Chapter 5 – Fire and Demons



Spike paced back and forth, his yellow eyes glowing with anger. He watched as Cordelia continued to slap Giles. “Come on already,” he growled impatiently.

“Shut up. I’m trying and my hand hurts.” Spike walked over and grabbed Giles, hauling him up. He shook him violently, adding some slaps in between.

“Wake up!” After a couple minuets passing, he gave up and let Giles slump to the floor. “You deal with Rupes. I’m off to save Buffy.”

“Since when do you save Buffy?” Spike grinned wickedly at Cordelia.

“Because if anyone’s gonna kill her, it’s gonna be me. After I get a good fuck in first,” he said, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively, tucking his tongue behind teeth before hurrying out of the house.

“Where did Spike go?” Giles asked after rubbing his head. Cordelia bent down next to him, handing him his glasses.

“Spike went after Buffy. We better go to. And you owe me. My hand hurts.” Giles nodded, standing up slowly while Cordelia helped him up.

“Ok. We have to stop by my place and get some things for a spell.”

“What kind of spell?”

“Let’s just get in the car ok?” Cordelia shrugged but fallowed Giles out to his car.

~Law House~
Buffy’s eyes fluttered open to find herself tied to a stake with Amy on one side and Willow on the other. She closed her eyes again, shaking her head when she heard her name being called out. “Oh God! Buffy!” Willow screamed as she tried to get out of her bonding. Buffy shook her head again and looked around. It was then that she noticed all of Giles’s books around them and people billowing with torches.

“What the? Mom?” Joyce stood before her shaking her head. “Mom please untie me!”

“No Buffy. You stay there.” Buffy squirmed, trying to break the ropes but found she couldn’t.

“Buffy!” Buffy looked over at Willow who was starring intently at Joyce and her mother. Buffy fallowed her gaze and saw the little boy and girl. Hansel and Gretel.

“You must save us. Save us from the bad girls,” the little boy said to them. Joyce nodded.

“Yes! Save us.”

“Mom! Think! Dead people are talking to you!” Buffy squealed. Joyce shook her head.

“That’s enough Buffy. You have to stop.” She looked over at Willow’s mother who handed her a lit torch. “You’ve been so helpful through all this.”

“You too Joyce. We should keep in touch, have coffee.”

“Buffy!” Willow screamed yet again.

“Mom! Stop! You don’t want to do this.”

“I wanted a normal teenage daughter but instead, I got a slayer.” Buffy was taken aback by her mothers outburst. Her bottom lip quivered and tears sprung to her eyes.

“But mom, you love me.” Joyce nodded.

“Yes Buffy. I love you but what kind of mother would I be if I didn’t punish you?” Buffy raised her eyebrows in question as her mother set flame to the book which she now noticed were drenched in gas. The flames leapt up and spread quickly.

“Buffy!” Willow screamed, pulling harder at the ropes.

“Fine! You want a witch? I’ll give you a witch!” Amy screamed, her eyes gleaming with tears from the smoke. “Goddess Hecitay work thy will! Make thy filth thee crawl!” Amy shook violently as she shrank; turning into a rat before scurrying off and out of harms way.

“Don’t you think she could have done us first?” Buffy asked before resuming trying to think of a plan to get out of the fire.

“Save us. Save us from the bad girls.”

“GRRRAAAAHHHGGG!!!!” Both Willow and Buffy looked up from struggling to see Spike jump in. He looked around smirking happily as the people around him shuddered into corners at the sight of his vampiric face. He then spotted the two kids.

“Save us from the bad girls,” both said looking at him. He smirked, strutted up to them before grabbing their hair and pulling them up off the ground. They wiggled in his grasp trying to break free. He chuckled.

“Not so bloody fast. You see, you’re doing my job and that gets me pissed.” Spike threw the kids over, letting their little bodies bang into a wall. He chuckled but it soon stopped when the kids hugged each other, becoming one great demon. “’Ey! That’s cheatin” He lunged at the demon as Giles and Cordelia ran into the room. “Buffy! ‘Urry up! Spike yelled as the demon grabbed him buy the duster with his finger. “’Ey! You’re asking for it!” The demon walked over to the burning fire, threatening to drop the vampire into its leaping flames. “NO! No! Bad Demon! Bad!” Spike pulled himself up on the demons arm before sinking his arms into its flesh.

“Cordelia, the fire! Put out the fire!” Cordelia nodded before grabbing the fire hose and drenching the fire.

“AAARRGG!” Buffy looked over to see that the demon had thrown him off, knocking him in the groin as he did so. “Bloody hell!”

“Hey! You! Over here!” Buffy screamed. The demon reared its ugly head towards her. “Yea you! Come here! Save yourself from the Bad Girls!” The demon seemed to smile and charged towards her. Buffy struggled trying to get out of her prison.

“Buffy!” Spike yelled but soon found himself looking at a dead demon. Buffy had snapped the stake she was tied to and bent down while the demon charged at her, running straight into its pointy end.

“Did I get it? Did I get it?” she asked, not able to see the dead demon that stood in front of her. Just then, Oz and Xander fell through the ceiling.

“We’re here to save you,” Oz said in his monotone expression.

~Willow’s House~
Willow smiled happily as the magick smoke began to change from grey to purple. “Yay Amy’s gonna become a-“ she stopped and looked at Amy. A frown formed upon her face and she lowered her head in shame. “A rat forever.” Buffy patted her friend, trying to comfort her.

“Don’t worry Willow. We’ll make her a happy one and one day we’ll be able to help her. Do you have one of those wheelie thingies?”