Chapter 7

Buffy stormed the stairs, a slayer on a mission. Willow had watched Buffy’s face, furrowing in anger. Then she saw Spike chatting with a skanky girl on the balcony of the club.

Buffy stood behind Spike her arms folded her foot tapping on the floor. The girl across from Spike was signalling, he couldn’t spot the slayer. He turned around to find the blond beauty, glaring at him. He placed his beer down, and faced her.

Buffy was seething, " How dare he chat up another girl" She waited her eyebrow lifted waiting for an explanation.

"Buffy, this is uh…" Spike motioned to the girl next to him. The girl rolled her eyes.

" Susie…are you his girlfriend or something, cos he never told me he had a girlfriend," She stood there and bit her nail.

"God, she is just like Harmony," Spike’s muscle flickered beneath his cheek.

" What, would you know slayer?" He stepped forward and leaned into her.

" You know, you look hot when you’re angry," Spike smirked when he was pushed back. He banged against the balcony railing.

A couple of guys stared, seeing it was just a couple fighting went back to they’re drinking.

Buffy’s cheeks were on fire, he made her so mad half the time, and lust after him the next. He stood there arrogant as ever and all she wanted to do was kiss him.

So she did the next best thing, she punched him; he flew back rubbing his jaw.

He stood up and advanced forward, pushing her back with both his hands. Buffy flipped and landed on her feet.

" I think, were gonna take it outside," She pulled Spike by the collar, advancing down the steps two at a time.

She threw Spike out of the back door, the same one a week earlier. Spike rolled on the floor and stood up. He bounced on his feet his fists held up, in mock boxing stance.

"So…the slayer wants to play," He stood awaiting Buffy to throw the first punch.

"Not playing Spike, " She punched him in the nose, knocking him backwards.

He held his nose the blood dripping, down to his lip. He absentmindedly licked his top lip.

"Eww, gross Spike," She looked away and he stared a confused look on his face.

"I’m a vampire…our natural senses is to want blood,"

" Yeah but not from your own nose,"

Spike walked closer; cocksure of himself he leaned into Buffy. She felt the shiver of his lips against the column of her throat.

Buffy closed her eyes, the rush of pleasure that started in her toes and tingled all the way to the top of her head. She had never experienced this feeling.

Her mind screamed "no" she pushed Spike back and stared.

" I can’t do this, it’s too weird you’re my enemy. It has got to stop,"

Spike’s eyes flashed yellow, he let out a vampire growl, suprising Buffy.

" What, is up with you…I’m falling for you, and all you can do is push me away,"

Buffy stood her ground her chin stuck out defiantly, her eyes stung with tears but she blinked them back, there was truth in what Spike was telling her. She did push people away but she knew life of a slayer was short-lived.

"Spike, you don’t understand, I…"

"That’s right, I don’t understand I don’t think I ever will, you like pushing people who get too close to you," Spike sighed and stood before her his forehead resting against hers.

"I need to stay away from you," Spike turned and strode out of the alleyway his duster billowing behind him.

"Everybody leaves," Buffy whispered, and crumbled to the floor and wept.





Chapter 8

Spike kicked the door of his crypt with his foot; He stormed over to the wall and reached for the bottle of whiskey. He took a healthy gulp, and threw the bottle against the wall. The offending item smashed into pieces, shattering to the floor.

He laughed, tears forming in his eyes. He once called himself "Love’s Bitch" and now he knew it. He paced around the crypt, walking his anger. He loved the slayer, he knew it but she would never, get over the vampire stigma.

He knew what he had to do, he picked up the bag and threw the bags of blood and clothes he had, and he scribbled a note and walked out of Sunnydale.

Buffy’s cheeks were hot, stained from the tears. She had to make it up with Spike. She had feelings with him; she didn’t even feel with Angel. With a determined walk, she carried on to the cemetery.

Spike stopped off to see his friend Clem; they shared a beer before Spike told him he was leaving.

"What, Spike I thought you liked it here?" Clem lifted his arm, as the layers of skin wobbled.

