Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for your reviews and for reading this. I hope to update more often on this fic.
HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA


Act III; Scene II:

Summary: The one in which Spike and Buffy bask in the afterglow of their ‘first time’ together.

Buffy asks Spike to ‘come to her window’!

Dawn is curious as to Buffy’s new status as Spike’s girlfriend and the gang at school react to Spuffy!


Act III; Scene II: ‘Come To My Window’


They strolled up the long brick walkway of the Summers’ home; Spike and Buffy did. Their hands entwined between them; Buffy’s head lay on Spike’s left shoulder.

“My dad set these bricks himself you know,” Buffy murmured softly, her eyes scanned the neatly laid rows of bricks.

“I know,” Spike whispered in reply as he wrapped his arm about Buffy’s shoulder. “I came ‘round right after your Da set the cement for the bricks, Princess. Don’t you remember?”

“That’s right,” Buffy gasped in delight; she pulled away from her lover, briefly to search out something on the end of the walkway, just below the bottom front porch step.

“There,” she squealed gleefully, pointing to what she had been searching for.

Spike smiled widely when he saw what Buffy was pointing at so happily.

‘William and Buffy 4ever’ was etched in the long dried cement in fairly unobvious lettering just below the bottom layer of porch bricks. At the time, years before, Spike and Buffy had secretly sketched these words in the still wet cement that Hank Summers had toiled so laboriously over.

Buffy supposed that her parents had never discovered the secret proclamation that she and her childhood sweetheart had etched in the wet cement. She probably would have been grounded for a year if her daddy had found out they had written these immortal words in his precious home improvement project.

“I bet you forgot about that,” Buffy whispered, her green eyes still focused on the inscription.

“Never forgot it,” Spike mumbled shyly before he pulled Buffy into his arms and kissed her passionately on her pink, kiss-swollen lips.

“Oh, Will,” Buffy panted as she kissed him back. “I can’t believe that you remember all of this. It’s just so…..”

“Romantic?” He paused from the snogging to gaze at her with a raised left brow.

“Romantic,” she sighed dreamily in reply.

Spike pulled his little treasure up so that her luscious lips could meet his once again.

“I hate for this night to end,” he muttered huskily as he kissed Buffy non-stop for what seemed like an hour.

Buffy broke from their passionate kissing to remind him that the ‘night’ was far over and it was now near 2:30 AM the next morning. Buffy was all about practicality at times and now seemed to warrant this.

“Oh,” Spike mumbled between new kisses. “It seems……”

“Come up, tonight, to my window,” Buffy commanded in a voice left near breathless by Spike’s endless kisses.

“What?” He asked a bit confused, yet intrigued at the same time. “How?” He inquired quickly, even as he eyed the old oak tree in front of the Summers’ home. It did grow up, conveniently, to what Spike to be Buffy’s bedroom window on the second floor.

“Make a big deal out of leaving, after I go inside,” Buffy whispered in her best conspiracy tone. “Then park the car around the corner and walk back here,” she continued secretively.

“Climb up the tree,” she pointed at the sturdy oak, “and I’ll leave my window open so…..”

“See you in five minutes,” Spike rasped before claiming her lips with his in one ‘last’ kiss.

Buffy let herself into her silent house; her parents and little sister long asleep hours ago. Ever since she had turned eighteen, officially, Hank and Joyce Summers had let up on their late night watch for her.

‘They’ll have to do it all again over Dawn,’ Buffy thought to herself with a mischievous smirk. She suddenly felt a bit sad knowing that she probably wouldn’t be around to witness this part of the Summers’ home life.

Buffy quietly slipped upstairs and past Dawn’s open bedroom door. As she passed the younger Summers girl’s room, Buffy glanced inside at the sleeping child.

Dawn lay sleeping the sleep of innocents; so sound and secure in the knowledge that she was loved and protected in this house. Buffy crept past Dawn’s room and made it to her own; silently closing the door behind her.

