Chapter 13

Buffy’s nervousness really hit her after she entered his bedroom.

Spike wrapped his arms around her waist, placing a kiss on her cheek.

She felt herself relax at his presence.

He led her to the bed, where she sat awkwardly, unsure what to do first.

Spike sat beside her, taking her hand in his. “You let me know if you change your mind.”

Buffy nodded. She wasn’t a virgin, but it felt like her first time.

Spike gently pushed her down on the bed. He didn’t waste any time; he stripped her until she was only in her bra and panties. He then planted kisses on the smooth skin of her stomach.

Buffy felt her breath catch in her throat as his lips brushed every inch of her that he could, finally reaching her mouth. She held him to her as she willingly returned the kiss, never wanting him to stop.

Spike pulled away when breathing became an issue.

Buffy watched lustfully as he took his clothes off and tossed them on the floor to join hers. She has never seen such a fine specimen of male before.

Spike moved back on top of her, kissing her senseless once again. He removed her undergarments, so there was nothing between them. He was about to grab a condom from his drawer, but Buffy stopped him.

“It’s okay, I’m on the pill.”

He nodded, smiling down at her.

Buffy took another deep breath when he positioned himself above her, and Spike didn’t hesitate before leisurely sliding into her warm heat. She gasped at the wonderful invasion and held him tighter to her chest.

Spike looked into her eyes. “Are you okay?”

Buffy nodded. “Yeah, just go slow. It’s been a while.”

He nodded as well, slowly starting to move inside of her as Buffy ran her hands down his back. He felt her squeeze him and tried to make it last as long as he could.

“You can go faster now,” she whispered.

Spike was happy to oblige and made his thrusts faster, still being careful not to hurt her.

“God, Spike,” she moaned out.

Spike was about to lose what little control he had left. He pounded into her harder, knowing that she was close.

Buffy screamed out her release a moment later.

Spike right along beside her. He rested his head against hers as they panted in recovery. A few minutes later, he rolled off of her to keep from crushing her.

Buffy turned to look at him. “That was amazing.”

He smiled, pulling her closer to his side. “Yeah, that it was.”

“You’ll be here when I wake up, right?”

Spike felt like a complete git when he saw the insecurity written on her face. He really regretted telling her about not being around in the morning with those other women, but he didn’t want there to be any secrets between them. He gave her a soft kiss on the top of her head. “I’ll be here when you wake up and every day after that.”

Buffy sighed in relief, snuggling closer to him and resting her head on his chest. She was soon fast asleep, with a contented smile on her face.

Spike watched her for a while longer; everything finally made clear to him. “I love you,” he whispered, drifting off to sleep as well.


* * * * *


“Sweetie, what is this about?”

Buffy took a deep breath before answering her mother’s question. She’d asked both of her parents to meet her at the Espresso Pump a couple of days later. “I decided to end things with Lindsey. I just don’t think he’s the right person for me.”

A huge smile formed on Hank’s face.

Joyce elbowed him in the side.

He quickly fell expressionless. “I’m so sorry to hear about that, baby.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Yeah, I’m sure you’re both very upset about it. There’s something else I wanted to tell you.”

Joyce’s eyes widened. “You’re not pregnant, are you?”

Buffy shook her head. “I’m not pregnant, but I did meet someone else. We’ve been seeing each other recently and I know you’re going to tell me that I’m moving too fast. I realize that I just broke up with Lindsey, but I’m finally happy. Spike makes me feel wonderful and I don’t think I can find that with anyone else.”

“His name is Spike? He’s not in a gang, is he? Do I need to get the gun?”

Buffy rubbed her eyes. “Daddy, you need to stop doing that. There will be no guns or belts, okay? Spike is just a nickname, his real name is William. He’s a really great guy. I’m telling you this now because I was hoping to bring him with me to dinner next week. I know you guys will like him.”

Joyce nodded. “Of course he can come with you. We would love to meet him. Wouldn’t we, Hank?”

Hank paused when he noticed that his wife had her resolve face on. He just couldn’t say no to that. “What your mother said,” he mumbled.

Buffy smiled and got up to hug both of her parents. “Thank you so much, I know you won’t regret it. I’ll be sure to tell Spike to be on his best behavior. You won’t be disappointed.”

They watched as their only daughter walked away, leaving them with their thoughts.

Hank turned to Joyce. “You don’t suppose he wears a dog collar with a name like that, do you?”

She rolled her eyes. “Honestly, Hank. He’s Buffy’s boyfriend now. I’m sure he’s a fine young man.”

Hank wasn’t so convinced, but he let it go. “Well, anyone has to be better than the lawyer.”

Joyce couldn’t agree more.


* * * * *


“Spike, are you here?” Buffy called out as she walked into his apartment, finding the door to be unlocked.

“Hey, how did it go with your parents?” he asked, coming out of the bedroom.

“It went good, except for my dad threatening to pull a gun out on you.”

Spike grew paler at that. “What?”

Buffy laughed at the look on his face. “He was kidding, it’s this thing he does. My parents are just overprotective. I know they’re going to love you.”

He sighed in relief. “I hope you’re right about that.”

Buffy nodded. “Yeah, I’ll make sure the guns are all put away when we get there.”

“Thanks ever so.”

She kissed him to ease some of his fears. “You’ll be fine. I’ll be right there with you.”

Spike smiled. “That’s good to know.” He planted a kiss on the top of her head and held her close to him. He was pretty nervous about meeting her parents, but knew that it would all be worth it in the end.