Author's Chapter Notes:
Again, thank you to my dear friend, Im_bloody_English, for editing this chapter and for letting me bounce my crazy ideas with you and telling me they’re not as crazy as I think they are. *smooches* And to: Amelia-Jane, Kimber, MidnightGirl, Spacelord, SarahandJamesFanatic and DrkDevin, for reading and reviewing. You’ve all been so sweet to me, thank you from the bottom of my heart.


Wasn't quite sure how to rate this chapter, I don't think it's worthy of a NC-17 rating, maybe a Hard R, but just to be on the safe side I'll rate it like that.
Chapter 45

He was drunk. Completely, totally, thoroughly drunk in her. Drowning in the uniqueness of her scent as it assaulted his senses, until it washed away all that wasn’t her from his mind, from his heart, from his soul. All he felt was her and how glorious it was to have her back pressed so intimately against his chest as they rode through Galveston, one of his arms firmly keeping her in place as the other held the bridle. All he saw, all he could focus on was the tantalizing expanse of her breasts as he peeked over her shoulder.

Lost as he was in her, he was well aware that she had yet to speak to him. Every attempt on his part to initiate a conversation had been met with stone cold silence. Yes, he knew it’d been his fault. He all but ordered her to keep silent and threatened her over what could happen if she didn’t, but that had been his desperation speaking. Desperation and fear that if she continued trying to blow his cover, his plan would’ve crumbled into dust. And that wouldn’t do, wouldn’t do at all. She had to learn she was his. HIS. Her place was where she was now, in his arms, flush against his body. And he was just the man to teach her who and where she belonged to.

So what if she didn’t want to speak to him? It wasn’t as if he needed to talk to her right now, they could wait for that until they were alone. In the meantime, he was confident he could make her aware of him on other levels, even against her will if he so wished. He loved her too much to take her against her will, however, there were ways to ignite the fire of desire within her and he would employ them all until he achieved the final prize. To claim her as his and only his.

Buffy was seething with anger. How dare he treat her like this? What right had he to lay a hand on her when not even her own father had? And now he pretended to coax her into talking to him as if nothing happened? Ha! If anything it made her all the more determined not to move, not to utter a single sound. She would ignore him. Yes, she knew there was little she could do to stop him and whatever he’d planned, but that didn’t mean that she couldn’t show him how much she despised him by not talking to him, looking at him or even acknowledging he existed.

Determined to get a reaction, any kind of reaction from her, Spike pulled her impossibly closer to him, burying his nose in her hair and inhaling deeply. It felt so silky, so soft against his face and he briefly wondered how it would look splayed all around her beautiful face like a golden halo when she finally lay on his bed. No reaction yet, though, at least not from her since her closeness and her scent had him stirring against his breeches.

The sound of a passing carriage by their side brought him back to his senses enough to realize that they were on one of the main streets in Galveston now and it was starting to fill with all types of vendors opening their shops. No, this wouldn’t do. If he wanted to keep pursuing his current…ahem, endeavor, he needed to use the old road to the docks, the very empty old road to the docks. He straightened on the saddle, his heels digging in quickly to the horse’s sides twice signaling the beast to begin trotting and directed it through the smaller streets until they found the path he’d been looking for, which as he’d expected was blessedly empty.

Buffy’s eyes widened as they focused on the very empty road ahead of them. She’d been relieved when he’d stopped whatever he’d been doing with her hair, but now she was more than a little unnerved. At least when they were traveling through Galveston she’d felt some measure of comfort thinking that he wouldn’t dare do anything to her, but now… ‘Oh God!’ She bit back a moan as a shudder she barely could suppress ran up and down her back at his recent actions.

He pulled the bridle towards him to slow the horse to a walk again; no way was he going to risk falling off, not with what he was planning to do. He lowered his head and nuzzled her neck before licking a path from her throat up to her ear lobe, capturing it between his lips, suckling on it first and then nipping at it playfully. He was finally rewarded with the tiniest of shivers, so tiny that he’d probably wouldn’t have felt it if he hadn’t been embracing her as close as he was.

He started this to elicit any reaction from her, but he truly hadn’t expected her to allow him to be this forward. Hell, he’d been willing to bet she was going to snap at him as soon as he started sniffing her hair, but she hadn’t. However, as much as he wished to take this further, this was neither the time nor place for it. He could smell the salt in the air and it wouldn’t be long until they reached the docks. Still, there was one more thing he wished to do.

He kissed his way down her throat until he felt her pulse beating under his lips, nipping lightly at her tender skin before sucking on it, determined to mark her as his before they even got to his ship.

