Author's Chapter Notes:
please, please, please review :-)
Chapter 14


"Don’t you have to work? Like a job, you know?" Buffy asked incredulously and with not a little annoyance when she saw Spike still just sitting on the sofa watching TV and reading--somehow at the same time.
She knew that if he were anything like Giles, which in the current context he was, then he'd inherited quite a large sum of money when he'd turned eighteen and even more on his thirtieth birthday, all from his father's side.

And since that last date had only been something like three years ago, she figured he had plenty of money and could do without working for a while, but...
She didn't like him being around all day, every day.
"Do have a job, kitten," he informed her, never looking up from his book.

"And that is?" she asked expectantly.

"I'm reviewing this book."

"Spike, deciding what you think of a book is not a job." She couldn’t help rolling her eyes; he was so stupid sometimes.

"Is when they're asking me for a review so they can put it in the bloody Post." When he saw that she wasn't catching on, he explained further, "The Washington Post and a few other smaller papers run my book reviews, luv."

'Okayyy,' she amended her earlier thoughts. 'Why does he have to have a job that involves him lying around the house all day?'

"And it's not like you have a job of your own there, blondie," He'd meant a 'day' job but as soon as the words were out of his mouth he realized how he'd said it.

"I don't have a job?" She asked, and he knew he was in trouble. "Oh, how quickly they forget," she mused. "I'll show you just how much of a 'job' I have, Spike."

He was really in for it now—he didn't know how, but he knew he was from the look on her face.

He decided that staying where he was and acting like nothing was happening would be the best course of action. There wasn't much she could do to him here.
The whole conversation had started out innocently enough, Buffy decided; she was just trying to get him out of the house so he'd leave her alone for a bit. She hadn't meant to start someting. But she had.

William, who was studiously focusing his attention on his book again, didn't notice as Buffy approached the sofa.

But he did notice when she straddled his waist.

"What are you doing pet?" He asked nervously as he set the book down on the coffee table and turned his attention to Buffy.

"Thought it was kind of obvious," she answered.

"Humor me."

"You don't think I have a job," she explained. "I'm going to show you just what kind of a job I have."

It'd been over a week since that first night; a week where much less than either had expected, happened.
Spike sure wasn't sure he wanted to do this, but somewhere deep in his mind he knew what kind of effect turning her down would have on Buffy. And besides, there was his plan.

Spike smiled at her and waited until she leaned down and kissed him before speaking. "This isn't your job," he said simply when she pulled away from the kiss.
"Yeah, you're not paying me," Buffy joked, refusing to read any more into it.

"Buffy--" he warned dangerously, "that's not what I mean."

But she wasn't ready for that. "Shut up, Spike."

She muffled his protest by kissing him as she scooted further down him before unbuckling his belt.

"Buffy--"

"Spike."

He had a feeling he wasn't going to win this particular round.

"Can we at least go into your room? Or mine?"

"Nope," Buffy said, putting more of her plan into action. "Want to stay right here. Besides, that way you can get a better idea of just what my job is."

Buffy quickly discarded her shirt, hoping the sight of her naked chest would distract him—

'Jesus,' he thought. 'Does she ever wear a bra?'

--while she enacted the other part of her plan.
She picked up the television remote from its place on the coffee table and punched in a few numbers before sitting it back down.

"What are you doing?" Spike asked her when he saw what she'd put it on, still slightly distracted by the way her breasts were bouncing ever so slightly as she leaned between the sofa and the table.

"Again, I thought that was kind of obvious." Buffy attempted a light tone.

"That's porn, love."

"Well...duh. So?"

"Buffy, I don't want to watch that while I'm with you."

"Kind of sets the mood though, makes you horny and all that." She held back the part about thinking that she wasn't any different than the woman currently moaning and thrashing about on the screen and that this was her way of showing it to him.

Whatever he was going to say wasn't something Buffy was very interested in hearing so she simply stood up and took off her pants. Spike was glad that she'd at least left--

Okay, so she wasn't leaving her panties on...was she trying to kill him?

He lifted his hips up when she leaned down to pull his pants half way to his knees.

There was something about this girl that made almost all of his reasonable thoughts fly right out the window. He knew they shouldn't be doing this, knew it would damage their relationship, yet he couldn't find a way to stop.

Spike expected her to stand back up, but instead she nimbly put her knee on one side of his, near the back of the couch, and slid herself up his body.

If he hadn't already been near rock hard, the feel of her slightly pebbled nipples gliding up his body would have done it. Instead, it only served to arouse him further.

"Can you do something for me, Spike?" she asked as she was lying full on top of him, his erection encased between them.

He was ready to promise her the moon at that moment. "Anything."

"Watch that," she said as she turned her head to the left towards the television, waiting for him to do the same.

"Rather watch you," he reasoned.

"Don't care," she said and sat back up, scolding him when his gaze turned to follow her. "Watch them," she ordered.

Buffy waited until he'd obediently turned his head back to the side, watching the erotic scene being played out, before taking his stiff prick in her hands.

"Buffy...we need a--" he started, his lust addled mind finally registering something.

"A condom?" she asked, waiting until he nodded. "You honestly think someone like me isn't on the pill?" she
scoffed.

Not willing to wait anymore, she titled her head pointedly towards the television and, as he turned his attention back to it, sank down on his shaft.

Spike reached up blindly to fondle her breasts only to be stopped as Buffy moved his hands to her waist.

"Please, kitten," he said as he felt his hands move up and down with her hips as he turned to watch her.
Buffy stopped then, stopped moving completely.

"Watch them," she ordered again, waiting until his attention was back on the screen before moving again.

Spike didn't care to watch the acted out scene, finding what was happening in the same room much more arousing. He didn't care to watch a woman with overly styled chestnut hair rub an ice cube along breasts that had obviously seen a doctor’s scalpel more than once.

It was a naked woman, sure, but that's all it was. Seeing her teasing her nipples as she now sat on the man's lap, having put the ice cub, somewhat sexily, into his mouth and letting him wet her fingers; it just didn't do it for him.

Seeing the buxom brunette writhing as the man pumped first one, then two, then three fingers into her at a steadily increasing pace should have turned him on, heightened his current experience. But all he wanted was to look at Buffy.

It was her moaning that he wanted to hear, her breasts that he wanted to see bouncing as she threw her head back and rode his fingers.

Deciding to hell with her rules, Spike grabbed a hold of Buffy's hips more tightly, and flipped them, literally turning the tables on her.

"Spike?" she asked questioningly, surprised that her ploy hadn't worked.



TBC.........Purdy please review? I'll try to reply to all of the reviews I've gotten so far as soon as I get some more time--stupid, crazy lfe.

Also, because it's all her fault and because Panta_rei is a magnificent beta: here's a Supernatural fanfic I wrote...in case any of you like that show and would be interested in reading the ficlet: here