Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you read and enjoy!

Oh crud! I just realized something...yikes. There is a faux pas in this chapter and I'm going to try and correct it!
Sorry.
HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA


Summary: Buffy faces up to the gossip at school about her new boyfriend. She’s quite a little spitfire, our Buffy when she wants to be!

A hint at a dastardly ‘plot’ between some characters in the story. Will Buffy survive whatever it is these evil menaces are devising???

Buffy has supper with the Giles and some interesting facts come out!


Act III; Scene III: ‘A Devised Dastardly Plot Begins’


“Buffy, I can’t believe it! You’re actually dating Spike Giles!” Cordelia Chase was tugging at Buffy’s slim arm and snapping her gum at the same time.

‘Gee, who knew Cordy could two things at once?’ Buffy thought snarkily. The little blond immediately felt like shit; Cordy was her friend and she shouldn’t be so damned judgemental.

“So Riley was right…right?” Anya chimed in blatantly pulling Cordelia away from Buffy and stepping in between them. “You’ve been getting orgasms from Spike for a while?” Anya grinned wickedly and patted Buffy on the back.

“Yes and no,” Buffy replied non-chalantly as she shrugged her slim shoulders. They were, the three girls, standing in the line at the tennis courts of Sunnydale High. It was fifth period and Buffy, Anya and Cordelia had PE class together.

At the moment, Mrs. Walsh, the PE teacher, was showing the female students how to do a proper overhand serve. Of course sense Buffy was a very adept tennis player; as was Cordelia, they were totally blowing off the instructions and gossiping between themselves.

Right at the moment, Harmony Kendall was snaking her way over to Buffy; her buddy Kendra in tow.

“I can’t believe that you, Buffy Summers, dumped a hottie like Riley Finn for a freak; a complete social retard like Spike Giles!” Harmony cackled much like a banty hen.

“Okay,” Buffy hissed, well past polite patience by this time, “nobody talks about my Spike like that!”

Buffy nearly leapt at Harmony; her pink, well manicured fingernails bared like a momma lion’s claws!

“Well, just maybe Spike treats Buffy right,” Cordelia crowed gleefully as she blocked Buffy’s assault on Harmony. “Maybe he’s the guy that Buffy needs, right Anya?”

“Yeah,” Anya spat as she placed herself between Buffy, Harmony and Cordelia. “Could be that Spike gives Buffy the orgasms she so desperately needs while Riley couldn’t…..”

“Okay,” Buffy sighed after taking a deep, calming breath. “That’s enough dudettes,” she motioned to Cordelia and Anya. The two cheerleaders followed Buffy as she led the way off of the tennis courts.

“Harmony,” Buffy muttered as she turned to the other blond ditz once again. “I wouldn’t be too quick to judge anyone about being a freak, etc. Besides,” Buffy added sarcastically, “you’re not one to talk. Your last nose job and hair bleach job didn’t exactly turn out right. Who’s the freak now?”

Buffy, Cordy and Anya burst into simultaneous laughter and walked off from the unusually speechless Harmony. Kendra, Harmony’s best friend, stifled a smirk behind her hand.

“Are you laughing at me!?!” Harmony shrieked at the tall, lovely Kendra.

“No,” Kendra lied; covering her deep chuckle. “Okay, yeah,” she added quickly. “Your hair does look like real shit, Harmony. Oh, and if I were your folks? I’d ask for a refund on the last nose job…it’s…..”

Too late, Harmony had fled from Kendra after bursting into tears. She rushed off to the gym lockers, intent on blowing off the rest of the day and getting away from her so called friends as soon as possible.

Buffy headed towards her locker after her last class of the day; not too surprised to find Spike waiting for her there. She immediately fell into his welcoming embrace and returned his ardent kiss.

“What’s on for after school then?” Spike asked with a large grin. “How about a little ‘workout’ in the…..”

“Oh You!” Buffy hissed, but she smiled just as wide as Spike did and tousled his perfectly combed back hair. Buffy hadn’t missed Spike’s double innuendo, but that was okay.

Buffy shut her locker and the couple headed out to the courtyard of Sunnydale High School; their arms wrapped about each other. They were so wrapped up in each other, that neither Spike nor Buffy noticed Riley and Harmony watching them.

