Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring. ~Oscar Wilde


“Is there anything else you need to tell me?” Buffy asked dryly after Spike relayed to her how Faith must have planned the whole thing after he’d run into her at the club. He figured she probably formulated to incriminate him that night after he’d told her that Buffy was out of town.

Spike looked at her from the other side of the couch, “No, why?”

“You sure?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Because it seems that night has done nothing but catch up with both of us.”

He smiled, “It does seem that way, doesn’t it?”

Buffy nodded and scooted over to him. Leaning into his side, she wrapped her arms around his middle and rested her head on his shoulder. “Why does everyone seem to be after us?”

“Well, not everyone is. Randy isn’t.”

“Willow either, but they are our friends. What about Xander?”

Spike shook his head, “He’s not my friend. Not after what he tried to do.”

“I’m glad you said that honey,” Buffy said, patting his belly lightly. “I really didn’t want to be that girlfriend that told you you couldn’t hang out with him anymore.”

Spike laughed and snuggled her close. “I was a mess last night,” he confessed. “I couldn’t sleep for the longest time.”

“I was out like a light,” Buffy told him matter-of-factly.

“That was kind of… ouch.”

“Well, that was after I balled my eyes out for a half an hour.”

“Oh, baby…”

“It was a trying day, Spike. I don’t ever want to have to go through that again.”

“You know we probably will.”

“Yeah, I know, but not about the same exact crap. At least I hope not. Willow told I’m not allowed to fight like a woman.”

Spike laughed again. “I’m going to play the safe card and pretend I don’t know what that means. So, why don’t you enlighten me, luv?”

Buffy pinched him. “It means, smart ass, that I’m not allowed to keep bringing up the same old crap, and I’m not allowed to bring in crap from months and months ago in an argument we’re having at the present day. No dragging stuff up from the past.”

“I think that’s a novel idea.”

“Yeah, it sounds really good in theory.”

“Only in theory?”

“Well, I don’t want to do that stuff either, but it is inevitable. Just like us arguing is inevitable. It’s just bound to happen.”

“And we work through it, the way we did today.”

“Right; and we talk about what’s bothering us before it gets out of hand.”

“Exactly; pet, I meant what I said. I know my past isn’t just going to go away. And I know you’ll wonder.”

“Yeah, but—“

“I just want you to know that I understand, is all. It doesn’t mean I particularly like it, but I also know there’s nothing I can do about it.”

“You have done a lot of things regarding the past, Spike. You’re right that it’s not wiped out, but what you’ve done since we’ve been together hasn’t been anything but honest and open with me. I will try better to remember that and not jump to conclusions because of my own insecurities and jealousy.”

“Insecurity, you say?”

“Yeah, you know, with the not feeling…Spike, you dated models and singers and actresses—“

“And you’re smarter than all of them combined.”

“Oh, come on. Statistically speaking not all of them could have been dumb.”

He pulled back to look her in the face. “Buffy Summers, you have done nothing but tell me up and down and all around how indeed all of them were incredibly dumb. Now you’re taking it back?”

“That would be where the jealousy comes in.”

“I see. You know you have nothing to worry about?”

“Logically, I do.”

“What can I do to convince you every other way?”

She looked up at him mischievously. “Hmmmm….”

Leering at her, Spike quirked a brow and shifted so that he could drag her on his lap. Without a word, he kissed her soundly until they could no longer breathe. “How’s that?” he asked breathlessly.

“Getting there,” she panted.

“Just ‘getting there’?” he murmured and leaned in, nibbling at her neck.

She clutched at his shoulders, holding onto him as he worked his magic with his mouth.

“You know I love you, right?”

She nodded adamantly.

“Know I’d never give up on you; on us?”

She nodded again.

Sliding a hand up her shirt, he wormed his hand over her bra-covered breasts and cupped his hand over one breast. “Like that?”

“Yes,” she gasped, arching into his touch.

“Want more?”

“Please!”

Chuckling deeply, slunk his hand inside her bra and pinched her nipple before rolling it between his fingers. “This needs to go,” he muttered and before she knew it, her shirt and her bra were off. “Too long without my girl,” he said before taking on breast in his mouth and laving her nipple with his expert tongue. “Sugar…you taste like sugar…” And he moved to the other breast while flicking his thumb slowly over the neglected one.

Buffy’s fingers were in his hair, digging into his scalp, keeping him right where he was. The sensations of his mouth and hands on her breast were causing her to squirm in his lap. Her pussy was wet, real wet; and all she wanted was him inside.

