Author's Chapter Notes:
at the bottom--be warned, I may sound nutty

Thank you to everyone for the 'feel well' wishes..whatever you'd call them if they had a name

Chapter 2 of (I Wanna) Be There will be up in a few moments...along with a ficlet hopefully soon
Epilogue


Three Years Later


Thanks to Summer School and Spike helping her to make the most of her credits, Buffy was going to graduate in just a few short months, right after the Christmas holidays.

She was going to have a degree in European history--something that was taught in schools in both California and, as far as she knew, England. She hadn't told William that that was part of her reason for choosing European over American History. She wasn't sure what she wanted to do, or where, just yet, but she wanted to have as many options as she possibly could.

Buffy still wasn't sure what she wanted to do career-wise, but she was thinking about either taking some more classes in the future and becoming a high school history teacher or maybe, working at one of the museums.

Right now though, her only plan was to make it through graduation--and then plan her wedding. If Spike had his way, they would have already been married--hell, they'd been living together for basically four years now. But Buffy hadn't wanted to get married during college; she didn't see how she could do both as well as she need to if she were doing them at the same time.

Spike apparently understood because, after that first conversation, he hadn't brought it up again. Sure he'd bought her a diamond ring that first winter they had been in the house, but as he'd explained that wasn't an engagement ring because her real engagement ring was going to be better.

And it had been. Just a few months ago, at the end of July, Spike had asked her to marry him. He had given her his grandmother's ring, a beautiful old ring with a wonderful square diamond that Buffy couldn't believe the beauty of. Spike explained that it wasn't the biggest diamond and that if she wanted something bigger than he could of course buy her a new ring. She could tell though what her wearing the family ring meant to him and besides, she loved it. So, needless to say, she had kept it.

They weren't getting married until later the coming summer, leaving her plenty of time after graduation to plan everything.


Giles still wasn't completely accepting of their relationship, but had left the tactless insults and barbs behind. Buffy guessed it was mostly her mother's doing. Her mother, who couldn't be happier for the two of them. Joyce didn't seem upset by the fact that her soon to be son-in-law was nearly forty years of age, which William had thanked her once for, privately. He knew how much her step-father's disapproval was upsetting Buffy and thanked Joyce for being so supportive, letting her know that both her and Buffy appreciated it more than they could ever possibly express.

Buffy had made several new friends at school and she, Willow, Xander, Fred, and Faith spent a lot of time together...with William along most of the time of course.

She liked having friends again much more than she ever had thought she would. Even more, though, she liked having Spike again. There were days when she still had a hard time believing he had let her back in is life, but he would always somehow know and assure her that he was the lucky one. She loved him more than should even be possible.

Spike was also doing well professionally, something he kept trying to convince Buffy was much her doing. He said that she was the one who had given him the courage and made him believe in himself again. While extremely flattered, Buffy wasn't too sure she should be given that much credit.

That was actually why she was home alone this weekend--his professional success. He was in New York meeting with his publisher, showing them what he hoped was going to be his second novel. The fist, coming out just under two years ago, had been a great success, both critically and sales-wise. Everyone had been awaiting a follow-up and he had finally finished. Now all that had to happen was his publisher had to give it the final approval and everything would be set.

It really was great for him, of course, but Buffy still missed him terribly. If only she didn't have school she would have been able to go with. But she did and so she hadn't.

But maybe...

Buffy found the pad that the number was written on and quickly dialed. It was six here, so that meant it was nice there...perfect.


Spike reached over for the ringing hotel room phone, hoping that it wasn't anyone wanting to talk to him about work.

"Hello?"

"What are you wearing?" She tried to sound seductive.

"Buffy?"

"Anyone else going to be asking you that question?"

"Well…no, it's just--"

"Right, so let's start over okay?"

"Sure," Spike agreed, felling much better just at hearing her voice--and even better than that at what he thought she was doing.

"So, what are you wearing?"






THE END



So, this is done…well the main part of it at least—there’s still sequelyness to come…I know I’ve thanked you all a million times over for all of the reviews, but I really have meant it each and every time; this was my little experiment as to whether or not I could write NC-17 (well technically A New Year’s Countdown was first, but this is the first full length one)…I have to say, I’m rather happy with the results. I can't believe I have a story that's on the top 10 reviewed list...for 'ever' not just 'the past 30 days'.....still amazed by that one--just ask Panta, I keep asking her how it happened.

I want to thank everyone, too, who read the fic and didn’t review-though I wish you would just so I know you’re here—it’s nice just knowing that many people are reading something I wrote. That you all want to read something I wrote.

I really wish I had a new fic to post for you all right now, but Interpretations still hasn’t been finished. Now, before you decide I’m the slowest writer alive, I had planned it to be a twenty or so chapter fic, a relatively short one. It’s now very much past that—and less than 2500 words away from being as long as this story (SB).

I just might be able to finish it today though—I should have been able to yesterday but I’m still kind of sick and yesterday I just wasn’t up to it. I always like to overlap the end of one story with the start of another so I would like to apologise (one last time) for not doing it right now.

Maybe after this I’ll be good about only starting one fic at a time—and finishing it before starting another one.

Oh, to everyone that knew about the little ‘game’ I had going—Panta and Brat and at least one other person knew—I won :) And yes, I am convincing myself it is a good thing.

On that same note, and to stick in my little bit of a public service announcement: Remember to nominate your favorite fics and/or authors (at Love’s Last Glimpse Awards, Spark & Burn Awards, Burst into Flame Awards, or any of the other sites) or to leave a review…even if it’s not why we write, it certainly is capable of making it more enjoyable.

Now, I know you can probably tell that I’m sick just from the complete rambliness and just plain confusing nature of that author’s note…I promise I’m making more sense in the fic I’m writing right now.



If you want to skip my whole long bit above, just know that I thank you all very much for all of the reviews :)

I'm marking this story as complete now--when I have posted the sequels (I'm posting them as part of this story) I will add that in the summary (ex: right now the first 'sequel' is titled Sunshine...I will add *Chapter 1 of Sunshine added* to the summary, changing the chapter number each time, then saying it's complete once it is.....I'll bold it too

I hope that all made some sense ::hugs to every single one of you:: THANK YOU!!