EPILOGUE

THE WEEK AFTER (Evening)

“ Hello, I’m back!” Dawn exclaimed, letting in the house.
“ Welcome back, Dawnie!” Buffy said, hugging her.
“ Have you enjoyed yourself with your friends?”
“ A lot! What about you, any news?” Dawn asked, taking off her jacket.
“ Actually, lots of stuff happened. I have good news… and less good ones..” the blonde confessed.
“ Tell me the good ones, first!”
“ Spike and I now are together…”
The younger girl squeezed in delight, interrupting her.
“ Buffy, it’s sooooo wonderful, you’re not kidding, right? How long have you been together and how did the others react?” the teen-ager interrogated her, very excited.
“ It’s the pure truth: we’ve been together for almost a week and the others… well, Tara and Anya accepted it easily.. with Giles and Xander it was pretty hard, but Willow helped a lot, that girl can always find the right words for every occasion… “

< … and she can also resort to threats if necessary! > she thought amused.

Before the little sister resumed her huge interrogation, Buffy decided to tell her the other news.
“ Hey, don’t you know that Will, Xan and Anya had found out who was messing up with my life? They were nonetheless three stupid nerds that probably watch too much TV! But after we had scared them … maybe way too much, they will think twice before playing with me again! I wouldn’t be so surprised if they had already left the town! Well, then I’ll tell you everything!”
“ You bet, I don’t wanna miss a single detail…. and you know I’m not talking only ‘bout the three stupid ‘s story!” Dawn answered with a malicious smile.
“ Ah, guess what? I’ve also found a job, nothing special: I’ll just work three nights a week in a new self-service, the ‘ DoubleMeat Palace ‘. I’ve been hired yesterday and I’ll start tomorrow. Do you know what it means? That Spike will patrol, and if you want you can go with him…”
Dawn squeezed once again.
“ Really?” she asked with the largest of the smiles.
“ Sure. It’s time I quit treating you like a little fragile girl to protect, and let you learn how to defend! After all, with Spike you are safe…” the blonde explained.
Dawn hugged her once more, sparkling with joy.
“ You and Spike together, and me patrolling with him!!! There can’t be any bad news after what you told me!”
“ Well, Dawnie… I don’t think you’ll be so happy ‘bout this news: now… I’m a vampire!”
Dawn parted from her immediately, backing off.
“ I’m a * soulful* vamp, don’t be afraid!” she reassured her sweetly and her sister approached to her again.
“ It’s not something we planned. Anyway, Spike sired me and I let him do it… but we both didn’t know exactly what we were doing… it’s such a long story!”

That was a big silence, but Dawn broke it first, after watching with great attention her sister for a while.
“ Ok!” she exclaimed, shrugging.
“ What? You’re not mad at me or at Spike?! Believe me, I made a fuss myself when I found out it!” the blonde confessed, astonished.
“ Well, Buffy, you said you kept your soul…”
“ Yes!”
“ So, you’re not evil..”
“ Nope!”
“ You are still the Slayer…”
“ Yeah! That’s why there’s not the new one: the Slayer in me is not dead!”
“ Are you going to leave me?”
“ Never!”
“ See? Nothing is changed: you are just paler and cold, we won’t have a picnic or take a walk together in sunlight anymore; but you are still my beloved big sister!” Dawn explained, kissing her cheek to show her she wasn’t afraid.

“ So, has Spike already packaged his things?”
“ What?” Buffy asked puzzled.
“ Oh, C’mon! I hope you won’t think I’ll let you two stay in that gray sad, but comfy, crypt; when this house is so large! We’ll just have to keep the windows shut and pull the curtains during the daylight…” Dawn explained.
“ Oh, Dawniiiiieeeee!” Buffy squeezed, hugging her.
“ I go giving Spike the good news! You can’t begin to imagine how much he was agitated: he was sure you would wait for him with a stake in your hand!” Buffy chuckled, opening the door.
“ Anyway, you know…. You and I could still spend some days in the sunlight, if B.B.B. …. I mean, Angel, was so kind to lend me his special ring once in a while…” she smiled, departing, leaving Dawn puzzled, with a big question in her mind.

< B.B.B.?! >

THE END.