Author's Chapter Notes:
Long time, no update. I hope you readers remember this one!
HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA


Act IV Scene I: ‘Ahhh…Young Love’


April had miraculously melted into the beginning of May in Sunnydale, CA.

What a lot of non-Californians (is that a word?) do not understand is that it gets damp and cold in the Golden State. At night the temperatures can drop ten or fifteen degrees easy. So, April can be nice in the day and cold at night, no question.

(I think that’s why Buffy wandered around in cemeteries in a coat and hat sometimes?) Anyway…

Spike and Buffy were going along famously; even if the play rehearsals did throw a monkey wrench or two into their plans together.

It helped that Spike seemed to understand Shakespeare better then most anyone else, including the drama coach, so…..

He naturally helped Buffy study her lines. This worked, most of the time, except when Spike and Buffy’s hormones would kick in and their private rehearsals would be completely forgotten. Instead, the couple would end up making mad, passionate love on the nearest counter; couch or bed they could find.

Ahhh, young love.

Cordelia had been crowned ‘May Queen’ and her boyfriend, Angel had been crowned ‘May King’ at Sunnydale High. It didn’t set too well on Angel however as he felt he looked ridiculous being crowned king; and that fucking crown!

Anya took it all in stride, even if the slighted Miss Jenkins thought that she herself should have snagged the coveted crown. Of course, Xander would have made a wonderful king, or so Anya thought. Xander himself was relieved that he’d been knocked out of the running by Angel, thank the Gods!

Xander Harris had actually survived finals and it looked like he was going to graduate with the rest of the class!

Oz and Willow were still going strong, much to the delight of everyone that knew them. They were an adorable couple, even if Willow stood inches above her boyfriend.

At the moment, Buffy was reading lines with Spike; in her bedroom of her house. The rest of her family was away and…..well, you know teens!


“You’re looking lovely as ever, Lady Anne,” Spike murmured silkily, getting into the evil Richard’s persona.

“You, you are as hideous as the first day I met you, My Lord,” Buffy spat in reply. She was really getting into this Lady Anne stuff, but, the problem was her rehearsal partner.

There was simply nothing evil or wicked or especially hideous about Spike, or William as Buffy had begun to call him again.

Before he could utter another Shakespearean line, Buffy burst out into loud laughter and fell upon her neatly made bed.

“Oh honey,” Buffy giggled uncontrollably, “you’ll never get a letter from Julliard, that’s for sure and…..”

“You wound me baby!” Spike whined unconvincingly, a pout on his handsome mouth.

He had leapt onto Buffy after she had fallen onto her bed. Of course, Spike had no intention of continuing the impromptu rehearsal; he had better things in mind.

“Ahhh, you could care less about acting and you know it,” Buffy chuckled wildly while her lover tickled her mercilessly.

“True,” he sighed dramatically. “I like building things, mostly,” he added with a wicked wink. “I’d rather fuck you though and…..”


“William!” Buffy shrieked in mock horror. “I can’t believe that you called our love making ‘fucking’ and the like. I should throw you out of my bed and my house and…..”

“But you won’t, will you Princess?” Spike purred silkily; his left hand stroked Buffy’s bare arm. This caused goose bumps to form on every part of her naked skin.

“No, I won’t,” Buffy sighed in resignation. “Especially since you fuck better then you act,” she giggled wickedly.

“I’ll show you fucking,” Spike growled huskily as he pounced on Buffy once again.

(Let’s draw the curtains on this young scene of love; just out of respect eh?)


Buffy nearly skipped into school on Tuesday morning; actually happy to be there for once. She was going to meet Willow for first break session and go over their Trig notes together.

Absolutely no one knew Trigonometry like Willow Rosenberg. Besides, Buffy adored her best female friend like there was no tomorrow.

William had put a new spring in Buffy’s step and that much was for sure. He had brought out the old Buffy in so many ways and she could never repay him for that; that was also for sure.

Buffy stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Riley and Faith, their heads together in conversation.

It wasn’t that Buffy gave a rat’s ass about Riley or who he hung out with. Only…..

Willow showed up at that precise moment to bring Buffy out of her thoughts.

“Hey,” Willow squeaked in her special Willow voice.

“What’s up?” The red head asked innocently.

“Nothing,” Buffy mumbled as she tore her gaze from her ex and Jesse’s ex.

‘There’s something not right about this,’ Buffy surmised silently, but she shook off her feelings and turned her attention to her best friend, Willow.

“Buffy,” Willow began timidly. “Oz and I, we did the nasty,” the red-head giggled nervously and focused on her Trig book.

“Oh Wills!” Buffy squealed in delight. “That’s just great! Let’s go to the café and get some junk food that passes for snacks around here,” she squeaked.

Arm-in-arm, the blond and red-head headed the cafeteria; never noticing the smug but jealous glares from Riley and Faith.

“I can’t wait until I….” Faith hissed through clenched teeth.

“Yeah, me neither,” Riley chimed in, maliciously.

“When I get through with Miss stick- up-her-ass,” Riley muttered evilly.

Faith looked up at the tall, hulking jock, “just make sure there’s something left of Buffy when you’re finished,” she growled menacingly.

“Oh, I will,” Riley added smugly. “The question is; will Spike Giles want what’s left of her?”


Warren Meers watched his ‘friend’ Andrew while he retold a funny story from yesterday’s rehearsal. Andrew was entertaining a number of geeks and nerds with the events of the day before and Warren just loved to watch his pal at work.

Andrew was a wonderful young man; Warren was well aware of that. He only wished that his own parents might someday see how wonderful his friend really was.

“Well look at that,” Andrew gasped and Warren followed his gaze to the nearby table.

“Now there’s something you don’t see every day,” Andrew continued in disbelief.

Warren had to agree with his friend. Seeing super jock, Riley Finn and super slut, Faith whatever her last name was together was not something normal. But, there they were.

Andrew soon lost interest in the unusual couple and looked over at Buffy Summers and Willow Rosenberg at another nearby table.

“I wish,” the small fair-haired young man sighed wistfully when he spied the two friends together. The girls had their heads together; their animated conversation was quiet, yet lively.

“I know,” Warren sighed in response as he resisted the urge to take Andrew’s hand in his. Even if it was under the table and out of sight.

“Buffy is a good person,” Andrew sighed again, resisting the urge to take Warren’s hand in his.

“Yes, she is. She’s also lucky,” Warren added with a sigh of his own. “Spike Giles is just…..”

“Yes, he is,” Andrew smiled impishly and went back to his soda.


A/N: Hope you read and enjoy. Please review, thanks spuf.