Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the delay. I should be faster with the updates now, but I believe the story isn’t that much longer. I’m dealing with writer’s block at the moment. Hopefully you guys haven’t forgotten about this one. I hope you like the chapter=)
Chapter 16

“What? Lindsey’s the father? He’s the guy you told me about?”

Faith nodded when the questions seemed to stop, but Buffy wasn’t quite finished.

“How the hell did that happen? You mean to tell me that you slept with him three years ago? I thought you hated him. Why would you sleep with him? And while I was dating him? I can’t believe you would do that.”

Faith held her hand up, finally cutting Buffy off. “Can I please explain before you go biting my head off?”

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest. “Go ahead, this should be good.”

Faith took a deep breath. “First of all, I’m sorry you had to find out like that. I never wanted anyone to find out. I just wanted to forget that he ever existed. I never asked for any of this, but I can’t say that I regret it. I brought a beautiful, little girl into the world. That’s something I could never regret, but I do regret the way it happened.”

Buffy dropped her hands back to her side. “How did it happen? It was when I was with him, right?”

Faith nodded. “You two were together for a few months when it happened. I didn’t like Lindsey from the beginning. I never thought he was good enough for you, but no matter how much I tried to tell you that, you would never listen. You never listened to anything bad that was said about him. You were just so happy to find a guy that was really interested in you. I tried to be happy for you, but I just couldn’t. It happened right after we had that argument in your dorm. I was upset and wanted to blow off some steam, so I ended up at some college party. I had a bit too much to drink that night. Anyway, I saw Lindsey there with another girl and went to confront him about it. I told him that I would tell you and he tried to convince me that it was no big deal. He said that you wouldn’t believe me anyway, so there was no point in telling you. I said that I didn’t care and tried to leave, but he wouldn’t let me. He made this big deal about us talking about it in private. So, I ended up following him to one of the empty rooms we found. He tried to explain that the girl he was with didn’t mean anything to him and that he loved you, but I could tell how drunk he was. It was hard to believe anything that came out of his mouth. He then started to smooth talk me by saying how tense I was and that I should relax.”

Buffy gasped when she had a feeling about the rest of it. “Oh god, did he rape you?”

Faith felt tears start to blur her vision, but continued with the story. “I was too wasted to fight him off. I remember him throwing me on the bed and it was all a little hazy after that. I think I passed out or something, but when I woke up, I was laying in the bed naked next to him. He was sleeping, so I just snuck out of there. I didn’t know what else to do. I saw Lindsey the next day and he acted like nothing happened. He said that he didn’t remember any of it, but there was no way I could believe that. I was so angry and that’s when I decided to tell you about the other girl I saw, leaving out the rest of it. What really hurt was knowing that he was right, you didn’t believe me. I think that was the last time we really talked. You cut yourself off from everyone after that, especially me. It was about two months later that I found out I was pregnant.”

Buffy was trying to fight the tears that wanted to fall down her face now, but it was a losing battle. “Faith, I’m so sorry. I had no idea that happened. I should have just listened to you, but that wasn’t the only reason we stopped talking. Lindsey told me that you tried to hit on him. I can’t believe I actually believed that bastard. I can’t believe I spent three years of my life with him. I’m so sorry.”

Faith wrapped her arms around Buffy and gave her a reassuring hug.

Buffy reciprocated the embrace, not being able to stop the tears any longer.

“It’s all in the past, it doesn’t matter anymore. At least we’re finally together now.”

Buffy nodded and pulled out of the hug a few seconds later. She couldn’t believe everything that happened, then angrily wiped at her tears. “I’ll kill him for this,” she spat.

“No, I don’t want to make things worse. I just wanna forget about everything that happened with him. I can’t have him finding out about Dawn. Promise you won’t tell him,” Faith practically pleaded.

“I won’t say anything about Dawn, but I have to do something. We’ve both been victims for far too long. I think it was about time that changed. He can’t just push women around because he feels like it. If it’s not us, it’ll be some other poor girl. Not really counting Harmony, she deserves him.”

That got a laugh out of Faith. She heard about the secretary that was Lindsey’s new conquest. “Honestly, I don’t care what you do to the prick. I only care if he finds out about Dawn. He’s a lawyer, there’s no telling what he might do.”

Buffy put her arm around the brunette. “Don’t worry, he’ll never find out about her.”

Faith smiled. “Thanks, I really appreciate that. I think I’m gonna get home now. I have a sudden urge to hold my daughter. I’ll see you later?”

“Yeah, you can count on that. I’m glad you told me, Faith. Things are going to be different from now on.”

Faith nodded and after giving Buffy a smile, left the alley.

Buffy watched her go, then turned around and headed back inside the club. She had a determined look on her face when she spotted Lindsey by the stage, talking to some slutty blonde. She rolled her eyes and made her way over to them.

Lindsey looked away from the woman to notice Buffy coming in his direction. He never expected her to be there. He expected the fist in his face even less.

Buffy watched with a satisfied smile as Lindsey fell to the floor. “That is for everyone that you’ve hurt.” She then gave him a nice, hard, kick in the groin.

Lindsey groaned in pain, with one hand on his nose and the other on his privates.

“That was for the last three years. I hope you enjoy the rest of your pitiful existence, Lindsey.” She turned around, only to bump into Spike.

He smiled at her after witnessing the display. “Is it wrong for me to be turned on by that?”

She smiled in return, then grabbed his hand and headed to where her friends were waiting.

Spike turned back to look at Lindsey one last time. He grinned and gave the other man the finger, pleased in the look of loathing that Lindsey was throwing his way.