TUESDAY

A light knocking at the door awoke Buffy.
She mumbled a “ Come in”, not fully awake yet, switching on the light in her dark room.
With her big surprise, she saw Spike letting in, holding a tray full of what seemed a breakfast: there were milk, coffee, jam, eggs, brioches and some flat cakes.
“ Good Morning, sunshine!” he exclaimed, approaching her.
She rubbed her eyes, wondering if she was suffering from hallucinations.
“ Hope you’ll like it! I’ve tried my best, maybe I forgot to tell you that I also like cooking..” he explained, putting the tray on the bed, while she was putting herself in a sitting position.
“ Spike! It’s ten o’ clock in the morning: aren’t you supposed to be claimed by sleep?” she asked him, but she also started eating.
“ Anyway, it’s wonderful and I really appreciate this, thank you!” she added immediately.
“ I’m glad you like it. I have slept for a couple of hours, and then I decided to do it. You know, I just want to thank you for unchaining me. And Iiii (yawn)’mmm (yawn) peerf (yawn) ectly awww (yawn) akee..” he admitted, trying to fight the tiredness that was overcoming him suddenly once again.
Buffy realized it.
“ Now you’d better come back to sleep. I don’t wanna distort your biorhythm..if vampires have got one!”
“ Yessh, we have got one and I’d better not messss up with it! I guesss I’ll followw (yawn) your advice.. Bye for nowww..”
he waffled without even managing to keep his eyes open, before departing.
She almost laughed for that odd unbelievable situation. Then she got up, taking the tray and smiling.
“ Well, if you can tell how a day is by the morning.. I guess this will be a really good one!” she said to herself, leaving the room.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As always, in the afternoon she sat studying, squatting on the sofa beside Spike’s one, casting an eye on the still asleep vampire every now and then.
The blond opened his eyes just in time to meet hers, although she had quickly turned her head away, pretending indifference.
“ You find me more interesting than your book, don’t you?” he smirked.

< Damn! He caught me! > Buffy cursed herself.

“ It’s only 3 p.m. and the sun is still shining.. isn’t it too early to get up?” she asked, without taking her eyes off the book.
“ Bugger this! Now I’m really up!” he replied, getting up.
“ Then sleeping bothers me.. I kinda miss the good time I spend with you..” he confessed softly, not even watching her.
“ Good time? Me insulting you, me fighting you, me trying to kill you, is a good time for you!? “
“ Hell no!” he exclaimed facing her look, “ But you recently being nice to me, you trusting me enough to set me free, you laughing * with me* and not * at me * for once; this is a bloody good time! I prefer you as friend than as enemy!” he admitted.
“ Uh? Do you see me as a friend, now?”
“ Well, I don’t kill you, you don’t kill me: this can be a start for a good friendship to me. I swear to you that even if one day I manage to get chipless I won’t ever try to hurt you or your friends anymore, believe me or not!” he assured to her.
“ I have to say, Spike, suddenly neither I feel anymore the urge to stake you.. and I don’t know why, but something tells me I can trust you this time, chip or not. Plus, an additional friend is never displeasing..” she confessed.
“ Ok, deal! We’re friends now!” he repeated and she nodded with a smile.
They both were lying to themselves.

After dinner, Buffy wore her fighting outfit, even if that night she didn’t feel like going patrolling at all.
Lucky for her, that night there was no vampire or demon around.
After an hour of complete quiet she decided there wouldn’t be any danger for that night, so she could come back home.

When she opened the door, Spike started, quitting doing whatever he was doing and throwing himself behind the sofa, holding something.
“ Slayer, I wasn’t expecting you so early.. what the bloody hell are you doing here now?” he asked her, hiding the mysterious thing behind his back with a hand.
“ You know Spike, this house is MINE and I get to be here WHENEVER I want!” she stroke back, shutting the door and crossing her arms.
“ Now tell me what the hell you were doing!” she summoned him, approaching him bit by bit.
The more she approached, the more he backed off.
“ I don’t think so, pet!” he said, getting up quickly, hiding the mysterious thing between his shirt and T-shirt and dashing towards the stairs before she could make her move.
“ You gotta catch me first!” he exclaimed before starting running upstairs.
“ Nothing easier!” she warned him, before dashing off in pursuit.

They chased each other for almost a quarter, Slayer Speed against Vampire Speed.
She was sure to have him on a string, ‘cos he was blocked between her and the banisters; but with a jump he catapulted himself on the down floor, landing perfectly, making to her a sneer of his.
“ Couldn’t you be a bit less athletic? “ she complained, starting the chase again.
When he was on the up floor, that time she was the quickest and she grabbed him from behind by the shoulder, in front of her bedroom.
“ Gotcha!” she exclaimed triumphantly, throwing him on the bed.
He wrapped his arms around his chest to prevent her from opening the shirt, just as his un-life depended by that.
She jumped on the bed, straddling him.
“ Time to find out if the Big Bad is ticklish!” and she began tickling him inside his arms.
And he was ticklish, a lot!
For the simple contact of her fingers with the cotton of his shirt, he started giggling maniacally, loosing his grip gradually.
After few minutes he couldn’t hold on any longer.
“ Ah ah! Stop, please! I give in!” he exclaimed between laughter, raising his hands to allow her to open his shirt, drawing out a drawing pad. He must have stolen it from her desk.
When she turned it she was speechless, holding her breath: she was watching nonetheless her portrait, no matter if only sketchy, the strong likeness with her was evident, the face was already fully completed and he had been able to convey to the Buffy on the sheet the same light of the real Buffy’s eyes.
And although the rest was barely an outline, she could already figure out how he had chosen to picture her: squatting on the sofa with something on her lap, it seemed a schoolbook.
Spike thanked his lucky stars for being a vampire or his face would have turned red!
“ Anyway, don’t flatter yourself, Slayer! It’s just that I have got no bloody thing to do, drawing is another thing I hadn’t told you I like doing.. and it’s just that you happened to be what I had seen mostly in this last few days, it’s only that!” he tried to justify, but he didn’t fooled her, she was sure that wasn’t the only reason.
“ Anyway, … do you like it?” he asked quickly with a low voice, ashamed like a child, staring at the floor.
“ Oh Sppiiiiikkke, what can I say? It’s wonderful, really! I wouldn’t have ever thought you were so talented!” she admitted, carrying on gazing at the sketch.
“ Ok, now gimme it back!” he exclaimed, taking it away from her unceremoniously.
And then he saw her pouting face.
“ So I can make it better before giving you back definitely. So, be patient, BIG CURIOS CHICK!” he added, striking his tongue out to her, before leaving.
She stayed on her bed; thinking about what was just happened, smiling to herself.

Finally, she decided to come downstairs and she found him in the kitchen, while he was making a hot chocolate for both of them.
Seeing her, he invited her to sit down at the table and to let him doing everything.
After filling the two mugs, he also sat.
“ Mm.. bed-breakfast, portraits, midnight-chocolate.. I could get really used to that! Spike, you surely know how to win a girl’s heart!” she confessed, blowing on her mug.
Instead, he almost choked at the first sip.

< Did I hear it right? Has she just used my name and ‘winning girls’ heart’ in the same sentence? Maybe is this cutie trying to flirt with me? >

He would have wanted to ask her thousands questions, but he confined himself just to display the sexiest of his smiles.

They spent the rest of the night chatting and watching TV, but that time, before going to her room, she kissed him goodnight on his cheek and that left him speechless.

TBC