FRIDAY

A ringing awoke Buffy.
In the hurry to pick up the phone, without realizing yet where she was, she stumbled in the sofa and fell to the floor, to get up as quick as possible, reaching the phone.
Nothing of that seemed to wake Spike up.
She picked the receiver at the fifth ring.
“ Hallo?” she said, rubbing her eyes with the other hand.
“ Hi Buffy, it’s Giles!”
Her Watcher’s voice had on her the same effect of a very powerful alarm clock.
“ Uh? Hi Giles! It’s fine to hear from you, … how are you? How is the Congress?” she stuttered agitated.
“ I’m fine, and the Congress is… shorter than expected. I’ll be back for tomorrow!”
“ But you were supposed to come back on Sunday..” she observed, letting slip a note of sadness in her voice.
“ Buffy, are you ok? You sound…kind of disappointed…” he commented perplexed.
“ Noo! How can you think that? I’m happy, really.. very happy! I couldn’t stand Spike a day more. Can’t wait ‘till you come back and take him away from my house…” she replied, trying to be convincing.
“ I know, Buffy. It must have been hard for you … is he giving you much trouble?”
“ He has not killed me, I haven’t killed him; if it’s what you wanna know.. “
“ Ok Buffy, just hold on a little more! See you tomorrow night, bye!”
“ I’ll try… bye!” she said hanging up.

All that get her restless and she spent the whole day in that mood ‘till sunset, while she was carrying on pacing back and forth, waiting for Spike to awake.
As soon as he barely moved, on his way to the awakening, she ran to him.
“ Spike, wake up! We need to talk!” she said shaking his shoulders.
He blinked hearing those words and he had a terrible suspect.
“ What? Have you already changed your mind ‘bout us?” he asked, visibly scared.
His insecurity made her smile, so she took his face in her hands and she kissed him deeply.
“ Uh! I take it as a ‘No’!” he smiled, getting up and following her to the kitchen, where he sat beside her at the table.
“ Giles called me this morning. He will be back tomorrow!” she explained.
“ Wait! Wasn’t he supposed to arrive on Sunday?”
“ It’s what I told him, too. He said that the Congress was shorter. Bad News for us: a day less to spend together without anyone around…” she commented upset.
“ Then, just let’s make this last day unforgettable!” he whispered, taking her hands in his.
They were about to kiss, but she suddenly stopped.
“ Hey! We haven’t thought yet ‘bout the most important thing: how can we tell Giles and the Scoobies ‘bout your chip?”
“ Right! I almost forgot…”
“ We can’t say you’ve found out with me, unless we say that you escaped from my house. But I would take the blame from Giles for not being more careful. Plus, I’d be taken for the irresponsible dumb Slayer and you for the smart and shrewd Vampire…no way!” she clarified.
He was about to make a witty remark, but with her threatening look she made him shut up.
“ What about pretending that I haven’t found it yet? So, when I’m back at Giles I could tell him that I was reflecting about my chip..”
“ You!? Reflecting?! That’s new!” she cut him laughing, but that time he was the one making her shut up, looking daggers at her.
“ Slayer.. I’m serious!”
“ Ok, sorry! Go on.”
“As I was saying, .. and wondering if maybe the chip doesn’t work with demons. Then, I could persuade him to test it, making him find out it’s true. I guess it could work..” he finished.
“ Ok deal! Just let’s hope he’ll doubt nothing ‘bout this sudden keenness and wisdom of yours, my genius!” she teased him once again, before kissing him; maybe also because it was the only way to prevent him from striking back.
“ D’ you think he’ll let me go after that?” he asked, pulling her on his lap.
“ Why not? There won’t be any reason to keep you locked again, then you can help us to find out something more ‘bout the Initiative, anyway. Plus, I bet Giles would be happy to have his privacy back!” she assured him, tracing his lips with a finger.
Soon, her lips stood for it and whey they parted it was already dinnertime.

After that, they went patrolling together.
There was no one around, so they believed they were alone and they started kissing again, but two vampires were approaching.
Seeing them from afar and from behind, they thought they were a normal couple of humans, two potential meals.
“ Good Evening, Love Birds..” the first exclaimed.
“ We’re sorry to interrupt this sickening situation, but we have to kill you!” the other said and they both laughed.
The couple, laughing up their sleeve, carried on kissing, ignoring them at all.
That puzzled the two vampires. One of them approached the blonde.
“ Maybe you didn’t hear me!” he said, putting roughly a hand on her shoulder, making her turn her face.
“ Sl.. Slayer!?” he stuttered, before finding himself catapulted on the ground.
“ Yeah, the one and only!” she answered, kicking him and drawing out her stake.
“ And you have chosen the worst moment to show up!” she informed him, before staking him.
Meantime, the other vampire had started backing cautiously after figuring out whom the Slayer was kissing.
“ Sp.. Spike?! It can’t be! Well, as soon as I let all the others know it..” he informed, ready to run away; but the peroxide blond anticipated him, hitting his face with a murderous kick, which sent him on the ground.
“ Where the bloody hell do you think you’re going? You gotta hear the whole story before spreading the news..” Spike said, approaching his former minion who was trying laboriously to get up.
“ You gotta hear it in every ( kick in the stomach), single ( kick), bloody ( kick) detail (kick)!”.
Then, he raised him roughly, holding him by his neck with a hand.
“ You know what? I’ve changed my mind!” he said, showing him the stake.
“ You’d better say nothing at all!” then he dusted him.
“ Well Slayer, now we know that my pals wouldn’t be so happy if they knew ‘bout us, but I’m sure it’s nothing compared to the reaction of yours, right?” he commented, lighting a cigarette.
“ I guess so.. and the biggest difference is that I can’t kill them after telling them ‘bout us..” she replied, pointing at the two piles of dust.
“ Why not?” he joked.
Her only answer, she hit him gently on his shoulder.
Finally, they decided to come back home.

