Chapter Sixteen by Megan

Huge shocked mahogany eyes swept from the amused face of his most hated demon to the hard protruding nipples of the Slayer behind him.

“Buffy?” he directed at her chest. “Is that you?”

Not so long ago such blatant ogling from Xander would have wigged her out completely, but since partaking of the Sex Olympics with Spike and winning, Buffy felt a small measure of pride.

“Not so much concentrated in my boobies, Xan. Might want to notice the rest of me,” she quipped, holding hard onto the grin that was dying to burst forth.

He looked up, saw the flushed freshly sexed face of his best friend, and screamed. It set off snarling from two quarters, but only one of them was held back by Buffy’s hand.

“Beauty, stop that.” Buffy pouted, rubbing Spike’s back and hoping he’d get rid of the bumpies before Xander did something so humiliating that he could never look her in the face again. Not that staring blatantly at her breasts was a good alternative. Though she secretly loved the reaction from Spike at her being admired by another male. She’d think about that little fact further some other time when she could indulge the fantasies she didn’t believe would ever be her reality.

“B-Buffy? You know you’re standing next to Spike, right? The Spike that kidnapped me and Willow and held a broken bottle to her face?” Xander watched as Buffy aimed a fierce yet indulgent look at Spike, and then almost fainted at the return repentant hangdog expression. As Buffy placed her arm around Spike’s waist and gave him a gentle squeeze, Xander wondered if he’d stepped into some alternate universe and that he was really still driving happily along on his road trip instead of being broken down and nada with the funds and now apparently at the mercy of the weirdest sight he’d ever seen.

“Yup,” she confirmed his worst suspicions and Xander collapsed on the dirt, yelping back to his feet as the feral little doggie went for a mouthful of his leg.

A piercing whistle called the dog back and Xander attempted to relax slightly. His mouth opened, about to say something when he realised he had no idea what. No words could adequately cover this moment and he found he’d rather hike back to the main road and take his chances on burly truck drivers and amorous demon women. He left his mouth hanging open, pointing behind him down the farm drive, pointing back at Buffy and then Spike, again to the road and then himself.

And then he eeped like Willow and fainted.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

It’s funny how little she’d really thought of home since Spike had taken her away from Sunnydale. How little she’d even thought of her friends. She’d made one phone call to her mom to let her know she was fine, and they’d joked about Spike kidnapping her and how it had ended up a massive failure, just like she should have predicted all along. Her mom accepted that after losing Angel—though that pain was quickly receding—and destroying her school in another bid to save the world, a little vacation was really not unexpected or intolerable. That conversation had left Buffy buzzed and eager to wrap herself in Spike’s arms and stay incognito until she couldn’t hide any longer.

The face of her wake-up call was just beginning to reanimate and Buffy felt a shiver of anxiety. This was the big test—a test she’d never even thought would be necessary as Spike dumped her on the side of the road and moved on. She’d refused to even contemplate what came next after they left this idyllic escape behind. Refused to dwell on the fact that her heart ached less for the loss of Angel but for the not quite having of Spike. Because once they drove on out—where did that leave her?

Buffy shoved the thoughts to the back of her mind, determined that Xander or no, she wasn’t going to lose any of the time she still had with Spike worrying about how her friend was going to take it. She’d seen him with bug ladies, resurrected mummies and an ex-vengeance demon. He so had no room to complain. If she wanted to make whoopee and fight demons with the undead, then who was he to stop her? To judge her?

Feeling much more confident, Buffy sought out Spike and almost melted at the insecure look he tried to hide behind an irritated smirk.

“Oh.” It was squeezed from her lips like a ghost-like whisper and Buffy finally had that tiny crumb she’d prayed for but never believed God would deliver. If he felt insecure about Xander’s presence, then that had to mean he was worried. And if he was worried, then perhaps it meant that he wasn’t ready to lose her. And if he wasn’t ready to lose her, then just maybe he wanted more than what they had and wouldn’t be on the first highway back to Drusilla, the Loon Queen and head of the Dust Spike Now squad.

Barely even realising that she’d moved, Buffy found herself in front of Spike, his suddenly bare expression of fear making her heart ache. She had no words, still lacking the confidence to verbalise her feelings, but she knew she was still good with the kissage. Staring straight into gleaming blue until the last moment, Buffy hoped that he got what she needed him to know. Her friend was here, yeah, but that didn’t mean she was ready to jump the first Xander-shaped escape route and hightail it home. Her arms curling around his neck, Buffy moved slowly closer until her lips just brushed against Spike’s and stayed. She relished the softness that barely moving allowed and felt a moan barrel its way up from somewhere deep and explode into his mouth. And then the need to taste him was overwhelming and Buffy opened her lips and allowed Spike to kiss her.

Slow leisurely strokes of his tongue had Buffy halfway to stripping him of his shirt, her fists tangled in the fabric and knuckles brushing against his skin as he buried his hands down the back of her shorts. Spike dug his fingers into her soft cheeks and dragged her against his hardness, then groaned as Buffy lifted a leg and curled herself around him. His cock settled into the niche between her legs and he wanted nothing better than to rip off the shorts—and this time they could bloody well stay off!—and fuck her until her friend’s arrival was a distant memory. He’d just managed to strip off her still damp shirt, almost purring as he dived into sucking her pert nipples and slipping his hand down the front of her pants, when a choked cry of alarm sounded out in the room. Fingers slipping into hot wet pussy convinced him to ignore it and he sucked voraciously, his teeth scraping over the hardened nubs as his finger found her clit and worked it over till he could feel it throbbing.

