Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for being patient with me on this fiction. I've had some bumps in my RL road.
HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA


Summary: Buffy makes it to The Crypt, but will it be the right decision? (Oh, come on now; of course it’s the right decision…tee hee!)

We meet Drusilla, who has an amazing insight to her brother’s feelings for Buffy. (Yes, I’m trying to make Drusilla actually likeable in this one).

How will Spike react when he finds out about Riley hitting Buffy? The answer just might surprise everyone!

More Spike and Buffy alone time in this one…..MMMMMM!



Act II; Scene III: ‘His Heart Belongs To Buffy’


Buffy was hard pressed to stay at the local speed limit as she drove her Mustang, carefully, to The Crypt. Spike was there; at the gothic, punk-like underage club and Buffy felt the need to be there too.

When she finally arrived at the club and pulled into the very full parking lot, Buffy wondered if she had done the right thing. To come ‘here’ that is; to Spike’s hang out where his group of friends congregated.

“What if Spike doesn’t want me here?” Buffy groaned out loud, her insecurity reared its head again. “Oh, shit, what if some skanky goth chic is hanging all over him and….”

She pulled into an empty parking space and clicked off the engine of her car. Three deep breaths later, Buffy finally managed to get up the courage to actually get out of the car.

‘He said he cared about me,’ Buffy reasoned in her own mind. ‘My William, he cares about me; I know that, I do. He’ll be happy to see me here,’ she assured herself, bravely.

“You have to take a leap of faith on this one, Summers,” Buffy murmured softly as she slowly walked to the front door of the black building.

Buffy had spied Spike’s beloved DeSoto in the parking, up close to the front and it made her smile slightly. He treasured that damned butt-ugly old car and Buffy treasured it to; just because Spike did.

There was some kind of loud, head-banger music pulsating from The Crypt’s walls. Buffy could ‘feel’ the bass guitar and drums thumping out and up through the concrete parking lot and through her body.


“Oh dear God,” she grumbled under her breath, “this is going to be another nightmare tonight, I just know it!”


Reluctantly, Buffy sidled up to the front door where she was met by a tall, black-leather clad door man. It wasn’t so much the black eyeliner the door man wore that made Buffy ‘nervous’ but the smirk he gave her. This, after said door man eyed her up and down for a full half-minute.

“You lost?” The goth looking giant chuckled as he sneered down at her.

“Uhm, no, I don’t think so,” Buffy mumbled in reply; resisting the urge to turn and run from this unfamiliar place. “How much to get in?” She asked bravely as she fished about in her purse for a large bill.

“Who’s the lucky guy?” Goth man asked casually; he raised his hand in an open palm ‘stop’ sign. “It’s gotta’ be a guy,” the man smiled knowingly. “A hot little number like you isn’t gonna’ show up here for fun, that’s for sure!”

“Well, I kind of was looking for William, er, I mean Spike Giles,” Buffy stammered shyly. She was finding it difficult to look the tall man in the eye.

“I’m Lorne,” the goth guy stated warmly. He held out his hand for Buffy to shake. “You can just go in; no charge,” he added quietly.


“You let all of Spike’s friends in, without charge?” Buffy asked, a little confused, momentarily.

“No,” Lorne replied quickly with a hearty laugh. “But ‘you’ that’s a different story. You’re something special, sweetlips, that’s for certain,” he added merrily. “I couldn’t charge such a lady as you to come into this dump. Especially, since I have a feeling that you really are someone special to Spike. He’s a friend of mine, by the way,” Lorne finished with a friendly grin.

“Thanks,” Buffy mumbled as she strode past the tall door man and into the dark, almost dank club.

‘This just may be your biggest mistake yet Summers,’ Buffy told herself as she cautiously made her way through the unfamiliar club. All about her, Buffy could hear rumblings from the voices in the crowded club; some were outright gasps:

“That’s fucking Buffy Summers,” two or three voices exclaimed at once. “What the fuck is ‘she’ doing here?” More random, faceless voices from the crowd assaulted her.

