Author's Chapter Notes:
Please be nice, I don't know how I am with sex scenes, so feedback is appreciated. Thanks to my awesome beta, you rock Amanda! Little Note: with a few exceptions, the Buffy-loses-her-virginity scene is very much like my first time (after all, this is based on my past experiences with my current boyfriend). The chapter title is because when I lost mine, we were listening to the CD "Believe" by Disturbed (and we broke the bed!). So, once again, be nice to me!
The pair woke up to the screech of Buffy’s alarm clock. Buffy reached out a slow, groggy hand to tap at the snooze button, but Spike was faster, and his method was a little more permanent.

“Bloody annoying little bugger,” he mumbled as he threw the offending item against Buffy’s closet door.

Buffy smiled sleepily and rolled over onto her back. “Good thing I have a spare alarm clock somewhere around here, huh?” she said softly.

Spike laughed at her quietly. “So what time was that thing set for?”

“Six forty-five.”

“Ungh. Should I shower first, or do you want to, luv?”

“You go ahead. I’ll go see what I can make us for breakfast.”

“Oh no, pet! You’re not poisoning me with that crap you call cooking!” Spike said, his face the epitome of mock horror.

“Relax. I think we have microwave waffles. I’ll make mine, you make yours, k?”

“Oh. I can survive that then,” he smirked.

“Asshole.”

Spike just raised an eyebrow at her and got out of bed. “See you in a few then, kitten,” and he disappeared into the hall, then Buffy heard the click of the bathroom door locking.

She flopped back in bed and grinned like a moron. ‘SPIKE was in MY bed!’ Sigh. Sure, he’d spent the night in her bedroom before, but once they got into their teens, he’d relocated to the floor. This was different. This was un-chaperoned, no mommy in town, Spike-was-in-my-bed-holding-me-all-night goodness. Buffy was euphoric.

She’d loved Spike for nearly a year now, but she’d had to keep it a secret, especially since Dru ferreted her way into the picture. But now… with Dru gone- hopefully for good… maybe they could try being ‘Buffy and Spike the couple’ instead of ‘Buffy and Spike the friends’. She sure hoped so. She’d NEVER wanted something so much. She knew that Spike and Dru had been… intimate. Alright, so they’d fucked like little bunnies, and Buffy knew that Dru wasn’t Spikes first, but still. Buffy and Spike had been so close for so long that she was certain they could have a healthy relationship without the sex.

But then, if it came down to it, why the hell not? Who better to lose your virginity to than your first love, right? It’s way more romantic than waiting for marriage, because really, most people fall in love at least twice before they actually marry someone, so it’s like saying, “You weren’t my first choice, but here’s my virginity anyway!”

Buffy finally dragged herself out of bed and down the stairs to find the frozen waffles. She nuked herself a couple and was halfway through the first one when Spike came downstairs, his hair still soggy and hanging in cute little curls, but fully dressed in his usual all-black attire. She smiled at him, took another bite of waffle and simultaneously pushed the box at him.

Spike smirked back at her and took the box, reading the instructions before putting two in the microwave and two in the toaster. Buffy gave him a funny look and he just shrugged. “It’s faster and I want to compare.”

Buffy just snorted into her orange juice and dumped her empty dishes into the sink. She head for the kitchen door before turning around and saying, “Hey, when your done, find me something to wear to school today, please?” in her most adorable voice.

Spike groaned but agreed, and Buffy took off up the stairs.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Once he had finished eating, Spike took off upstairs to Buffy’s room and began looking through her closet first. He found a black satin sleeveless top that he knew was perfect on her, and a pair of gunmetal grey, washed out jeans that looked comfortable and matched alright. (He’d been around Buffy long enough to know that ‘matchy goodness’, as she called it, was important to her.) Finally, he dug out a pair of Doc Martens he had gotten her for her last birthday. He smiled as he thought about it…

*FLASHBACK*
Will stood on the front porch of the Summers’ residence holding a large box haphazardly covered with baby-blue wrapping paper that had “Happy Birthday!” scrawled all over it in silver. Attached to the top of the box was a large, dark blue bow and a card with the name “Buffy” written on it.