Spike smiled, and took a sip of his beer; he looked around the familiar bar. The poker game had already finished, and Clem cheated as usual.

"I need to get out of here for a while, but I will leave a number for you to contact me," Clem nodded as the piece of paper was left on the table. Spike drank the last of the beer and stood up.

"Well mate, better get a move on," Spike nodded at his friend, slung his bag over his shoulder and walked out of the bar.



Clem sighed, Spike always, was the same when it came to women.

Buffy picked up her pace, as she walked through the cemetery. She came closer to Spike’s crypt, noticing the door open. She halted, should she turn back? She continued and stepped through the door, she found a bottle smashed into the corner of the room, the place looked more empty than usual.

She continued into the corner of the room, her heart pounding. Anxiety, took over she knew he was gone. She sat, in the corner of the crypt, her arms hugging her knees.

She cried, silent tears hoping that the blonde haired vampire would be back before sunrise.

Spike drove down the highway in his black desoto. A picture of Buffy hung from the dashboard.

Scattered bottles of whiskey littered the inside of the car. Spike took a gulp from the almost empty bottle, and threw it behind him o the seat.

He hoped she would find the note soon, he couldn’t bear to be without her, but she had to learn where her heart lied.



Buffy awoke from her slumber; she stretched her legs and realised that she was still sitting in the crypt. She wiped her face, and brushed her hair behind her ears.

She stood up, still not sensing Spike. And walked over to the makeshift bed, a note lay on top of the pillow addressed to her. She reached out to pick it up, and retracted her hand, afraid of what she would find.



Buffy picked up the note, and scanned her eyes across the note, memorising every word. She folded it in her hands and took off for Willie’s bar.



Chapter 9



Buffy kicked the door to Willie’s, most of the clientele looked up. She looked around not seeing the familiar blonde hair and headed straight for Willie.



As soon as the slayer walked through the door, Willie was on edge. He continued to clean the dirty glasses behind the bar silently wished she wouldn’t cause yet another fight.



"Buffy, what a delight to see you here,"



She grabbed hold of Willie’s shirt collar and pulled him towards her. He dropped the glass he was cleaning.



"I want you to tell me where Spike is?" It wasn’t a good idea, to piss off a slayer when she was in this mood.



"I don’t know, heard he spilt. But the only one who knows is Clem," Willie pointed to the demon on the other side of the room.



Clem sat counting his money he had won at Kitten Poker, he noticed the blond girl staring at him, and he looked up and smiled the excess skin around his face flapping up and down.



Buffy frowned, and walked to his table. She manoeuvred between the patrons; demons scattered away from the slayer. She sat across from Clem and waited.



"So, this is why Spike left," Buffy blinked her fears had come true.



"He left, do you know where he went?" Buffy sat down afraid her legs would give way.



"Well, I’m not I should tell you. He was pretty adamant he didn’t want to be found," Clem lifted his glass and drained the contents. Buffy bit her lip. She shook her head trying to shake the thoughts in her head.



" I want to find him, he means a lot to me. Just hope it’s not too late,"

Clem stared, into the slayers green orbs now glistening with tears. He motioned, to Willie to bring some drinks to the table. Clem spoke quietly; as to not let any other "interested" people where the blond vampire was.

Buffy sipped her drink, listening to the journey Spike was taking. All she had to do was get Willow to cover her classes and let her mother to know.



She thanked Clem, and headed out of the bar. He nodded his head, who would’ve thought it a vampire and a slayer in love.



Buffy rushed back to her dorm, she threw clothes into her clothes in a bag. She sat down and wrote a letter to Willow. The door opened and her red headed friend walked through.



" Hey Buff," She placed her books on her desk, and sat on her bed. Willow noticed the bag packed and frowned.



"Ah, Willow I need you to cover for me for a few weeks," Willow’s eyes widened and she stood up.



" Why, where are you going?" Buffy sat next to her on the bed.



" You’re not going to like what I’m about to tell you,"



"You’re scaring me now,"



"Well, the thing is I’m going to find Spike he ran off, a-and I love him,"

Willow grinned and placed her hand on Buffy’s shoulder.



