Author's Chapter Notes:
Yay, I’ve finally come up with an ending for this story. I didn’t think it would happen. It’s probably really corny, but at least I wrote something. I couldn’t just leave things where the last chapter left off. I really hope you guys haven’t completely forgotten about this story and would check it out. It’s just a little early Thanksgiving goodness for you. Hope you guys like it=)
Epilogue

Seven years later…

“Dawn, where are you? Has anyone seen my daughter?”

Buffy glanced up from stuffing the turkey at her worried friend. “She just ran in here a few minutes ago. I think she’s playing a game with Connor.”

Faith let out a sigh. “I just can’t keep up with her these days.”

Buffy laughed. “You should wait until she’s a teenager.”

Faith looked scared at just the thought of that and went to find her daughter. “Dawn, we have to get you cleaned up. It’s almost time for dinner.” She entered the young girl’s room and saw her hiding in the closet, her little foot sticking out of the door. “Hmm, I wonder where she could be.” Faith moved over to the closet and quickly opened it. “Gotcha,” she said in triumph.

The girl pouted. “Mommy, you weren’t supposed to come looking for me. I’m hiding from Connor, we’re playing hide and seek.”

Faith kneeled down to be closer to her daughter. “You can finish the game later, baby. You need to get changed and put on that pretty dress that Aunt Buffy picked out for you.”

A young boy then bounded into the room. “Ha, I found you.”

“I’m sure your mother wants you to wash up as well, Connor. Come on, you guys can play later. It’s Thanksgiving,” she told them and was met with groans from both children.

Cordelia waddled over to her son and took him into the bathroom to clean his dirty face from playing outside. She was eight months pregnant and expecting a daughter around Christmas. Cordy and Angel were so excited to find out she was pregnant again that they couldn’t keep the sex a secret. This way they would be more prepared in what to get for the baby.

Buffy smiled when Faith joined her. “They’re so cute together sometimes. Do you think they might start dating when they get older?”

“I don’t know, B. I’m not thinking about Dawn ever dating. Men are nothing but trouble.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “How can you say that when you have a great man in your life? Gunn would do anything for that girl and you know it. Not to mention you.”

Faith nodded. “Okay, let me rephrase that. Boys are nothing but trouble.”

Buffy laughed and started to set the table. She couldn’t argue with that.

A man ran into the house from the backyard, a little girl perched on his back. “Time to put you down, sweetheart. I think Daddy is getting too old for this.” He set the child down and smiled at Buffy. “Hey, love. You need any help with that?”

Buffy smiled in return at her husband. “I’m almost finished. Are you guys having fun?”

“Daddy was giving me a piggy back ride. I wanna go again!” the little girl exclaimed.

Buffy smiled fondly at her daughter. “Maybe after dinner, Cassie. I think Daddy’s back is hurting right now.”

Spike nodded. “I’m an old man, after all.”

Buffy knew that he was far from being old, but just agreed anyway.

A little boy entered the house and by the looks of him, he was busy rolling around in the dirt outside. “Can we eat yet?”

Spike sighed and let Buffy know that he would handle it. “Come on, William. Let’s get you cleaned up,” he said, taking his son’s hand and pulling him over to the sink in the kitchen.

“Is dinner ready yet?”

Buffy rolled her eyes at the man that showed up, sounding like the children. “Yes, I just have to put the food on the table. How was your nap, Angel?”

He shrugged. “As good as it can be in a house full of kids. Have you seen Cordy?”

“She was getting Connor cleaned up. It seems all the children have chosen to get dirty at the same time.”

Angel nodded and went to look for his wife.

Buffy finished setting the table and stared at the beautiful display of food. She loved this time of year when she was around all those that she loved. They were celebrating the holiday at Faith’s house this time. It was big enough to hold everyone.

The doorbell rang and Spike went to go answer it, smiling when he saw Riley and Lorne. “Hey, we were thinking you guys wouldn’t make it.”

Lorne smiled as well. “Oh, we wouldn’t have missed this for the world.”

They walked into the house and Riley handed him a bottle of wine.

“For the happy occasion.”

Spike took the bottle from him with a thank you, then ushered them into the dining room.

Buffy smiled and hugged both men, happy that everyone was able to show up. Well, those that didn’t have plans elsewhere. The last she heard of Lindsey, he moved back to Texas and was probably a farmer now. She wished him luck with that.

The others finally made their way into the dining room and took their seats around the table.

Spike cleared his throat when he saw William about to take a piece of turkey. “You know what comes first.”

The little boy retracted his hand and looked down.

They all lowered their heads and gave thanks before digging in to the delicious meal.

“You outdid yourself again, love. This is fantastic.”

Buffy beamed at the praise as everyone else also gave her compliments. She would never get tired of it.

Everyone then started breaking out into different conversations.

Buffy grasped Spike’s hand under the table, giving it a squeeze. “We need to talk after dinner. I have something that I need to tell you.”

Spike raised his eyebrows. “You can tell me now if it’s so important.”

Buffy thought about it and nodded. “Okay, I guess I’ll start by saying that I lied about going to the mall with the girls last week.”

He placed his hand over his heart. “Are you having an affair?”

Buffy slapped his arm and could tell that he was only teasing. “I didn’t want to tell you until I knew for sure, but I went to the doctor’s instead.” She took a deep breath before continuing. “I’m pregnant, Spike.”

His eyes widened. “You’re pregnant? We’re having another baby?”

She nodded and hoped that he was okay with it, but the huge smile that lit up his face was enough to assure her.

Spike gave her a big hug, then addressed everyone else. “We’re having a baby!” he claimed in excitement, which quickly shut them all up.

There were congratulations and pats on the back after that.

Buffy pulled Spike aside once everyone was finished eating and went to do their separate things, moaning about how they would never be able to eat again.

“I want something sweet,” Connor said.

Dawn rolled her eyes. “How can you still be hungry? Why do boys eat so much?”

Connor grinned. “Why do girls eat so little?” he replied and started to tickle her, knowing that was her weakness.

Dawn laughed and tried to shove him away. “Stop, I’m gonna throw up.”

He hurriedly pulled away from her before that could happen.

Buffy watched them with interest, then got back to the conversation she was having with Spike. “Are you sure we can handle another one?”

Spike wrapped his arms around her, placing a soft kiss to her lips. “I think we can handle anything together. You’ve given me so much, Buffy. I couldn’t ask for anything more. I love you.”

She felt her eyes tear up, even though she was used to his declarations by now. “I love you, too.”

He held her tighter and pressed his lips to her hair.

Buffy rested her head against his chest. She really couldn’t ask for a more perfect life. She had the most amazing husband, two wonderful children, and a baby on the way. Yeah, life really couldn’t get any better than that.

The End


Chapter End Notes:
Well, there you have it. I’ve finally reached the end of this one. I hope it didn’t completely suck; it took me forever to come up with something. I don’t even know why. I’m working on a new story now that I plan on posting when I’m done with Learning to Breathe. That was supposed to be my last story, but I just kept getting more ideas. I guess I won’t be quitting anytime soon. I hope you guys don’t mind. Thanks for all of the reviews with this one. I know some of the chapters took me forever to post, but I’m glad you guys stuck with it. Well, don’t forget to review me one last time. Thanks ever so=)