HIDDEN MESSAGES, by BSluver.
Author’s note: Disheartened by the show’s poor treatment of my beloved Spike, I thought I would have to take poor Spike’s fate into my lily-white hands. And there it is, all bundled up, swathed in the spuffiest of nests. For those like me for whom there is no BTVS worth speaking of without Buffy and Spike together, for your pleasure… NB: No Dawn ever existed in this story. NB: I had great fun writing this story, and I hope I managed to convey that fun to you. Let me know.

Type: humour, romance.
Rating: NC-17 my favourite.
Spoilers: Season 6.
Disclaimers: Btvs and all its characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. Although both Spike and Buffy are begging me to adopt them as they’re having so much fun with me.
Distribution: anyone can have it as long as you ask first.


HIDDEN MESSAGES, by BSluver.
PART TWO
Spike understood all that, she had told him it was only temporary and he accepted it. Besides, he loved a dirty little secret just like the next person, and what they’d been doing in the abandoned house, on every available surface at the crypt, in the dark alleyway behind the DMP, well, if that wasn’t a “dirty” little secret, he didn’t know what was.
As the group finally reached the table, Xander was the first to notice Spike’s presence. “Well, if that isn’t Dead Boy Jr here, I guess we’d better find another table…”
“Xander, do you think it’s such a good idea, see there aren’t any other bench seats available big enough for all of us, and no way will Spike drive me away from here, so bleach boy, what d’you think you’re gonna do about it?”
“Well, I ain’t gonna move, if that’s what you’re hinting at, Slayer!”
“And why not?”
“’cos I was there first, that’s why…”
“Spike… All right we’ll just have to … Alex, I don’t suppose you’d sit next to Spike, would you?”
“Hell, no… Not much with the up close and personal with the undead you know.”
“Well, that’s a shame, innit? A good-looking bloke like me you could do much worse… Red, sit by me, I’ll be on my best behaviour, I swear to God…”
“Spike, don’t swear to God, and if you must, remember Tara and I are wiccas, all this is of the disrespectful… swearing to the Goddess… And I can’t sit next to you Spike, I’m with Tara you know”
“So…, you can have your lovebird on one side and me on the other, can’t you?”
“I guess so…”
“Now, I can see the whelp over there sending me clear dead threat messages… No sitting next to you Demon Girl. Shame! We could have been talking about the good old days, bloodshed, mayhem…”
“I know Spike, I’m sorry, gee I wanted to show him a couple of my photo albums last night from when I was you know “practicing” and he flat down refused. You’re about the only person I know who can appreciate a good bloodb…”
“Ahn, remember what we said…”
“All right, I suppose I must keep “quiet” if I want all the orgasms we planned for the evening”.
While all this was going on, Buffy was standing on the side lines, hands firmly planted on her hips, looking disgusted at the whole thing. Only she was not so much disgusted at Spike as at how her Scoobie friends behaved towards him and Xander in particular. However, true to their plan, Buffy launched into a frontal assault of Spike.
“That’s enough, Spike. I suppose I’ll just have to be the one to share the honour of sharing seats with you tonight. Remember, one false move, one word and you’re dust, got it?”
“Got it ma’am, I love it when you get all sergeant-major on me, gotta be confident in your own masculinity to do that… !”
“Spike, I neither need nor want you boasting about your masculinity! Be happy you get out of this alive, er… dead, er…undead, well you know what I mean!”
“Sure do, pet! The word you were looking for was “undamaged” I believe!”
“You got that right, and don’t you forget it!”


TBC