…WELL THE HELL IS SPIKE?”

Xander’s head snapped up. He pointed to the porta potty.

Mr. Wise walked over to the porta potty and noticed it was occupied. He banged on the door. “That’s enough slacking Spike…you still have plenty of stuff to do” He looked at his watch. “And only one more hour to do in or I’m docking your pay.”

Mr. Wise heard him inside messing with the door. He stepped back to allow Spike to open it.

He was dumbfounded the person wasn’t Spike, he said, “Ur sorry Pete”

Not bothered in the least, the stocky young man said, “I think I saw Spike go inside the house.”

Angry, Wise replied, “You shittin me…He’s not authorized to go in there.”

Mr. Wise rushed to the patio doors and walked inside. Immediately, he called out for Ms. Summers, thinking she might have seen Spike. “Ms. Summers are you down here?” He thought he had yelled loud enough for her to hear him but it was a pretty big house. He made his way up the stairs and called her name out again. Once he was at the top of the staircase, he noticed only one of the many doors was open. He headed in that direction.

*~~~*

Elizabeth hands fell to Spike’s shoulders as he kissed down her quivering body, caressing her hips, her thighs, her calves. He buried his face at her center and nuzzled before returning to her mouth. Their lips joined then parted and joined again, their tongues rolling and twisting in each other’s mouths. They both moaned and gasped, recapturing the passion that lay dormant for four days only to have it cut short when Spike thought he heard something. He stopped kissing Elizabeth and placed his finger against his lips, telling her to be quite.

Mr. Wise stood in the doorway of the last bedroom of the house. “Ms. Summers are you in here?”

Spike and Elizabeth quickly parted. She wiped her mouth and straightened out her clothes. “Just a minute…I’ll be right out.”

Mr. Wise waited in the doorway but poked his head as far as it could go inside the room. He noticed some arty pictures on the table and that the French doors were opened before asking himself why she was in the closet. He shrugged and pulled back, waiting for her to come out.

Elizabeth was still having trouble getting her breathing under control. She looked at Spike who seemed to be having the same problem but she knew if she didn’t come out of the closet soon, Mr. Wise would get suspicious and something told her Spike had no business being inside the house. She took a few steps out of the closet.

“Yes…is something wrong?”

Mr. Wise tilted his head to the side. The cute blonde appeared to be out of breath and flushed. “Are you alright Ms. Summers?”

“Ahh yes, why do you ask?”

Mr. Wise noticed Elizabeth’s hair was down instead of in the ponytail he saw earlier. “You don’t look so good.”

Thinking quickly, she said, “It’s just this hot weather and I’m trying to move some things around inside.”

“Oh well let me help you.” He tried to walk further into the room.

“NO!!” Elizabeth outstretched her arms in front of her. “I mean…no I can manage.” She said calmly. “Was there something I can help you with?” She asked him.

Mr. Wise cleared nervously cleared his throat. “Yeah well…I’m sorry to bother you but have you seen one of my workers…white-blonde hair, medium height, he’s wearing a white tank top and blue jeans.”

Elizabeth creased her brow, pretending she didn’t remember seeing anyone who matched that description. “No I can’t say that I have.”

Mr. Wise was surprised she didn’t remember Spike since he watched her observe the blonde man in front of the house when she first arrived. He shrugged, thinking maybe he was wrong. “Well okay thanks…he’s probably back now so I’ll just go back outside to look…sorry if I disturbed you.”

Elizabeth breathed a sigh of relief as Mr. Wise turned to leave. She looked at Spike. He winked at her.

Mr. Wise was about to leave then turned around again. “Are you sure you don’t want me to help you? It’s no trouble.”

“No I’m fine…I’ll be finishing up shortly and getting out of your way.”

“Oh it’s no trouble at all having you here Ms. Summers and by the way, congratulations.”

“Thank you”

Mr. Wise left and Elizabeth slouched then made her way over to the bed. Soon, Spike joined her and she immediately scooted over.

“That was close” He said.

“Yes, too close…you better leave.”

Things had cooled considerably and suddenly she was withdrawn. Spike frowned and nodded his head. “Right then” He got up and walked to the door then turned to her. “I’ll be getting off soon.”

Elizabeth met his gaze. “Why are you telling me this?”

He didn’t answer. “I’m staying at the Sunnydale Motel…room 33…top floor.”

Aware he was ignoring her, Elizabeth thought it was pointless to ask the same question again. She knew damn well why he was telling her this. She watched him walk out the door, leaving her slippery and excited between her legs.