Author's Chapter Notes:
see below
IF YOU'RE AT ALL CONFUSED BY THINGS, PLEASE READ THE A/N

Alright..since my author's note, which was supposed to help people understand Buffy a bit more, is just making everyone hate her more..and the reviews are putting me in a bad mood..the author's note is now gone.




Chapter 20

William thought that maybe Buffy was in fact not feeling very well--she stayed in her room for the rest of the day, not even answering beyond an 'I'm fine' when he tried to found out what was going on with her.

So, he decided to just work on some more of his reviews and hope that Buffy wasn't too upset with him. And that, by leaving her alone, he was doing the right thing.

But it was making him nervous. It had been years since he was this unsure of what to do...in terms of a woman, or just in general.

Or at least since he'd admitted to it--subconsciously or otherwise. Dru had done a great job of making him into Spike, giving him the cock-sure swagger he needed to be big and bad. But, like he was trying to show Buffy, he was still William

He hoped he was doing the right thing.



'Good,' Buffy thought, 'I was able to avoid him all day, so no changing my mind just because he looks so nice and...well, innocent.'

Okay, so maybe Spike wasn't innocent looking, but...naive maybe. He didn't seem to see her for what she was; tonight was going to change that, though.

It had taken her a while to get ready--dressed and mentally prepared--but now there wasn't anything that was going to stop her from her 'mission'. Her mission to prove to William what she was and see if he still wanted her afterwards.


It was a good thing--a very good thing--Buffy decided as she settled herself on Spike's bed, that he was a heavy sleeper.

Phone? Check. Pillow? Check. Vibrator? Check. Sexy lingerie? Check. Underwear? No check.

Good, she was ready.

The bed was an exact replica of the one in her room--her parents were uncreative like that--so she'd practiced already and knew exactly how to position herself for this. Placing the pillow that she'd taken from her room behind her, Buffy leaned carefully against the foot board. She made it so that she was in just the right place, somewhere between sitting up and lying down and fluffed her hair around on the pillow; she needed to look good.

Buffy turned the phone on and called up the appropriate number. As the phone started ringing on the other end, Buffy turned on the little vibrator and put it into position.

Ready, set, and....go.



Spike wasn't sure what it was that woke him up; he'd been in the middle of a very nice dream involving him and Buffy, and then he was awake. He just wasn't sure why.

At least not at first he wasn't. When he finally opened his eyes fully and adjusted to the darkness he knew three things: first, that he knew what had woken him up; second, he knew that you definitely could hear in your sleep; and last but definitely not least, he knew he was hard as a rock.

Buffy was positioned at the end of his bed basically fucking herself with the vibrator and she'd put herself in just the right position so that he could see everything that was happening. He could see the thing sliding in and out of her, slick and shiny from her juices. He could see her other hand flicking her nipple through the sexy bit of lace she had on. And he could see the look on her face as well. Her face was flushed, her bottom lip swollen from where she was intermittently biting at it and pulling it into her mouth, and her eyes....God, her eyes. Her eyes were half closed but she was still watching him, intently, completely.

But she was also on the phone. Her finger left her chest and went back to holding the phone that she'd been holding with her shoulder.

"Oh yeah," she moaned. “Please. Fuck me!" And she started moving faster against the...thing.

She was saying something else now, something about whoever was on the other end of that phone line 'feeling so good', making her 'feel so good', but he wasn't listening. Or, he was trying not to.

He needed to--

Oh God, what was she doing?

Spike started to get up, but he wasn't fast enough. While he'd been trying to block everything out Buffy had gotten up and now she was just mere milliseconds away from impaling herself on his cock. Which, despite his mental protestations, was still as hard as coudl be.

Before he had a chance to react or figure out why all of this was happening, Buffy was bouncing up and down, fucking him. And he didn't want it to, but it God did it feel good. No matter the circumstances, this was still Buffy.

He grabbed onto her hips, helping to guide her movements, lifting his own hips to meet hers.

"Do I make you hard?" she was whispering as she leaned down so far that her chest was nearly resting against his. Spike started to answer when he realized she wasn't talking to him. She was talking to whoever the bloody hell was on that fucking phone. "Do I?" she asked again. "Because you make me wet. You get my tight little pussy so wet." She drew out the last word so much that he was all but moaning at the end of it.

"Ohhh!" Buffy moaned, sitting up again and moving even faster, rubbing herself against him each time their pelvises came together. "You make it so...make me feel so damn good!"

Just moments later she was whimpering about how close she was...and Spike couldn't take it anymore. He grabbed tightly onto her hips and flipped them over, thrusting into her quickly and harshly. That seemed to do it for Buffy because just seconds later she was screaming unintelligible words as she climaxed; Spike following shortly thereafter.

Spike went to bury his head in her hair, on her shoulder, when he felt something hard in his way.

The phone.

The bloody fucking phone. How had he managed to forget?

But when he looked into her eyes Spike knew Buffy hadn't forgotten about the phone. This hadn't been about him, not a bit of it. The reality of that slammed into him like...like a bleedin' ton of bricks. He'd just been...convenient.

Spike got up as quickly as he could and stormed into the bathroom—well, the best he could 'storm' anywhere with his semi-hard cock and a naked, panting Buffy on his bed.

For not the first time in his life he wished that he'd worn something to bed. Wished that he'd had some fucking self control. Something...something to resist the girl who was intent on breaking his heart.


That had gone exactly how she'd wanted. So why was she blinking back tears? And why did she feel like a horrible person? Okay, so maybe she knew the answer to the last one: Because she was a horrible person.

Now Spike knew that too.

So she should be happy; she'd finally succeeded in getting Spike to see who she was. There wouldn't be any more delusions there, she decided with a humorless laugh.

It just shouldn't hurt so much.



TBC......please review

The first chapter of my new fic titled (at least for now) Just a Thing will be posted Thursday . Now I'll go back to ducking those pointy things being thrown at me...