" I know," it was Buffy’s turn to look shocked.



" How,"



" I saw your face, when we were in the Bronze. I watched you look, at the balcony with Spike talking to that girl…I knew then you both had that eye lock like there was something more than hate there,"

Buffy smiled and hugged her friend.



" You, were always the smartest cookie in the jar,"

Willow grinned back and helped Buffy pack the rest of the clothes she was taking. She turned around to face Buffy.



" Do you, know where he is?" Buffy rubbed her head and sighed.



"That’s the thing, he was last seen in England. His friend hasn’t heard from him yet,"



"Buffy, England I mean that’s across the world, are you sure you want to do this,"

Buffy looked up and smiled wistfully " I love him Will," Willow patted her on the back.



" Well, that’s a good enough reason as any," She picked up the bag and headed out of the door for the airport.






Spike’s sat at the bar drinking his beer, London had changed a lot in the years since he was alive. His cellphone rang and interrupted his thoughts.



"Well, she’s been in asking for you. Do you think she’s worth it?"



" No question Clem, I love her just hope she agrees to it,"



" Well, she is a feisty one, she almost knocked Willie out looking for you,"

Spike laughed a deep throaty laugh, which attracted looks from the customers in the pub.



"Yep, that’s true that’s my slayer,"



Chapter 10

Spike sat at the desk, in the hotel room and ticked off the list. Buffy had taken the bait and followed him to London.

Would she, want to stay when she found him?

Spike, drank his blood straight from the bag. Although the hotel manager, never questioned him about the irregular requests.

Buffy sat in the airport lounge, awaiting the flight. She smiled to herself, she knew she was doing the right thing. She didn’t even see Xander, rush through the doors closely followed by Willow.

"I tried to stop him Buffy, really I did," Willow put a hand on her hip.

" Is it true Buffy," Xander chest was heaving from running from the car park.

"Xander…you know I love you as a friend. I have to do this," Buffy grabbed his hand which he threw away.

" You, can’t be serious Buffy, he’s a killer and you have a job to do,"

Buffy frowned, would she ever have his blessing. She looked over to Willow who gave her a sympathetic roll of her eyes.

"Right, that’s it I’ve had enough," Willow grabbed Xander’s jacket and pulled him back. He stumbled and turned around to her.

"Xander, you’ve been my best friend for like…forever. But you will always have a problem, with Buffy loving someone other than you,"

Buffy stared at her best friend, and smiled she really was a clever one.

"Now, I don’t care… she is going to find Spike. And bring him back home, so just get over it,"

Xander was stunned he always thought that, Willow would stick up for him. Maybe he did have a problem with her liking the un-dead. He shrugged his shoulders and sat down.

"I’ve said it before, and I’m gonna say it again. You are a one smart cookie,"

Willow smiled and hugged her friend; they were close but not as much since Oz had left.

The gate opened, in the lounge. Buffy stood up and sighed. Would this work? She had to let Spike know how she felt about him? She said goodbye to her friends and continued down the corridor to the plane. Willow made a silent wish; her friend would be okay.

Spike had continued to make plans, for Buffy’s arrival. No one knew that Spike had saved the money that was left from his mother.



The plane touched down at Heathrow Airport and Buffy un-buckled her seatbelt. She reached into her bag, and slapped her forehead when she noticed she forgot her weapons, not that she would have got through the customs.





She stood before the doors and suddenly thought "Where, the hell am I gonna stay," she turned around and saw a booth to arrange hotels.

She picked up her bags, and made her way to the door. The sun had started to fall beneath the horizon, causing an amber glow. Buffy loved sunsets, but have didn’t have time to look.

She climbed into the cab, and gave the driver the instructions to the hotel.

Spike, sat in his car the blackened out windows shielding him from the sun. He saw his blond beauty; walk threw the doors hailing a cab.



Buffy sat in her hotel room, she saw Spike in the car behind her. She would recognise that piece of crap anywhere.

