Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry again for the long wait, for those that are still interested in this. I hope you guys continue to like it. I'll be turning 23 in a few days and reviews would really make me all kinds of happy=)
Chapter 12

After her chat with Faith, Buffy headed back over to her friends.

“Where’s Spike?” she asked, noticing that he was nowhere to be found.

“He went to the bar to see what was taking you so long. I guess you just missed each other. Was that Faith I saw?”

Buffy nodded at Willow, not caring to say anything else about it. She just turned her attention to the bar and smiled when she finally spotted Spike. Her smile abruptly faded when she saw that he wasn’t alone. She would recognize the blonde talking to her boyfriend any day. “Oh, I don’t think so,” she said angrily to no one in particular, making her way over to the bar. She glared at the blonde woman once she reached them. “Can I help you with something, Harmony?”

Spike looked beyond relieved to see her there. He’d recognized the blonde as the one that Lindsey had been seeing behind Buffy’s back; he was just too polite to tell her to shove off, and felt nothing but gratitude that Buffy showed up.

“It’s Betty, right?”

She rolled her eyes. “It’s Buffy. Is there a reason of why you’re harassing my boyfriend? What? Is Lindsey not getting the job done?”

Harmony matched her glare with one of her own. “Lindsey is doing just fine, but a girl has needs. He told me about leaving you. I can understand why he would decide to look elsewhere.” She turned her attention back on Spike, ignoring the scowl that Buffy was throwing her way. “See you around, Blondie Bear.” She touched his arm and was about to leave, but was stopped by one very aggravated blonde.

“You won’t be seeing him again. I’ll be damned if I’m gonna lose another boyfriend to a tramp like you, especially one worth keeping. Lindsey is all yours, but just so you know, Spike would never touch you. Unlike Lindsey, he has taste. Plus there’s no telling how many diseases you might have.”

Harmony wasn’t about to take that. “At least I know how to please a man. How long do you think it will be before this one gets tired of you, too? You’re obviously doing something wrong, Betty.”

Buffy moved forward, looking extremely pissed off.

Spike stepped up before things got too ugly. “I’m tired of being polite, you irritating bint. Buffy is more woman than you could ever be and I’m very lucky to have her. What does it say for Lindsey’s performance if you’re looking for someone else on the side? I think you should just leave.”

Harmony pouted like a child. “That’s not very nice, Spikey.”

He rolled his eyes. Lindsey was a bigger fool than he thought if this was the sort of chit he chose above Buffy.

Buffy grabbed his hand. “Forget it, we’ll just leave. You can find someone else that is desperate enough to go home with you.” She turned away, pulling Spike along with her.

“You know, Lindsey was right about you. You really are an uptight bitch. No wonder he decided to look for something better.”

Buffy pulled away from Spike and marched back over to the infuriating woman. She had about enough.

Spike watched her go and knew that things weren’t going to be pretty.

Buffy couldn’t think about anything except for wiping that annoying smile off of Harmony’s face. She pulled back her first and slugged the other girl right in the face.

Harmony yelled and fell back against the bar, her hands flying to her nose. “You crazy bitch!” she spat, bolting out of the Bronze.

Spike was shocked when he made his way over to Buffy, who was breathing hard, her face red with anger.

He chose his words wisely. “I thought you didn’t believe in violence.”

“I made an exception for her.”

Spike nodded. “Remind me not to piss you off.”

She looked back at the spot where Harmony was once standing.

A few patrons that were at the bar took off after her punch, obviously not eager to get in the blonde’s way.

Buffy could care less. She just took hold of Spike’s hand, then returned to her friends.


* * * * *


“My poor baby.”

Buffy pouted. “Hey, that really hurts. I think I’ll stick to being non-violent.”

Spike smiled, handing her the icepack for her hand. “Well, I think it was bloody sexy. You probably ruined her nose job, too.”

She rolled her eyes. “I did her a favor. She should get her money back for that. I can’t believe the bitch had the nerve to hit on my boyfriend after she took the last one. She had that coming. She reminds me of every girl that I hated in high school.”

“She reminds me of every girl that I slept with after Dru.” He cringed at just the thought of it.

“Sweetie, know your audience. That’s not something I needed to hear.”

Spike nodded apologetically. “Right, sorry about that. I’m just really glad to be out of that phase.”

Buffy couldn’t agree more. She suddenly felt a little shy at what she wanted to say next. “Riley isn’t expecting me to come home tonight. I called him while you were in the bathroom. I was wondering if I could stay here.”

Spike wasn’t expecting that, but he couldn’t deny her anything. “Of course, you can take my bed. I’ll be fine on the couch.”

Buffy took a deep breath before she said the rest. “Actually, I was thinking we could both share the bed.” She saw his eyebrows raise, figuring that she would have to be more specific. “I think I’m ready to take our relationship to the next level. I know it’s still really soon, but I want this. I’ve thought a lot about it the last few days.”

“Are you sure about this, love? We don’t have to do anything if you’re not ready.”

She has never been more positive about anything in her life. “I’m ready; I want to be with you in every way possible.”

Spike nodded sheepishly. He took her hand in his, pulling her off of the couch and into his room.