Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Tasha.
February 10, 1999 Monday

After the revealing talk about Spike with Willow and Oz the night before, Buffy was more than ready to confront the next Scooby on her list. The Slayer's next target was going to be Cordelia Chase.

Buffy recalled how the dark haired girl had teased her the week before about the peroxide blond vampire. Cordelia appeared not to hold a grudge against him for the kidnapping of Xander and Willow, even though she and Oz had caught the other two teenagers smooching. During third period study hall, Buffy slid into the desk next to Cordelia.

"Hey, Cordy. Where's Willow and Faith?" Buffy asked. She settled herself in the chair, and she fiddled with her bracelet. She touched each charm as she remembered each accompanying gift.

"Off doing an errand for Mrs. Butler," Cordelia replied. "You rushed off so fast the other night you missed finding out about Doyle."

"Watcha mean?" Buffy's curiosity was definitely piqued. She knew that Cordelia and Doyle were hitting it off, and she hoped it would work out for the two. After the breakup with Xander, Buffy noticed that Cordelia had been almost vengeful towards the male teenager. So, it really came as no surprise that the girl, Anya Jenkins, claimed to be a vengeance demon that lost her powers because of Giles in another dimension. That Cordelia blamed the breakup on her unsettled Buffy so badly that she had gone to talk to the other teenager. As the two girls talked about their breakups, a tentative truce was forged that had only strengthened into real friendship in the past week.

Cordelia looked around to ensure there weren't any eavesdroppers nearby before she told Buffy the news. "Well, we got to talking about Angel and what he is. Then Oz told Doyle about his you-know-what."

Buffy arched an eyebrow. "How did Doyle react?" She knew that Doyle had discussed business several times with Angel. However, she also knew from expereince just how much the vampire loved being cryptic.

"Actually, he was totally cool with it. It turns out he's half demon himself," Cordelia answered. She carefully watched Buffy's face to guage the other girl's reaction. Cordelia was happy to see that Buffy didn't 'wig out', and she appeared pretty cool with the idea.

"Wow, didn't see that coming. Are you okay with it, Cordy?" Buffy was quickly learning that not all demons were bad. Her experiences with Oz, and a few harmless demons around Sunnydale, contributed to those thoughts. Wesley wasn't happy with her theories, but he hadn't forced the issue with her yet.

"It makes fitting into the group a bit easier. Everyone in the group is either supernatural or dates the supernatural themselves," Cordelia whispered. She felt a little bit nervous about talking in the middle of a group of others who didn't know about Sunnydale's issues. She decided to change the subject with her next question. "How's that secret admirer thing going for you?"

"Great. It's been so romantic," Buffy murmured dreamily. Her eyes got a faraway look to them. "I wonder who it is."

"Who do you hope it is?" Cordelia asked.

Buffy opened her eyes wide in apparent innocence, "What if I told you I hope it's a relative of Angel's?"

Cordelia gasped, "You know I was only teasing you last week, don't you?"

"Yes, I know that." Buffy rolled her eyes in mock exasperation, and then she grinned at Cordelia. "Would you be wigged if it was him?"

"Maybe a little. Although, if it is him, I have to say the vamp's got taste," Cordelia assured Buffy when she indicated Buffy's bracelet and earrings.

"Well since I can't eliminate him, let's see who else I can from my list instead. I have the perfect cantidate. He is old, not my type, and in my opinion, evil." Buffy pulled a piece of paper out of her pocket. She had ripped the list of the notebook the night before. Buffy pointed out a name on the list to Cordelia.

"Quentin Travers? Why does that name sound familiar?" Cordelia muttered to herself. She noticed Buffy's grimace at the name, and she put two and two together. Cordelia shuddered when she remembered the arrogant Head Watcher who had visited Sunnydale the month before for Buffy's birthday.

Willow and Faith returned to the classroom bearing news that they heard the school secretary signed on the delivery of Buffy's next gift. The gift was to be waiting for her at the start of her next class. The four friends spent the remainder of the time speculating what the present was going to be this time.

Buffy rushed to her next class, eager to discover what her next gift was going to be. She smiled brightly when she spied the now very familiar black envelope on her desk. Buffy slipped into her chair. She grabbed the note up, and she ripped it open.

When the charm, in the shape of a pair of ice skates, fell out into the palm of Buffy's hand, she began to feel nostalgic. Buffy remembered how much she had loved skating as a child. The most pleasurable part of the memory was how gliding over the ice had made her feel free. Buffy thought about the last time she had been skating. Between the interruption by Spike's assassin, and the awkwardness of her vampiric companion, the day hadn't gone exactly as planned.

Buffy pulled two pieces of paper from the envelope. She glanced at the first, and she saw it was a coupon to the local skating rink dated for that day. Oh fun! Now how to convince Wesley it's Slayer business and get out of his boring training. The note was on the same black paper as before with the same blood red lettering.

You move like an angel and tempt me like the devil. You dance and fight with such grace. The rink is all yours. Nothing will get in the way this time. Your secret admirer.

Later, as Buffy glided across the ice, she felt the same presence that shadowed her at the mall. This feeling, coupled with the overwhelming feeling of freedom, caused the Slayer to show off just a little. The more she skated, the more her body and mind recalled the feel of the ice beneath her feet. Soon she was completing more and more complex spins. At long last she moved to the side of the rink tired, but her face was agolw from her exertion.

"Why don't you come out and dance with me?" Buffy whispered. Even though her Slayer senses weren't registering it, Buffy had a feeling that her secret admirer was able to hear her whispered words.

"I have, luv, and they were the best nights of my life," The secret admirer whispered back to himself.