Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, so it's been too long since I've updated this and here's the next chapter.

Thank you again for the nominations at Love's Last Glimpse Awards.
THE WORLD IS MINE


Summary: Spike makes his threat to Angel even more lethal.
While he returns to Buffy, Spike realizes some very eye-opening facts.

Xander has a tiff with Anya over his wedding guest list and well let’s just say he does something stupid.

Everyone at Buffy’s comes to realize just what Xander had in mind with the wedding invitation and the pictures Angel took. Will Buffy fall for the veiled threat?


Chapter 12: ‘Her #1 With A Bullet’


“So Crawford, what’s it gonna’ be then?” Spike asked the huge dark-haired man who was at the moment, still down on his knees; Spike’s gun to his head.

“Are you going to leave town, all nice and friendly like, with your wife in tow? Are you going to let my girl and her family alone or…” Spike was cut off by a whimpering Angel.

“Even if I do leave,” Angel groaned from the pain Spike had caused him earlier. “Even if I go,” he continued, almost stuttering by from the pain by this time. "Do you honestly think that Harris is going to let up?”

Angel gave Spike a last stand smirk of triumph; which he instantly lost when he saw the murderous look in Giles’ narrowed blue eyes.

“I think,” Spike began with a growl, “that you’re leaving, now,” he added evenly.

“Let me explain something to you Peaches,” Spike actually chuckled at his new found name for the pathetic loser at his feet.

“I look at this whole Harris thing as kind of a demented chess game; with Xander being the king if you will. Harris has all kinds of bloody little knights and such that surround him; protect him,” the blond grinned down at Angel evilly.

“Yup, there’s knights, rooks and even pawns a plenty in this game,” Spike chuckled again as he clicked the safety back on his gun. His steely blue gaze never left Angel’s fearful dark gaze however.

“I come along to save the queen let’s say. Can you guess who the real queen is Crawford?” Spike grinned at the shaking man.

“Buffy,” Angel mumbled almost incoherently.

“What’s that?” Spiked asked quietly through clenched teeth. “Didn’t quite hear you Peaches; you know what I mean? Now, tell me, who’s the real queen here?”

“Buffy Summers,” Angel spat once again as he tried to keep his anger in check.

“Right answer,” Spike replied with a benevolent smile. “You’re not as fucking stupid as you look Crawford,” the Brit chuckled wickedly.

“Now, I see you,” Spike continued, “as the real pawn in this game. The throwaway piece of the board that really isn’t all that necessary in the first place. So, if I see you as a pawn for Harris; what do you think your boss sees you as?”

Spike gave Angel his best choir boy smile and waited for the oaf’s response.

“Xander sees me as a pawn; a fool,” Angel finally muttered, his head hung down so his eyes could not meet Spike’s.

“Right again,” Spike grunted proudly at the pathetic moron at his feet. “So if this so called boss sees you as basically useless and a fool, then why not skip town with some of your pride intact boy? Get out of Sunnydale while you can still leave in one piece Crawford.”

Spike pulled back and made ready to leave Angel’s cramped office space.

“Oh and Crawford,” he turned to face the still kneeling hulk of a man. “I wouldn’t head towards LA, or anywhere near the Summers’ females, got it?”

Angel nodded slowly, but still did not look at Spike Giles.

“Because,” Spike began evenly, “if anything shows up that upsets Buffy again and I even think for a moment that you’re involved? I’ll track you down again and rip your balls off and shove them down your worthless bloody throat!”

The blond straightened up again to leave, but hesitated.

“You know,” Spike began in an even tone, his mouth curled into a wicked smirk. “I hate to kick a bloke when he’s down, but for you? I’ll make an exception.”

Before Angel could blink in disbelief, Spike gave him one more sharp kick in his left ribcage. With that, the smaller, apparently tougher blond man turned and sauntered from the disheveled office.

“Get out of Sunnydale,” Spike barked from Angel’s doorway. He never even looked back at the broken man he had left on the floor.


Spike drove like a bat out of hell to reach Buffy’s condo at record speed. He had called his uncle on his cell phone but still, he wouldn’t feel completely at peace until he held Buffy in his arms once again.

Uncle Rupert had tried to convince Spike that Buffy was alright; calmed down and even keeled. The bar-b-que was still going on, if only because Jennifer had kept it that way. His uncle’s wife had wanted to keep things as normal as possible at Buffy’s place.

As Spike drove along, or rather raced along, he thought about the earlier scene with Angel Crawford.

