Author's Chapter Notes:
I sincerely hope you all aren't giving up on this story...there's a lot more to happen...and more Spuffy fun (of the angsty kind and otherwise) to be had...please do stick with me...and keep reviewing (I love all of those I've gotten so far and hope to get more...and that wasn't supposed to sound as greedy as it did..hmmm)
banner I made and one Elena made:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



Chapter 17
Sure this was a risky idea...but it would be fun.
Her parents had been supposed to go out of town--that's when Buffy had come up with the whole idea in the first place--but their plans had changed last minute and now they, well, weren't.

Didn't mean she was scrapping the plan though. Even
if it was a potentially dangerous one now.

Like she said, it'd be fun. If she and Spike were going to have a purely sexual relationship, then she was most definitely going to take advantage of it as much as possible.

Even if it was maybe a little risky.

William knew he wasn't really getting through to Buffy–not like he'd planned to, at least. He'd hoped that last time they'd had sex that he would have been able to get something through to her; well, at least before things had started. She'd been so intent on somehow proving that he didn't want to have sex with her—that he just wanted to have sex period—that he'd felt the need to prove to her. Well, he still wasn't one hundred percent sure what he'd proved. But he hoped that regardless, she'd know now that there was something there for him, that he wanted to be with her.

He didn't think she knew that though. It was why he really was going to prove it to her the next time she gave him the opportunity.

"Spike?"

Maybe that opportunity was coming sooner than he thought.

"Yeah, luv?" He was currently sitting on his bed, reading over his latest review one more time before submitting it. "You can come in by the way," he called to her, circling a mistake with his red pen.

"Thanks," Buffy said as she did just that. "I thought--" She stopped when she saw that he was working. "Oh! Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt; I mean you have work to do and I should really just be going and leaving you alone now," she rambled, having no idea really why she was doing so.

"Wait!" He knew it sounded desperate. "I'm just finishing up. What is it you wanted to ask?"

"I was just going to go for a swim--live in the pool house, might as well use the pool sometime."

"And you...want me to make sure you don't drown?" He wanted her to ask; maybe that way she could see that it was the idea of time with her more than the idea of the pool drawing him.

"No," she said rolling her eyes, "I was wondering if you wanted to join me."

"Think I could do with a swim after all this work. Be good company too."

"Ooh, fun!" Buffy bounced a little, "I'll go get my suit on. Meet you out there?" she asked as she walked out of the room.

"Be just a bit." Of course he'd packed a swimming suit, since he was visiting and possibly even moving to California. So he knew it was there; now he just had to find it. He really should have fully unpacked already but he'd kept putting it off.

He rifled through the bags quickly, ignoring the mess he made, nearly shouting out his excitement when he found the desired item. But he managed to hold it in, instead just sporting a huge grin that he would have hidden from anyone who came into the room at that moment.

He changed quickly in his room and took a few conscious, deep breaths before walking out to meet Buffy.


Being a true California girl, Buffy had several bathing suits to choose from, ranging from the conservative one she wore when her parents and others were around to the barely there. She even had one that she had been to nervous to wear just yet, feeling a little too naked in it. So, of course, that was the one she chose.

Buffy changed in the bathroom, tying all of the strings tightly, but not in knots. Her hair looked better down she knew, but for what she had planned that wasn't very practical; so she piled her hair up high on her head and fastened it in a bit of a knot with a small elastic band.

After applying some clear, waterproof lip gloss, Buff decided she was ready.

This was going to be fun.


Spike was already in the pool when she got outside, swimming laps on his back. He was good looking, she decided. Not that she hadn't knowing it before, but now, with the water gliding over him and his muscles flexing...ooh, this really was going to be fun.

Knowing it would ruin the effect--and maybe her plan--if she just got into the pool, she stood on the edge of the tiles and waited.

And waited.

Deciding that the waiting was ruining the plan too (but secretly impressed that he could do that many laps), Buffy walked to the far end of the pool and waited for Spike, standing right over where he'd reach the edge.

It worked. Spike touched her foot as he turned around and she could see how it surprised him.

He swam a few feet before surfacing.

"Could kill a bloke doing that, pet."

"Yeah, right," she scoffed.

"Could have hit my--" He got the water out of his eyes and finally got a good look at her. "Could kill a bloke that way too."

"What way?" Buffy feigned innocence.

"You know what way," was all he said. "Looking like that's just plain dangerous." Buffy tried to hide her blush. "Now you coming in or not?" He swam to the edge and waited for her answer.

"Sure I am." Buffy sat on the edge before slowly easing herself into the pool. "You just need to be more patient, mister."

"Don't want to be bloody patient." Spike moved closer towards her, waiting in the middle of the pool for her to get in the water.

"Lucky you then. Looks like you don't have to be." Buffy swam to him, stopping just a foot away. “What is it you're so eager to do exactly, Spike?"

He wanted to ask her to call him William, just once; but he didn't. That could wait for later. There were more pressing matters at hand right now.

"Nothing in particular," he said, answering her question. "Just some fun maybe."

"Fun?" She pretended to contemplate it. "Fun I can do."


TBC........purdy please leave me a reveiw?

and my website has a new layout..not sure if I told you yet: Still Thinking...and I'll update Saturday then probably not again til the next Saturday (I'll be out of town--but don't worry, it won't be fun)

Conclusion to My Boyfriend's Back will be posted tomoorrw :)