Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for your patience with me.
I hope this chapter is enjoyable; it kicked my butt to write it and post it.
HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA


Act II; Scene V:


Summary: Spike and Buffy officially go public with Spuffy!
On their first date, our couple comes to a decision about their next one!

Later on, Riley shows up to harass Buffy who is all alone at the time. Will a white knight come to her rescue?


A/N: Please read this A/N because I really, really mean this from the bottom of my heart: This chapter (since this is a high school fic) is dedicated to the incredibly brave educators of our wonderful children.

Please bear with me and let me explain: I audited my freshman daughter’s Science class today, 3/27/06. Tomorrow I get the pleasure of auditing her English class (oh yay!) My oldest daughter who is 25 taught 7th and 8th graders when she was a mere lass of 21. I thought I empathized with teachers because of her, but OMG; after today! Heck I had no idea what noble creatures the educators of America really were.

Well, let me say this; God Bless the teachers of this land and the entire globe. I salute you oh educators of the children because I certainly couldn’t do it. Your bravery in the line of academia apocalypse is what epics are made of! I dedicate this chapter to you; the teachers of the world!


Act II; Scene V: ‘Can’t Seem To Help Myself Around You!’



Buffy kind of floated in a pleasant daze through Tuesday at school; then spaced out totally through Wednesday morning. When lunchtime rolled around, she followed Willow into the cafeteria, only to be met by Spike and Oz right inside the door.

“How’s my girl?” Spike asked Buffy warmly; he reached out and took her small warm hand in his.

“Just fine now,” Buffy replied honestly as she allowed him to lead her to the food line. Spike’s deep voice and words sent a shiver of pleasure through Buffy’s body.

Buffy was delighted to see Oz take Willow’s hand in his and follow Spike and her to the lunch line. From what Willow had told Buffy, the two red heads had become nearly inseparable in the last few days. This pleased Buffy immensely and she had never seen either Willow or Oz look so happy in ages.

“How about you let me buy you lunch, sweetheart,” Spike asked almost shyly. He gently pulled her along to the long line of teens that waited to order and purchase the generic food the cafeteria had to offer.

Buffy felt her heart skip a beat or two when she saw the boyish look in Spike’s beautiful blue eyes.

‘He’s so damned sweet,’ Buffy reminded herself and this endeared Spike to her even more.

“Thanks, I’d like that,” she replied in her silky soft voice; a sweet smile on her mouth. It sent a shiver of pleasure through Spike’s body.

The couple was so wrapped up in each other; they did not notice the odd looks they were getting from the other students at their various tables. Riley Finn had returned to school by that very Wednesday morning. At the moment, Riley sat at the regular ‘in table’ glaring at his ex-girlfriend and her new male companion.

To say that Riley shot angry glares at both Spike and Buffy would be an understatement. The star basketball player and football team captain was past angry; he was enraged at Buffy’s open act of treason towards him. His hatred for Spike had grown even more in the last few days and had festered until he could no longer think straight or logically.

Riley Finn was an emotional volcano waiting to erupt, that much was for sure. He was just biding his time for the opportune moment to get Buffy alone and confront her about her recent betrayal.

Once he had straightened Buffy out, Riley would corner Spike and beat the shit out of him! How dare that low-life freak, William Giles touch Riley’s precious Buffy?

Spike and Buffy had a class together Wednesday afternoon and they made arrangements to switch seats with a student to sit next to each other. Unfortunately, Riley also had the same class with them and he continued to glare at the couple throughout the period.

Both Spike and Buffy seemed oblivious to Riley’s murderous stares as they paid attention to the teacher and each other. Neither one of them allowed anyone else to distract them from the other.

“Pick you up at 7:00 sharp?” Spike murmured in Buffy’s warm little ear. His voice was velvety rich; like rich warm silk as he dropped her off at her house. He had insisted on taking her to school that day and driving her home.

“That’s fine,” Buffy whispered breathily when Spike placed a quick but sweet kiss on her lips.

They were standing on the Summers’ front porch, content in the knowledge that no one was home at this time. Tonight was the night that Spike and Buffy would go on their first official date; even if was just out for coffee.

It really didn’t matter though, since Spike had already asked Buffy out to dinner and a movie on this coming Friday. Of course she accepted, gleefully, and had even picked out the outfit she would wear.