Joyce (as Buffy’s mom insisted Will call her) opened the door and smiled brightly at the fourteen year old in front of her. “Hi, Will! Come on in, Buffy’s in the living room with Amy and Jesse.”

Will stepped inside and went into the living room. Buffy grinned from ear to ear when she saw him. “Will!” she screeched and immediately launched herself into her best friend’s arms.

Will laughed and hugged her back, managing to get out the words, “Happy fourteenth, Buffy.”

“Thanks, Will,” Buffy beamed. “Now that you’re here, I get to open presents! I know I’m acting like a six year old, but I want to hurry before something goes wrong like my birthday parties always do.”

Amy just piped in with, “Aw, don’t worry, nothing will happen this year.”

Jesse just whispered to Will, “Thank God I’m not the only guy here anymore!”

Will smirked, but immediately handed over his gift to Buffy.

She took it and smiled at him again, before carefully removing the card and reading it quietly to herself. It was a poem that Will had written her himself, and it had taken him hours. She looked back up at him and said softly, “Thank you so much. That’s the greatest thing anyone has ever given me,” before launching herself into his arms again.

“You gonna open the box, pet?” Will asked, hiding his blushing cheeks in her hair.

“Oh, of course!” she exclaimed, and released him to pick up the box and tear the beautiful paper from him with fervor.

She lifted the lid on the box to reveal a pair of brand new Doc Martens that matched the ones Will always wore.

“She grinned and immediately kicked off her beat up Chucks to pull on the heavy boots, giving Will her own version of his smirk and saying, “I see you took my jealousy to heart, then?”

Everyone in the room laughed, and once Buffy had her new shoes laced up (with a little help from Will), she went on to open her other gifts…
*END FLASHBACK*

It turned out that something bad did happen on Buffy’s fourteenth birthday… not long after the party ended, Joyce had gotten a call from a hospital in LA telling her that her ex-husband, Hank, Buffy’s father, had been in a fatal car crash on his way down to see her and take her ice skating. Buffy hadn’t been to a rink since then.

Spike laid out the ensemble he had chosen for Buffy, with the addition of deep red leather jacket since it was December, and left Buffy’s room to go downstairs and wait for her in the living room.

When she appeared in the doorway, wearing the clothes he had picked out, she smiled shyly and went to pick up her bookbag from it’s place next to the coffee table. The two left together to walk the short distance to school in silence, each of them in their own thoughts: Spike dreading that Dru knew he was spending the week with Buffy, and Buffy dreading that Dru would ask Spike to come back to her.

As it turned out, Dru was nowhere to be seen that day at school, so the day went by without consequence. Spike and Buffy at lunch together, talking about random things, neither mentioning Drusilla or where she might be.

The walk back to Buffy’s was also uneventful, the blonde pair simply debating whether or not they should go out to the Bronze to get hot wings and flowering onions or just order in some pizza. They finally decided that a night in would be good.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Later that night, after the two had finished devouring their pizza and had gotten into their pajamas (grey plaid boxers for Spike, a cotton baby blue cami and pants set for Buffy), they sat on Buffy’s bed playing a relatively innocent game of truth or dare.

“Truth or dare?” Buffy asked after completing her truth, which was to tell Spike what she really thought about Dru- “That she’s insane and a little controlling. And that she just wanted you for your looks.” (Buffy was still blushing as she took her turn.)

“Mmm… truth. Fair’s, fair luv. I’ll pick ‘dare’ when you do,” Spike smirked.

Buffy gave him a mock glare before slipping into her ‘thinking’ face. After a moment she asked, “What do you really think about me, Spike? I mean… am I just your friend, kinda like a little sister, or do you think we could ever be… more?”

Spike was a little startled by this, but he answered honestly, “I think… Well, luv, you’re definitely NOT my little sister. And… I have thought about what it would be like if we were together as a couple, and I like the idea of it, but I don’t know how it would be like in reality, y’know?”

