Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for all the reviews guys. I'm so excited by the great reaction this story has received. It really helps me put pen to paper.
Chapter Four

Buffy sat in stunned silence, staring at herself in the mirror.

“So what do ya think darlin’?” the hairdresser grinned at her from over her shoulder.

Buffy’s mouth opened and closed a few times before she finally managed to form actual words. “I love it!” A hug smile spread across her face and she giggled at her own reflection.

Her long hair had been cut a few inches shorter so that it fell to her shoulder blades. A few layers had been cut into it so that it bounced lightly around her shoulders when she moved. The dull brown had been replaced with a golden blonde. Soft foils in a lighter blonde had been scattered throughout. Giving it depth and added lustre.

She’d also had her eyebrows plucked. The thinner, soft arch made her sparkling green eyes look bigger against the fairness of her oval face. A manicure and pedicure completed the deal, with a pale neutral tone now covering her nails.

When she left the salon a few minutes later Buffy was beaming with happiness. Eager to take the next step in her transformation she headed straight for the first clothing store she could find.

“Well don’t you just look like a kitten with a fresh bowl of cream.”

Buffy turned toward the shop assistant. The slightly older girl had, long, dark brown hair. Her curvaceous figure was enhanced by tight black jeans that rode low on her hips, and a tight red t-shirt. A tag on her shirt proclaimed her to be ‘Faith’.

Still beaming Buffy responded, “I’m here to buy clothes.”

Faith chuckled at Buffy’s blunt enthusiasm and quickly looked her up and down. “That’s great. What sort of thing are you after? I’m afraid we don’t have anything like what you’re wearing now but I’ve got some great stuff if you’re looking to cut loose a little.”

Buffy smiled a little nervously, remembering the way she’d been rejected the day she tried to get a job in stores similar to this one, and was glad that Faith at least seemed willing to give her the time of day. “That’d be great.” She blushed shyly. “I’m kind of reinventing myself. So, I’m open to trying anything you’d be willing to show me.”

“No shit, really?”

When Buffy nodded Faith’s brown eyes sparkled with anticipation. “In that case, I know exactly what you need.” Grabbing Buffy by the arm she drew her toward the dressing rooms. “Don’t worry gorgeous,” she added, “I’ll take care of you.”

When Buffy opened the dressing room door a short time later she had her arms crossed over her chest and a look of pure terror on her face.

“What’s wrong?” Faith laughed good-naturedly.

“I-I don’t know Faith. I don’t think this is really me,” Buffy stammered.

Faith lifted a perfectly shaped eyebrow at her. “Do I need to remind you already that you came here to find the new you?”

Buffy cringed. “True.”

“Well then,” Faith encouraged. “You’ll never find the new you if you don’t experiment.” She pulled Buffy out of the dressing room and turned her toward the full-length mirror. “Now put your arms down and feast your eyes on the hotness that is Buffy.”

Reluctantly Buffy withdrew her arms and forced herself to look in the mirror. She blinked. Then blinked again. “Wow,” she whispered in awe. Her slim hips and long legs were encased in soft black leather pants. Her halter top was emerald green, making her eyes sparkle like jewels. It was snugly fitted to just under her breasts, before falling loosely to the waist. Just a hint of midriff showed as she turned this way and that, admiring herself in the mirror.

“You said it B,” Faith grinned and waggled her eyebrows over Buffy’s shoulder. “You’ll have all the boys panting. And quite a few of the girls too actually,” she added as an afterthought.

Buffy’s smile faded a little as a dozen butterflies suddenly came alive in her belly. “You really think so?”

“Trust me,” Faith reassured her. “They’ll fall all over themselves.” She leaned in to speak in hushed tones. “When you walk into a room wearing this outfit, every man there will give you a standing ovation. And they won’t even have to get out of their chairs.” She gave Buffy a conspiratorial wink and then wandered away. “Now let’s see about finding you a great little skirt.”

As Faith started picking items off the racks Buffy snuck another look in the mirror, flushing a bright red as Faith’s words ran through her mind. Tilting her head slightly she regarded herself in a new light. Standing up a little straighter she ran her hands over her hips, pushing out her chest proudly. With a firm nod and a deep breath she went back into the dressing room, ready to try on more of Faith’s suggestions.

Buffy found it much easier, after saying goodbye to Faith, to shop in the other stores. Though she carefully avoided the assistants she recognised from her job hunting expedition. After the shock of the black leather pants, choosing sundresses, and other day clothes, suddenly seemed easy. She even began to learn a little about her personal preferences. And thank God I did, she giggled to herself as she remembered a barely-there hot pink number some ditzy salesgirl had tried to get her into.

By late afternoon she found herself wandering happily around the mall wearing her new blue denim jeans and a baby-blue spaghetti strap top. Low-heeled tan sandals grace her feet. Her golden hair swished lightly around her shoulders and she walked with a proud swing to her hips. Inwardly she delighted every time a male head turned to watch her go by. Her arms were laden with bags containing everything she would need in the coming weeks. Shoes, accessories, make-up, clothes, even new lingerie to help her feel good all over. She’d never had so much fun shopping in her life, and now she was dying to show William her new look.