THURSDAY

Buffy awoke in Spike’s arms, her head leaning on his comfortable chest.
First, she sprang up and blinked, wondering what he was doing in her bed, but then she remembered every second of that wonderful night with him, and a smile formed on her lips.
Relaxed, she put her head on his shoulder again, letting her fingers skim against his chest softly.
Softly or not, with her big surprise he began stirring.
He popped his eyes open, smiling when he saw her so close to him.
“ So, it wasn’t a dream.. it was real.. and wonderful!” he exclaimed.
Her only answer, she smiled back nodding her head.
Suddenly he became thoughtful.
“ Wassup?” she asked, without moving from there.
“ Just tell me, pet: what happens now?”
She got up, sitting on the bed to watch him better.
“ I guess we’ve got 3 chances. The first one is .. just let’s stop right here right now, ‘cos this is impossible and terribly wrong. The second one is.. let’s enjoy this left few days to Sunday, but when Giles and the others come back, me and you will go back to be mortal enemies as we are supposed to be, or..”
“ Or? Just tell me the last chance, ‘cos I won’t bloody choose the first one… and I would be glad if there was something more than the second opinion, you know.. the more I spend my time here with you now.. the more I’ll suffer when you tell me it’s over!” he cut her, impressing her with his last words.
“ Well, there is, because the third one is .. ‘BUGGER THIS!’” she replied, quoting one of his most famous expressions, trying even to imitate his accent and that made him laugh.
“ I mean.. I wanna stay with you; you wanna stay with me… let’s do it! Who cares ‘bout the others? If we are careful, without lowering our guard, we can keep it from them all, at least for now. Maybe one day I’ll find the courage to tell them the truth..”
“ And what’s the truth, Buffy?” he asked, seriously.
“ Well, I can’t say I love you yet, Spike, and I bet you couldn’t, too, could you? Anyway, I’m having such a good time with you and I don’t want it to end. Then, you know… one thing leads to another…” she admitted, filling him with hope: he wouldn’t have ever confessed it to her, but he was already sure he loved her!
“ I don’t want it to end, too, sweetie!” he whispered, kissing her shoulder.
“ Anyway, even if we’ve decided to go on the third choice doesn’t mean we can’t act like the beginning of the second one..” he suggested, watching her with a knowing smile, raising his eyebrow.
“ Sounds good!” she exclaimed, so they soon started another fiery and passionate fight under those sheets.

“ Wow, Spike!” she murmured at the end, catching her breath.
“ Although it’s still full morning, you’re not so sleepy..” she commented, visibly satisfied.
“ Maybe because you’re my caffeine, pet!” he stroke back with a soft kiss.
“Then, pretend I’m your chamomile, ‘cos now you need to sleep and I have chores to do!” she said, jumping off the bed, putting a T-shirt on.
“ Plus, I gotta study a bit, otherwise how am I supposed to pass my exam? Not to mention that my teacher is determined to make it as hellish as possible!” she added worried.
“ I’d like to ripe out your teacher’s throat, but this bloody chip is not agree!” he complained.
“ Well, what can I say? Thank you for trying!” she joked, opening the door.
“ If I can’t kill him, I could always scare him to death: I can be very scary, you know…” he slurred his words, yawning and turning on the other side of the bed, closing his eyes.
“ Yeah, very, very scary!” she muttered with a smile, closing the door behind her.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buffy was satisfied: she had done her duties, so now she had the right to come back to the more pleasant matters.
The sun was already down, so she ran upstairs to her bedroom.
She found Spike still asleep, so she sat beside him, letting a hand flow through his hair and with the other she scratched softly his nape, making him purr.
In fact, few seconds after his eyes opened, although he was still a little bewildered.
“ Hi, Big Sleepy head!” she whispered, bending down to kiss him.
“ Cor, I have to say: this is the best awakening of my life and un-life!” he exclaimed, kissing her back, entwining her fingers with his, pulling her slowly upon him.

When it was time to patrol, she found him waiting for her on the front door, wearing his coat.
“ Are you going somewhere?”
“ Well, I’ve been told there’s a beautiful Slayer, who fights the evil all alone; maybe if I keep company to her she’ll enjoy her duty much better…” he explained with a persuasive tone.
“ Uh! I guess who this mysterious rival of mine is… maybe you shouldn’t meet her, I could be jealous. Then, I’m sure you would distract her from her work. So, bye!” she joked, opening the door and pretending to go without him.
“ Hey, it’s not fair! I mean… now that I know I can hit demons you can’t ask me to stay here and to be a quiet bloody puppy! C’mon, I need to kick ass; I crave a bit of violence! And you know, suppression is never good!” he added, following her.
“ Ok, if you really insist!” she smiled, pleasing him.
“ Let’s go!” he ordered, dragging her away with him.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“ What a patrol! I hadn’t so much fun for ages!” he exclaimed on their way back home.
“ Speak for yourself! You’ve dusted almost all of them, it’s not right. Besides, I had seen the last one first!” she complained, quickening her pace and crossing her arms.
“ What can I say? I’ve been faster than you, pet. So, keep in mind for the next time: less talk and more action!” he commented, reaching her.
“ What do you mean with ‘next time’? Aren’t you gonna do that usually, are you?”
“ Hell yeah, I’m gonna do that, it was fun!”
“ But it’s supposed to be * my* job!” she protested.
“ Well, I’m starting to like it, too!” he confessed, playing with the stake he still held, twirling it in air and recapturing it.
“ I’ll have to let the Council know.,” she mumbled, acting worried.
“ About what?” he asked curious.
“ About you! Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Spike, the Vampire-Vampire Slayer!” she laughed.
“ It doesn’t even sound right! So, now gimme it back!” she said, grabbing his stake and trying to tore it out of his hands, but he wouldn’t have released his hold so easily.
“ No way! Now it’s mine, I’ve earned it after all!” he protested and with a strong tug he appropriated the stake again, putting it in his pocket, watching her with a winning smile.
“ You’re the oddest vampire I’ve ever met!” she laughed, opening the door.
“ Attention Please, Words coming out from a * Slayer* who has actually kissed and shagged this odd * soulless vampire*!”
he stroke back.
“Right. By the way…” she exclaimed grabbing his shoulders and throwing him on the sofa, to straddle him the second
after, “.. remind me why I did that!” and she kissed him.
“ You don’t have to ask twice, sweetie!” he replied between kisses.
They carried on kissing for an eternity. Then she leant her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes.
“ You’d better go to sleep, pet!” he said with a soft voice, lifting her up to take her upstairs.
“ No, I wanna stay here, just hold me tight!” she muttered half asleep.
So, he just obeyed her, laying her on the sofa with him, listening to her heartbeat like it was the best music he had ever heard.

TBC