Author's Chapter Notes:
I’m very sorry for the lack of updates in this story—or in any of my other WIPs for that matter. My muse has been focused mostly on The Art of Immortality. With any luck though, now that the Challenge that story was for is over, I’ll be able to dedicate more time to all my stories (including Someday, Somewhere, Somehow, which I’m co-writing with the lovely IBE).


This chapter is dedicated to my wonderful friend and beta, Im_bloody_English. Happy Birthday, Cariño! Sorry you had to edit your birthday prezzie. *smooches*



Thank you, gdo, SpaceLord, MidnightGirl, Kimber, Amelia-Jane, Vette, teasha, Angie and Jin, hope I haven’t lost you all after such a long absence. And thank you, Tammy for the read through and MarzBar for editing the chapter for me.. *huggles*



In the time I didn’t update, Corazón Salvaje was nominated for Best Romance, Best Fantasy, Best Original Character (María) and Best Cliffhanger in Round 3 of Spark and Burn Awards. Thank you to whoever nominated it. Truly, just knowing that someone thought this story is good enough to be nominated, made me unbelievably happy. *smooches* And in most recent news, the story won a Judge’s Choice banner in Round 3 at those awards, the first it has ever won.

corazón salvaje banner
Gorgeous manip by Vette.

Corazón Salvaje Manip by vel_vette


Chapter 48

Spike’s cabin

Buffy threw a look full of longing at her surroundings before sitting on the bed. William was supervising the preparations for their trip back to Campo Real and she had decided to wait for him here.

Had it been only yesterday when she thought she would never set foot at the Hacienda again, that whatever relationship she had with William was over and done with? It seemed as if it had been so long ago, especially with all the things that had happened in such a short span of time.

She’d been happier with William in this small cabin than she’d ever been anywhere else. And it meant the world for her that he’d asked her yet again to marry him after the wondrous experience they’d shared, her heart surely would’ve been shattered in a million pieces if he hadn’t. However, happy as she was and even if she could fool herself into thinking it was enough that William already considered her his wife in his heart; deep down she knew she needed the proper preparations, the ceremony, the vows to feel that she truly was his, and that theirs was a bond that could not be broken by man or God.

She had mixed feelings about going back to Campo Real, though. So many things could still go wrong and prevent them from being together; namely her sister. Who knew what more Aimée was capable of when she found out the man she considered hers was marrying her sister? Not that it mattered, Buffy was prepared to fight tooth and nail for her man, and if everything else failed, well… even if she despised the thought of doing so, she wasn’t above blackmailing Aimée with telling Angel about William and her prior association if she didn’t leave them be. She would do whatever was needed to defend her happiness, her love and damn the consequences.

One of the few things she was looking forward to once they returned to the Hacienda was sharing her wonderful news with María and showing off her ring, though she would keep it secret from everyone else. All of Campo Real’s inhabitants were under the impression she’d only recently met William, and even if Angel seemed friendly with him now, she was all too aware there were hurdles to be surmounted before becoming ‘officially’ betrothed.

But even this she didn’t mind too much. Theirs had been an unconventional relationship right from the start and although she couldn’t say she regretted anything of what they’d lived through so far, she was looking forward to the experience of William courting and wooing her in proper fashion.

William. Her William. He came for her at the Convent and all but smashed to bits the doubts Aimée had so callously planted in her mind and heart. He’d shown her, not just through words but his actions that she was the one he cared about, the only one he loved.

With him she felt cherished, adored, safe, and above all, loved. The weight of the ring on her finger both comforted and reassured her that this was something real, that soon they would be together as man and wife, and that this was something worth fighting the devil himself for.

Spike watched her in silent admiration from his vantage point by the door. She was so lost in her thoughts she still hadn’t noticed him which gave him the chance to observe her uninterrupted. He longed to tangle his fingers in the long, glorious tresses tumbling down her back, kiss the sweet smile that danced upon those lips, drown in the emerald depths of her eyes. The rays of light that peeked through the bull’s eye window gave her an ethereal, almost other-worldly glow and he couldn’t stop himself from nearing the bed, kneeling in front of her to capture her hand in his, make sure she was truly here.