Buffy seemed to be walking on air for the last few days and if the truth be told, so was Spike. Things had gone well at school for both of the young people; well except for when Riley had passed Buffy in the hallway and sneered at her.

‘His loss,’ Buffy had told herself at the time; she turned her nose up at her ex and hurried on to her locker. That had been at the end of the day and Spike was waiting, patiently at the locker for her.

“Be home late,” Buffy cried happily as she skipped out of the front door of her home. Spike followed behind; he did go into the Summers’ house, after all, to pick up his girl for their first date.

“Not too late honey,” Joyce Summers called out in reply.

Spike opened the passenger side of the DeSoto and helped Buffy into it. He hopped into the driver’s side and was pleased when his girl slid over to his side of the car. It was a good thing that Spike was left-handed, because his right arm was wrapped about Buffy’s slim little shoulder as he drove.

The couple pulled into the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf parking lot. When they slipped inside the cozy shop, Buffy was happy to see Oz and Willow already there, holding a booth for them.

The two couples talked, laughed and drank a gallon of coffee between them. At exactly 10:00 PM, Willow announced she had to go home.

Willow Rosenberg was not quite eighteen yet and her parents were hard-nosed about her curfew hour. Actually, the red haired girl was supposed to be on her front porch by 10:00 PM and now she would already be late.

The Rosenbergs would not be too happy about Willow breaking her curfew tonight. Oz and Willow’s relationship was still too new for them to be pissing off her folks. So, off the red-headed couple went after saying goodnight to Buffy and Spike.


Spike and Buffy sat in silent contentment in the front seat of his DeSoto. The old classic heap was parked on an empty bluff that looked over the Pacific Ocean.

It wasn’t Inspiration Point, of course, not the place where all the other teenaged couples hung out. Even on a non-special Wednesday night like this one.

No, this private bluff was Spike and Buffy’s alone; someplace just for them to sit and neck so no one else could see. It wasn’t because they were ashamed of their new found love together; rather it was because they wanted someplace special. A place they could call their own where the outside world could not intrude on them.

Buffy’s head lay on Spike’s right shoulder; his right arm was wrapped about her slim shoulder. The couple had just indulged in the most amazing snogging session; one which had found Spike’s hand slipped down Buffy’s sweater. His hand was cupped around her pert breast and he kneaded the lovely mound tenderly.

Spike could not keep his lips off of Buffy’s forehead, cheeks or mouth. He kept placing little kitten kisses all over every available inch of Buffy’s warm flesh.

“Spike,” Buffy murmured huskily as he buried his face into her soft golden hair. “We….” She mumbled softly; distracted by his tender kisses and his hands that gently stroked her bra covered right breast.

“Need to slow down, yeah?” Spike finished Buffy’s sentence for her. He reluctantly slid his naughty hand off of her breast and out from under her plush little sweater.

“Sorry sweet,” he rasped; his eyes half closed in shame and his head hung down. “I just can’t seem to help myself around you baby. I…..”

It was Buffy’s turn to finish his sentence for him. “You and me both.” She purred silkily even as she took his hand in hers and placed it back on her chest. This time however, it was with her sweater in between his hand and her tender right breast.

“I want you,” Spike sighed wistfully as he pulled her closer to his taught body.

“I know. I want you too Spike,” Buffy murmured in a low, shy little voice. “But, not here; not now and not like this, please,” she finished with another discontented sigh.

“I want you,” Spike repeated evenly; he placed his finger under her chin and raised her face up to meet his gaze. “But you’re right. Not here, not like this; in the front seat of a car.” He finished with a disappointed frown.

Buffy snuggled even closer into her boyfriend and buried her face into his rather comforting chest. “Thank you,” she whispered, her voice muffled by his tee shirt. “I want our first time together to be…..”

“Special,” Spike interjected quietly. He tightened the hold he had on his girl and kissed the top of her soft, warm head.

“In a big bed,” Spike continued in an almost dreamy voice. “With flower petals strewn all around you like the goddess you are." You and me naked in a big comfy bed with flowers and satin sheets, yeah,” he added hopefully.

“Yeah,” Buffy sighed in response, her head still pressed against Spike’s strong chest.

“Buffy,” Spike whimpered softly, he nuzzled her forehead with his warm lips. “Please, baby,” he continued, “Friday….can we?”

“I think we should, don’t you?” Buffy giggled mischievously into his chest. Then, she pulled back and gazed into his incredible blue eyes.