“Spike,” she moaned.

“Tell me.”

“I want …”

“What do you want, baby? Hmmm?”

Feeling a stroke of inspiration, she slid from his lap and knelt before him. He stared down at her, stunned. “Buffy?”

Biting the corner of her bottom lip, she grinned up at him saucily before tugging on his jeans.

“Buffy, you don’t—“

“Shut up.”

“Okay.”

She laughed and he helped her slide his jeans over his slim hips and then completely off. He was hard and leaking pre cum; and she was hungry.

Diving in she licked the mushroom head as if it were sustenance. His head dropped back on the couch and his eyes rolled back. “Fuck.”

“Mmmm…” she moaned, and gobbled him down her throat.

“Oh Christ, Buffy…”

“Talk to me,” she whispered and darted her tongue out, made it into a point, and traced the veins of his cock.

“Fuck…that feels so bloody good,” he groaned.

“Tell me how good. What does it feel like?”

“Heaven; Bliss…Warm, wet…perfect.”

“Mmm…” she moaned again as she took his entire length in her mouth once more and sucked up…down…up…down. And the last time she went down, she went as far as she could and then swallowed.

“Christ!” he shouted and pushed her off him. Grabbing her, he pulled her onto his lap. She straddled him, her still clothed pussy right over his naked, hard and weeping cock. He kissed her voraciously while shifting her onto the couch so she lay down across it. Standing briefly, he whipped off his shirt and then tugged off her pants. Growling, he tore her panties off, and if possible, she became even wetter.

“How’s my delectable little pussy?” he murmured and slid a finger up her slit.

She moaned and then jumped when his finger went over her clit.

He grinned, “Like that?”

She nodded, “Yes, yes.”

Sliding a finger inside her slowly, Spike took up camp between her legs, somehow maneuvering them so that her upper half was almost up on the armrest and he lay down on his belly, putting her legs over his shoulders while he suckled her clit in his mouth and pumped her with his finger.

Now she was really squirming. “Spike…I can’t…”

“Can’t what, baby?”

“I can’t take it…I’m going to…”

“Mmm…” he moaned into her, sending shockwaves through her body as his tongue beat out some kind of pattern on her clit. “I want you too,” he said breathlessly.

Sucking her clit into his mouth hard, Buffy came in a gush and she did not care. That. Was. Bliss.

She clawed at him to come up to her, wanting to feel him against her, wanting to kiss him and taste her own essence, wanting all of him on her. Feeling bold, she took the finger that had been inside her and stuck it in her mouth, moaning and sucking it clean. When she looked up at him, she found his eyes almost black with lust. Growling, he slid his body between her legs and propped one hand near her head, and other at her side.

“Take me home, Buffy,” he whispered.

Feeling she would explode if wasn’t inside her already, she reached between them and grasped his cock, guiding it to her entrance. Sliding inside her, they both moaned at the feeling of utter completion.

“Feels so good, Buffy…Never like this…”

She nodded and met his slow thrust, needing more. She tugged at him. “Harder, Spike, please. Need more…”

“What my girl wants,” he murmured and slammed inside her, causing her to nearly scream, “My girl gets.”

With the angle he was at, he hit her clit every time he slammed inside her, causing her orgasm to build at an increasingly steady pace. Her nails clawed at him, pulling him closer still, pulling him up, up, up. His tempo increased and she met him thrust for thrust, feeling her release upon her.

“My baby gonna come?” he purred in her ear.

“Yes,” she hissed, clawing at his back.

“Come for me, come all over my cock…want to feel it.”

That was all it took, with an explosion of color behind her eyes, she came all over him, her muscles tightening all over. “Spike!”

“God, you’re so tight. Love how you feel on my cock when you come,” he muttered and pounded inside her once, twice, three times, and then he was there, coming inside her hard. “Buffy,” he murmured and collapsed against her, resting his head in the crook of her shoulder.

Wrapping her arms and legs around him, she held him close to her and ran her fingers through the curls in his hair. She let out a contented sigh and her body turned to complete jelly. She tried her best to stifle a yawn, but it was no use. She was exhausted now. Her eyes shut and she had the vague sensation of being lifted. Opening her eyes, she peered up at Spike who was smiling adoringly down at her. He pressed a kiss to her forehead and laid her down on her bed. He crawled in next to her and covered them both up. Brushing his fingers through her hair, he whispered, “Sleep.”

With a smile on her face, Buffy finally got the rest she needed in the arms of the man she loved more than anything.