Riley nearly growled with rage when he saw ‘his’ girl go off with that blond freak. He had run into Harmony Kendall right after the fiasco at the gym field and the poor girl had explained everything that had happened ‘word for word’ by the tennis courts.

To say that Riley was furious would be an understatement and Harmony was smarting from Buffy’s insults.

“Yeah,” Riley muttered under his breath as he tried to ignore Harmony’s pathetic sniffles. “Both of them are gonna’ pay,” he spat in a harsh, unforgiving tone.


Samantha sidled up to Riley; shot a murderous look at Harmony and cooed; “Something wrong Finn?”

‘What the fuck is going on here,’ Samantha asked silently as she glared at the biggest bimbo at Sunnydale. Harmony was a skanky bitch at best and….

“Nothing,” Riley grunted as stormed off from the two females. He never even looked back at the two fuming young women.

“Its that little bitch, Buffy,” Harmony hissed as she wiped her tears from her cheeks. “She’s such a fucking little primma donna!”

‘Like you’re not,’ Sam snorted to herself. The blond next to her was the biggest snob in school.

“Yeah, she’s a fucking bitch all right,” Samantha verbalized. “She needs to be knocked down a dozen pegs or so.”

“Yeah, she does,” Harmony muttered angrily. “You know,” she began carefully. “I think I know just how we could do that Sammy sweetie. Come on,” Harmony hissed as she grabbed Samantha by the arm and dragged her down the hall.

Samantha, confused as she was, couldn’t know that Harmony was in search of one Faith; school skank.


Buffy sat at the Giles’ dining room table, nervously eating her supper and sipping water. As much as she loved Rupert and Jenny Giles, Buffy felt a little ‘odd’ in this big old quiet house.

The Giles were so sophisticated, or so Buffy felt and she seemed out of place here. Even though Spike shot her gleeful, wicked smirks now and then; between bites of his mother’s pot roast.

“I understand that you’ve been accepted at USC Buffy,” Rupert mumbled between bites of his peas. “That’s quite exceptional, eh son?” The older man gave Spike his patent raised brow expression; the one his son had come by naturally.

“Yeah, it’s great dad,” Spike muttered, suddenly at a loss of appetite. Spike was already sensitive about the fact that Buffy might go away to college. His father didn’t need to broadcast it for God sake!

“I’m seriously considering Sunnydale University,” Buffy replied evenly as she asked Jennifer for another roll. “My major would be Liberal Arts and Sunnydale U. is up to snuff in that regard,” she added quickly as she buttered the sesame bun in her hand.

“Yes,” Rupert hummed as he stirred his potatoes on his plate and eyed his only son suspiciously. “It is true,” he continued, “Sunnydale has a good Liberal Arts program and of course, William ‘will’ be going there. Right Will?”

“Yes Dad,” Spike grumbled, “I’m planning on Sunnydale U to start. Their Architectural program is as good as any and we do have the financial situation to think of and…..”

“I think William is brilliant,” Buffy interjected suddenly, quite animated. The girl could barely sit still in her seat and her green eyes lit up as she talked of her boyfriend’s intelligence.

“He’s just incredibly brilliant,” she repeated with a grin at Rupert and Jennifer Giles and a saucy little wink at Spike.

“I think Will could go to any college in the country and he’d be an asset to them,” Buffy continued, merrily licking the gravy from her fork. “Sunnydale U. would be lucky to have him and yes, I’ve made up my mind,” she gushed. “I’m going to Sunnydale too. I wouldn’t want to be too far from Will, would I?”

“No,” Spike’s mother chuckled as she swept the bowl of potatoes up from the table and ladled a spoonful onto her plate. “I imagine you wouldn’t want to be too far from William,” Jenny finished with a knowing smile at the young woman she was sure would be her future daughter-in-law.


A/N: This was supposed to be a funny, fluffy little chapter to keep things going. However, there is something afoot between Samantha, Faith and Harmony. I’m going to drop a hint: Riley will be getting involved too and the results will be tragic.

Now, I’m probably spoiling this but I do want to relieve any fears about Spike. ‘He’s’ not going to do something stupid like hurt Buffy, so don’t worry. This conspiracy of the four idiots is going to be more ominous then causing some jealousy for our couple.

Anyway, thank you for reading and please review. I’m not sure if there will be another chapter of this WIP before I go on vacation.

Thanks,
spuf