Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimers: I obviously do not own or claim to own any of the people, places or events written for BTVS or Angel. I do own all original people, places, and events in my stories. If I borrow from another writer I claim no ownership they own what I borrow and will have credit for it. I think that covers it.
"Choosing Destiny hit the stores yesterday and The Book Store is the last place where you can get an autographed copy. This will be Mr. Price's last appearance until his new book The Man Within The Monster hits stores in three months. The Book Store also still has copies of his first book Choosing Sacrifices for sale but supplies are limited. Mr. Price will be signing books from noon until four today and the lines are already forming." The television newsman said before turning to Spike.

"Mr. Price, Your first book is about a girl over coming huge obstacles to find herself, your second is about a boy and his fight to be come a man. You are starting a new series but will there be any more to the Becoming series?" Spike smiles at the camera.

He tightened his hold on Buffy's waist before speaking "I do have ideas for three more in that series but I have to research and talk with the persons I shape my stories about. When I fashion a story after a person I feel morally obligated to let them be part of the creative process and keep out bits that may be too personal. As for my new series I have five planned for it as well. These will be a bit more for the Anne Rice crowd than my first series."

"Well it looks as if the doors are opening. I hope you will have time to answer a few more questions before you leave?" The man asked Spike nodded a yes before taking his seat.

The man turned back to talk to the camera while Buffy took her place behind Spike and silently made eye contact with the six other Slayers in the room. Orders given the Slayers moved in to position. Spike's contract requires him to make five book signings and two Television appearances for each book that comes out. Buffy and six other Slayers always go with him for "security".

Most of the time it is more for a vacation-shopping spree. Different girls earn the privilege each time. One week of Slayage free hotel room service, clubs, movies, and a thousand dollars to shop with. All they have to do is keep the throngs of fans away from Spike and Buffy. Not like the two could not handle it themselves but less people got hurt this way.

It had been almost a year ago that Buffy claimed him as her mate. Almost a year since his heart started beating again. Willow had preformed a hand fasting of sorts for the two of them with the simple silver bands that Spike had picked out, he had them engraved with entwined hearts and crosses, and Willow had placed a protection spell on them as well. Spike had talked to the other Slayers and let them know the plans today had changed. Spike signed the last book and waited for the final interview to take place.

The newsman turned to them again. "Mr. Price, one thing your fans want to know is who are these women you travel with?" Spike grinned at Buffy He looked at the girls who now had made a semicircle around the two keeping between them and the fans.

The news teams and the wall blocked the other side. Spike had planed on waiting but he never was much with the patience. He spun around to face Buffy and dropped to one knee. Buffy would have rolled her eyes if everyone was not staring at her. She knew he was up to something but that it could not be what everyone else thought was going to happen.

"Buffy Anne Summers, over the last several years we have been through a lot together. We both have changed and grown up a lot. We have fought and argued and tried to kill each other, we have died and lived for each other, above all we have loved each other. This last year has been a whirlwind. One year ago you claimed me as your mate in the ways of my kind, now I ask you to let me claim you in the ways of our kind. " Spike asked her looking more serious than she ever remembered seeing him. "Marry me, my love?"

Buffy stared in stunned silence while most of the woman in the store held their breath in awe and jealousy waiting for her answer. Buffy swore she must be dreaming or this was a publicity stunt because Her Spike could not be doing what this man was doing. She had dreamed he would but never imagined he actually would.

Her thought babble was cut off when Spike pinched her butt. Buffy squeaked and a giggle broke out in the crowd. Spike lowered his voice so only she could hear. "No to both questions, pet" He knew her so well he could almost hear her thoughts. When he spoke to her again his voice was starting to shake with emotion but had not raised any.

"Love, you know I have lived a long time. This is the first, last, and only time I will ever ask this question of anyone." He held out a box with a ring that would match the one she already wore. It was silver and held three stones, one green like her eyes, one blue like his and one diamond in the middle. Tears began to spill over Buffy's cheeks as it all sunk in to her brain. She could not speak. One look into her eyes and Spike had her answer.

He took her hand and removed the hand fasting ring. He then slipped the engagement ring and the hand fasting ring back into place on her left hand. He must have been rising to his feet as he did so because as soon as the ring was on her finger she was in his arms as the crowd cheered.

When he let her go so they both could breath, Buffy finally found her voice "Yes" she said before he turned them to the newsman again. "Sorry mate, had not planned to do that here but I’ve never been a patience person to answer your question, this is Buffy Anne Summers. We have known each other for a long time and been seeing each other for about three years now. As you saw she is also now my fiancée. As for the other girls, they are our security team. I have different ones each time. They are also extended family to Buffy and myself. Word of caution we all trust each other with our lives. These girls are a lot stronger and more highly skilled than they appear. They each are instructed in several fighting styles and win competitions. To underestimate them is to get yourself hurt. To hurt them is to bring a wrath down the powers themselves would fear. Now if your will excuse us we have a wedding to plan."

Buffy was back in Slayer mode. She and the girls took Spike back out to the car. They piled in behind him and all left for the Hotel.

The news was all over about Buffy and Spike's engagement, they would not be able to leave the Hotel tonight. The private dinning room in the hotel was set up for the group to have dinner and they were moved to a more secure suite. Though still on alert the girls sitting around the table with Spike and Buffy looked as relaxed and carefree as girls their age should be. The newsman from The Book Store was allowed into a special room to do interviews with the girls. They were warned about what not to say but said it was no problem. Buffy and Spike sat off to the side curled on the couch.

They declined an interview but insisted they be there while the crew spoke with the girls. Most of the girls told similar stories. Born in this town or city, those with watchers called them tutors who started them in specialized training. All told them of how their "application" to the Joyce Summer's school for gifted young women was accepted.

Told them of living in the dorms and studying histories, language, philosophy, mixed with physical training in several forms of martial arts and various fighting styles. Most told some story of hurting someone because they did not realize their own strength and how the training helps them learn to control and respect that strength.

They told of all the extracurricular classes they where learning about. I9th century poetry, equestrian classes, art classes, sciences, computers. How the school is very exclusive but the curriculum is tailored to the individual skills and interest of each girl.