With super speed, Buffy stripped down out of her date clothes and hurried to her private bathroom. She washed her body with a cloth and vanilla soap gel; then brushed her teeth. Then she combed out her golden hair and scurried back into her room. After locking her bedroom door, she sprayed her bare body with her favorite body spray. One she knew Spike would just love on her.

Exactly seven minutes from the time she had slunk into her house to now, a soft, tentative knock came at Buffy’s bedroom window.


‘Come To My Window’ (by Melissa Etheridge)


Come to my window
Crawl inside, wait by the light of the moon
Come to my window
I’ll be home soon

I would dial the numbers
Just to listen to your breath
I would stand inside my hell
And hold the hand of death

(okay, so can’t you just see Spike
Doing this for Buffy?!!)

You don’t know how far I’d go
To ease this precious ache
You don’t know much I’d give
Or how much I can take

Just to reach you
Just to reach you
Oh to reach you

Come to my window
Crawl inside, wait by the light of the moon
Come to my window
I’ll be home soon!


“Come in Spike,” Buffy panted as she lifted her window up from the bottom.

“I thought you’d never ask,” he replied in a husky, need filled voice as he crawled through her window hastily.

“We just need to be really, really quiet,” Buffy whispered anxiously eyeing the alarm clock on her end table. “I’ll set my alarm to wake up both up before Mom and Dad wake up and start their day,” she added somberly.

“If you want me to go,” Spike began even if his heart wasn’t in it.

“No,” Buffy gasped in near shock. “I couldn’t let you go,” she finished shyly.

“Good,” Spike chuckled. He took stock of his girl’s rather naked condition and gently pushed her back to her bed.

“Cos’ I don’t think I could go; even on threat of death from your dad,” she mumbled as he lay her down on the soft bedding.

They made love, quickly, desperately and then fell asleep in each other’s arms.

True to her word, Buffy had locked her bedroom door and set her alarm to wake them before the rest of the house.

Spike groaned in defiance when the little alarm clock went off, but he slipped out of Buffy’s warm bed, just as he should, reluctantly. He quickly dressed while Buffy watched him with a sad little pout on her pretty mouth.

“I wish you didn’t have to go baby,” Buffy whispered sadly.

“Me too,” Spike sighed in reply as he pulled his shirt on and buttoned it up.

“But I don’t think your Dad would take too kindly to me bein’ here; like this. Your mother would probably shoot me,” he added with a wicked smirk.

“Yeah,” Buffy muttered absently. She looked at him, longingly, causing Spike to drop down on the bed next to her once again.

He took her in his arms and nuzzled her soft, warm head with his hungry lips.

“I wish we could be like this, together for always baby,” Spike mumbled against Buffy’s head. “Wakin’ up together and all,” he sighed wistfully.

“Maybe someday,” Buffy murmured lovingly, nuzzling her mouth against his sleek neck.

“I love you Buffy; love you so much,” Spike whispered into her warm little ear.

“I know you do and I love you William,” Buffy responded dreamily. Then…..

“You should go,” Buffy sighed sorrowfully.

“Yeah,” Spike replied quite unconvincingly. He kissed her one last time and slipped out of her bedroom window.


Buffy lay back down in her now lonely bed and cuddled up face into her pillow. It still smelled of Spike; that distinct masculine smell of his that made her crazy wild in lust…..and love.


Spike drove to his house, just after the last new rays of the sunrise broke over Sunnydale. His whole car was permeated with the sweet, seductive aroma of Buffy and it was driving him crazy with lust…..and love.


Buffy stumbled out of her bed, well past 10:00 AM that morning, her head full of pleasant memories of the night before. That and the early morning hours spent in Spike’s strong arms.

She hummed a simple tune as she showered in her favorite vanilla bath gel and shampoo. As she towel dried her damp body, Buffy wondered what Spike was up to, right at that very moment.

Spike Giles, at 10:00 AM that fine morning was still sound asleep. Exhausted, no doubt, from the amazing love making he had done with Buffy the night before…and that early morning!


