Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi all! Thank you so much for your reviews of the last chapter. I was so stoked to see that people are still tuning in. Now you get a nice spuffy reward. I hope you enjoy!
Chapter Fourteen

As they drove home that afternoon Buffy was groaning into her hands. “I can’t believe you got suspended. Your Dad is gonna freak.”

Spike cringed momentarily. “Yeah he will at first. But once I explain to him why I punched Angel he’ll be okay. Plus it’s only for this week. If anything he’ll probably be all proud that I was defending your honour.”

Giggling, Buffy put on her best sappy heroine voice. “My hero.”

“Damn right.” Spike nodded emphatically.

“Still…suspension sucks.”

“I think Principal Wood only suspended me because he felt he had to. He seemed more worried about me hurting my chances of getting into a good college by getting into fights than he did about the damage I did to Angel’s face.”

Buffy laughed. “At least it’s all over now.”

Glancing at her sideways Spike asked curiously, “How did you convince Angel to tell people that someone else started the rumours and that they weren’t true. It’s like he’s making out that the four of us are good friends and that we helped he and Dru find their way back to each other.’”

Buffy shrugged mysteriously. “Oh, I just informed Angel of what would happen to him if he didn’t fix things.” She looked very proud of herself. “He was quite unmanned by the whole thing.”

Spike laughed loudly, shaking his head. “You’re amazing, you know that?”

“I do,” Buffy replied with mock arrogance. “But you can tell me any time you like.”

As Spike turned into Buffy’s driveway she moved to a more serious topic. “How about on Saturday we spend the day together. We can go to the gym early in the morning. Study for the rest of the day so I can catch you up on what you’ve missed in class. Then we can order pizza and watch bad movies all night.”

Spike smiled at her enthusiasm. “Sounds like a plan pet. Count me in.”

**********

Left foot, right foot. Left foot, right foot. Spike tried to concentrate on his breathing as he pounded out an ever growing distance on the treadmill. Again and again his gaze was irresistibly drawn back to Buffy as she participated in the yoga class being held in the large carpeted area right in front of him.

She was side on to him so he could see her in profile. Her trim, toned body was accentuated by her form fitting workout gear. Currently she was in the upward dog position. Lying flat on her front with pointed toes, she’d lifted her upper body off the floor by straightening her arms. Her face was lifted toward the ceiling, the very picture of concentration. Spike could see her chest straining forward as she held the position, her buttocks quivering with tension as she kept her knees up off the floor.

At a word from the instructor she moved with a smooth motion into the downward dog position. Rolling onto her toes she pushed back on her arms and lifted her butt in the air until she formed a perfect upside down V. Staring at her perfectly formed arse sticking up in the air, her legs slightly parted, Spike couldn’t help but imagine stepping up to her from behind. She was at the perfect height. He could easily grasp her hips in his hands, press himself against her. Feel the gentle trembling of her body against him.

Picking up speed Spike forced himself to look at the screen that tracked his progress, hoping to God the strain on his body would prevent him from getting an erection right there in the gym.

Left foot, right foot. Left foot, right foot.

**********

Buffy could only stare in amusement as Spike wolfed down the blueberry pancakes he’d ordered for breakfast at the café they’d gone to after leaving the gym.

Spying a crumb clinging to the corner of his mouth she found herself imagining cleaning it up for him. With her tongue. She could almost taste the traces of maple syrup, feel the smooth texture of his lips. When his own tongue darted out to collect the crumb Buffy quickly stifled a groan.

“Everything okay love?”

Snapping back to reality she gasped, feeling her face go red with embarrassment. “Fine,” she blurted out. “Shall we head back to my place? Hit the books?”

**********

Spike watched Buffy chew on her bottom lip as she worked on a particularly tricky algebra problem. I wouldn’t mind a taste of that lip, he thought hungrily. The end of his pen tapped restlessly against his notebook, eventually drawing Buffy’s attention.

Seeing him staring at her she blushed. “Spike? Are you finished already?”

A slow, lazy smile spread over Spike’s face as he shook his head. “No.” After a long pause he sighed dramatically and made a show of returning to his work.

Buffy smiled in pleasure at his obvious attentions, suddenly finding her own concentration had disappeared.

**********

“Goodnight kids.” Joyce paused on her way up the stairs. “William will I be finding you on my couch in the morning?”

Spike grinned sheepishly. “Probably. We rented way too many movies for one night.”

Joyce chuckled. “Okay. Well you know where everything is. I’ll be expecting some of your special hot chocolate at breakfast.”

“No problem there. I’ll make it extra chocolaty just for you,” Spike called as Joyce disappeared up the stairs.

Buffy entered the lounge room with a giant bowl of freshly made popcorn in her hands. “Hey buster. What about me? Don’t I warrant extra chocolate?”

“That depends.” Spike grinned saucily. “What do I get out of it?”