She was startled out of her musings when she felt someone grab her hand, almost pulling it away before her eyes landed on his and instead she threaded her fingers with his. There was so much awe, so much love shining in the azure gaze that it took her breath away.

“You’re so beautiful, my love. You glow.”

“That must be because I’m happy, kind sir,” she replied shyly, lowering her eyes to her ring. Happier than I’ve ever been before.

He followed her stare and in a sudden burst of insecurity asked, “You like the ring? Because if not, we—I can change it for someth—” She put her finger over his lips to stop him from completing the sentence.

“I don’t like the ring, I love it. I can’t wait until I can show it off to everyone in Campo Real. Especially Aimée, she’ll die of envy when she sees it.”

“Bloodthirsty little thing, aren’t you?” he smirked, all traces of the bashful William persona replaced by his usual arrogant demeanor.

“No, or well, perhaps a little bit. After everything she told me…” she breathed in deeply, trying to stave off the pain she’d felt when remembering how cruel her sister had been. Enough of that, she chastised herself. It wasn’t true, at least not any longer. William didn’t love Aimée and never had. He was hers and hers alone. She smiled then frowned as a thought entered her mind. “How do you think everyone will react to our news?”

“I think they might react much better than you expect, love.” Bloody hell, even better than he expected.

“Why do you say that?”

“Because yesterday after you ran away from my room I received some unexpected visitors.” She arched a brow in question.

Had Aimée visited him in his room after they talked? Because if she did…

“First María, then—” (He was about to say ‘your sister’ when he changed his mind, wanting to delay the inevitable explosion a little longer.) “—then your Aunt Darla, who came to offer me the hand of her niece if I accepted becoming a De Alcazar legally and then…”

“My Aunt Darla did… what?” She couldn’t have heard what she thought she heard, could she? It was too good to be true.

“Offered to let me marry you if I accepted being a De Alcazar, love. It might seem Doña Darla is more perceptive than I gave her credit for.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Well, she must have noticed that I’m besotted with her gorgeous niece, so decided to sweeten the deal by offering you to me. I don’t think she realized that I would have accepted her niece without the added incentive of a piece of paper saying I’m part of her family, though.”

"You would have me with nothing other than my hand in marriage?"

"Yes, sweetheart, I would. Matter of fact, I’m planning on telling your mother that I won’t accept a dowry for you."

She blinked. “No dowry?” she repeated, not that they would have much to give him seeing as her father left them in a very precarious economic situation, however the groom not accepting any dowry was almost unheard of in their social circles. Then again, while by birth right he should be part of those circles, by circumstance he wasn’t.

“Love, your returning affection is more than enough dowry for me. I’m a wealthy man and I promise I will keep you in sinful opulence for the rest of your life. I don’t need anything more than you.”

She would have swoon at his words if she hadn’t been seated, as it was she was unable to stop herself from leaning in and kissing him softly.

“Mmmm, I love you,” she said, when they parted.

“And I you.” He kissed her again, tenderly, gently, trying to convey his feelings in any way he could, before leaving her lips to rest his forehead against hers, basking in the knowledge that she was his.

“And… who were those other visitors you mentioned?” She rolled her eyes inwardly; she truly was glutton for punishment. Why else would she interrupt a perfect moment to ask him that?

“Hmm, well, Angel was one of them,” Spike answered.

“Angel?”

“Yes, he found out from his mother that I’m his half-brother and wanted to welcome me into the family. He also told me that although he’d considered marrying you off to his friend Riley…” The shudder that went through her at the mere mention and the moue of distaste that curled her lips didn’t escape his notice and reassured him in more ways than simply Angel’s words had about her feelings in that respect. “He very much preferred me to marry such a lovely lady, so long as she agreed. So… what do you think, love, would the lady agree?”

“Oh, I don’t know, she might have to think about it…”

“Like hell you will, you already said yes and I won’t let you go back on your word now.”

“All right, all right,” she let out a long suffering sigh, but the twinkle in her eyes belied her teasing. “I’ll marry you, but only because I already gave you my word and I’d hate parting from this gorgeous… ring.”

“I’ll—” He was interrupted by a loud knock on the door, followed by…

“Capitán?”

Spike growled, getting up from the floor and crossing the cabin to fling the door open. “What?!”

“Eh, well… err,” the poor man stuttered.