“I don’t know what she’s doing here,” another voice broke above the crowd, “but I’m hitting on her so….”

“Spike’s targeted her.” Buffy heard an almost reverent whisper from an unknown passing male. “You’d better back off, Tank; Spike’ll….”

“Who gives a fuck what Giles wants!” The one called Tank pushed his way past unknown male body and stepped into Buffy’s path.

“Excuse me,” Buffy mumbled, her eyes focused past this Tank person and on the pool room in the back.

“Wanna’ drink?” Tank asked in what he must have thought was a suave, charming tone.

“No, uhm, I’m just fine, thanks,” Buffy murmured as she tried to pass the huge, hulking male.

‘No wonder why they call him Tank,’ she reasoned silently. This Tank guy was intimidating and Buffy was afraid she might not make it to the pool room in one piece.

“Why don’t you let me buy you a drink, sweetheart,” Tank offered again, this time a little less friendly.

“I said no thanks,” Buffy replied, just short of a growl. She was beginning to get past frustrated at this moron’s insistence.

“What’s Finn’s piece of ass doing here, anyway?” Another goth looking guy asked. Buffy didn’t like the nasty, sarcastic tone in the guy’s voice and she was just about to say so when…..

“Golden Buffy!” A familiar, beloved female voice greeted her from the crowd. A very familiar, beloved British female voice that is.

“Drusilla,” Buffy sighed in relief when she spotted the lovely, if slightly touched younger girl approach her.

“Now Tank, dearie. You must not try and play with Lady Buffy,” Dru scolded the huge young man. “She is the object of my darling brother’s affection and not for you,” the brunette girl pouted prettily and waved a long, slim finger in front of him.

Tank immediately backed off, but not before endowing Drusilla with a warm smile. “Sorry Lady Drusilla,” he began sheepishly, “I didn’t know she was Spike’s girl.” With that, the two more brazen guys turned and stumbled off in the other direction.

“Dru!” Buffy squealed in delight just before she threw herself into the taller girl’s arms.

“Sweet girl,” Dru cooed softly; gently stroking Buffy’s golden hair. “I’ve missed you,” the brunette whispered.

“I’ve missed you too, Drussy,” Buffy murmured, her voice muffled in Drusilla’s shoulder. She had, truly; Buffy had missed the sensitive, fragile girl, just as she had the entire Giles’ family.

“Only you and my brother can call me Drussy,” the brown eyed mystical young woman giggled. She tightened her protective embrace around Buffy, as if to ward off any evil, naughty other boys that might try and approach them.

“You’ve come searching for my brother, your white knight, haven’t you, sweet?” Drusilla’s lovely dark eyes lit up and she grinned affectionately at her smaller companion.

“Well, yes,” Buffy stammered, shyly, “maybe this wasn’t a good idea, Dru,” she finished with a tired sigh.

“Of course it’s a good idea,” Drusilla scoffed, “my brother will be so pleased to see you. It will be a wonderful surprise for him! Come this way,” the dark haired girl pulled Buffy to the back of the club.

“He’s here, with dear Jesse,” Drusilla stated softly, pointing into the dimly lit pool room.

The first thing Buffy noticed was Spike, himself, leaned over the pool table preparing to take a shot. There was a cigarette hanging from his handsome mouth and he had a look of concentration on his face. His beloved black leather jacket billowed out about him, slightly as he took aim.

The next ‘thing’ Buffy noticed was Faith Evans, casually draped over the pool table, between Spike and his friend Jesse. Buffy immediately went into ‘jealous’ mode and pulled from Drusilla’s gentle clasp.


“Oh, that bitch!” Buffy hissed under her breath, apparently still loud enough for Dru to hear. Her green eyes were narrowed into slits at the sight of that ‘ho’ Faith anywhere near ‘her’ Spike!