Buffy wished she hadn’t asked that question. Spike didn’t seem at all uncomfortable, but then, he was always good with sharing what he felt. Buffy, on the other hand… Well, she would rather be anywhere else.

“Truth or dare?” Spike questioned softly.

“Truth,” Buffy answered, eyes trained on the bedspread between them.

“Of the people you know right now, who would you most want to lose your virginity to?”

Buffy didn’t bat an eye. She didn’t even look up, just whispered in a barely audible voice, “You.”

“Why?” Spike asked, afraid to raise his voice for fear of jolting her out of this honest trance she seemed to be in.

“Because I love you. I’ve loved you for a long time… I just… we’re such good friends, and then there was Dru and… I always figured you were too good for me,” she finished, her voice rising in pitch just slightly, and her hazel eyes finally rose to meet his deep blue ones.

“I’m not.”

Buffy just closed her eyes and turned her head away.

“Truth or dare?” Buffy asked.

“Truth.”

“Will you kiss me? Just once? I’ve never… I’ve never been kissed… I just want to know what it’s like,” Buffy almost pleaded.

“That sounds like more of a dare, luv,” Spike smirked.

Buffy opened her mouth to retaliate, “No, I asked whether or not you would, it wasn’t…”

She was cut off by his lips on hers, just a gentle touch of soft flesh. Spike gently ran his tongue along her lower lip before teasing her mouth open and slipping his tongue inside for a taste. One hand came up to cup her face in his rough palm, the other strayed to her waist, gently laying her down on the bed and positioning his body halfway over hers, his right leg tangled with her lower body, his erection pressed against her left hip, and his upper body resting to her left while his lips devoured her. They continued to kiss, Spike’s hands shifting so that one could support his upper body while the other trailed down to her stomach where it rested for a moment before easing it’s way up her thin cami to settle on flesh.

Buffy was enjoying this, letting her tongue out to tentatively trace the contours of Spike’s mouth. This was what she dreamed about- Spike, in her room, kissing her breathless.

At first, Buffy really didn’t notice Spike’s hand as it crept under her cami to rest on her bare stomach. Nor did she notice when his hand began creeping upward towards her breasts, his fingertips tracing small circles on her flesh. She did, however, notice when his hand cupped one of her small breasts and he began gently rubbing his thumb across her tit, coaxing it into erectness. Buffy was so caught up in the moment at this point that she didn’t really care when Spike pushed her shirt up over head and threw it onto the floor.

Spike’s kisses were long and decadent, one moment fierce and passionate, the next gentle and teasing. His wandering hand grazed it’s way down from her small, pert tits to her flat stomach, and then further down, his long, slender fingers dipping between her thong and her pajama pants to stroke her hot pussy through the moist fabric of her panties.

Neither of them could stand that torment for too long, and Spike’s deft digits soon found their way inside Buffy’s thong, his fingertips just barely grazing over her overheated flesh. His actions were met with soft moans and gasps from Buffy, uttered through kisses that left her both struggling for breath and craving more.

Spike parted her nether lips with his fingers and slowly slid his long middle finger into her. Buffy, for her part, pulled back from Spike’s lips and gasped loudly, biting her lower lip at the intrusion.

Spike bent his head and kissed her shoulder whispering, “You ok, baby?”

Buffy just nodded her head urgently and ground her hips down against his hand, silently pleading for him to move inside her. Spike began a slow thrusting movement with his hand, using his thumb to stroke her clit and make her shudder every time he did so.

Buffy could feel herself climbing higher with every talented movement of Spike’s fingers, and her climax tore through her seemingly out of nowhere.

Buffy was still in the middle of floating back to earth when she felt Spike beginning to nudge both her blue cotton pajama bottoms and her soft white thong down her thighs. She offered no resistance, though, and she soon found herself naked, with an equally nude Spike nestled between her legs.

Spike began kissing her again, and she let her hands roam up and down his back, using her fingernails to scratch red furrows on his muscled shoulders. She hardly even noticed when he leaned over slightly and dug through his overnight bag for a condom. She did notice when he ripped open the little foil package and rolled the lubricated latex down his turgid length.