“For the love of God,” the boy shouted and Spike broke free of his tantalising snack and snarled in full demon fury.

“Oh God,” Buffy sobbed, now so thoroughly frustrated from two interrupted attempts to gain release that she took a mouthful of Spike’s neck between her teeth and screamed as she bit him.

“Arrggghhhh,” Spike roared and stared at the git that had taken away his fun. Well, he’d show him his bleeding place in this set up. Making no excuses, Spike picked up Buffy, sent a malevolent glare at Xander and then stalked from the room.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Xander stayed put until he heard the slam of the door somewhere down the hall from where he was and then hesitantly took to his feet. There had to be some kind of explanation to seeing Buffy almost mauled by that creature and her making no effort to fight back. What was he supposed to think? Was Buffy a vampire now?

Buffy had been missing for two days before they’d been warned by Mrs. Summers that racing off after her when they had no idea where she was or why she’d gone was beyond crazy. He could agree with her to an extent. They all knew why she’d left. Angel go bye-bye, so does Buffy, and Xander for one was pretty sick of her hang up. Angel had shown all of them how so wholly unworthy he was of her devotion, so it did nothing but stick in his craw that she’d need time and space away from her friends to cope with this latest development. While the party Xander had been planning might not have been the best idea he’d ever had, he’d thought it would surely be taken in the spirit it was meant. Maybe? But Buffy had left and well, he’d had more than enough of worrying about her mental state at Angel desertion. He’d thought she was intelligent—more than him at least. Wasn’t like Xander was all college bound come the new school year.

When Buffy’s mom had told them all that she’d heard from her wayward child, Xander had frowned then immediately packed up and commenced his road trip—which now had him broken down in Hell. Xander had been more than happy to odd job his way to gas and donuts, but he had an awful suspicion he’d have to sell his soul to get out of this one.

Warily he drifted down the hall, stopping and staring in horror at the door that seemed to bounce in its frame. If he couldn’t hear Buffy moaning in the way that had featured in all his dreams since he’d met her, Xander would have busted in there stakes a blazing.

Then he heard it and tried valiantly not to be sick all over the lovely polished floor boards. It was a good job. He’d have to have a proper look later when he wasn’t hearing “yes, Spike…harder, ugh…right there, gonna come!!” as someone slammed repeatedly against the door. His brain knew that Buffy more than likely now sported a lovely bruise on her rump from the doorhandle, but he was so shutting that visual out.

What could only pass for a vampiric roar of ecstatic happiness and release almost blasted him through the wood and Xander panicked, pivoting too fast and getting his feet caught on the edge of a hall runner and toppling to the floor.

“Ow ow ow,” he whimpered, desperately dragging himself back to the room he’d left before Buffy and Spike came out even less dressed than he’d seen them before.

As he settled back on the comfy couch, Xander could only hope that all that strenuous activity didn’t mean that Spike had worked up an appetite, because he already knew what a nummy treat he’d present. Especially now he was lamo boy with the sprained ankle.

How the hell was he going to get out of here now?

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Buffy had been lost in the feverish need to feel Spike inside her again. Inside her, against her…God, she just needed to feel what only he seemed to deliver. Somewhere quite distant she knew that giving into this wild abandon was no longer possible, but to abort the heady climb to orgasm twice was just beyond cruel and she had no brain cells left to contemplate why she couldn’t have what her body was burning to finish. Want. Take. Have. Those words resonated in some Cave Buffy part of her brain so she didn’t object when Spike took them on the move and relocated them in the bedroom they now more than happily shared.

It took mere seconds for Spike to release his cock from his jeans, slam her back into the closed door and tentatively search out her entrance. His sudden lapse to gentility had no place in this moment and Buffy sank down on him with a huge shudder of relief. As always, his girth stretched her and Buffy felt the delicious ache as she remoulded internally around him. She was so wet that he slipped about easily, his cock wide enough to offer her the best kind of friction. Mouth again at her breasts, Buffy was panting almost immediately. She was so close to the edge, so needy for him that when his fangs sunk into the soft tissue around her nipple, she exploded. Garbled words had been streaming from her mouth the entire time, but as soon as Spike gulped a mouthful of her blood, she splintered around him with shattering intensity.

One final thump against the door and Buffy cradled Spike’s slumped head in her arms. Whatever this was between them, it was deep and meant so much more to her than what it appeared. She knew the nature of this orgasm had been spurred on by the fear of loss—the terror that this was all they had left before Xander burst their bubble, and Buffy just couldn’t stand it. With the prickle of tears in her eyes, Buffy pulled Spike up to meet her gaze, hoping he saw more than the repletion of lust that had them both still gasping for breath.

Half way through their desperate kiss, Buffy remembered what her panic was about and she almost cried.

Down the hall, the looming shadow of life as slayer and daughter and friend.

Xander.

TBC