Chapter 4 – In Trouble



Buffy paced in the park. Something didn’t fit. How would a symbol used for protection be used for a sacrifice? Tired, Buffy sat down on the bench, holding her head in her hands. “Something wrong slayer?” Buffy looked up to find Spike standing in front of her, his head tilted to the left.

“Just thinking.”

“’Bout what?” he asked as he sat down next to her. As if natural, she scooted close to Spike, letting him put his arm around her to hold her close. She rested her head against his chest, breathing slowly, at a calm pace.

“What do we know about these kids? Where are their parents? What school do they go to? Spike, we don’t even know their names!”

“You’re right. Guess it’s time for Red to do her magic with the computer.”

~Willow’s House~
“Mom! I’m dating a musician!” Willow screamed at her mother, fallowing her as she walked around the room. Her mother whipped around, frowning.

“Willow!” her mother exclaimed.

“I’m a daughter of darkness! Oh Satan here my plea! Cast a spell upon for all and do my evil bidding!” Willow exclaimed overdramatically. She fallowed her mother up stairs into her room. “Take this force within me and use it for your will! Oh Satan! I bow before thee!”

“Willow you are to stay in your room until I think of a good enough punishment!” Willows mother walked out of the room, leaving Willow alone, locked away in her prison.

“What if I have to go to the bathroom?”

~The Library~
Spike bent down on his knees, catching his breath while Buffy questioned Giles. “Bloody ‘hell. I need a smoke.” He stood up, reaching in his pocket from his pack. Placing a cigarette between his lips, he lit it and watched in amusement as they Scooby gang tried to figure out what was going on.

“You know. I don’t appreciate you smoking in my library,” Giles stated, cleaning his glasses as Oz talked to Willow over instant messaging.

“Do I look like I care?” Spike asked. Giles rolled his eyes, putting on his glasses. “Thank you.” Spike smiled, taking in the nicotine one final time before stomping it into the marble floor of the library. “So love, what’s going on?” he asked, wrapping his arm around Buffy’s waist protectively. She smiled, looking back at him.

“Excuse me! What’s this?” Xander asked, gesturing to Spikes arms. Spike rolled his eyes and pulled Buffy closer to him.

“Get over it pansy boy. So Oz, what you got?”

“Well, these kids keep coming up every fifty years, in different places of course. The go all the way back to 1667. Hansel and Gretel.”

“You mean Hansel and Gretel who met the witch who lived in the candy house Hansel and Gretel?” Buffy asked.

“Yup.” Oz stated his voice in the same monotone manner as always. Spike looked at Giles.

“There are demons who take the form of some things. Fairy tales are common. You think that’s what it is Rupes?” Giles nodded, pulling out a book.

“Yes. I think Spike is right. I do believe we are facing a demon.” Buffy turned towards Spike smiling.

“Ha! I told you! A demon!” Spike rolled his eyes nodding.

“Fine, you win.” He bent down smiling. “This time slayer,” he whispered in her ear before he took her earlobe between his teeth. Her breath caught in her throat causing Spike to chuckle.

“This is bloody wrong,” Giles said, walking towards the entrance. “How I wish I was blind.”

~Willow’s House~
Willow paced in her room nervously after her mother had taken away her lap top. “I hope Oz and Buffy found what they needed,” she said softly to herself. She heard the doorknob turn, and then the door opened. “Come on dear. We’re leaving. Oh, and get your coat. It’s cold outside,” Willow’s mother said, smiling. Willow walked over to her mother, confused as to the many people who were standing behind her.

“Mom. What’s going on?”

“I said get your coat witch!” Willow closed the door as the mob began to charge into her room, her mother leading the pack. She felt them banging against her door. They were too strong.

“Why can’t I be Buffy?”

~Buffy’s House~
Buffy ran into her house to find her mother and some people she didn’t know in the living room. Spike and Giles ran in behind her, both bending down to catch their breath. “Mom! You’ve got to stop!” Joyce stood and walked over to her. Spike shot up, morphing quickly at the smell that surrounded him. Growling, he grabbed Buffy and pulled her behind him.

“Drop it,” he growled, motioning to the cloth that Joyce held in her hand. Joyce took a step towards them making him back up and growl even louder “I said drop it.” But before Spike could make a move, he had been knocked out along with Giles by people who had come up behind them. Buffy looked in shock but soon her world went black when her mother covered her nose and mouth with the cloth drenched in alcohol that she had been holding.

“You were right. It was easy.”

“And it gets easier,” the little boy said. He stood next to the little girl, both pale, with dark circles around their eyes.

“You must help us.”

“Yes. You must stop the bad girls.”

“Save us.” Joyce nodded, before picking up her daughter and carrying her to the law house.