PART 2
(Lyrics taken from “Blood Sex and Booze” and “ PopRocks&Coke”, both by Greenday)

That was one of those nights, but leaving home Buffy found Willow on her way.
“ Buffy, I’ve found you just in time!”
“ Why? What happened?”
“ Oh, nothing, don’t worry! It’s just that I want you to come to the Bronze tonight: Oz and his group are going to play!”
“ Well, I’ve already seen them playing.. not that they’re not good, they’re great..”
“Yeah, I know.. but tonight they’re gonna do some new stuff, it’s real cool, you can’t miss it!” Willow said, a bit too excited.
Buffy didn’t seem to believe her much: Willow hadn’t ever cared much about the fact her friends saw Oz playing, and she had never been so persistent.
“ Well, I’ll try to be there, ok?” the blonde promised.
“ Ok, don’t take too long. Now, where are you going?”
“ I’m going to Sp..” Buffy started replying, but she was so lost in thought that she was about to reveal everything.
“.. spoil the fun to demons, as always!” she corrected herself immediately.
“ You always work, it’s not right; you should have more fun! Hope to see ya later!”
“ I’ll try, promise. Bye.”
Neither Willow seemed too convinced of her friend’s words: she was too much in high spirits to go to a simple banal patrol.
In fact, Buffy was beside herself with curiosity ‘cos Spike had told her he had got a surprise for her and she hadn’t done anything but wondering what it was all day long.
That night there would have been no patrol.

“ Finally, you’re here!” Spike greeted her when he saw her coming in his crypt.
“ Do you remember our conversation ‘bout my hobbies?”
“ Sure..” she answered, then she gasped.
“ You mean that..”
“ Exactly!” he replied showing her an electric guitar.
“ I’ve found it at the dump!” he explained.
She watched the guitar with great attention, then she looked at him and finally at the guitar once again.
She narrowed her eyes.
“ It seems too much new for being in a dump! Honestly, have you stolen it?”
“ ‘Stolen’ is such a big word! Let’s say that I went to the Music Store, and after seeing my yellow eyes and pointy teeth the sales clerk seemed very willingly to give the guitar to me free. Sometimes people can be so generous!” he said with the most innocent of the looks.
“ Spike!” she exclaimed with a blaming tone, crossing her arms.
“ What? I didn’t bloody kill anyone.. and I also have a Big Bad reputation to defend!” he justified, making her smile.
“ So, why don’t you sing to me something?”
“ Don’t expect anything of sodding Boy Bands and stuff like that!”
“ I don’t. Just bring me in your Punk Rock Crazy World!” she said, sitting on his coffin.
“ Who knows? You might like that!” he smiled, verifying that the guitar was tuned correctly.
“ Show starts!” he warned, starting playing a song he liked a lot.
Since the first note, Buffy began moving her head, following the rhythm.

Waiting in a room
All dressed up and bound and gagged
To a chair
It’s so unfair

Buffy almost laughed: those lyrics sounded very familiar to her.

I won’t dare a move, for the pain
She puts me through
It’s what I need
So, make it bleed

Buffy was fascinated by every single change of chord of his. She had to admit that Spike was a really good player and a fantastic great singer, too.

I’m in distress, oh Mistress
I confess, so do it one more time
These handcuffs are too tight, well
You know I will obey, so please
Don’t make me beg
For more Blood, Sex and Booze you give me
Some say I’m disturbed
But it’s what I deserve, another lesson
To be learned, from a girl called kill

He finished, eager to know what she thought about it.
She started clapping.
“ You’re wonderful, really! And I liked the rhythm, too! Maybe that song ‘s a bit violent, no doubt you love it!” she said ironically.
“ Anyway, couldn’t you sing to me something a little more romantic? After all, you’re supposed to serenade me!” she asked, without expecting much from him.
But he surprised her.
“ I’ve got the special one! It makes me think of you every time I listen to it, since when I heard it first, and it was a long time ago. Hope you’ll feel the same..” he said, moving the guitar lever to get a more acoustic sound.
In fact, since the simple intro, Buffy realized it was a sweeter song.. and she hadn’t heard the lyrics yet!

Where you go, you know I’ll be there
If you go far, you know I’ll be there
I’ll go anywhere
So I’ll see ya there
You name the place, you know I’ll be there
You name the time, you know I’ll be there
I’ll go anywhere,
So I’ll see ya there

Those lyrics and most of all his silken voice send Buffy to ecstasy.
He was right: that song seemed to be written for them: after all, Spike had always been there for her; no matter if at the beginning only to try to kill her!
And even if sometimes he had left the town, then he had always come back.
And through that song he was making a solemn promise to her: he wouldn’t have ever left her, anymore.