‘Oh God, what’s he doing?’ she thought, trying to fight the decidedly un-ladylike feelings he was evoking in her. Her nipples strained against the fabric of her dress and she could feel each pull of his sinful mouth as it echoed deep inside her belly. She almost whimpered her disappointment when just as suddenly as he’d begun, he stopped the delicious torment to her neck. Almost. Because as soon as she was faced with the reality of where he’d taken her and what it could mean for her, she forgot about everything except the need to escape which overcame her.

He stopped the horse right in front of ‘The Satan’; one of his crew members came forward to take the reins while he dismounted and extended his arms to help Buffy down. He had to smile at the slightly dazed look on her face as she gazed upon his ship.

“Everything ready to set sail, Manuel?”

As soon as his attention shifted from her to the sailor, she made her move. She wasn’t about to let him take her onto his ship. She was sure to find someone that could help her; she just had to run, run and not stop running until she had.

She didn't get far though, had only managed to get a few steps before he'd caught up with her. Damned long dress of hers didn't allow for an easy escape. And if that wasn't enough, he threw her over his shoulder…again.

“Oh love, you should know by now that you can’t escape from me. I’m your destiny and you can’t escape destiny,” he chuckled as she squirmed in his arms. “If I were you I wouldn’t do that, remember the Convent, sweetheart?” She immediately stopped moving. ‘Like I’d forget that, damn him!’ “I thought so. This wasn’t the way I had planned on bringing you onto my ship, but you didn’t give me much choice.”

He walked across the wooden plank with his precious cargo and set her down as soon as they were aboard, taking her hand in his to prevent her from trying to escape again. “Welcome to your new home, wife. How do you like it?” he asked, enjoying how much more her eyes widened at his inquiry. That was rich! She truly believed he’d brought her here to live. He couldn’t give his entire plan away though, it was too soon, but in the meantime it was fun to see her struggle with the idea that she might not be able to escape from him. Not that it mattered, since he had the certainty that before they left the ship to go back to Campo Real she wouldn’t want to escape from him again.

Home? He couldn’t pretend she lived here, could he? No, no, no. NO. She’d first…well, not kill herself because it was a sin, but she couldn’t stay here, either. She’d swim back to shore as soon as she could. Yes. Or maybe borrow one of the boats, because swimming was so out of the question because of damned long dress anyway. She’d sink straight to the bottom from their weight.

“And if you’re thinking of swimming back to shore or stealing one of the boats, darling, you can just forget about it. Well, unless you want to have a close encounter with one of my men or a shark and I’m not quite sure which would be worse for you.” He smiled at her obvious distress.

‘Damn! What is he? A mind reader?’ She pouted.

‘God, she is so adorable.’ He sighed; his eyes fixed on her bottom lip, thinking what he’d be doing with it were they alone right now.

“So you finally decided to show up, Spike? I’ve been here for hours.”

Spike? Who on earth was Spike? She turned to her side only to find the same man that had been waiting for them outside the Convent looking at William while he waited for his answer.

Then she remembered him saying, “You can call me William or Spike, love,” the fateful day when it all had started. The same day he’d given her her first kiss, when he’d taken her coif off her hair and... No, it was of no use to think about that now. Not now and preferably not ever.

“Xander, you’re already here? I thought we were going to have to wait for you.”

“Well, took you two lovebirds long enough to get here,” he teased. “Everything’s ready to set sail, wanna do the honors?”

“Nah, not this time. You take us into high water just like we discussed, all right?” He then turned to address the rest of the crew. “I don’t want to be interrupted, so if you value your lives you won’t disturb us unless the ship is sinking, is that clear?”

He didn’t wait for an answer before he hauled Buffy behind him to his cabin.

* ~ * ~ *

“Love, please, listen to me, I can explain everyth—”

“No, you listen to me, Spike. I don’t care to hear any of your explanations, not now, not ever. I could care less if you had or are still having an affair with my sister.”

‘Spike,’ he sighed inwardly, ‘not William, not anymore.’ He tried not to show how much it hurt that she hadn’t called him by his given name ever since he’d whisked her away from the Convent. Hell, even before that, ever since yesterday when they were in his room in Campo Real. Had it only been yesterday? It seemed like it’d been a lifetime ago.

And that wasn’t the worst of it. The worst was hearing the tone that tinged her voice when she pronounced it, so full of contempt, so different from before. Well, maybe he should be thanking his lucky stars that she was talking to him again.