She had waited for 3 hours, expecting him to call on her. She gave up, and decided to patrol the streets of London. Spike watched from the alleyway across from the hotel. He had waited there for hours, saw her approach the window. She had finally come out, a while later and walked the streets.

Buffy staked a vampire, which had lurked in the cemetery. It wasn’t the same; she missed patrolling with her friends and then eventually running into the "Big Bad".

"So you are the slayer,"

Buffy turned around to find a group of four vampires. She rolled her eyes and twirled the stake in her fingers.

"Ok, so I guess you are the welcoming squad?"

" In a way…yes. One of our brethren from long ago is back, you might know him William,"

Buffy’s eyes widened when she realised, they were talking about Spike, she, walked closer.

" I know of him, so what," Buffy stuck out her chin for more emphasis.

" You’re gonna help us kill him," One of the vampires, reached out to grab her. She flung out her arm to block his punch. But was stung in the back of her neck by a cattle prod.

" Pick her up boys, William will know that we have her," Two of the vamps picked up the weightless slayer and carry her out of the cemetery.

Spike creeped behind the tree, in just enough time to watch Crispin walk away with the slayer. His demon came forth in anger, and whispered one word.

"Bollocks,"



Chapter 11

Buffy woke up, and scanned her surroundings. "What is it, with vampire’s and their warehouses," She moved her feet.

The lumps on her head now visible. She touched the now prominent lump and scrunched her face in pain.

She tried to pull the shackles, which were attached to her ankles. Even with slayer strength she couldn’t free them.

Spike looked up to the dark black sky, and inhaled. His head darted to his left to a warehouse on the edge of town. He stalked down the street intent on breaking in.

For an old vampire he was still pretty agile, he looked through the skylight to see the slayer shackled to a pillar in the middle of the warehouse, vampires were strategically placed on all exits. This vampire knew he would be followed.



He carefully thought of his plan of action, he knew he wouldn’t get out alive, he needed help. But who would be stupid enough to help him?

" I don’t care, what you say Will I’m going," Xander continued to throw his clothes into a bag.

Willow rolled her eyes and walked to the door, she turned back to face her friend.

" Well, if you’re thinking you’re going on your own. Your wrong buster," She continued up the basement stairs. Xander secretly relieved that his best friend would be coming with him.


Spike continued to walk the streets of London, trying to think of whom he could call. The smell of fear reached his nostrils, he turned his head to look down the dark and dank alleyway.

His duster billowed behind him, his black scuffed boots echoing the alley. The smell drew him nearer to his target. He could a faint heartbeat, and a very strong one.

He rounded the corner; he couldn’t believe his eyes. On the floor was Willow unconscious, a vampire had Xander backed onto the wall, his fangs now elongated in the moonlight.

Spike smirked this was gonna be fun, he waited to see how far this vampire would go.

" So, you’re American, you smell of burgers," The vampire licked his lips.

" How dare you say that, I brushed my teeth this morning…but uh forgot to shower," Xander stared into the yellow eyes of his predator.

" Well…look what we have here,"

He released the chokehold he had on Xander’s throat, when he heard the other person in the alleyway.

Xander blinked at the familiar sound of dead boy’s voice. " Spike," he squeaked.

The vampire’s eyes grew wide, he walked over to Spike, " My god, your Spike you’re a legend over here,"

Spike grinned; this guy really was a fool. Willow slowly opened her eyes, and focused on the alley floor, spotting a familiar pair of boots.

"Yeah…that’s me mate, glad to see my reputation proceeds me," Spike pulled out a cigarette and placed it between his lips. The lighter shone in the dark alley, lighting Spike’s demon face.

Spike put the lighter back in his pocket, and reached for his stake. With quick lightning speed he dove it straight through the vampire’s chest, his body exploding in a cloud of dust.

" Spike,"

He looked up to see Xander rubbing his throat; Willow was now sat up against the wall.

" Whelp, are you completely deranged. Or are you asking for trouble,"

"What…I can handle myself,"

" Oh yeah, I can see that almost being turned and all," Spike inhaled the smoke and blew through his nose.