“Out with it!”

“Eh, so-sorry, Capitán, it’s j-just that Xander wa-wanted you to know that everything is ready so you can leave now.”

“Tell him we’ll be down in a few minutes.” He turned to Buffy and extended a hand to her. “Time to go, kitten, are you ready?”

“As ready as I’ll ever be, my Captain,” she said, walking to where he stood and putting her hand in his.

* ~ * ~ * ~ *

Spike ordered Xander to leave first with their baggage so he could retrieve Buffy’s horse from her house on his way to Campo Real. And as soon as he got to the Hacienda, he was to warn María that Spike and her ward would be arriving a little later that same day and help her prepare some kind of diversion so they could somehow get into the house without being noticed by anyone.

That, of course, meant that William and she had to ride together on his horse. Not like she was complaining about that. She was still more than a bit sore between her thighs and it would be infinitely more comfortable to ride with him, his strong arms around her, than astride on her own horse.

They followed the same path Xander had taken at a slower pace, intent on enjoying what was left of their time together; both aware that once they arrived at Campo Real these moments would be, at best, very few and far between.

Buffy’s thoughts centered on how different this ride was from the one they’d made just that morning from the Convent to his ship. Whereas then she’d done her best to ignore him, this time she basked in his attentions, his caresses. She reveled in the cadence of the horse’s pace that seemed to match the rhythm of his heartbeat, the way his body pressed oh so deliciously against hers with every step and how her body tingled wherever it came in contact with his.

She felt different, much more aware of her body, of him, of what he made her feel than she’d ever been before.

“Do I look any different to you?” Buffy asked all of the sudden, turning slightly on his lap to face him.

“Different? I don’t think I follow, love.”

“I mean, will they notice w-what we did?”

“What we did?” She blushed adorably under his questioning gaze.

“You know…” She pouted. “Me, you, your cabin?”

“Ah, you mean us making love?”

“Y-yes, that. Do you think they’ll notice? Oh God, what if María does? She knows me better than anyone else. She will know and then—”

“And then nothing, love, I swear you don’t look any different than you did this morning when I found you at the Convent, except perhaps…” He regarded her with a heated gaze that raked over her breasts and then back up to lose himself in her green eyes, “you look even more beautiful now than you did then.”

Pleasure at his words stained her cheeks red once again before swatting his arm, noting he hadn’t answered her question. “That’s not what I was asking and you know it. Do you think María will notice that I’m not…” she swallowed the knot that formed in her throat, lowering her voice to a whisper, “innocent anymore?”

Spike chuckled. “Oh baby, you’re still innocent. It will take me years before I can strip every shred of innocence from your delectable body and even then, I’m sure nothing I could do would sully the innocence of your soul and heart.”

She tipped her head back, her eyes filled with mischief and the desire to make him swallow his words. “Innocent, eh? Would an innocent do this?” She caressed his jaw with her lips while her hand ghosted over his chest. “Or this?” She nibbled on his earlobe before biting it lightly, delighting in the shudder that coursed through his body. “And how about this?” she whispered heatedly in his ear before her hand drifted inside his shirt, stroking the warm skin she encountered there, enjoying the way his heart beat wildly under her fingertips.

Yes, she was still very innocent in so many ways, but he had awakened a part of her she didn’t even know existed. The same part determined to make him insane with lust for her, crave her over everything else. To be all he would ever need so he would never want for another. She wanted to erase every caress that had ever grazed his skin, every kiss that had ever claimed his mouth and replace them with hers, only hers.

Spike was stunned by her actions, not sure how to respond to them at first. He wasn’t used to his ladylove being so forward, but neither could he deny he was enjoying it immensely. If his golden goddess wanted to play the role of naughty minx, who was he to stop her? He lowered his head, intent on capturing her mouth with his, groaning in frustration when the little tease evaded him with a giggle and resumed planting small nibbles and bites down his neck. She was driving him absolutely mad with desire; from every fleeting touch of her tiny hands down to the subtle yet suggestive kisses she bestowed his skin with her sweet lips. He wanted, no, needed to have her again... and the sooner the better.

Right now he could care less who might see them or what would happen if they were to be discovered. He was drunk from her attentions and all he cared about in this moment was burying his cock deep inside her, feel her heat surrounding him again, squeezing him into the sweetest oblivion he’d ever experienced.

