Author's Chapter Notes:
thanks sooo much for all the great reviews and thanks to the readers too! Much thanks to my wonderful beta who gets my chappies back super fast. Enjoy this chapter!!
BTW: this story is nearing its end
Chapter 21: Problems

The two blondes had been sitting silently for ten minutes before Buffy muttered under her breath. “It’s your fault.”

Spike, hearing this, glanced up from the book in his hands and glared at her. “And how is that?”

“If you hadn’t had to be all ‘let’s get along’ Dawn wouldn’t have gotten this twisted idea to lock us up,” Buffy explained with a huff.

“Right… and how do you know it’s not your bloody fault?” Spike retorted, slamming the book shut. “If you weren’t such a bitch, maybe little sis wouldn’t get it in her head that she had to do somethin’ about it!”

Buffy pressed her lips together, giving Spike a fierce look. “Who gave her that idea, huh?”

Spike’s mouth dropped. “I had nothing to do with soddin’ scheme of hers! All I did was switch places with Xander’s relatives so I’d have a chance to talk to you!”

“Well then,” Buffy snapped, “here’s your chance! Talk!”

Spike exhaled sharply, “Not like this. Not with us yelling our fuckin’ heads off.”

For a moment, Buffy’s face softened. She sat back down in her chair, her feet tucked under her.

“Fine,” Buffy mumbled, her voice considerably quieter.

Spike also returned to his seat and picked up his book. He didn’t say anything, but continued to read.

As long as they remained silent, Buffy assured herself, they could get out without making things worse.

*************************

“Dawn?”

Dawn backed away from the door, a guilty look on her face as Willow approached her.

“Were you listening?” Willow asked, hands on her hips.

Dawn shrugged sheepishly, “Maybe?”

Willow tapped her foot, looking at the brunette teen pointedly.

“Okay!” Dawn confessed, “I was but it’s not like you weren’t thinking of doing the same thing.”

“Well,” Willow started as she pulled Dawn away from the door and led her back down the stairs, “Thinking and doing are two very different things.”

At the bottom of the stairs, Willow grabbed Dawn’s arm, pulling her closer to whisper in her ear. “So, what were they saying?”

Dawn rolled her eyes, but told Willow what she’d heard. “It was quiet at first but then there was some yelling for a few minutes. Now, they’re silent again.”

“Well,” Willow said cheerfully, “That’s good. Right?”

Dawn shrugged. “I guess. It means they aren’t yelling which is a plus, but it also means they aren’t talking which, not so good.”

Willow sighed, dejected. “I just hope they figure something out soon. They still have to get ready, pose for the pictures…” Willow trailed off, staring up at the stairs. “I just want them to be happy,” she said softly.

Dawn gave Willow a small smile. “Me too.”

********************************

“I’m bored.”

Buffy rolled her eyes, not looking up from her cuticles. “Read another book.”

“Can’t. The rest are all in German or some other language,” Spike answered, frowning.

An hour had gone by without any relief and Buffy had to admit she was bored beyond belief which was making her extremely irritable.

“Ugh,” Buffy grumbled, “how long are they going to keep us in here?”

Spike shrugged. “I’m hoping not much longer.”

Buffy sighed loudly, titling her head back to study the ceiling. It was so quiet she swore she could hear Spike breathing, her heart pumping and the faint, muffled voices of the others down the hall.

“Okay!” Buffy blurted out, “we have to do something, anything!”

Spike cocked an eyebrow at her and Buffy huffed, “Like you’re not dying of silence?”

“See, problem is,” Spike said slowly, “you don’t want to talk.”

Buffy gritted her teeth and resisted the urge to smack him. “We don’t have to talk. We can just…I don’t know… play I Spy.”

Spike gave her an incredulous look. “Right and then we can play in a sandbox and eat bugs,” Spike replied sarcastically, putting his hands behind his head and leaning back.

“It was a suggestion,” Buffy answered bitingly. “I don’t like being here as much as you do but at least I’m trying.”

Spike straightened and pointed an accusing finger at her, “You? Trying? You’re fuckin’ hiding behind petty excuses so you don’t have to see things change, people change!”

“Who?” Buffy demanded, “People like you? Spike you haven’t changed a bit since high school.”

Spike stood up, putting his face inches from Buffy’s and tilted his head. “You’d like to think that wouldn’t you, Summers? You’d like to think you can push everything away and ignore the fact that I love you.”

Buffy scoffed, shaking her head. “You don’t love me Spike. You don’t even know me.” She emphasized her point by pushing Spike away from her.

Spike cornered her against the wall. “Really? I don’t know you do I? Then how come I know your favorite color is dark violet, you have a stuffed pig named Mr. Gordo, you like to eat your Oreos dipping them in milk and-“

“That,” Buffy interrupted him, “is all stuff my friends know.”

“Exactly,” Spike relied easily, “We were, at the very least, friends Buffy even if we never admitted it.”

Buffy crossed her arms defiantly; trying to inch away from him but Spike just trapped her, putting his arms on either side of her.

“Hey,” Buffy protested, “let me go.”

“No,” Spike told her, stepping forward so that their chests brushed against each other. “I love you Buffy and I’m not trying to make you mad when I say it, I’m trying to get you-“

Buffy cut him off once again, “To get me? Newsflash Spike: that’s not love, that’s lust and there’s a big difference.”

Spike reached out to brush a strand of hair out her eyes and cupped her face gently.