"Guys," Both Xander and Spike looked towards the outburst, to see Willow tapping her foot on the floor impatiently.

" Spike, where’s Buffy,"

" Ah…glad you asked it seems the slayer got herself kidnapped,"



Chapter 12

Xander slapped his forehead, as Willow paced the alleyway. Spike stood and waited, he threw the cigarette butt on the floor and crushed it under his boot.

"And where, pray tell was the Big Bad?"

Spike looked over at Xander and growled, His yellow eyes burning in the dark.

"Okay…don’t get all grrr," Xander held his hands up in defeat. Willow stepped in between the both of them a hand on each of their chests.

" God, why don’t you two grow up. We need to find Buffy,"

Xander and Spike looked sheepishly at each other. Willow straightened her shoulders and leaned against the wall.

" So, do we know anything about her kidnappers,"

Spike sighed and told the story of how he met Crispin, Willow and Xander listened with interest.

"So. That’s why he’s pissed," Spike threw his cigarette butt to the floor, he looked up and saw the look on the scoobie’s faces.

Willow coughed and rubbed her jaw.

"So, how do we get Buffy back," Spike smiled and leaned forward.

" Well, we have to make Crispin think you’re vampires,"

Xander eyes opened wide in horror, he held up his hands.

" Hell, no I’m not becoming a vampire especially in a vampire’s layer," He folded his arms across his chest.

"God, where’s your stones,"

"Stones, what’s those," Willow looked confused and then shook her head.

Spike rolled his eyes towards the heavens " How the hell did the slayer stay friends with these idiot’s for so long" he thought.

"Never mind, I’m in anything for Buffy,"

Spike clapped his hands together and rubbed them, His smile evident in the dark night.

"Okay, we need a plan," Spike paced the alleyway, these teenagers wouldn’t be enough who else would help.

"I need to make a phonecall," Spike turned round and started to walk away from them.

" Uh Spike, we brought someone with us, We figured we needed help," Willow walked in front of the vampire.

"Who is it?" Spike looked over Willow’s shoulder and spotted a dark haired girl.

"This is faith, another slayer," The girl walked towards the trio with an air of ignorance that matched Spike’s.

"So, this is the famous Faith," She lifted her eyebrow and smirked.

"And you’re a vampire,"

"Oh, she’s good,"

Willow and Xander looked at each other; Vampire’s and Slayers just didn’t get on.

" Can we please, leave this till later Buffy’s in trouble," Willow raised her voice.

"Ok, right let’s get started," Spike turned and strode through the alleyway his coat billowing behind him.



Chapter 13

Faith stood with her back against the wall, She looked over to her left and caught Xander. The determination on his face was enough; Willow held a crossbow in her hands.

Spike leaned down and crawled over the south side of the building, His coat billowing in the dark night air. He looked through the skylight and saw Buffy sitting cross-legged on the floor.

His eyes flashed yellow, and he broke threw the glass to land on his feet. Vampires were quick to respond, Spike was ready in a spin to his left he dusted the first vamp that advanced him.

Buffy pulled on her chains, she looked up to see a vampire run towards Spike, with her foot raised the vampire tripped over to land on his face.

"Stupid vampire," she muttered under her breath. Spike swung the sword that was harnessed beneath his belt to break the chains. The door swung open, and Willow, Xander and Faith charged into the warehouse.

Willow looked left and right suddenly scared, she hit one of the vamps in the back with an arrow. He dusted in front of Xander.

A fight ensued with vampires and the scoobies, Crispin watched from the first balcony a smile fixed on his demon features.

Faith thrust the stake into the vampire’s chest and sighed. "I love being a slayer," she smiled and brushed the dust of her jacket.

" Hey B, how’s it going," Buffy looked up relief washed over her face.

Buffy’s mouth opened to speak, but she turned around when she felt an extra person in the room.

"Well done, Spike I honestly didn’t think you had it you," Crispin paced in front of the group.

"Crispin, you’re an idiot. You would never kill the slayer not with me here," Spike stood menacingly in front of Buffy.

