MONDAY

Buffy got up and she obviously found Spike still sleeping. She watched him with a great attention: he seemed so innocent right then.
She fought the urge to pass a hand through those beautiful almost white hair, a little ruffled, and she made her decision.
She approached him, being careful not to awake him for any reason, so she started cutting the several ropes and unlocking the padlocks of his chains.
Satisfied with her work, she departed to do her chores.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the afternoon she settled into the sofa, opening a school book, although it wasn’t what she cared most at that moment: she wouldn’t ever lost Spike’s face for any reason in the world! And she hadn’t to wait for so long.
After an half hour Spike popped his eyes open, feeling a great need to stretch, which he thought was impossible.
But when, almost not realizing, he managed to do that, he watched first his hands, then the pieces of ropes and the chains under the chair and finally the blonde girl, sat in front of him.
In his look she could read a huge thankfulness that also seemed to hide a big diffidence.
“ Ok pet, where’s the hook?” he asked, without even trying to get up.
“ Relax, there’s no hook; it’s only that you tied in that way reminded a knick-knack to me, and I don’t like knick-knacks.
Plus.. I guess it’s not fun being so still doing nothing all time long!” she explained, while he was already up, walking back and forth in the living room to stretch his legs.
“ Anyway, don’t dare to escape! And don’t try anything funny or you end up again on a chair chained, tied, handcuffed, gagged and blindfolded; did you get my drift?”, she immediately clarified.
“ Well, you have nothing to worry about, Slayer! I’m not going anywhere, because as funny as it can be.. actually here for me is safer than anywhere else.. not to mention your TV is bigger than mine!” he confessed with a smirk, stroking his wrists and massaging his neck.
“ Although.. the idea of being tied, chained, handcuffed, gagged and blindfolded by you sounds bloody good… especially if you do it to me on a bed, instead of on a chair!” he said with a silken voice, grinning.
“ Spike! You’re a pig!” she exclaimed, trying her best to hide the arousal effect that voice, that words and that look had on her. In fact, she didn’t fool him.
“ Yeah! And you seem to like that in me!” he stroke back.
“ Uh! Well,.. I think I’m going to study in my room!” a very embarrassed Buffy said, before running upstairs as quickly as she could.

After ‘bout an hour (that she spent skimming through the book, without memorizing a single word), she popped her head from her door, just in time to see the blond vampire approaching the front entrance.
“ HEY! WHERE THE HELL D’YOU THINK YOU’RE GOING?”, she yelled from the banisters.
He started: “ Bloody Hell, Slayer! Is that the way to call someone?”, he protested, but she stared at him, still waiting for an answer.
“ I wasn’t trying to escape, if it’s what you think. I just wanted to go on the porch, ‘cos I’m sure you wouldn’t like me to do it inside ..”, he justified, showing her the cigarette and the lighter.
“ You know, now the sun is set.. and the withdrawal is killing me.. it’s worse than the bloodlust, believe me! I hadn’t smoked for something like 4 days.. try to understand!” he begged her.
Buffy was dumbfounded: she expected an escape attempt from him, instead he just wanted to go outside ‘cos he knew it wouldn’t be nice to smoke inside the house.

< Since when is Spike so.. polite?> she wondered, allowing him to go.

After a quarter he hadn’t come back yet, but before she could start worrying, the door opened and Spike let in, visibly satisfied.
“ Feel better?”, she asked rhetorically.
“ A lot!”, he smiled.

On dinner time Buffy headed to the kitchen to make a sandwich for her and few minutes after Spike reached her, whistling happily while he was warming his dinner in the microwave.
She watched him curiously, then she lost herself in her thoughts once more.

< Now he doesn’t need me to feed him anymore, fine! I hated doing that, sitting on his lap, watching him drinking… I hated it.. right? C’mon, I can’t * miss * that! This is Spike, remember? Big Bad Vampire, Killer of Two Slayers, Mortal Enemy, piercing deep blue eyes, hot accent, sexy lips.. Oh no! Here we go again with the sexy stuff.. Bad Buffy!>

He noticed he was observed, but he said nothing, going to the living room with the mug.

As every night, she made herself ready to patrol: “ I gotta go. Well, make yourself at home.. just don’t do anything too bad!”, she implored, opening the door.
“ I’ll be a good boy, have fun!”, he greeted her.
“ Thank you, see ya later, bye!”, she returned his greeting, without even noticing she had blown a kiss to him before exiting, like she used to do with her mom and friends.
But he had noticed it and he didn’t seem vexed at all.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She had found odd to see him whistling; what she saw when she came back was even more absurd: she found Spike quietly sat on the sofa, watching TV, holding a bowl of ice cream .
“ Welcome back, Slayer!” he exclaimed, but she didn’t say anything, carrying on staring at him, astonished.
“ Wassup? Why that look? And anyway, bloody stop gazing at me!” he summoned her.
“ Do you like… ice cream? It’s odd, I wouldn’t have ever thought it!”.
“ You know, I may be a bloodsucker, but there’s lots of other things I like doing. Eating is one of them and.. I have a fondness for ice cream!” he admitted, eating a spoonful.
“ Really? And what else do you like to do? Enlighten me!” she asked, sitting beside him and stealing a spoon of his ice cream; that made both of them smile.
“ Ok. I like reading, watching TV, listening to music, dancing, singing, playing guitar..”
“ Well, that’s new! You mean you use the guitar as a torture instruments for your victims, right?”, she cut him, laughing.
“ Hey! Believe me or not, but I’m a really good player! Too bad I’ve lost it, but if I ever get my un-life back, when I find another guitar you will be welcome to my new crypt to enjoy one of my performances!”
“ I take you at word! Plus, now you have made me very curious..”
Then they both turn their attention to what was on TV: it was a Quiz Show and they decided to challenge each other to answer to more questions.
They both looked smart, Spike with the ones ‘bout sport and general culture, Buffy with the ones ‘bout music, V.I.P. ’s life and movies.
They also ad fun making witty comments about the show and the competitors.
Between laughter, it was getting late for her.
“ I’ve spent a nice night, thank you! Anyway, now it’s bed time for me!”, she said.
“ Of course, pet. Thank you for the company and sleep well!”
“ ‘Night, Spike!” she greeted him from the stairs.

TBC