“Spike…” Buffy said softly.

“I love you, Buffy. Love you so much,” Spike gasped, moving to nibble at her neck.

“I love you, too, Spike, always,” Buffy replied. “But… Spike?” Buffy said uncertainly.

Spike lifted his head and looked her in the eyes. “Yeah?”

“Please don’t hurt me with this.”

Spike sighed and hung his head, then raised his eyes to look at her through his thick lashes. “I won’t. I promise. I swear I’ll never hurt you again.”

Buffy simply nodded and let her legs fall open a little more. Spike smirked at her and reached between their already sweating bodied to guide himself into her slick body…

And sheathed himself…

Right between Buffy’s ass cheeks! Spike was grinding himself between Buffy’s sweat-soaked ass cheeks and he didn’t even realize it! ‘Oh my God!’ Buffy thought miserably, “I can’t tell him- he’ll laugh at me! What do I do? Oh, what a way for my first time to go…” She finally decided to just wait it out and enjoy Spike’s little gasps of pleasure while releasing mewls of her own so as not to damage his ego. He was so cute, gasping into her shoulder, whispering that he loved her with every thrust. After only a few minutes of this, Spike came into the condom and “pulled out” of her. He didn’t seem to notice, which actually relieved Buffy. That was just too embarrassing.

Spike remained on top of her, blowing cool breaths on her moist neck and sending shivers down her spine. After thirty or so minutes of quiet cuddling, Spike raised his head and looked down at her. “Buffy… I… can we do it again?” Spike asked. “With you on top this time?”

Buffy wasn’t exactly sure she liked this idea. “Spike… I’m just learning here… don’t ask me to do more than I’m willing to try right now, please.”

Spike immediately jumped in, “Oh, no, luv! I just want to show you. I want to show you how good it’ll feel, pet. Please?”

He was pouting. Goddamnit to hell, he was pouting. Buffy could never resist a pout like that. “Ok,” Buffy gave in quietly. “What do I do?”

Spike immediately grabbed her by the waist and flipped them over so that she was straddling him, then pulled her head down for a quick, but passionate, kiss. Then he reached over into his bag for another condom, and Buffy watched as it enveloped his impressive girth.

His hands returned to her hips, and he guided her over his erection. Buffy took it in her hands, gently, and this time she was the one to guide the tip to her entrance. ‘No missing this time, buster…” she thought to herself as she slowly sank herself onto the head of his cock.

Buffy’s eyes widened. He was stretching her beyond belief, and God it hurt, but in such a delicious way. She sank down a little further, her body slowly swallowing his manhood. About a third of the way down his shaft, Spike met and broke her maidenhead.

Tears sprang to Buffy’s eyes at the pain and she whispered softly, “Spike, it hurts…”

“Do you want me on top again, luv?”

Buffy nodded vigorously, and Spike used his hands to carefully raise her now shaking body off of his dick. He gently laid her down on the bed and positioned himself on top of her once more. Buffy once again guided him to her entrance, and he slowly pushed inside, this time actually sliding inside of her hot quim.

It didn’t hurt so much this time, and for the first time, Spike was fully sheathed in her trembling body. He lowered her head and kissed her, beginning a gentle rhythm of thrusting and then pulling most of the way out in long, deep strokes.

Buffy was amazed. Nothing had ever felt this wonderful, ever. Spike whispered that he loved her on every out stroke, and kissed her deeply on every inward one. He gradually increased his pace, until he was pounding into her at a reckless speed, but by this time she was meeting every thrust with equal fervor, moaning out her pleasure loudly.

“Cum for me, baby. I’m so close, want you to cum with me…” Spike gasped out.

Buffy gasped her release, biting her lower lip and arching her body up into his as he slammed into her three, four, five more times before shooting himself into the condom and collapsing on top of her.

“I love you,” Buffy whispered to him.

“I love you, too, baby,” Spike replied before rolling off of her, removing the used condom, and spooning himself against her back.

The two fell asleep in each other’s arms, both totally spent, and completely happy.