“I think Friday should be the perfect time for us, baby,” she purred seductively.

Buffy’s purely feminine smile caused Spike’s heart to skip at least three beats. He grinned down at her affectionately before he moaned into her ear, “Buffy, I lo…..,”

She cut off his heart’s confession by kissing him quickly; passionately.

“No, Will,” she murmured softly when they finally came up for air. “I want us to admit our deep feelings for each other on Friday, okay? When we…..”

This time it was Spike’s turn to cut her off at the pass, or the mouth actually. He tightened his already vice-like embrace on her and crashed his lips together with hers.

Friday seemed like a million years away to both of the young lovers.


Sadly, it was not yet Friday, but Thursday afternoon; just after Buffy’s last period of the day. She was browsing around in the school library, which was nearly empty, looking for the research book she needed. Buffy had a major report due for American History class and she wanted to do well on it.

After meandering into a particularly secluded section of the library, Buffy finally found the book she was looking for.

“I must be the only living person in this place right now, except for Rupert Giles,” Buffy muttered to herself.

“Not really,” a deep, unpleasantly familiar voice greeted her as she turned the corner of the aisle.

“Riley,” Buffy gasped nervously when she looked up to see her ex hulking way to close by her.

“Hello gorgeous,” Riley greeted evenly; a wicked sneer on his big mouth. He had positioned himself in between Buffy and her escape to freedom out of the isolated book section.

“Uhm, I need to get by, have to go check this out,” Buffy muttered with mock cheeriness. She dropped her gaze from Riley’s and tried to pass by him.

“Not so fast, babe,” Riley growled, grabbing her by the arm and yanking her back towards him.

“Riley, let me go!” Buffy hissed as she pulled her arm from his.

“We need to talk,” Riley countered in his ‘I’m the boss’ voice.

Buffy noticed just how large her ex really was, possibly for the first time since they’d met. She wondered, briefly, how she could have missed this one. Riley was glaring down at her; the look in his dark eyes was anything but loving or affectionate.

“We’ve talked,” she spat back at him, “and that didn’t work out too well!” “I need to go now!”

“Meeting bleach boy,” Riley rasped, blocking her way with his huge body yet again.

“Maybe,” Buffy mumbled; her green eyes were still focused on the book in her hand.

“Look at me!” Riley ordered the tiny blond in his drill sergeant tone.

“No,” Buffy whined. “I wanna’ go home now,” she shot Riley a determined glare and again tried to push past him.

“You know, Buff,” Riley began, undeterred in his stance, “you’re really making an ass out of yourself over Spike Giles! He’s not good enough for you and I just wanted to let you know something. I’m more then willing to take you back and all; at least you can still save face,” he finished with a smug grin.

Riley tilted his head to one side and reached out to brush Buffy’s stray lock behind her ear.

“Don’t touch me!” Buffy ordered angrily, flinching visibly at Riley’s unwanted touch.

“Spike isn’t a freak,” she continued gruffly; her green eyes danced with self-righteous indignation. “He’s ten times the man you are, Riley, and…..”

“Is everything alright Buffy dear?” Rupert Giles trusted voice interrupted Buffy’s angry tirade. The older man glanced back and forth from Buffy to Riley with a serious, concerned frown.

“Yes Giles,” Buffy murmured in relief, finally able to push past Riley and join Rupert at the end of the aisle. “Riley was just being, well, Riley,” Buffy sighed in exasperation.

“Fine,” Riley muttered harshly; although he appeared to be this side of enraged.

“I think you had better leave the library now Mr. Finn,” Rupert offered the glowering young man. “And please leave quietly,” Rupert’s fine voice was curt and unapologetic.

“Will you walk out with me then, Buffy,” Giles asked the blond girl warmly. “I want to talk to you about what time my Jenny wants you for dinner at our home, Sunday.”

Buffy smiled at her new boyfriend’s father and turned to head to the front of the library. Rupert followed closely behind her; abruptly dismissing the very angry and humiliated Riley who remained behind in the aisle.

“This isn’t over Buffy; you and me aren’t over,” Riley muttered harshly. He watched the love of his life scamper off with that blond freak’s father; his dark eyes were narrowed into mere slits. “This isn’t over by a fucking long shot!”


A/N: Well, there are definitely some hints at a future plot line in this chapter.

Thank you for reading and please review, spufette.