“ If I’m not wrong, someone had talked ‘bout an unforgettable night!” she said, throwing on a chair both of her jacket and sweatshirt, remaining with a deep red tanktop, very low-necked.
She was happy to notice that Spike seemed to like that a lot, ‘cause he couldn’t take his eyes off her.
“ So, what’s your plan?” she asked, laying on the sofa in a provocative way.
He took off his coat, but instead of approaching her as she expected, he went to the kitchen, coming back with a tub of ice cream and a spoon in his hands.
“ Well, we could start, eating some ice cream…” he said, coming close to her, opening the tub.
“ Eating ice cream? Although ice cream is always good… it doesn’t seem a so unforgettable thing to me!” she commented, a bit disappointed.
Ignoring her words, he took a spoonful, approaching it to her, but instead of addressing it to her mouth, he poured it from a side of her neck to her shoulder.
“ Did I mention we are gonna do it * my way* ?” he sneered, bending on her to start sucking it his way.
Her warm skin, twice as cooled by the ice cream and his lips made her shiver and made her hot at the same time.
“ Oh my god!” she moaned.
When he was done, she pulled him to her, taking him by the nape and she kissed him savagely, taking off his shirt without breaking the kiss.
She broke it first, taking a spoon of ice cream, caressing his chest.
“ Can I..?” she asked.
“ You can’t!” he summoned her, but before she could say something, he smiled.
“ You * must*!”
So, she covered his pale and smooth chest with ice cream, and when she started licking it away, he felt in seventh heaven.
They repeated the operation on each other several times; although that was chocolate ice cream, they didn’t need its aphrodisiac effect at all!
“ Now, there’s only a thing to do!” he exclaimed, lifting her in his arms and going upstairs, letting in the bathroom.
They took their remaining clothes off and had a shower together, where they spent another good time.

After cleaning and drying each other, she dragged him on her bed with her.
“ Spike, I want you!” she whispered and he didn’t need to be told twice.
That was the last night they could spend together, without worrying ‘bout anything: so, that time they made it even with more transport and passion, so much that, when he was on the edge, he felt his demon surfacing.
He stopped immediately and when she opened her eyes again to figure out what had happened, she saw him in full game-face.
Without saying anything, he was about to go.
“ Don’t!” she said, holding his hand and pulling him to her.
“ I’ve said I want you.” and she started caressing his now bumpy face.
“ .. All of you!” she smiled.
“ Buffy, I can’t, I don’t wanna hurt you!”, he protested.
“ Don’t worry! First, you need it, I know, then.. you can. The chip won’t hurt you ‘cos you won’t hurt me.. I ..want it!” she admitted, exposing her neck.
“ Oh Buffy!” he growled, taking her in his arms.
She moved her hips with his, while his mouth was on her neck.
His lips had only skimmed it, but he felt her tensing.
Instead of biting her immediately, with a big self control he made his game-face melt away and he kissed her deeply, descending from her mouth to her neck again.
When he felt her relaxing under his kisses, he first nibbled her neck with his blunt teeth, and then he let his fangs descend.
Buffy expected a sharp pain (with the Master and even with Angel it had been painful), but all she felt was a weak little puncture immediately replaced by an unbelievable pleasure.
She couldn’t help moaning while he tasted her blood.
When he pulled him out of her, it seemed to early to Buffy.
“ Thank you!” he whispered in her neck.
His human face coming back and he licked the two small wounds.
Then, he cut his chest with a sharp fingernail and the blood started coming out bit by bit.
She questioned him with her eyes.
“ Your turn, pet!” he smiled sweetly.
“ What? I’m not gonna taste you!”, she summoned him, although she couldn’t help looking at his small wound.
“ C’mon! There’s nothing bad in it, it’s not dangerous. I just want you to taste me!” he said softly, bringing her head to his chest.
She was about to do it, but she stopped few inches from the cut, watching him uncertain.
“ Please Buffy, do it. You know you want it, too, then.. for a vampire, this is a prove of lo… loyalty!” he explained, correcting himself at the last word.
She was sure he wanted to say ‘love’, so she had no doubt anymore: she approached her lips to his wound, tasting few drops of his blood and they both liked that.
“ Now, I’m inside you, Buffy!” he smiled, lifting her chin with a finger.
“ As I’m inside you, Spike! You know.. I should hate myself for that, ‘cos this is terribly wrong, but suddenly it seems so right to me!” she confessed, holding him tight.
Hugging her, he suddenly noticed the alarm clock: it was 3 am!
“ It’s rather late, pet. You’d better sleep.” he suggested.
“ Maybe..” she yawned, taking the alarm clock and setting it for the next day. or better, the afternoon.
“ I hadn’t drunk enough coffee to stay up with you ‘till dawn, I really wanted to!” she apologized.
His only answer, he kissed her forehead, tucking her up in bed.
“ ‘ Night pet, tomorrow will be a hard day!” he whispered.
“ I wish tomorrow never came..” she mumbled in her sleep.

TBC