Chapter 11 Morning After

Tuesday, July 22nd 2005

Ninth Entry

So, Giles, I hear I’m gonna be released in ten days. I think I’m happy. Yeah, I should feel happy. To finally be able to find warmth in my own bed and stick my head out my window to breathe when I feel stuffed. I can’t wait to see Mr. Gordo again. I think he might be the only friend I have left.

The funny thing is that I’m kind of sad to be leaving this place. It’s got memories now. I don’t know what I’m talking about. It’s just… safe. You know? I feel like within these walls, I can be whoever I wont and not be judged. Out there? Not so much.

Out there.. I’ll have to face the scrutiny of everybody I’ve ever known. Especially my parents. And the people I called my friends. They make me feel so vulnerable.

I think I should stay here, Giles. I really, really do.

Saturday, April 9th, 2005

I’m not sure what woke me up, the birds chirping overhead or the waves crashing against the sand repeatedly. I didn’t want to wake up, but I couldn’t help it and before I could stop myself, my senses became attuned to my surroundings. And then I realized that the surface I was sleeping on wasn’t my bed… in fact it was too grainy to be my bed. When I took a deep breath, I realized that the air was too sharp and too refreshing for it to be my room.

And something warm was pressed up against my back. Then, I opened my eyes and slowly comprehended where I was. Directly in front of me was a big, gray rock… more like a boulder and as my eyes scanned the surface, I saw some traces of grass here and there, peeking out under sand.

Sand. And thus, I realized I was on the beach. And it was morning, with the sun peeking out from above the horizon and the bird singing a crazy song. I tried moving my hands and realized that I was holding onto something long and warm draped across my waist…

It all came back to me. The night, the waves, the fake orchestra, the moon, the stars, the singing, the man.

“Spike…” I whispered, closing my eyes again. I felt his hard body against my stiff back and felt him begin to stir. It was Spike… and we were lying on the beach apparently… naked.

Great. I had absolutely no clue what to do. I couldn’t run for it and save myself from the embarrassment of a morning after. Yeah. Morning afters were definitely not my thing, considering a handful of bad experiences that I don’t want to get into. But, back to the situation at hand. Even if I wanted to escape without waking him up, I couldn’t. Because I was… very naked.

I felt his arms start to move and my breath got stuck in my throat.

“-uffy,” I heard him mutter and my heart skipped a beat. Slowly, I turned around in his hold to face him and found him looking at me with eyes clear as the sky above us.

“Hey,” I smiled. He looked so content and peaceful just lying there, holding me, staring into my eyes with a small smile on his face.

“Mornin’, kitten,” he said, voice groggy with sleep. He moved his arms and winced. I guess he was a little sore. Hell, I was, too.

“When did we… get here?” I looked around. We were at the very edge of the beach, almost next to the forest in a much more secluded and covered area than where I last remembered us to be. He raised himself up with an elbow and surveyed the area.

“Mm… must have been between the second time and the…” he trailed off with a smirk and I felt my face turn red so I buried my head in his chest. He held me close to him and we stayed that way for a few moments.

His hands caressed my sides soothingly, warming me from my head to my toes. I decided to myself that this was, by far, the best morning-after that I had ever had.

“Amazing…” I whispered. I didn’t really mean to say it out loud, but before I could react, I felt a low rumble escape his throat as he proudly grinned against my hair.

“What was that, pet?” he asked, absentmindedly drawing circles on my back, “Amazing you say?”

“Shut up,” I grumbled.

“Shh… none of that,” he tsk’ed, then whispered in my ear, “I quite like it when you scream.”

My eyes widened and I rolled away from him just to bang myself painfully against the large boulder. Dammit, it really hurt.

“Ugh,” I groaned, rubbing my injured back and scrunching up my face in pain. Spike immediately got up and scooped me into his arms. He checked my back and rubbed it gently with expert hands.

“Don’t fret, love,” he trailed kisses across the back of my neck and down the spot I was a hundred percent sure was bruising. “It won’t even bruise.” Okay, maybe not a hundred percent sure.

“Mmmm,” I moaned as he nibbled my neck and kissed my collarbone. I leaned into him and felt his hands trail down my stomach and … oh! I hissed and arched my back against him.

“Feel good?” he whispered huskily in my ear before nipping the earlobe gently.

“Mm hmm,” I closed my eyes in pleasure and gasped as he rubbed two fingers against my clit and slid them further …

I could wake up to orgasms like this every morning.

And then I realized it was the morning and my eyes snapped open.

“Oh God, oh god, oh god,” I jumped away from him and got to my feet, looking frantically around for any article of clothing. Any.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, still sitting on the ground and looking up at me in confusion.

“What time is it! My mom’s going to freak! She’s gonna kill me!” I tugged at my hair. I did that whenever I was on a verge of a nervous breakdown. “I never came home and! Oh my god… you and me. And me. And you with the… Oh my god!”

Spike stood up slowly and my eyes widened as I took in the sight of him standing before me in all his naked glory. He smirked when he realized I was staring at him and took a few predatory steps closer.

