Author's Chapter Notes:
God, it's been an incredibly long time. Due to some intense things in my life, delving headfirst into past mistakes with this story haven't been on the top of my priority list, apologies all around for the delay.
With a quick turn of the doorknob to her own house, Buffy rushed in with Spike close behind. She could tell he was holding his emotions about Drusilla and Angel deep within himself and she wished she could do the same, but she had sniffed the entire way home.

"He slept with her before, right?...Spike...he slept with her before?....so it wasn't her that he lost it to?" she asked nervously, not sure how he'd react.

"Yeah, Buffy, they slept together plenty of times," he replied blatantly, a bitter tone prevalent in his answer.

Buffy looked up at him, almost afraid to make him lash out by mistake. At that same moment he chose to look down at her and fell into her big green eyes, taking note of how, with the salt water welling in the bottom, they looked like black lagoons with a beatiful green brim.

"I need you, Spike. Don't shut down on me now, k?" she whispered, looking down. She felt ashamed to be so honest with him, knowing that he wasn't ready to experience such heavy words with her again.

"K, princess," he said, half-heartedly, hoping he could keep his word.

---

"Aingeal is Gaelic, which makes complete sense, considering Angel's Irish heritage...but why not his given name? Why not Angelus?" Giles wondered aloud, not really speaking to any of the four seated in front of him.

"You know, I think it's pretty childish of Angel to change his name every time he turns evil, like a comic book character or something....except he doens't even come with a costume or anything, we can all still tell it's him...even if we only saw his shadow, cas...his hair," Xander rambled, trying to make light of the incredible fear that gripped his entire self.

Melanie took his hand, nervous herself. She had never seen any of the group this scared before...they'd apparantly been to hell and back, quite literally, and one vampire shook them all this much? "Weird," she mumbled, shaking her head when everyone turned their attention to her.

Willow kept looking over her shoulder and around the room, she knew Angel had snuck into her own bedroom last time and wasn't about to lose any fish this time. A pang of guilt hit her gut like a pound of steel, realizing that whilst she was worrying about losing fish or being scared to her wit's end, Giles was dealing with the loss of Miss Calendar all over again. Without a second thought, Willow was on her feet, standing behind the older gentleman with a reassurring hand on his shoulder.

"We miss her, too, Giles. And everyone's going to do a better job this time. Buffy's less jaded than last time and Spike's here to help as well," Willow offered, trying to believe that everything would be okay. Her mind immediately shot back to their earlier argument and Buffy's childish sentiments. Drawing a deep breath, she squeezed Giles' shoulder just ever so slightly tighter.

"Less jaded? If she's what you'd refer to as 'less jaded' now, what was she doing then? Acting in kiddie porn and shooting smack all at the same time? The girl is an alcoholic, a ho, and is slowly developing a close relationship with coke!" Kennedy shouted, clearly overwhelmed by the denial and intense emotions flying around the room. "Sorry to be the logical one, but the slayer I met, the Buffy who harshly trained me on how not to give in to weaknesses, would've spit on herself now."

"Kennedy," Willow started.

"She's right, unfortunately, we need a back-up plan. The only reason Buffy seemed to be doing well now is because she had Spike standing by her side. We all know that if he breaks down or rolls out, she's all 'hell on wheels' again," Xander said, shrugging his shoulders. He didn't want to appear to care less about Buffy, but truth be told, that's how she had treated all of them since Spike had left her. They could beg her to stop all the terrible things she'd been doing to herself and she'd talk about how she had nothing, clearly reinforcing the fact that without Spike, nothign mattered to her...least of all the concern of her longtime friends. He couldn't believe it at first, now he just couldn't believe that they even wanted to bother with her anymore, after she'd so easily dismissed them. Willow said she was just hurting too badly to invite them into herself, Melanie said he should be more understanding because judging didn't help anyone, but Kennedy had been on his page since day one.

"It's clear that something needs to be done on all fronts, both with and without Buffy's assistance," Giles broke in, clearly uncomfortable with the way his slayer was being spoken about, true or not.

---


"I want to steal the sunshine Angel," Drusilla murmured from the neck of a victim freshly killed.

"Now you're just stealing lines from bad songs of the late 90s, Dru. Buffy and Spike are our last concern in this town, we've got business to attend to and I thought you understood that well before we came here," Angel hissed.

"Mmmmm," Dru purred, knowingly. "Daddy wants to take his sunshine and my prince and keep them all to his self. Well jus because you tell them a different name doesn't mean that they can't see inside," she sang, tapping the place where his heart chose not to beat.

"I don't want anything but for them to stay out of our way, since that won't be the case, we'll deal with them when the time comes, but until that point, we're staying away. She'll come to us, she can't help it, besides, from what I've heard, she's been making some pretty big debts with my people in this town, so we've got nothing to worry about," Angel smiled, taking Dru's hand.

Pulling her hand away as if she'd touched a hot stove, she shreiked, "When did money matter more than blood Angel? When? Currency is currency, but I prefer mine hot and crying, not green and worthless!"

"Really lady?" a lackey said from behind Angel. "Cas I prefer mine the opposite," he smiled as he struck Angel in the back of the head with a piece of piping, "and Aingeal ain't paid up as promised." He smiled wickedly as he approached Drusilla, thinking she was just a normal groupie vamp that he could have his way with. She smiled, knowing she'd tear him to shreds before Angel even had the chance to start stirring.