She was thoroughly addicted to him, to this. To the taste of his skin on her lips, the faint aroma of tobacco blending oh so tantalizingly with his own musky scent, the way his muscles flexed and rippled underneath her fingertips, the heady sensation of power whenever she did something that made him moan, growl, or grow harder against the back of her leg. She couldn’t get enough of that feeling, couldn’t get enough of him, as she squirmed in his lap, trying to get closer to him, to recapture the magic she’d lived in his arms a few hours ago.

He saw the stables a little further down the road and spurred his horse into a gallop. For as much as he loved getting acquainted with this new side of his Buffy, it was hell not being able to touch her like he wanted to.

Lost in a haze of lust, he led the horse inside the nearest barn, thankful when he noticed it was deserted. Not that he cared if it hadn’t been, as aroused as he was, but it made things a whole lot easier. With difficulty due to the rather painful erection he was sporting—and hell if he wasn’t going to remedy that right this instant—he dismounted and extended his arms towards Buffy who immediately slid into them in a soft flurry of petticoats.

Once she stood on the ground before him, he led his horse into the nearest stall and secured it inside, before stalking towards her, his bluer than blue eyes shining with barely restrained control as they heatedly trailed up and down her body. The bravado she’d shown while they’d ridden evaporated and the shy, almost virginal girl reappeared with a vengeance as she gulped and moved away.

“Wha-what are you doing?” she asked, taking a step back for every step he took towards her.

“What does it look like I’m doing, love?” he smirked, enjoying the chase and already savoring the outcome as he led her to where he wanted her.

“I-I’m sorry I teased you like that, I really am.”

“I’m not.” He tilted his head, his indigo gaze raking over her body voraciously. “And I’m quite certain you’re not either.”

“Stay right there.” She extended her right hand in an effort to keep him away, suddenly apprehensive over what she might have unleashed. She had been playing with fire teasing him like she had, but she’d been unable to resist finding out how much she could affect him. She hadn’t considered her own body’s treacherous reactions at seeing him look so… wild, so untamed as he advanced towards her predatorily.

“Now why would I do that when you’re…” He took her hand in his, bringing it to his lips, pressing a kiss on her open palm and then licking it, delighting in the shiver that ran through her before pushing her over a haystack she hadn’t even noticed was there. “…right where I want you,” he added as he joined her, pulling her into his arms and crushing her lips passionately with his, claiming the kiss she’d teasingly denied him before.

Her earlier trepidation and the world around them melted like ice under the midday sun when his mouth captured hers, her own desire for him leaving her soft and pliant at the mercy of his caresses as she responded to them, to him.

He was too worked up for finesse, completely at the mercy of his baser instincts as his hands skimmed over breasts, cupping them through the fabric of her dress, kneading them, weighing them. He adorned her neck with wet kisses and nibbles as his mouth slid downwards, dragging the bodice of her dress away until her perfect breasts spilled from it and he could finally taste her, tease her nipples into hardened peaks that he then proceeded to devour.

Oh God, what was he doing to her? She was adrift, lost in a sea of sensations, drowning in the pleasure he brought her body with his touch. Right or wrong no longer mattered to her. She could care less they were practically outdoors, that anyone might come upon them. She cared for little else right now but him and all he made her feel.

Her arms came up to cradle his head against her heaving bosom, begging him without words to give her more, to give her everything, now, always and forever. Tiny tremors coursed through her body, liquid fire chasing away any reservation she still had left as it traveled through her veins. Her body was burning with desire, and only he knew how to quench it, how to satisfy her.

His lips traveled back to feast on her mouth while lowering a hand to her waist, turning her ever so slightly to rest on top of him so he could ravish her luscious body all the better. Continuing south, his fingers paved the way towards the hem of her gown, snaking its way inside. He was ravenous to feel her naked flesh, but instead found more fabric. Bloody petticoats! Had there been as many this morning? he asked himself while impatiently making his way through the maze of material, moaning in rapture when he finally met the soft skin that lay beneath.