“No worries,” Drusilla chuckled softly as she took Buffy’s arm again and pulled her closer to the pool table. “Look, that nasty girl Faith is hanging all over my sweet Jesse. Not dear Spike,” she finished with a sad sigh. “You will always have my brother’s heart, Lady Buffy,” Dru added sincerely.

Buffy glanced at Drusilla’s pretty face and noted a look of jealousy in the girl’s chocolate colored eyes. It finally struck the blond that Dru was sweet on her brother’s friend, Jesse. She felt a pang of sympathy for the younger girl who held her arm.

Spike and Drusilla’s parents were extremely protective of their only daughter. Much more so then most parents would be; but then again, they needed to be. Poor Drusilla didn’t really live in the real world; at least not in her confused mind.

“Oh, don’t worry so much, Drussy,” Buffy whispered kindly, squeezing the girl’s hand, tenderly. “Jesse and Faith won’t last; she never lasts with anyone, believe me.”

“I know,” Drusilla murmured, “someday Jesse will ‘see’ me as more then Spike’s annoying littler sister.” She sighed dreamily and gave Buffy a brave little smile.

“Look brother,” Drusilla blurted out over the noise of the music. “Look who fate has brought to you tonight!”

Spike took the smoke out of his mouth and looked up from the table. When he saw Buffy, he broke into a huge grin and stood up. Tossing the pool stick on the table, he hurried around it and strode up to the two girls at the door.

Buffy realized, at that very moment; the moment Spike looked up and spied her there, in the doorway. She realized by the gleam in Spike’s lovely blue eyes and the warm, loving smile on his lush mouth that she had made the right decision.

‘It was right for me to come here,’ Buffy told herself in relief as she instantly relaxed. ‘Spike wants me here, with him,’ she thought inwardly, even as she giggled outwardly.

“So you’ve kicked the bloody wanker to the curb?” Spike asked hopefully. He reached out and cupped Buffy’s cheek, tenderly.

“Ouch,” Buffy hissed when Spike touched her rapidly bruising cheek. She unintentionally pulled away from Spike’s warm hand, causing a look of hurt in his indigo colored eyes.

Buffy glanced up at Spike; her eyes full of remorse at the pain her actions had obviously caused him.

Spike pulled his hand back, as if stung by Buffy’s rebuff; then he spied the tell-tale trace of heavy make-up on his fingers.

‘Buffy never wears make-up that thick,’ Spike reasoned to himself in confusion. (notice how Spike knows that little detail?) He watched as Buffy placed her own hand protectively over the spot his hand had just touched.

“My God,” Drusilla gasped, eyeing Buffy’s cheek in horror. “That bad dog, Riley, he struck you, didn’t he?” The brunette clasped Buffy’s hand, carefully and moved it away from her cheek.

“Its, I mean it is nothing, really,” Buffy stuttered, her eyes focused on the floor. She couldn’t bear to look into Spike’s wide blue eyes and lie in such a bold faced manner.

Spike’s body tensed up, like a coiled snake, and he lifted Buffy’s chin up so she could meet his steely gaze.

“Did Finn hit you?” The blond male asked in a raspy voice; his clenched jaw flinched slightly.

“It, it doesn’t matter, really, Spike,” Buffy murmured in embarrassment. “He…..”

“Jesse!” Spike growled to his friend behind him. “Let’s go; we need to go kick Finn’s worthless arse and…..”

“No!” Buffy cried, trying to keep the growing hysteria out of her voice. “Please, Spike, Jesse, no,” she repeated desperately. “He’s at Xander’s house and in no shape to get his worthless arse kicked. I’m sure Angel and Xander are doing the honors of the ass kicking, even as we speak. Besides,” she paused briefly to collect her words, “I think it’s safe to say that Riley will have a hellacious tummy ache for a while.”

Spike stared down at his treasure; even more confused then before. As he studied Buffy’s soft, lovely face, a sudden, pleasant thought dawned on him.

