Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much to everyone who read and reviewed this story. I’d like to say an extra special thank you to Suzee, DaniD and Dirktavian for their awesome reviewing efforts. You guys really kept me motivated. Also to Gypsy_jin for our apparent psychic connection. I’ll send you vibes next time I’m writing. Finally to brunettepet for coming in at the end there and making my day with her wonderful reviews. I had such a great time writing this one and I will miss it.

For those of you that have read the first eleven chapters of ‘Overcome’, that’s the story I plan to work on finishing next. So hopefully I’ll be updating that one in the next week or so.
Epilogue

“Robin wants to do the exclusive dating thing.”

Willow looked up from pouring sugar into her latte. “Faith that’s fantastic. What did you say?”

Looking oddly contemplative Faith chewed slowly on a piece of muffin. “I told him I’d think about it.”

“What’s there to think about?” Buffy asked. “I’ve never seen you so smitten with a guy. And it’s not like either of you have gone on a date with anyone else in months.”

Faith levelled a disgusted look at Buffy. “Did you just use the word smitten in connection with my name?”

“Oops. I don’t know what I was thinking,” Buffy said in mock dismay, throwing Willow a wink.

“If I say yes it will make it all official.” Faith shivered visibly. “Makes me all antsy.”

Buffy and Willow both smiled good-naturedly at their friend’s reluctance to commit to the man they both knew she was head over heels in love with.

“How do you guys do it?” Faith asked suddenly. “Willow you’ve been with Tara for three years now. And Buffy…you and William have been joined at the hip since you were in high school. How do you stay with one person all that time and not get bored?”

Buffy shrugged and said matter-of-factly, “Well I don’t know about Willow, but I’m having an affair.”

A spoon fell to the table with a loud clatter as Willow and Faith stared at her in shock, their mouths hanging open.

“Y-you’re what?” Willow stammered. “Buffy I thought you were happy with William.”

“I am,” Buffy confirmed with a dreamy expression. “William is the love of my life.”

The confused friends looked at each other, then back at Buffy. Incredulous, Faith asked, “So who are you having the affair with?”

Buffy grinned evilly. “Spike.”

Groans filled the air and Faith waded up her napkin, throwing it at Buffy. “That’s just William’s alter ego. That doesn’t count,” Faith said dismissively.

Buffy just sipped her iced mocha and graced them with her ‘special smile’. “Oh believe me, it counts.”

**********

Buffy swung the door shut behind her as she entered the apartment she’d shared with William since they graduated from college three years ago. Tossing her purse on a table she looked around. “Will, I’m home. Are you here?”

There was no answer and Buffy shrugged. “Guess not,” she murmured. Walking into the kitchen, she opened the fridge and leaned in to look for something to drink.

Without warning an arm snaked around her waist, dragging her back against a hard body. Yelping in surprise Buffy sprang upright just in time for the fridge door to swing shut in front of her. She was nudged forward and gasped as she was pinned between the cool white surface of the fridge and the heat of the body at her back. Her hair was drawn to the side, baring the slim column of her neck. She shivered as a wet tongue trailed upward from the nape to the delicate shell of her ear.

“Welcome home kitten.” The voice was deep and seductive, arrogant in its confidence, and she felt a familiar thrum of excitement vibrate throughout her body.

“Hello Spike.”

She was spun around and met clear blue eyes bright with lust. He plundered her mouth ravenously, exploring and caressing until she thought her legs would buckle. Wrapping her arms around his neck she held on to him for support. Reaching down he lifted her so she could wrap her legs around his waist, and turned to sit her on the edge of the kitchen table. Immediately he set to work removing her shirt as she stroked his already bare chest.

“Did you miss me?” he asked cheekily.

Smiling sweetly Buffy brushed her lips against his. “Any time you’re not touching me is like winter in my soul.”

Spike chuckled. “Love that’s terrible. You’ve spent too long hanging around the poet. He’s a bad influence on you.”

Buffy leaned forward to capture one flat male nipple between her teeth, loving the hiss she elicited. “He’s a very important author now you know. Won awards and everything.”

Reaching under her skirt Spike gripped the waistband of her panties in his hands and pulled. Bringing the shredded remains to his nose he inhaled deeply before casually dropping them on the floor. “So you keep telling me.”

Buffy couldn’t help but tease, “You do realise that because of you I single-handedly keep Victoria’s Secret in business.”

Spike just shrugged and waggled his eyebrows at her. Then, circling his hands around the back of her knees, he pulled her forward so her butt was sitting right on the edge of the table. He paused to lightly stroke her outer thighs while she undid his pants and pushed them off his hips.

Palming one bra-covered breast he bent slightly to nibble at her earlobe. “Do you know what I love about this table?” he asked casually.

Almost mindless with anticipation Buffy could only manage a vague questioning sound.

“It’s the perfect height for fucking you.” With that he thrust into her welcoming body with one hard stroke.

Buffy cried out, her body arching in pleasure as she called his name.

Pausing momentarily he began to ease in and out of her with slow torturous movements, his eyes boring into hers. “Tell me you love me,” he demanded.

Buffy writhed on the table in front of him, her legs hugging his hips tightly in an effort to make him go faster. “I love you. You know I do.”

He leaned toward her, forcing her backward until she was propped up on her elbows. Her nipples just grazed his chest and she twisted back and forth to rub against him.

“Tell me you want me.”

Buffy stared up into the eyes of the man she loved more than life itself. “I always want you.”

He kissed her then, his eyes almost manic as his hips began to piston in and out of her. One hand wrapped around her waist to scoop her up off the table and they both moaned as he sank deeper into her body.

“Come for me Buffy,” he whispered, his voice harsh with lust.

“Yes. Oh God yes,” Buffy screamed, her head thrown back as her body began to spasm around him triggering his own release. They both shuddered violently, seeking out each other’s lips for a soul-searing kiss. As the ecstasy of their completion began to ebb Spike collapsed on top of her, his head pillowed on her breasts.

Feeling completely sated, Buffy ran her fingers absently through his still-bleached locks. “Can you welcome me home like that everyday?”

Hearing a chuckle she opened her eyes and saw William looking down at her lovingly. “I could try but you might wear me out after a year or two.”

“Never happen,” she replied off-handedly. “I have complete confidence in your ability to be endlessly insatiable.”

Lifting her up into a sitting position he wrapped his arms around her. Dropping a quick kiss on her nose he pointed out, “That is why you married me isn’t it?”

Buffy looked thoughtful for a moment before nodding firmly. “Yes, absolutely. That’s the only reason.”

Snorting, William picked her up off the table and carried her out of the kitchen. “Alright then Mrs Giles. Let’s head for the shower and I’ll show you just how insatiable I can be.”

Buffy squealed with laughter as he gave her butt a light smack, entirely willing to let him convince her any way he wanted to.