" Dru was right, you are soft for her," Spike vamped out in anger.

" Shut up, you just shut up,"

Buffy placed a hand on his shoulder, and stared at him her green eyes imploring him.

Spike retreated to his human guise, and nodded reluctantly.

" I don’t know what history you have with Spike, but it’s finished," Cripsin placed his hands on his hips and smirked.

Buffy and Crispin advanced each other, each reproachful in their attack. Spike stood and waited, he wanted to wipe the smirk off his face.

The vampire and the slayer traded blows, each matching the ferocity of each punch. Buffy fell to the floor and shook her head, to shake the dullness she felt.

"Get up slayer," Crispin looked over to Spike and the others. His guard down, Buffy took that moment to swing her leg, knocking him to the floor. His eyes flashed yellow in anger, and stood up.

His hand raised, he advanced forward. His fist connected to Buff’s jaw knocking her back. Spike couldn’t hold any longer, he rushed forward to kick Crispin in the back.

He fell forward and Spike sunk to his knee’s waiting for the pain to spark in his brain.

Nothing came; he looked up towards Buffy who opened her eyes. He smiled and raised himself to stand.

"Slayer, I do believe this is my fight," Spike lowered his hands and threw out the bottom of his duster for emphasis.

Buffy walked back, never taking her eyes off the two vampires. Both vampires merged into their vampire counterparts, and the dance began.

Spike proceeded to walk, around never taking his eyes off his opponent. The growl that emanated from his chest vibrated in the empty warehouse. Buffy, Xander, Willow and Faith stood there and watched "William The Bloody" in all his glory.

Crispin handed out a few punches to Spike’s jaw, which in returned just laughed.

Spike kicked him in the stomach, and flew a few feet back crashing against a pillar. He stealthily walked over to his victim, and stood in front of him.

He pulled him, by his collar so that they were both level.

"You know, I would really love to finish this little dance," Spike raised his scarred eyebrow and smiled.

"But, I’m bored of kicking your ass," Spike pushed him backwards where the wood that was protruding from the pillar stuck through his chest, stopping inches from Spike’s own chest.

Spike wiped his hands on his jeans, as the dust evaporated all around him.

"Okay, what’s say we go get a drink," Her turned to his audience and grabbed the slayer’s hand leading out of the warehouse.

Epilogue





The lights dimmed, couples flocked to the dancefloor. The sensual beat echoing through the Bronze. Willow sat with her drink; she looked up to see Xander dancing with Anya. He didn’t say anything after the trip to London.

The jibes still continued with Spike, but there was something different. They didn’t respect each other, but they did get along for Buffy’s sake. Xander did try, and talk Buffy out of the situation with Spike. Faith had dragged him away and got him drunk, where Spike had to rescue him from getting pummelled by a gang of Grelock demons.

Faith had disappeared yet again, leaving just the one slayer in Sunnydale. Willow looked up from her drink, to see Buffy walk through the door.

Buffy sat down, while Xander and Anya joined them. Buffy’s eyes darted around looking Spike.

" So what time is dead boy coming?" Xander popped a pretzel in his mouth.

" Oh, are you being stood up because that’s very unfortunate," Anya continued to hold on to Xander upper arm.

Buffy stared at them; maybe she was being stood up? She stood up and sighed.

" Anyone wanna dance? Willow?" her friend nodded they hadn’t hung out like this for a while.

They both walked out to the dancefloor, the beat picked up and Buffy let herself go.

Her hands raised above her head, she closed her eyes. Strong hands enveloped her waist pulling her flush against a strong chest.

A smile curved on her lips, and she ground her hips backward against her admirer’s crotch.

"Slayer, you keep doing that and I think were gonna have to take you somewhere," Spike leant down and kissed the side of her neck.

She turned around, and kissed him soundly on the lips. her hand lowered to his belt fingering his buckle. He sucked in his breath and his blue eyes now growing cloudy with lust.

"You know, I know a very intimate alleyway," Her eyes danced as she led Spike by the hand.



~The End ~