“You punched Finn, in the gut?” Spike asked in delighted disbelief. “You did, didn’t you,” he continued in awe.

“Yup,” Buffy mumbled, her gaze never breaking from Spike’s. “I sure as hell did. Doubled him over in fact and…..”

Spike didn’t hesitate, hugged Buffy to him and leaned in to kiss her soft, warm lips. The smug smirk on her mouth did not go unnoticed by him.

When the couple broke apart, Spike smiled, proudly down at Buffy. “That’s my girl,” he murmured tenderly as he brushed a stray strand of her hair behind her ear.

“I want to be your girl,” Buffy replied shyly. “I mean if…..”

“You already are my girl,” he responded, affectionately. “You just don’t really know it yet.”

Before either one of the bleached blonds could say anything else, Drusilla interjected. “Spike, will you have Jesse take me home now? I’m weary and I think you should spirit your ‘girl’ home to her house, right?”

“Right,” Spike chuckled without breaking his intense gaze from Buffy’s. “Jesse, will you take my little sis home, then? I’m driving my lady home tonight. Oh, and we’ll get around to kicking Finn’s sorry arse soon, promise.”

Spike turned about briefly and grinned at Jesse, who responded with a benevolent grin. “Nothing would suit me better,” Jesse grunted as he tossed his pool cue on the table.

“Course I will, Spike,” Jesse answered quickly. “Do you mind if Faith comes with, Dru,” Jesse asked carefully. Apparently the guy had a suspicion that Spike’s sister did not much care for the easy girl, Faith, who now hung all over Jesse.

“Yes,” Drusilla grumbled in a whisper. “Not at all,” she said more loudly, somewhat politely. “You may drive me home, Jesse,” she snorted. “Once you’ve seen to my safety, you may go off and do whatever it is you and your so-called ‘lady’ do together.”

“I don’t like the way that sounds,” Faith snorted; her dark eyes were narrowed into angry slits.

“Shut up,” Jesse growled at his dark haired female companion. “You’re reputation proceeds you, Faith. Don’t try and make out like the injured party here.”

“Whatever,” Faith grumbled. “The chick’s crazy anyway,” she added maliciously.

Spike and Buffy didn’t seem to hear what was said around them; they just gazed at each other, lovingly.

“I could use a friendly ear,” Buffy whispered. His voice was so gentle and soft that it sent shivers up Buffy’s spine.

“I can do that,” Spike murmured tenderly, running his long fingers gently down her neck. “Can I drive you home then?” Just touching Buffy’s sleek neck caused shivers through Spike’s body.

“Yes,” Buffy replied quickly. “I might even ask you in tonight,” she added coyly.

“What about your nosy neighbor?” Spike asked with a wry smile.

“She won’t notice a thing amiss, especially when you drive my car into the garage. It’s attached to our house, remember?”

Spike drove Buffy’s car in record speed to get to her house. He had a feeling that some good just might come out of tonight, for him that is.

After he had given Jesse the keys to the DeSoto and made sure Drusilla was okay, Spike had driven Buffy home. All the way in the car, the couple drove in comfortable silence. Buffy would find a song she enjoyed on the radio and hum along to it; a slight smile on her pretty mouth.

They arrived at the Summers’ home without incident, although Buffy would glance out the window, somewhat nervously. Spike assumed that it was more because she was afraid of Captain Cardboard showing up at her house, then anything else. At least he hoped it wasn’t because of him, Spike, coming with her into an empty house.

“You know, Princess,” Spike began carefully as he pulled into the Summers’ long driveway. “I’m thinkin’ that those wankers your ex calls friends won’t be lettin’ him drive over here tonight. Is that what you’re worried about then?”

“If it is,” he continued cheekily, “I’m thinkin’ that I wish the no-neck wanker would show up here. I’d kick is bloody arse all the way to…..”

“No,” she gently cut him off.

Buffy clicked the garage door opening on and Spike drove slowly into the huge building. She waited until the door had closed behind them and motioned for him to follow her through the door to the back of the house.