If only he’d told Buffy about Aimée before the redheaded girl had, she might have reacted differently. God, it stung to know how badly he’d messed up. Knowing how much he deserved every little bit of that contempt. Of course knowing it didn’t mean he had to accept it or her refusal to listen to him. He was done waiting though; whatever patience he’d managed to exercise as he tried to convince her of giving him a chance to explain was gone now. They’ve been in his cabin for almost an hour now and he wasn’t waiting any longer. She didn’t want to hear him out? Fine. He would make her listen anyway.

“Dammit, Buffy! I’m fucking done with this. You’re going to listen to me whether you like it or not because you’re not getting off this sodding ship until you do!” He gripped her by her shoulders, flinching inside that she seemed afraid of him, but he was unable to stop his tirade now that he seemed to have her attention. “Yes, I’m aware I made a mistake, a huge mistake by not telling you what happened with your sister and if I could turn back time and rectify it I would. But I can’t, no amount of wishing will change that.

“You must believe me when I say I didn’t touch her again from the first time I met you in her room. I didn’t and not for lack of opportunity, I just couldn’t. From that moment on, all I could think about was you brandishing that candelabrum. All I could dream about was how beautiful you looked and how with every breath I took in of your scent it covered me. Every fucking minute of the day and night, each and every moment I spent fantasizing, dreaming about the fiery nun that had stood up so bravely against me, like an avenging angel you looked. And by God, I was lost from that moment on. Completely and irrevocably lost for anyone that wasn’t you. I’m drowning in you, love… You, only you. Had I met you before her, I would have never touched your sister, let alone bed her. I’m not Angel, Buffy. I know what I have and I value you over everything. You’re my world, my life. Don’t take away my life from me. Don’t let Aimée win.”

She wanted to believe him. Oh God, how much she wanted to believe him. He seemed so sincere, so earnest. Could she risk having her heart broken all over again?

Spike saw the hesitance in her face, sensed her desire to believe in him and decided to step up the ante. He would make her believe in him with his kisses, with his love. He would worship her with his body until she had no more doubts of who it was he loved with his whole being. Decision made, he swept her into his arms, not giving her the chance to protest before covering her lips with his. He licked, nibbled, sucked on them, melting whatever resistance she might still feel with his passion, until she exhaled a tremulous gasp, granting him the entry he was demanding into her mouth.

Buffy didn’t even think of resisting him after he took her into his arms and kissed her until she was breathlessly clinging to him, allowing him to do with her as he wanted. She could care less about Aimée or whatever happened between them before. She was the one that was here with him, he’d come looking for her. Nothing else mattered but him and all he was making her feel right now.

Slightly lightheaded as breathing became an issue, he left her mouth to press heated, wet kisses along her jaw, until he reached her earlobe, nibbling on it as he whispered, “I’m yours, Buffy, only yours. Would you be mine, love?”

“Yes, yes, yours, I’m yours,” she responded, her hands circling around his neck as she pressed her body closer to his and moved her mouth along his cheek to seek his. She didn’t understand what was happening to her, she felt as if she were on fire, a tingling feeling spreading deep inside her belly as his hands roamed over her body. She couldn’t get close enough to him; she needed…what, she wasn’t sure. She just knew she needed something that only he could give her.

She moaned into his mouth when his hand covered her breast, her nipples hardening as he fondled them through the dress.

He lowered the hand that he’d snaked around her waist, to squeeze her bottom playfully before he pulled her impossibly closer to him so he could grind his erection into her belly. He couldn’t get enough of her, of how pliant she was in his arms, of how responsive her body was to each and every one of his body’s commands.

Spike pulled away from the temptation of her mouth so he could delight in the flush that covered her face, her throat and the top of her creamy mounds. He couldn’t help but feel proud at the slightly glazed look in her emerald eyes as she begged him without words to keep touching her, to never stop touching her.

His lips left hers, sliding sensuously down her throat, nipping at her pulse as his hand lowered the square neck of her dress enough to let her nipples fall free from it. He took one between his fingers and captured the other with his mouth, sucking on it, slightly grazing it with his teeth, reveling all the while in her taste, in the little mewls and moans that came out of her lips as she arched even further into his hand, as her body writhed against his, as her fingers threaded into his hair to hold him in place. As if he needed further encouragement, if he had his way they’d be doing this forever.

“You’re so beautiful, taste so good. I can’t get enough of you, Buffy. My Buffy,” he growled. “Tell me you want to be with me, please? Tell me so I can make you mine,” he pleaded, desperately needing her permission before continuing, before claiming her as his with his body. He didn’t expect her to truly understand the meaning behind his words, but as long as he received her consent, he would see to it she’d never regret it.

tbc

So, what do you think? Like it, hate it? Tell me, pretty please, I'd love to know. *battes eyelashes*