Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to my betas, Enchantress and Allison.
Disclamier - The song is by Jojo and Kc


Buffy woke the next morning, instantly recalling the night before when Spike had kissed her, and was really excited to go to school for once.

She jumped up and ran to her closet, picking out something a little different from her normal attire. This outfit was daring and sexy and just for Spike. She decided on a short denim skirt and a tight black tank top.

"Buffy, sweetheart, are you up yet?" her mother called, knocking at her bedroom door.

Buffy went over and opened the door to let her mother in and said cheerfully, "Yeah, Mom, I'm getting ready right now."

Joyce smiled and left her daughter in peace, noticing how excited and happy she was and wondering what was going on.

Buffy was finishing the final touches on her hair when her brother knocked on the door, asking in an irritated tone, "Hey, Buff, are you ready yet?"


"Coming!" Buffy yelled to him while grabbing her backpack off her bed. When she ran down the stairs, Angel's shock was obvious.

"You're not going out like that," he said, grabbing her arm to stop her from running out of the house.

Buffy turned to him and said, "Oh yes I am, Angel. Sorry, but this is my body, and I'm gonna dress how I want to. Now will you please take your hands off me?"

Angel let go of her, and she said curtly, "Thank you."

"Does Mom know you look like this?" Angel asked her as he crossed his arms over his chest, giving Buffy the so-called look.

Buffy smiled and simply said, "No, Angel, and she's not gonna find out, just like she won't find out about you gambling with her money."

"Why can't I be an only child?" Angel grumbled as he watched Buffy walk out of the house.

By the time they finally reached the school, Buffy jumped out of the car eagerly, almost racing over to meet Willow. As soon as Willow saw Buffy, her jaw dropped. "Wow, Buffy. Is that really you?"

Buffy did a little twirl to show off. "Yep, it sure is. How do I look?"

"You look great, but why the sudden change?" Willow asked.

Buffy shrugged her shoulders. "Just ready, I guess."

Willow nodded and followed her to their lockers. When Buffy reached her locker, she saw Angel and Spike talking with Riley and Lindsey and felt her heart skip a beat. She wondered what Spike would think of her transformation.

"Yo, Angel, isn't that your sister?" Lindsey asked with a whistle, admiring the view.

Angel glanced at his sister and then turned back to Lindsey. "Yeah, but don't be gettin' any ideas."

Lindsey held his hands up defensively. "I wasn't. Just saying, I wouldn't mind taking her out on a date now."

Riley laughed, attracting the attention of the other boys.


"What are you laughing at, Riley?" Spike asked, frowning at him slightly. He wasn't sure he liked where this conversation was heading.

Riley stopped laughing and said, "Think about it - Lindsey taking Angel's little sister out on a date? Yeah right. I can't see that happening, although I can see dinner in bed, if you get what I mean."

Spike glared at Riley and with a growl said, "She's got a name and doesn't deserve that kind of talk."

Riley looked over at Spike and asked, "Why so defensive?"

Spike didn't reply. He walked away, leaving all of them to wonder what the hell had happened. Spike walked past Willow and Buffy without acknowledgement, feeling Buffy's eyes on him the whole way. He didn't want Buffy to think they were anything but friends. The kiss was just a kiss, though he wasn't sure he wanted it to be. He knew she wouldn't want it to be so, and he knew he should tell her, but he couldn't see himself doing it now, in the middle of school.

Although, he had to admit that it had been an amazing kiss, and it was hard to deny Buffy now. It used to be so much easier when he thought she didn't want anything from him, but the fact that she had a crush on him and he had to reject her was breaking his heart. She really deserved better than that. He didn't want to go to school everyday and see Buffy, knowing that inside her heart was breaking and he was the one doing it to her.

Breaking up with Harmony would soften the blow, for he knew Buffy hated her and hated him being with her. He had a real excuse now - he'd kissed Buffy, though he knew he shouldn't have. Temptation had gotten the better of him.

Buffy followed Spike outside, wondering why he was ignoring her. She knew he was going to smoke, and that meant he was really upset about something.


"Hey, Spike. What's up?" Buffy said softly as she approached him.

"You shouldn't be out here, pet." Spike looked at her with sad eyes as she walked closer, the tension thick between them.

"Why not?"

She put her hand on his shoulder gently, frowning as Spike turned his head and closed his eyes before saying quietly, "Buffy, we need to talk."

I don't know what... what I'm gonna do

See, baby, I apologize for all the things that I've done…

See, I know that I've been a fool for far too long

Baby, you don't have to go and run away

Just come back to papa, please, baby, won't you stay?

If you really love me, then why are you leaving me?

I can't think about this crazy day, I lose sleep

Just to daydream about you, baby

I'm going crazy crazy crazy

Just thinking about you lately

I'm going crazy crazy crazy

Just a thinking about you, baby

I don't know what to do, ooh

I'm going crazy crazy crazy crazy

Thinking about you lately

I'm going crazy crazy crazy crazy

When I can't touch you

When I can't hold you

When I can't see you again

Said I'm going crazy

Baby baby baby baby

Said I'm going crazy



A/N - Thanks to all of you who reviewed the last chapter,
DaniD, Vitalis, Dee, Nicki, Jenny, Beverly, and 76_Bloody_Trombones, you all rock!