“It’s not so much that I’m afraid of Riley,” Buffy sighed as Spike unlocked the back door for them. They shuffled into the kitchen and she turned the lights on.

“It’s more that I, well, I’m a little afraid of what ‘you’ might be thinking of me, Spike,” she mumbled shyly, tossing her keys and purse on the kitchen counter.

Spike reared back from her; a confused look in his blue eyes. “Why would you be afraid of me thinkin’ you’re the most beautiful girl in the world,” he whispered lovingly.

Buffy was gazing at him; with those huge emerald green eyes of hers and Spike felt his heart skip at least three beats. He casually reached out and tenderly tucked her blond strand of hair behind her ear.

Without a thought, Buffy gently clasped Spike’s hand in hers and cupped her tender cheek with it.

“What you just said; that chased all my fear away,” she murmured quietly. They continued to gaze into each other’s eyes in near awe.

‘Why didn’t I approach her sooner? Laid my cards on the table and just told her how I really felt about her? Spike asked himself, still in awe that he was here with his Buffy, finally.

‘Why haven’t I ever noticed how good I feel around him? How safe and well.....comfortable.’ Buffy asked herself, still in awe that her childhood sweetheart was here, now, with her.

“You want something to drink?” Buffy suddenly blurted; she snapped them both out of the reflective reverie.

“Not really,” Spike whispered hoarsely, falling back into the romantic sense of just moments earlier. He could not look away from her mesmerizing eyes and he pulled her roughly into his arms.

“Uhm, I,” Buffy began, but she was cut off by Spike’s magnificent mouth as it crashed into hers.

“Buffy,” he panted, her name like a song on his lips. She was kissing him back, as passionately as he was kissing her.

“Oh, Will,” Buffy moaned breathily when they finally came up for air.

Spike hoisted Buffy up and sat her on the kitchen counter; oblivious to the high tech small appliances that now surrounded her lush little bottom.

“I, I want you; need you my Buffy,” Spike rasped in desperation. “I…..”

“I need you too, Will,” Buffy gasped when he yanked her red sweater up and off of her little body.

This left Buffy’s whole top exposed; clad only in a mere whisp of a red lace bra.

“My favorite color,” Spike grunted in delight when he spied the saucy little bra that covered Buffy’s sweet milky white titties.

All this was between their mutual assaults of kisses, of course.

“I know,” Buffy murmured in a husky but feminine voice; all pretense of nervousness most certainly ‘gone’ now.

She reached out and yanked Spike’s leather duster off of his shoulders and arms.

He hardly noticed when his beloved duster was discarded, haphazardly, onto the Summers’ kitchen floor. It pooled at his feet, but Spike could not have cared less about it.

Buffy was here, half-dressed in his arms and she was doing the most delicious thing with tiny, sweet hands. She was reaching to the hem of his black tee shirt and quickly pulling it up over his chest and shoulders.

Once the obtrusive tee was out of the way, Buffy began to run her hands up and over his chest and shoulders to his back. By this time, Spike’s cock was so hard that he thought it might break through his black jeans and zero in on Buffy’s cunny without in guidance from him whatsoever!

Spike pulled Buffy even closer to his bare body; their chests pressed tightly together. All the time, they somehow never seemed to break the passionate kisses they bestowed on each other’s mouths, cheeks and necks.

“I’m gonna’ make such bloody good…..” Spike cried out hoarsely as he pulled Buffy’s whole body to him and wrapped her long jean clad legs about his waist and hips.

The shrill ring of the cordless wall phone, not five feet away from the couple, interrupted Spike and scared the hell out of Buffy!


A/N: Sorry, had to finish this here. Next chapter…..well, there will be Spuffy, no question. Oh and Spike will do something so incredibly old-fashioned and romantic that I hope you readers will tune in and really ‘dig’ it! (How passe is a word such as ‘dig’ huh?).

Thanks for reading and please review, spufette.