HIDDEN MESSAGES, by BSluver.
Author’s note: Disheartened by the show’s poor treatment of my beloved Spike, I thought I would have to take poor Spike’s fate into my lily-white hands. And there it is, all bundled up, swathed in the spuffiest of nests. For those like me for whom there is no BTVS worth speaking of without Buffy and Spike together, for your pleasure… NB: No Dawn ever existed in this story. NB: I had great fun writing this story, and I hope I managed to convey that fun to you. Let me know.

Type: humour, romance.
Rating: NC-17 my favourite.
Spoilers: Season 6.
Disclaimers: Btvs and all its characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. Although both Spike and Buffy are begging me to adopt them as they’re having so much fun with me.
Distribution: anyone can have it as long as you ask first.


HIDDEN MESSAGES, by BSluver.
PART THREE
“Got it ma’am, I love it when you get all sergeant-major on me, gotta be confident in your own masculinity to do that… !”
“Spike, I neither need nor want you boasting about your masculinity! Be happy you get out of this alive, er… dead, er…undead, well you know what I mean!”
“Sure do, pet! The word you were looking for was “undamaged” I believe!”
“You got that right, and don’t you forget it!”
After some more bickering, the Scoobies with Spike in tow were seated, and ordering drinks and snacks.
“So, that will be a strawberry for Red and Glinda, beers for the Whelp and yours truly, a screwdriver for Demon Girl, and a coke for you luv… Though why you’re sticking to little girls’ drinks is beyond me… You’re all woman to me… You outta spike up your tastes a little…” Spike ended with a leer, his eyes sparkling mischievously.
“I have no intention of spiking up anything of mine, Spike, besides alcohol makes me all cave woman or overly friendly, what … I might even end up being friendly with you…”
“God forbid, pet, we wouldn’t want that, a Slayer crawling up my lap all nice and friendly like… I get shivers in all the ri… wrong places, pet!”
“Enough, Bleached Boy, Buffy doesn’t have to put up with your sorry puns and innuendos.”
“Oy! I may faint, a literary term and a polysyllabic word, there’s hope for the American school system.”
“Alex, I can defend myself!!!”
“Yeah, see there Whelp!!!” Spike responded with a snicker. (A bona-fide Spike snicker: the best, available only in the best corner-shops. Yummy)
“You. Shut. Up.” Interjected Buffy in her best schoolmarmish voice. Spike loved it, she knew. So many private fantasies yet to enact and re-enact and re-enact … Yum.
“Yeah, that will work, pet!” The glimmer in Spike’s eyes sent a jolt of pure desire to Buffy’s already moist center. Gosh, and they’d only been there for about ten minutes. It was with no little apprehension and let’s face it anticipation that she imagined the rest of the evening. How was she going to keep her hands off him when all she wanted to do now was drag him to the ladies and have her wicked way with him, or worse haul him onto the table and ride him for all he was worth, Scoobies and Bronzers be damned, no pun intended.
She couldn’t help but blush at the thought, which didn’t go unnoticed by anyone at the table, four people thinking she was about to dust Spike, while only one knew what it was all about and grinned. She was so exciting, his spitfire of a girl.
Finally Xander left to place the order at the bar. That’s when Spike began his own assault.
With a discreet brushing of her thigh, he drew Buffy’s attention. She raised eyebrows in interrogation when he pointed at her jacket. She understood he wanted her to take it off. Spike had asked Buffy to wear a light jacket tonight, he hadn’t told her why but she knew to expect something. What to expect? She hadn’t guessed yet but it shouldn’t be long if his smirk was anything to go by.
Dutifully Buffy proclaimed to the world that she was decidedly hot and she should get rid of an extra layer of clothing, which she did… But the space was confined and she did have to prod her elbow into Spike’s chest, “Sorry”
“No harm done.” No, really no harm done that he could see. Except perhaps for the growing bulge in his jeans he had been sporting since she had entered the room, and for the unlife of him he couldn’t call that harm. Thank Satan for dusters though!
Once divested, the jacket found its logical place across Buffy’s lap and the barely there space between her and her obnoxious if terribly sexy right-hand neighbour.
That was when Xander chose to return with everybody’s drinks and dips.
Everyone was drinking and munching away happily, chatting and teasing. Buffy’s excitement had by now returned to a safer level. Spike was being very good, and it only meant two things, a) he was not interested (impossible! Thought impish Buffy; doesn’t he find me attractive anymore! Retorted angelic Buffy.) or b) he had something up his sleeve… Which considering his duster and the permanent lopsided grin on his face was the only acceptable alternative.

TBC