Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Allison and Enchantress!
Disclamier - I don't own the songs.

By the time Lindsey's car was out of the high school parking lot, Buffy was going into serious panic mode. She knew Angel was gonna kill her for doing this, but she didn’t have much time to think on this as Lindsey asked, "So, Buffy, where do you wanna go?"

Buffy didn't care where they went just as long as they got far away from the school. She couldn't handle being near Spike right now.

*

Angel was looking every where for his sister, she was gonna be in big trouble when mom saw the grade she got on her math test. An F was almost unforgivable in their Mom's book. She expected Buffy to be the smart one, since Angel had proved a failure in that department.

Angel found Spike by his locker, and asked in an irritated tone, "Spike, have you seen my snobby little sister?"

Spike slammed his locker shut and snapped, "Nope, not since this morning when I broke her heart."

Angel didn't know what the hell Spike was talking about – how could he break Buffy’s heart? They barely knew each other. Angel leaned against the lockers, asking suspiciously, "What do you mean ‘since you broke her heart’?"

"I kissed her, alright? And don't you even start with me, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be dealing with all this shit. Buffy was perfectly fine with just having her little girly crush."

Angel was suddenly in Spike's face, and demanded with a growl, "What the hell did you do to her?"

Spike pushed Angel away from him and replied, "The right thing,"

*


"Lindsey, I know that you want to do something, but to tell you the truth I'm really, really tired right now. If you don't mind I just wanna go home so maybe we can do this some other night," Buffy admitted with a sad smile.

Lindsey shrugged, but took her hand in his and persisted. "About, that Buffy, I was wondering if maybe you might wanna go out with me Saturday night?"

Buffy removed her hand from Lindsey's hand and replied, "Look, Lindsey, I'm not gonna lie I can't go out with you right now because I'm going through something with somebody. It’s hard to explain, but it’s just too soon."

Lindsey grabbed her chin lightly and said sweetly, "Your worth waiting for."

*


Angel and Spike were still in a heated argument when Harmony came running towards them. She wrapped her arms around Spike’s waist and squealed, "Blondie bear, I've been looking everywhere for you."


Spike rolled his eyes at Angel as he mouthed, "Blondie Bear?", in confusion.

"Oh, Angel I saw your sister, she was with Lindsey. They’re skipping school together." Harmony said, watching Angel’s eyes widen in shock.

"I'm gonna kill him!" Angel yelled as he marched out of the school, Spike in tow.

"Spikey!" Harm shouted, stomping her foot in frustration as she realized he was ignoring her.

"Why the hell are you coming? You don't give a shit about Buffy." Angel said as he jumped into his car.

"I do care about her, I always have. Just not the way she wants me to." Spike said as they took off after Buffy and Lindsey.

*

Buffy was finally at home and since her mother was away for work, she was all alone. She grabbed some snacks from the fridge and went upstairs, singing softly along with the melancholy music blasting through the house.

All of my life, all of my life
I've been searching for a love like ours
Somewhere to stay, somewhere safe in your arms
I was so sure
Are you really saying your heart's changing?
Do you really mean goodbye?


The lyrics were like a punch in the gut to Buffy and she had to sit herself down as she listened to the words. So many thoughts were going through her head. She wished things could be different, and maybe they would have been if it hadn’t happened so fast. She couldn't change the past, but she sure as hell could change the future, and it wasn't gonna be like this.

Don't leave me this way, no, no
Don't tell me it's over
We've only begun and our love is so young
You're leaving me nowhere
Don't leave me this way
Don't leave me this way


*



Spike and Angel searched everywhere for Buffy, but came out empty-handed. Finally, they went home, hoping maybe she’d be there, safe and sound, unharmed by Lindsey.

They found her in her room fast asleep, accompanied only by a melted Ben & Jerry’s carton. Angel put his bag down, and Spike placed his books down, and they both stood there watching her sleep for a while.

Spike was the first to break his eyes from her and leave, closely followed by Angel. He was unaware he’d forgotten his notebook, which was really the last thing he wanted Buffy to see.



*

When Buffy awoke, the first thing she noticed was a strange notebook sitting atop her nightstand. She reached for it and opened it, finding Spike’s name printed at the top of the first page.

"How did this get here?" She said to herself, as she skimmed through the pages stopping at the last page as it caught her eye.

Look at us baby, up all night
Tearing our love apart
Aren't we the same two people who live
through years in the dark?
Ahh...
Every time I try to walk away
Something makes me turn around and stay
And I can't tell you why.
When we get crazy,
it just ain't to right,
(try to keep you head, little girl)
Girl, I get lonely, too
You don't have to worry
Just hold on tight
(don't get caught in your little world)
'Cause I love you
Nothing's wrong as far as I can see
We make it harder than it has to be
and I can't tell you why
no, baby, I can't tell you why
I can't tell you why
No, no, baby, I can't tell you why
I can't tell you why
I can't tell you why .

When she finished reading the page she had burning tears in her eyes and was trying her best not to let them fall. Maybe there was hope, and though she knew it would take time, Buffy would settle for what little Spike threw her way.

A/N - A spuffy wet dream is next in chapter 7! Thanks to all who reviewed you all are amazing.