“N-no, no, no,” I backed away. “Stay over there… I have to. I can’t. Not now.”

“Relax, love,” he nodded towards the sun. “The sun’s only just come up. It’s still early. We still have some time to..” he waggled his eyebrows and I lost my tongue.

“Come on, Buffy,” step closer. “Stay,” another step. “Just for a little while.” step. “Please?”

He didn’t wait for me to respond before swooping down to kiss me passionately. Of course. He knew I was completely powerless against him and his stupid… charm.

“No,” I choked out as I gasped for air, “I can’t” – kiss – “I have to” – Oh god, he was doing that thing to my neck again, “We can’t… we…”

Screw it. I leapt into his arms and wrapped my legs around his waist. He staggered back a few steps before steadying himself and laughing at my boldness, but that didn’t last long because I attacked him again with my lips. Yeah. His lips weren’t the only ones that could do all the attacking.

…………

After about… half an hour or so, we were lying on the sand again, sprawled out in exhaustion. I caught a glimpse of green out of the side of my eye and lifted my head shakily to see my bikini and his clothes piled up in a bunch a few yards away. Sighing, I put my head down again and closed my eyes.

“We should go,” I mumbled, tired again. I stretched my arms above my head.

“You’re right,” he nodded, staring straight at the purple horizon. “We should.”

“It’s getting,.. late,” I added.

“You’re right. It is.”

“If someone walked by…”

“They would call the bloody police.”

“That would be bad.”

“Yeah it would, wouldn’t it,” he agreed, flatly.

Without another word, I got to my feet and limped over to the pile of clothes. Yeah, I was actually limping. That was how sore I was. Deliciously, completely satiated soreness. I loved the feeling. I threw his T-shirt and pants to him before I quickly put on my bikini.

Yuck. Not comfortable. It was all sandy on the insides and I felt itchy all over.

When I was done adjusting the strings and knots, I looked over to see Spike standing a couple of yards away with his black jeans on, thumbs looped in the belt loops, staring silently at me. He bent down to pick up his black T-shirt and shook it out before handing it to me.

“Here,” he said, softly, “I think you’ll need it more than me, pet.”

I pulled it on over my head and got on my tip-toes to give him a quick kiss.

“No regrets?” I asked him, quietly.

“None,” he cupped my face, “I wouldn’t take last night back for the world.”

My sentiments exactly and I couldn’t help but smile.

“Good.”

He took my hand and our fingers intertwined immediately, as if it were a natural thing and they had been intertwining regularly since… well, birth. The walk back to the parking lot was silent for the most part. I picked up my purse from the large boulder I was sitting on the night before and he found his leather duster lying on the sand where we had abandoned it.

There were only two cars in the parking lot, a black Desoto that I assumed was his and my blue Mustang. Both parked at opposite ends of the lot.

I felt him tugging at my hand when we reached the pavement and I turned towards him. He was running his hand down sleep tussled – and other stuff tussled, heh – hair with his free hands and his eyes were shifting around as if he were… nervous?

“You know about the carnival today, right?” he suddenly turned to look at me. “You know, second day of Founder’s and all that rot?”

I nodded slowly. “Yeah, I know about it.”

“Well,” he paused and took a little short breath, “do you think you might, you know, be interested in, uh, - bloody hell, I was never good at this…” He looked a little panicked and I bit back a giggle.

“Aw, what happened to Big Bad Spike?” I teased him a little bit and he cleared his throat.

“Right, then,” he nodded. “So I’ll see you around…”

And with that, he turned his back and walked away leaving me a little… flabbergasted? What a good word. Flabbergasted. Stunned. Surprised. Annoyed… he was just going to leave?

Well, fine. I turned and headed towards my car, swinging my purse around in frustrated little circles. The sun was slowly rising and it looked like it was still a few hours away from noon, and I really needed to get home fast if I wanted to avoid –

Suddenly, I was spun around and before I could cry out, my lips were savagely plundered by an eager mouth that tasted strangely like the morning and tobacco mixed in one. My eyes widened in shock until I fully comprehended what was happening and wrapped my arms around Spike’s neck to lean into his kiss. After a couple of seconds, I pulled away, breathless.

“You caught me at an exhale,” I grinned, hugging him tight and panting a little bit.

“Just glad I caught you at all, Goldilocks,” he rubbed my back, pressing me against him. “So what say you if I ask you to go with me to the carnival today?”

“I say that sounds like a good plan,” I tilted my face up to kiss him gently. His lips lingered on mine for a long while and I felt him smile against me.

“Noon a good time to pick you up, then?” he asked, his voice muffled against my mouth, and he went back to kissing me. I couldn’t believe how he could get me so lost in the taste of him. Morning breath and all. He was absolutely wonderful.

“It’s perfect,” I managed to squeeze in before he ravaged my mouth again.

…………

Yeah, I know. We had the whole thing kind of… backwards with the hitting home before the first date and everything.

I’m not sure though… if I were to go back? I wouldn’t change a thing. Not a damn thing.