Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Tasha for being my beta. Getting closer to the big day.
February 11, 1999 Tuesday.

Buffy hated Tuesdays with every fiber of her being. Bad things always happened on Tuesdays, and this one was turning out to be a big, fat doozy.

Buffy broke a nail and snagged her last pair of nylons while getting dressed. During breakfast, she accidently knocked her cereal and milk into her lap, which caused the Slayer to have to go upstairs to change her clothes. On the walk to school, she tripped over an uneven sidewalk, and she broke the heel off of her favorite pair of boots. Once Buffy got to school, she dropped by the library to pick up her workout shoes. She was immediately trapped there by Wesley, and she didn't escape until Giles told the younger Watcher to leave 'the poor girl alone'.

Once Buffy got to class her luck wasn't any better. During first period, she accidently broke all of her pencils. She had to borrow one from Willow after promising she would be more careful. During second period she knocked over a beaker of acid. Fortunately the only casualty was the science room counter. Third period was a no-go when Buffy accidently used her Slayer power on her stubborn locker. After it broke, she had to wait for the janitor to come repair it.

Fourth period was better. Buffy didn't break anything, knock anything over or spill anything. She sat quietly at her desk, and she looked at no one. She felt that if she didn't speak to anyone, and didn't look at them either, maybe nothing else would happen that day.

However, on the mad dash across the school for fifth period, the gang ran into Scott Hope. More specifically, Buffy ran into the boy. She felt bad about knocking him down. When she tried to apologize to him, he wasn't as gracious about it as Jonathan had been several days before.

"I see you're still too distracted, Buffy. You really should watch where you're going," Scott replied. He ignored both Buffy's apology and her helpful hand. Scott heaved himself up off the floor, and he returned to his group of friends where he laughingly told them that Buffy was nothing but a klutz.

Buffy's feelings were hurt. She hadn't knocked Scott down on purpose, and she did try to apologize. Tears filled her eyes before she was able to stop them from forming.

"Are you okay, B?" Faith quickly went to Buffy's side, and she flung her arm over the other Slayer's shoulders. "I can go thump him for you."

Buffy rubbed the tears from her eyes and leaned into Faith's shoulder. "I'm okay. I just hate it when I turn into Danger-prone Daphne. My secret admirer said I'm graceful, but today I feel like a clumsy idiot."

"Well, we are the Scoobies, 'Daphne'," Xander snarked. He put his arm around Buffy, too. "It just makes you fit in better with us all. Besides, unlike Daphne who is always being rescued by the gang, it's you who does all the rescuing."

"You're just having a bad day, Buffy. We all have them. It's bound to get better. Look on the bright side, we can take that nasty Scott off your list now." Willow consoled the Slayer. "Just think, when we get to class there should be a gift waiting for you."

Buffy looked at Willow. A smile appeared on the Slayer's face that looked like the sun breaking through a cloudy day. She eagerly nodded, and she pulled away from her friends. Buffy hurried down the hall towards the classroom. So, she totally missed the smirks her friends gave each other.

Buffy slipped into her seat. Her hand automatically reached out to caress the large package as she waited for her friends to get seated. When they were all settled, she picked up the gift, and she ripped the paper off. Inside was a toy drum. Buffy tilted her head to study the drum.

"What an odd present," Willow commented, "Read the note, Buffy."

Buffy grabbed the black envelope, and she quickly tore it open. She smiled slightly when she held the tiny drum charm up for the others to see. Buffy read the note aloud to her rapt audience.

My Little Drummer Girl. You are Hell on the old skins. Your secret admirer.

"What an odd note," Xander muttered. His attention turned quickly to Buffy as she made some sort of snorting and coughing noise. "Are you okay, Buffy?"

"Water fountain." Buffy continued to cough. She jumped to her feet. When the teacher waved her out of the room, she fled to the water fountian down the hall. Buffy took several big gulps of water as she tried to compose herself.

What the heck is he doing? Does he want me to figure it out early? Is he hoping if I figure it out now I won't give him a smackdown later? Buffy asked herself as she walked back towards the class. She was almost to the classroom when she heard Willow whispering.

"What is he doing? That wasn't what we told him to send her today. If he messes this up, Mrs. Summers will take that axe to his head again."

"He'd better not screw it up because it is taking me a lot to stomach the thought of the two of them together," Xander whispered.

"You promised, Xander," Willow started to scold Xander.

Xander held up his hand towards Willow. "I know, and I'm keeping my promise. If she wants him, I won't fight it."

"Shh, she's coming back," Cordelia whispered, and it cut off any more discussion amongst them.

Buffy giggled quietly before she composed herself to enter the classroom. It seemed her suspicions were right on the money. Now all she had to do was get spoken approval from Faith and Xander. From what was being said, Buffy somehow thought that wouldn't be a problem. She slipped into her chair again, and she sat there in quiet contemplation until the end of the class. The bell for lunch rang, and Buffy found herself pulling Faith and Xander aside to speak to them.

"So B, what got you all hot and bothered about your present toda? Did you figure out who your admirer is?" Faith asked. She had a grin firmly planted on her face. Faith grabbed Xander's hand, and she leaned into his shoulder.

"Maybe," Buffy said mysteriously. She was happy to see the two brunettes getting along better and better every day. "So, guys ... if my secret admirer turned out to be kinda not human, how upset would you both be?"

"As long as he makes you happy, Buffy, I don't care if it's Spike," Xander answered. He received an elbow in the ribs from Faith.

"As long as whoever it is doesn't hurt you, I'm down with it," Faith added her thoughts to her boyfriend's outburst.

"Thank you both." Buffy turned and walked away with a smile on her face.