His hand coasted along her legs, bringing the fabric of her dress up in its ascent until it bunched around her hips. Diving into the slit where her underwear parted, he caressed the inside of her thighs, an elated moan hitching in his throat at finding her already dripping with excitement. His fingertips ran sensuously between her nether lips, coating them in the musky dew before pushing a finger inside, pumping it in and out, adding a second then a third, stretching her, preparing her.

“Christ, love, you’re so wet, so hot. Is this for me, baby, huh? Is it, Buffy?”

She couldn’t answer, couldn’t form any words as she writhed on top of him, moaning and panting, his mouth and fingers taking her one step closer to paradise with every touch, every kiss. She was aflame, her hips moving of their own volition, intent on recapturing his fingers inside her body each time they tried to leave.

He freed his cock from his breeches with a single hand then brought one of hers down to wrap around it, all while drowning in her glazed jade depths. “Can you feel how hard I am, how hard you make me, love?” She nodded, making him hiss in pleasure when her fingers started sliding up and down his length, tightening their hold around it with each pass, reminding him how it felt to be inside her, until he couldn’t wait a second longer for that.

She whimpered, feeling the loss when he took his digits out of her and pushed her hand from his shaft. He began gliding the head of his cock back and forth along her slit, painting it with her juices, making her crave what he could do to her.

* ~ * ~ * ~ *

In the garden nearby the stables

Aimée was restless, had been all day upon discovering William wasn’t in his room—or anywhere else in the Hacienda for that matter. She should know; she’d looked for him everywhere she could think of. And had become even more agitated after she found his second in command when he arrived with his baggage. The damned infuriating man had treated her to a condescending smirk as if he was aware of something she couldn’t begin to grasp, before telling her that William would return later that same day. Nothing else mattered to her but that; the knowledge that her lover would soon be back in her arms where he belonged.

She didn’t care that he’d told her to stay away from him the day before, that was just his anger talking and she was certain she could convince him, remind him just how good things were between them like before. How could he resist her? No man ever had. And he wouldn’t be the exception to that rule.

She refused to acknowledge being married to Angel because that would put a damper on her plans. William and she could make it work, carry on by keeping their relationship a secret as they had before she made the biggest mistake in her life and married a man she wasn’t even remotely attracted to. So what if he thought he wanted her sister? She’d just have to make him see the error of his ways. How hard could that be? He was a hot blooded male and Elizabeth was nothing but a sanctimonious ice queen who would faint when faced with the evidence of his desire. He would need a real woman when he realized that and she would be there waiting for him, waiting as long as she needed to.

She’d spent hours waiting already though. It wouldn’t be long until dusk and still no sign of William. That’s when she heard strange sounds that seemed to come from the stables. Hoping it was him coming back from wherever he’d gone off to and that she’d have her opportunity to talk, to convince him they belonged together, she started towards the barn. The closer she got, however, the louder the noise became and her curiosity only increased when she heard William’s unmistakable voice followed by a loud moan.

Wanting to find out what he could be doing inside, she walked to the door and peered inside. A gasp flew from her lips, both horrified and outraged at the scene unfolding before her but she was unable to tear her eyes from it even though she really, truly wanted to.

* ~ * ~ * ~ *

Spike grabbed Buffy by the hips, the tip of his cock nudging her soft folds apart to push his way inside her moist heat, thrusting up while pulling her down until he was as deep inside her as he could be, stilling for a few moments for both their sakes. Feeling her snug walls surrounding him was almost too much and he definitely didn’t want to disgrace himself before having his wicked way with his gorgeous fiancée.

She arched her back, moaning lustfully when he was finally ensconced within her depths. She needed to move, but the firm grip he had on her prevented that. She was about to ask what was wrong when she detected movement near the stable’s door from the corner of her eye and was unable to climb off him. But when she had a better look and realized exactly whom it was spying on them, she decided otherwise. After all, what better way to show her dear sister just how wrong she’d been than to let her see how much William and she loved and wanted each other?

It took him a minute to get his bearings, to control his desire enough to know he wouldn’t cum too soon, but just when that happened, her inner muscles contracted around his shaft and he almost lost it again.

He set his gaze on her mischievous emerald eyes, almost swallowing his tongue in surprise when she winked at him and clenched those amazing muscles again. Mindless with lust, he started moving her up and down his cock until she caught onto the rhythm and took over for him, leaving his hands free so they could roam over her body at will.