When Buffy slipped down for breakfast, she noticed that her mother and father were obviously absent. Dawn stood over the stove and appeared to be cooking some kind of pancakes for their breakfast.

“They went to church,” Dawn mumbled, still half-asleep for some reason.

“Oh,” Buffy mumbled in a trance-like daze. She did make it to the fridge to grab a carton of orange juice for her and Dawnie.

“Buff,” Dawn began with shy hesitation, “can I ask you something?”

“Sure Dawnie,” Buffy yawned non-chalantly as she poured the juice into two large tumblers.

“Do you love Spike?” Dawn asked quietly, her blue eyes were focused on the pancakes she had ladled out onto plates for the both of them.

“Yeah,” Buffy replied evenly, “I do believe I love him, Dawn.”


“Okay, that’s of the good,” Dawn sighed in relief, happily pouring massive amounts of syrup over her own pancakes. “I wouldn’t want you to have sex with a guy if you didn’t at least ‘like’ him a lot and…..”

“Dawn!” Buffy gasped in shock as she dropped her fork onto the kitchen floor. “I can’t believe you said that!” She made a quick move to retrieve the fork and avoid the knowing stare of her very young sister.

“Oh, I said it all right,” Dawn giggled mischievously. “I do have ears you know,” she continued with a childish shrug. “I heard you and Spike doing the nasty this morning. Oh, don’t worry, I won’t tell Mom and Dad, promise,” she added before she shoved a mouthful of pancake, butter and syrup into her smirking mouth.

Buffy, for once, was absolutely speechless.


If April is the cruelest month of the year; then Monday is the cruelest day of the week. This was for certain. For students of every grade and workers of every age; Monday was the cruelest day of the week!

Buffy drove her car to school and flounced out of the driver’s seat; her blond hair bouncing with each step she took to her first class.

When she got to her homeroom class, Buffy was not in the least surprised to spy Spike there, waiting for her. That patent sexy smirk of his plastered on his handsome mouth.

“See you in?” Spike asked lazily as he gently played with Buffy’s long blond hair.

“I wouldn’t have it any other way,” Buffy giggled gleefully, taking his hand and pulling him into her homeroom class.


It was Anya Jenkins that was the first to brazenly speak the obvious.

“You are so a couple,” Anya chuckled wickedly, taking Buffy by the arm and pulling her into an empty cafeteria chair at lunch.

“Well, yeah,” Buffy replied a bit sheepishly. “I guess we are and…..”

“Guess you are?” Willow cackled gleefully, flopping down on the seat next to Anya and Buffy.

“You so are a couple; you and Spike!” Willow acknowledged, quite unnecessarily. The red head beamed her approval at Buffy and grinned at Anya.

“Xander will be thrilled,” Anya blurted out as she stole one of Willow’s greasy fries. “He’s begun to think that Riley Finn is a first class prick,” she added before she took a sip of Willow’s soda.

“Yeah,” Willow grunted with a nod of her red head, “Oz says that Spike’s so in love with you that he’s walking around with his head in the clouds,” she explained, again, unnecessarily.

“Oh really?” Buffy asked rather non-chalantly herself, grabbing one of Willow’s community fries and munching it down quickly.

“Really!” Anya and Willow cried in unison.

Buffy spied Spike as he sauntered into the cafeteria, Oz and Doyle in tow behind him.

“Let’s test that,” Buffy whispered secretively, standing up to be noticed and accounted for by her new lover.

Spike wasted no time in strolling straight over to Buffy and taking her in his arms; right there in front of God and the Sunnydale cafeteria crew.

“Missed you,” he whispered sincerely, placing a tender kiss on Buffy’s pink glossed lips.

“Missed you,” she countered coyly, kissing him back affectionately.

The entire mass of patrons in the Sunnydale High School cafeteria were completely silent; for once. Sitting in stunned awe, no doubt, at the life-altering turn of events playing out right before their teenage eyes!


A/N: I hope this chapter was worth the wait. I always thought that ‘Come To My Window’ was a perfect song for Spike and Buffy!

Thanks for reading and please review, spufette.