WEDNESDAY

Waking up, Buffy found a rose upon her bed with a note beside it, that she read immediately.

Sorry Pet! I’m afraid I won’t be up to bring you breakfast, ‘cos I feel terribly sleepy. As you can see, I’ve tried to remedy, I know it’s not the same, but I hope you’ll like it. See ya later, Spike.

“ I must be still dreaming!” Buffy muttered, smelling the flower.
She couldn’t believe how in those few days that bleached blond vampire had managed to amaze her.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On afternoon she was once again sat on the sofa next his, studying.

It was already dinnertime, but Spike hadn’t awaken yet, and it seemed he wasn’t going to do it.
A little upset, she went out for the patrol, leaving a note to him.
“ I just hope to find some demons tonight: slaying will take my mind off and the less I think, the better is!” she said to herself, heading to the cemetery.

Few minutes after her getting out, Spike awoke and when it watched the clock he cursed himself.
Springing up, he noticed a piece of paper slipping on the floor, so he picked it and read it.

Hi, Sleeping Beauty! I’m out to patrol. I hope I’ll find you up when I come back; you know… the house is kinda empty… without you around annoying me! C ya l8r. Buffy.

“ Bloody Hell! Couldn’t I sleep any longer? I should borrow an alarm clock from the Slayer! I mean.. night is already short itself to spend some time together, but now I’m wasting even it!” Spike said to himself, going to the kitchen to feed.
“ And now what can I do? I’m not gonna sit here waiting for her like a bloody good puppy! I’m going to catch her during her patrol, hoping no one will attacks me, most of all the sodding Initiative ..” he decided, wearing his typical black leather coat.
Once he opened the door he stopped: “ Right… and then what can I say to her? I risk to spoil our sort of friendship if I tell her how I feel… and by the bloody way… how the hell am I feeling about her?” he wondered.
“ Well, I don’t think that catching her on patrol could spoil something, plus I’m so sick to be stuck here and.. BUGGER THIS, I’m going!” he said, shutting the door behind him.

Buffy had found what she wanted: that night two vampires were around, but she was wrong about the fact that they could take her mind off.
“ You’re a vampire, right?” she exclaimed, kicking one of them in the face.
“ You don’t fancy me…” she gave him another kick, that time in the stomach, then she staked him.
So, she started punching the second.
“ You don’t try to be nice with me, don’t you?”
The vampire watched her perplexed, but before he could answer she sent him on the ground.
“You don’t bring me roses (kick), don’t portrait me (kick) “
“ Uh? What the hell are you blathering about?” he asked before she smashed him against a tree.
“ You just hate me,..” she carried on, drawing out the stake.
“ … I kill you!” she informed him, shoving it through his heart.
“ It works that way..” she said, most of all to persuade herself.
Undertaken as she was by her thoughts, she didn’t even feel the third vampire approaching, one that had noticed her confused state of mind and had decided to take advantage of that.
Before she could react, he wrapped an arm strongly around her neck, blocking her from behind.
She struggled to break free, but he was very strong and robust.
“ I don’t know what your problem is, Slayer, anyway, after I kill you, you won’t have anything to think about anymore!” he said, throwing her against a tombstone.
The strong impact of it with her back prevented her from getting up immediately, while her opponent was threateningly approaching to her in full game-face.

“ DON’T EVEN TRY!” Spike yelled, running and throwing himself into the other vampire, dragging him on the ground with him.
“ NO ONE KILLS MY SLAYER!” he growled enraged, starting pummeling him ferociously with all his strength.
Once he was done, he wrapped his hands around his head, squeezing his eyes and waiting for the chip to operate: nothing.
“ No pain!” he exclaimed watching Buffy, who had got a face as astonished as his.
The blond gave another murderous punch to the other vampire, by then senseless.
“ No bloody pain!” he laughed and a second after he grabbed a stake in the nearby and staked him.
“ Thank you, buddy! Now I know this chip doesn’t work with demons!”
But he was talking to a pile of dust.
“ Are you ok? “ he asked, approaching her, offering his hand to help her to get up.
She massaged her back, which was already healing.
“ Spike! You’ve just rescued my life!” she exclaimed.
“ You didn’t know your chip wouldn’t work, but you punched him anyway. It could have been a huge pain for you…” she added, coming closer to him.
“ The hugest pain for me would be losing you!”, he replied, looking deep into her eyes.
“ When I saw him approaching you,…I… you….” he tried to explain, but suddenly he was lost for words.
Without even realizing it, he hugged her, holding her tight to him.
He tried to justify, without breaking the embrace.
“ I mean.. you act that way with a friend..” he said, holding her hand.
“ And we are friends now, right?” she whispered, watching him and getting closer to his face.
Suddenly, they both started panting heavily, although one of them didn’t need it at all.
Few seconds later, his lips were pressed on hers softly, but he was amazed when he felt Buffy parting her lips.
It was a short kiss, but for them it lasted an eternity.
Although there still were only few inches between each other, a deep silent fell upon them and he tried to break it first.
“ I don’t know what’s going on, pet!” he said, passing a hand through her hair.
“ Whatever it is, we’d better stop!” she answered back, doing the same; while their eyes were closing and their lips were meeting again, that time for a longer and more passionate kiss.
She broke it first, but in her eyes there was the same desire that was in his.
“ It’s not right, … we can’t!”
“ We can’t do * what*, Buffy?” he whispered into her ear.
Being called with her name by him for the first time made her lose her control.
“ THIS!” and saying that, she jumped on him, wrapping her legs ‘round his waist and sealed his lips with hers, her hands holding his face, while he was pulling her even closer.
Later, very later, when they parted, it just took a glance to make them exclaim the same thing at the same time: “ Let’s come back home!”

Few minutes after, they were already at Buffy’s.
After taking off quickly their coats, throwing them on the floor, they ran upstairs to her bedroom.
Kissing her, he slowly laid her down on the bed, placing him upon her.
Buffy began unbuttoning his red shirt; happy to observe that time under it he didn’t wear his usual black T-shirt.
So, she started stroking his marble chest with a hand, using the other to take off the shirt definitely.
He let one hand slip under her sweater and the contact of his cold hand with her warm body sent both of them into ecstasies.
He broke the kiss; just to lift her enough to take off her sweater, admiring the red satin bra she wore under it.
Then, he felt her undoing his belt, but he stopped her hand.
“ Wait, pet! Maybe you’re just shocked for risking your life tonight, and now you don’t know what you are doing. So, I’m asking that to you now, ‘cause if you go on any longer I know I won’t be able to stop myself anymore, and I wouldn’t fancy a stake in my heart tomorrow: are you sure, Buffy? Is really that what you want?” he asked, almost trembling for the tension.
“ Spike.. I have never been so sure about something as I’m sure of that right now: yes, I know what I’m doing, so… don’t stop, *William*!” she whispered, caressing his face.
That time he was the one who lost the control, hearing her calling him with his real name with so much emphasis.
That night they shared several times.

TBC