I don’t care if you don’t mind
I’ll be there, not far behind
I’ll be there, keep in mind
I’ll be there for you
When there’s a true, you know I’ll be there

Suddenly the sound turned into pure rock and Buffy seemed even happy: she was definitely starting to like that kind of music, and she got up, starting to jump and wag.
That delighted Spike.

Among the lies, you know I’ll be there
I’ll go anywhere,
So I’ll see ya there
I don’t care if you don’t mind
I’ll be there, not far behind
I’ll be there, keep in mind
I’ll be there for you

During the musical bridge he approached her playing and she danced, rubbing herself against him.

If you should fall, you know I’ll be there
To catch your call, you know I’ll be there
I’ll go anywhere,
So I’ll see ya there
I don’t care if you don’t mind
I’ll be there, not far behind
I’ll be there, keep in mind
I don’t care

The sound came back melodic and his eyes never left hers ‘till the end of the song.

I’ll be there for you
I’ll be there for you
I’ll be there for you

That time there was no clapping: she simply pulled him to her for a long passionate kiss.
“ I was dating a rock star and I didn’t even know it!”
“ Well pet, if you behave I’ll give you my autograph..” he said putting the guitar on the coffin and kissing her tenderly; then he threw her on his bed, without activating the chip: they both knew that in that gesture there wasn’t any intention to hurt her.
“.. and maybe something more!” he said, straddling her, pressing his body against hers.
“ Pig!” she giggled kissing him, while they were taking off each other clothes.

When they finished she glanced at her watch.
“ Damn! It’s nearly 11 p.m., I must go to the Bronze, I promised Willow I’d pop around..”
“ Ducks, you can’t carry on that way, you’re tiring you too much, you should tell them ‘bout us!” he said, concern in his eyes.
“ I know, but not now… I’m too afraid..”
“ To lose them!” he finished her sentence, looking hurt.
“ No, to lose * you *!” she clarified hugging him.
“ One day they’ll know, I promise, but not now..” she said coming out the crypt.
And then she came back running.
“ I almost forgot: tomorrow mom leaves again. D’you know what it means? My house is free!” she smiled.
“ I’ll be back for 11 ‘bout, just the time to show up to my friends, then I’ll found a way to leave. See ya there, ok?”
“ Sure, sunshine!” he replied kissing her goodbye.

“ Hi guys! I’ve been as quick as possible!” Buffy exclaimed, reaching the Bronze running and sitting at her friend’s table, between Willow and Anya.
“ Wassup, anything new?”
“ You’ve just missed the opportunity to get into a really cute guy’s pants!” Anya answered, shocking everyone.
“ Wh-what?” Buffy asked dumbfounded.
“ Oh! She just wanted to say that Riley was here until few minutes ago..” Willow clarified.
“Riley?” Buffy asked even more dumbfounded.
“ Hello? Riley, that light brown haired nice guy you have recently met at University..”
“ Willow, I know who Riley is, the question is * why * was he here? Unless.. sure! You have a hand in it; that’s why you wanted me to be here tonight, am I right?” the blonde asked.
“ Ok, you’re right. It’s just that he’s got a thing for you and I decided to help! You seem almost angry with me!”
“ I’m not angry, Will, you’ve been very nice. It’s just that I didn’t expected it!”
“ I think you should date a guy and you and him could be a wonderful couple!” Willow explained excited for her friend.
“ Anyway, I’m glad he hadn’t found me.. I’m not interested..” Buffy tried to explain.
“ Why not? I don’t understand, you seemed to like him a lot..”
“ Maybe at the beginning, but now I’ve changed my mind. Thanks anyway, Will!”
“ Suit yourself! I mean.. he’s cute, he’s intelligent, and he seems a real good guy.. what’s wrong with him?” the red grumbled perplexed.

< Simple: he’s not Spike! > Buffy thought with a smile, shrugging her shoulders.

No one talked ‘bout it anymore for the rest of the night.
“ It’s getting late, guys. I must go!” Buffy said watching the clock.
Willow offered to go with her.
On their way back home, Buffy couldn’t help humming the last song Spike had played for her, singing the lyrics she remembered.
Willow noticed that.
“ Buffy, you carry on singing that song, why?”
“ Uh? Well, it’s stuck in my mind, it’s not my fault!” she justified.
“ Where have you heard it? “
“ I heard it at Sp.. ‘Special Music For You’, a new radio station I’ve found casually. I began listening to that song and now I adore it!” Buffy explained, praising herself for finding a so brilliant answer.
“ Anyway, I recognized the song, a punk-rock group sings that.. since when do you like punk-rock music?” Willow asked surprised.
“ It’s not so bad, after all.. and anyway, can’t I change my tastes in music?” Buffy replied.
“ Hey, I’m arrived home. Thank you again for the night. See ya tomorrow, goodnight!” Buffy greeted her, dashing to her house: she couldn’t have stood another question from her friend.

TBC