PART 2

“ My stomach… such a pain… OW!” she complained.
“ Pet, I know it hurts, but don’t worry, it will go away soon: as soon as you feed!” he explained, dashing to his fridge to pour some blood in a mug, heating it.
“ What? No, you’re fool! I don’t need it. After all, I already feel bett… OOOOWWW!” she screamed again.
“ Ssppiiiiiiiikkkkke, do something!”
“ That’s what I’m doing! C’mon, sit on the bed and let me help you!” he said, taking the mug and approaching it to her mouth.
Despite the blinding pain, she backed off.
“ No. There’s not a chance I’m going to dr…” but Spike brought the mug to her lips, making her taste few drops.
She took the mug in her hands, emptying it in few seconds.
He was content.
“ Feel better?”
She nodded.
“ Still hungry?”
She nodded again.
After few minutes, Spike brought her another mug, but when she stretched her arms to take it, he withdrew it.
“ Ha-Ha. First, show me it!”
“ What?” she frowned.
His only answer, he slipped to his game –face.
“ This!”
“ Why?” she asked, enthralled by his face. She was sure it was due to the Sire/Childe bond.
“ Because I wanna see it! Show me!” he incited her.
Buffy couldn’t figure out why, but she desired to imitate him, so she tried to concentrate, without any result.
“ Can’t. It’s too hard!”
“ What means you can’t? It’s pretty simple, look!” he said, melting his demonic visage away, to replace it again few seconds after.
Seeing how easily Spike managed to do it did nothing but bothering Buffy.
“ It’s not that simple! I’m trying, but…” she said, clinching both her teeth and fists, giving out a clumsy growl.
All that entertained Spike, but he didn’t want to give in. He was too determined to see her changing.
“ C’mon, show your pretty little fangy face to dear old Spikey…” he incited her again, making a funny voice.
“ Don’t treat me like a two years old baby and give me that damn mug, I’M HUNGRY!” she roared, but Spike smiled satisfied.
“ You made it!”
Buffy looked at him, bringing her hand to her face, feeling the ridges. She put a finger in her mouth to touch her teeth, now longer and sharp.
“ Alright, I made it!” she exclaimed proud, grieving the second after.
“ Poor me, I must look so ugly, it’s horrible…” she despaired. He held her hands.
“ Listen, pet. Nothing about you is ugly or horrible. You are so beautiful…” he whispered, but he decided to do no rash moves, confining himself just to give her the mug.
This time she shared it with him.
“ Ok, I’ve enough of fangy and yellow for now… how can you make it go away?” she asked.
“ Well, just wish it. Like this!” he smiled, coming back to his human face as he explained it to her.
Buffy followed his advice and touching her face she realized happy she had managed to do it.
“ Alright!” she exclaimed, getting up to go upstairs.
He followed her.
“ Where are you going?”
“ Sun is set. There’s no need for me to stay here again!” she explained, trying to reach the door, but he blocked her, standing in front of it.
“ Why do you wanna leave? I thought…”
“ What did you think, Spike? That after giving me a couple of mugs and entertaining me with your humor, everything would be fine? NOTHING is fine!” she shout, trying again to cross the door. This time he didn’t hampered her.
“ I’m so confused, I need to clear my mind. Try to understand! This whole situation is so wrong… and it’s all your fault! Leave me alone!” she retorted and although her tone was calmer, her words hurt him.
“ Then, go, Buffy. But let me warn you: you need me, especially now, I’m your Sire and I already know you’ll come back to me!”
Her only answer, she shut the door in front of him.
-----------------------------------------------------
Buffy was glad that Dawn was at her friends for all the week: she couldn’t face her then.
She took off her clothes and let in the shower, enjoying the jet of warm water on her now cold skin.
When she exited, she wore her bathrobe and she wrapped her wet hair in a towel.
After rubbing her hair, she removed the towel, taking her brush.
As soon as she raised her eyes towards the mirror, she couldn’t help laughing: all she could see was the brush floating in the air, followed by the hairdryer, which amused her more.
She realized why Spike kept a mirror in his kind of bathroom.

After dressing up, she went downstairs to control the answering machine.
There were two messages: the first was Willow’s.

-- Hi Buffy, where are you? Everyone is so worried…Hope you’re fine. Anyway, I’ve got such big news: I, Xander and Anya have found out who is messing up with your life recently… it’s a long story. Guess what? It’s not a demon, only three humans, three computer wizards with a small magic skill, but just humans. You won’t believe me, but we know two of them. They are Warren, Jonathan and… I don’t remember his name, but his brother gave us trouble during the Prom, remember? Anyway, just call me when you can, so I can explain it better to you. Bye. --

The news seemed to cheer her up. But the second message gave her the answer she was looking for.

-- Hi Buffy, it’s Tara. You know, since you’ve come back from death, I’ve been doing some researches, just to make sure the spell went fine. And it did. There’s just a ‘contraindication ‘: the spell has modified your cells a bit. Nothing serious, it’s just like a little sunburn! But that could confuse Spike’s chip… so, maybe he could be able to hurt you again, without feeling any pain… --

Buffy was dumbfounded: that’s why Spike had managed to bite her!

-- … So, Buffy, be careful, ok? Bye --

“ Well, Tara, I guess it’s a bit too late now!” Buffy muttered, turning off the machine.
She dialed Willow’s number to let her explain better everything about their discovery. After that, she asked her to tell everyone to meet her at the ‘ Magic Box ‘ the day after, at sundown, because she needed to talk with them urgently.
After assuring her friend that there was nothing to worry about and that she was fine, she greeted her, hanging the phone.

< Actually, there’s something to worry about, something * very* alarming, but they don’t know before tomorrow… I couldn’t tell her now… and I don’t even know if I’ll find the courage to speak tomorrow! > she thought, going to her room and throwing herself on the bed, starting to cry.
She didn’t understand why: she didn’t feel particularly sad, it was just that she felt like crying, for all the confusion in her head, for all the accumulated tension, for the fear of a negative reaction from her friends, and, although it was hard to admit to herself, for the way she had treated Spike.
She was sorry and, incomprehensible as it was, she missed him bad.
She looked at her watch: there were about three hours to sunrise. What could she do to spend the time?
She would have gone patrolling, but she was afraid that someone could realize she was a vampire now.
After all, she wasn’t able to control her demon yet; she couldn’t risk revealing her true face in the middle of a fight.
Anyway, she hated being home all alone.

< No, Bad Buffy, forget it! You’re not going to him. He’s bad and rude and you needn’t to be… close to him… sleeping with him… under the covers of his bed…> and why she was thinking about it, she was already on her way to Spike’s crypt.

For the very first time, she opened the door as silently as she could, glad to see that he wasn’t upstairs. Maybe he already slept. That was what she wished: she didn’t feel like facing him right then, there would have been time after to make things clear and… also apologize.
Now, she just wanted to be close to him, without any word.
And she was lucky, because when she went downstairs she found him in his bed, deeply asleep. She crawled under the covers, very careful not to wake him up, and after crouching close to him without touching him, she closed her eyes satisfied.
Now she could sleep serenely.

TBC