Buffy’s breath caught as a hundred different answers hovered on the tip of her tongue. Things she would love to do to earn herself a sweet treat. Finally, opting to throw his question back at him, she sauntered over and sat on the couch beside him. Leaning closer, so she was just short of invading his personal space, she asked, “What would you like me to do?”

Disconcerted by the innocent expression that cloaked her blatantly sexual question Spike could only stare at her, lost for words. Her lips twitched upward and his eyes dropped to her full inviting mouth. Spike knew that if he didn’t tighten the reigns on his dubious self-control he’d be pouncing on her in ways that would surely bring her mother back downstairs to throw him out of her house. Gulping, Spike forced himself to turn his whole body toward the television. “Maybe we should start the movie.”

A chuckle sounded beside him and he thought he heard a mumbled “chicken” before Buffy pressed play on the remote and curled up on the couch beside him as the credits started to roll.

**********

“Spike? Would you come back in ghostly form to save me like Patrick Swayze did for Demi Moore?”

“In a heartbeat pet.”

She peeked up at him from her place on his shoulder. “Really?”

He stroked her cheek softly. “I would slay dragons for you.”

Though he spoke quietly Buffy could hear the resolve in his voice and knew he spoke the truth. Feeling safe and protected she closed her eyes and sighed contentedly, a sweet smile gracing her lips.

Unable to stop himself Spike lowered is head, pressing his lips against hers in a feather-light kiss. When he straightened he found her watching him quietly from beneath droopy lids. Dipping his head again he quested for her mouth and found her lips parted in invitation. When their tongues met she made a small sound of pleasure in the back of her throat. Twining her left arm around his neck she held him closer, deepening their kiss.

With a quiet groan Spike pulled her up beside him, rolling them until they lay side by side on the couch. Their bodies flush against one another on the narrow cushions.

For long moments they lay staring at each other in the dim light cast by the television. Both knew that if they went any further there would be no going back. This was not the red hot lust of pounding music and sexy clothing. It was not the giddy infatuation of flirtation and innuendo. Nor was it the comfort of friendship and trust. This was just them. Buffy and Spike. This was real.

Spike reached up to run his thumb over her bottom lip. Buffy’s heart was pounding in her chest, her body trembling with need.

“Buffy,” he whispered.

“Yes?”

He moved closer, nuzzling her lips with his own. His fingers slid along her neck, causing her to shiver violently. “Do you feel it?”

She knew what he was talking about. The electricity that was sparking between them. That had been growing and strengthening for weeks now. Passion. Naked, raw, deep.

Grasping his bicep with an unsteady hand Buffy licked her lips nervously. “I feel it.”

With a muffled groan Spike captured her mouth once again, delighting when she responded with fervour. His hand explored her body slowly, treasuring the discovery of each dip and curve. When he reached her hip Spike’s fingertips dug into her hungrily. Bending one knee he slipped it between her legs, fitting their hips together before he began to move.

Gasping loudly Buffy tore her mouth from his. Eyes wide, she could only stare at him, new sensations flooding her body as he slowly rocked his hip against her. Tentatively she rolled her hips, meeting his, and was rewarded with a low growl from deep within his throat. Gaining confidence she repeated the movement and soon they were moving together in slow, intense undulations.

Buffy could feel moisture pooling between her legs. Her core throbbed heavily as she rode Spike’s thigh at a leisurely pace. His hand trailed up her body, closing over her breast and she arched into it. Her hard nipple pressed eagerly against his palm and she twisted in pleasure.

Spike captured her mouth once again, mindful of the increasing amount of noise she was making as she writhed against him. He’d never imagined she would respond so completely to his touch and he found himself enthralled by her beauty. Though his body ached, he was driven by the need to simply watch her come apart in his arms.

Breaking their kiss he leaned over to place his lips next to her ear. “Buffy, come for me baby.” As the words left his throat in a husky whisper he simultaneously pinched her nipple between his fingers and lifted his thigh against her, pressing hard against her heat. She began to quake in his arms and Spike swooped down on her mouth just in time to stifle her ardent cries.

Buffy thought she would faint as her body shook with an explosion of ecstasy. Never in her life had she experienced this flood of emotion and rapture, and she wondered absently if she would die from the pleasure. Finally, as the intensity began to ebb she was left feeling warm and satisfied and…loved.

She lifted drowsy lids to find Spike watching her with something akin to awe. “My Buffy,” he whispered. “You’re incredible.”

Buffy smiled tiredly. “Mmmmmm. That was amazing. You’re amazing.”

For a moment they lay quietly, enjoying the intimacy of the moment. Seeing her yawn Spike gently pushed her hair back behind her ear. “You should close your eyes…get some rest.”

“But what about you?” Buffy asked sleepily, still able to feel the hard length of him pressed against her thigh.

“Don’t worry about me,” he replied with a contented sigh. “We have all the time in the world Buffy. And I’m not going anywhere.”

Buffy smiled, even as she drifted off to sleep. “Neither am I.”