“God, you’re burning me up, love. Scorching me, branding me…” he babbled, sitting up and changing the angle in which his shaft was piercing her, his lips swallowing her tiny mewls and moans as his fingers rubbed her clit, fast and rough, then slow and soft, her honey soaking his fingers, letting him know she was as close to reaching her peak as he was to reaching his.

“Louder,” she purred in his ear, wanting Aimée to hear William tell her how much he loved her before losing herself to her passion and not care anymore. “Say it louder.”

He looked at her quizzically, but complied anyway. If his girl wanted him to talk louder, then louder she’d get. “I’m yours, only yours, my Buffy, my wife, my everything,” he said.

“Oooh God, William... unghh, I’m yours, too.”

“Love you, like I’ve never... never loved anyone like this. Only you, sweetheart. You’re perfect for me. I’m so close, love, you feel so wonderful wrapped around me, surrounding me, squeezing me. You’re close, too, baby, aren’t you? I can feel it. Cum for me, darling, cum with me.”

* ~ * ~ * ~ *

Bile rose unbidden to her mouth, gagging her, as she heard them, as she heard him declaring his love to her sister in the barn. Unable to stay there even one more second, she ran and ran until she found herself at the farthest end of the garden, getting indelicately sick on one of the bushes as the words William had spoken kept replaying in her head, over and over.

He’d never told her he loved her, not even in the heat of passion. Still, that didn’t mean that he loved Elizabeth either. Men did just about anything to get what they wanted. And it wouldn’t be long until he realized she was the best of the two sisters and come back crawling, begging her for another opportunity. She just had to bide her time. Right now he was angry, that’s why he was with her sister, nothing else.

* ~ * ~ *

The world exploded in a maelstrom of colors and sensations as they both reached their climax in perfect synchrony. Slightly breathless and their senses still reeling after what they’d experienced, they laid there next to each other, sharing sweet words and kisses until daylight finally gave way to the night.

The moonlight entering through the stable’s window reminded them they couldn’t stay like this, here, together, without being properly married, at least not without facing some rather dire consequences, especially in Buffy’s case. And he loved her too much to want that for her. However, this knowledge similarly reinforced his intention of making their betrothal as short as it possibly could be. He could hardly wait for that day when they wouldn’t have to separate, when they’d be allowed to live their love and not hide it from anybody.

Regretfully, they got up from their makeshift bed and Spike lit a fuel lamp hanging nearby, before adjusting his clothes then helping her readjust hers as best he could to appear somewhat presentable in case they encountered anyone on their way back to the main house.

It wasn’t until they left the barn that Buffy remembered her sister; she’d been so completely enthralled making love with William that she completely forgot that she had seen them. There was no evidence she was still around though, so hopefully that meant Aimée finally understood where she stood regarding her betrothed.

The walk to Buffy’s room was made in silence, a respectable distance between them for fear they might find someone along the way, each of them saddened they couldn’t spend the remainder of the night together as they’d done with their day.

Once they got to the French doors that led to her room and before she tried to go through them, Spike pulled her into his arms, kissing her deeply, rekindling the flame of desire in Buffy as he tried to convey without words how much he’d miss not having her by his side.

“William, William, you-you have to leave,” she pleaded between kisses, barely hanging to the tenuous thread of her control.

“I don’t want to.”

She sighed, pushing him away. “I don’t want to, either, but if someone were to discover us…” she left the sentence unfinished, not sure if she wanted to voice her fears.

“I know, I know.” He approached her again and captured her lips in one last kiss then took a few steps back, turning away as he said, “I’ll see you in the morning, sweetheart. Sweet dreams.”

“Good night, my love,” she whispered, looking at his back until he disappeared from view.

As silently as she could, she entered her room, closing the doors behind her and reclining on them before bringing one of her hands to her tingling mouth, a dreamy smile curving her lips when she remembered how she felt while Spike’s tongue caressed hers. She was startled out of her thoughts when one of the bureau lamps suddenly lit up the room, allowing her to notice for the first time that she was not alone inside.

tbc

Still with me? I hope you are and if you want to let me know what you thought of this chapter, I’ll be very thankful. *bats eyelashes*