“Then why,” he murmured, his voice like chocolate-smooth and rich, “can’t I get you out of my head? Ever where I go, I see you. God, I was going bug-shaggin’ crazy in England. Every blonde head I saw, I thought it was you. I dreamed about you every night: dreamed about holding you, about making you laugh, about…” Spike trailed off and looked at Buffy straight in the eye.

“Tell me that doesn’t mean something,” He half-pleaded.

Buffy’s pulse was racing, her breath caught in her throat at his naked words. Did he really…? Could she really…? She had no idea. All she knew was that her defense were rapidly falling and the urge to kiss him was growing stronger.

“You can’t,” Buffy paused, her breath ragged, “You can’t just wake up and start loving someone, Spike.”

“I didn’t,” Spike replied indignantly. “I’ve probably loved since I met you.”

Spike let out a bitter laugh. “Bloody hell, I just pushed it away, but that night…being with you…it made all those feelings come alive again. So if you’re asking when I realized I loved you, then my answer would be after I left Sunnydale. But if you’re asking when I loved you…” He stopped and sighed.
"Maybe that doesn’t count, maybe-“

Buffy grabbed him by the front of his duster, pushing him against the wall, and kissed him hard. Her lips moved eagerly across Spike’s and he responded instantly, a hand on her waist, tugging her closer as the other hand tangled in her hair.

They were kissing with every bit of passion in them, all the desire that had been building since he’d returned, or maybe even before then.

Buffy tugged his jacket off before wrapping her arms around his neck. His words had affected her so strongly, so powerfully. She didn’t think there was anything else she could do but touch him.

Spike divested her of her sweater and pressed kisses down her neck to her bare shoulder.

“Mmm…Spike,” Buffy whispered and he pulled back, confusion marring his features. Buffy just yanked his shirt out of his pants and pulled it off, doing the same to her tank top.

Instantly, Buffy pulled him down for another kiss, pressing their naked upper bodies together, making the blondes shiver in pleasure.

She eagerly explored his muscled chest and Spike’s fingers danced along her ribcage, moving up to her breasts.

At the first touch, Buffy inhaled sharply, the touch sending tingles right down to her core.

“God,” She breathed and her hands quickly trailed down to Spike’s belt, undoing the buckle. Spike hands continued to manipulate her breasts, easing little whimpers out of her.

When he noticed her hot hands unzipping his pants, he proceeded to quickly unbutton Buffy’s pants, letting them slide down her legs. She quickly stepped out of them, standing there in nothing but a little lacy thong.

“Bloody hell, Buffy, you’re gorgeous,” Spike whispered fervently between kisses as she eased his own pants down.

Buffy took him in her hand, sliding it up and down, making him gasp. She swiftly pulled her underwear off before jumping up on Spike, wrapping her legs around his waist.

Their eyes met and she lowered herself on him. They let out a mutual groan and after Buffy adjusted to his girth, she began moving slowly, up and down.

Spike was completely oblivious to the wall digging into his bare back; his eyes were entranced as Buffy rode him, her head titled back in pleasure, little moans coming from her throat.

Buffy ignored the sensation of her legs being squashed between Spike and the wall, and just focused on the feel of him in her, the look of awe on his face.

There were probably a hundred reasons why she shouldn’t be doing this, having sex with Spike against a wall, but right now, she couldn’t care less.

*******************************************

“Omigod, Anya! Wait till you hear about this,” Cordelia announced, bursting into the women’s dressing room where Tara, Hallie and Willow were working on Anya’s hair.

“What?” Anya asked eagerly, trying not to move her head as Hallie ran a straightening iron through it.

Cordelia moved so she was standing in Anya’s line of vision turned to the all the women in the room. “Angel and I were walking up here when we went pass this one room and heard all these sex noises coming from it. You would not believe the decibels that the couple were reaching.”

Anya’s mouth dropped open in shock. “Someone’s having sex here, at my wedding?” she asked horrified. “But I’m the bride! I have the sex today!”

Hallie shrugged, “Some people just gotta do it.”

Anya stood up despite Hallie’s protest that she wasn’t done yet and turned to Cordy. “Which room?” Anya demanded.

“I’ll show you. Come on,” Cordelia told her and turned to open the door.

“Wait,” Willow said, grabbing Anya’s arm. “Which room was it?”

Cordelia paused, frowning. “The one at the end of the hall, why?”

Anya and Willow exchanged looks and Tara looked surprised.

“Um…” Willow began carefully, “I wouldn’t go over there Cordy.”

The brunette shrugged, looking puzzled. “Why not? It’s just some couple…” She trailed off at Willow’s serious expression.
“Okay,” Cordelia crossed her arms, “who’s in there?”

“Um…” Willow bit her lip, not sure how to say it.

“Oh for god’s sake,” Anya huffed, “it’s Buffy and Spike.”

Cordelia blinked and stared at them for a moment before bursting out in laughter. “Omigod, you almost got me there! That would be crazy. Buffy and Spike having sex, that’s like the Easter Bunny and…”

When Willow’s solemn expression didn’t change, Cordelia stopped laughing and her mouth dropped open comically.

“You’re serious,” She said, her voice tinged with disbelief.

Willow made a sympathetic face. “Yep.”

“So Buffy…and Spike are in there…doing…” Cordelia glanced between Willow and the door, unable to finish her sentence.

“Yep.”

Cordelia nodded slowly, “Great.”
There was a pause before she sighed, shaking her head. “Angel’s gonna freak.”