Of course, Spike realized for every Crawford that Harris threw at them, he would produce ten more knights and pawns at his disposal. Somehow, Spike knew that Angel was probably one of Xander’s first string players however and it was what propelled him to act the way he had.

With someone like Angel out of the picture; it sent a clear message to Xander that there was real lethal threat to him. Not that Buffy wasn’t a true threat to any of the bad guys of course. However with Spike as her ally, together, the couple could prove deadly to Sunnydale’s self-proclaimed ‘king of mayhem’ that was Xander Harris.

“Can’t believe the bloody fuck would hurt my girl like that!” Spike muttered as he turned off of Interstate 5 onto the street to Buffy’s place.

“I’ll tear the bastard to pieces myself,” he promised himself when he turned on Revello Drive; Buffy’s street.

“To think that Harris would scare the girl that I am in love…..” Spike halted his thoughts, briefly, to think about what he had just mumbled.

‘The girl that I love,’ he repeated in his head. ‘No, make that the woman I am in love with; Buffy that is,’ he reminded himself with a contented sigh.

Spike did love Buffy and was in love with her; he had been for years now. Ever since his Uncle Rupert had sent that innocent picture of her to his home in England.

When he had told Buffy, days earlier that he loved her, he had meant every word of it. Spike could only hope that one day Buffy would feel for him like he already did for her.

He loved Buffy, completely and totally loved her. Spike would do anything for her, including killing the bloody fucks that tried to hurt her or get in the way of their love.

“I’ll do anything to protect Buffy and her family,” Spike growled, his fists tightened on the wheel of his rented car. “I’ll go to hell and back for her,” he added matter-of-factly.

It scared him, a bit, to know that he’d developed a certain God complex where Buffy was concerned. To know that he, Spike Giles, would do anything for Buffy.

Then again, isn’t that what you did for the woman you loved? This was love for God’s sake and that meant all bets were off. A man in love would do anything to protect his mate and if Spike was sure of anything? It was that Buffy was his; his love; his soul mate.


It really sort of scared Spike, well sort of; the fact that he felt this strongly about Buffy and so quickly. Spike had never felt this kind of love before, not even for Cecily back in the day.

In all of his thirty-some years, even when he was that ponce, William the bloody awful poet; Spike had never felt this much love, or tenderness or protectiveness. Not for anyone, ever.

“I’ll protect my lady until the day I die,” Spike promised himself once again. “I’ll be her #1 with a bullet,” he murmured sincerely as he turned into her driveway.

“Her number 1 with a bullet,” Spike gave a derisive snort. “Bloody hell but I’m fucked,” he let go a rueful chuckle even while he hurried through Buffy’s front door.


Xander watched, with his wary dark eyes, as his fiancé, Anya, sat on their flat’s living room couch. Anya sat upright, her shoulders thrown back, tense like a snake ready to strike.

‘She’s ready to strike alright,’ Xander mused, ‘ready to strike out at me.’

His fiancé had crossed her right leg over her left and was swinging it impatiently. Anya’s arms were crossed together, over her impressive breasts and she had a pout, no more of a frown on her mouth.

“Why?” Anya finally asked, or rather grumbled the question at Xander.

“Why what,” Xander asked casually taking a drink from his scotch glass; his brown-eyed gaze was clueless, he hoped anyway.

He knew exactly what Anya was ‘asking’ about, but he played along anyway. It was better this way; Xander had figured that out quite a while back. Xander’s girl could be controlled with the right methods; one of them being his innocent act. That fooled her every time.

Apparently, however, not this time.

“You know ‘what’ Harris!” Anya screeched as she leapt from her chair and right up close and personal to Xander.

“You invited that bitch, Buffy to my wedding!” Anya screamed the answer for him.

“Now baby,” Xander began carefully, trying to keep his voice down to a somewhat civil level.

“Don’t you baby me you dickhead!” Anya bellowed yet again. She then grabbed the nearest breakable thing to her.

Unfortunately, it was the expensive Japanese vase her own mother, Sylvia, had purchased in a village way outside of Kobe, Japan.

Before Xander could stop his lady love, she had flung the beautiful, defenseless vase against the front door; shattering it into hundreds of pieces.

“Uhm, Ahn,” Xander began tentatively, his dark eyes fixed on the destroyed work of porcelain, “you’re mom got that for us, from…..”

“I know who bought that!” Anya wailed, suddenly aware of the consequences of her outburst.

“Oh shit,” Xander groaned loudly when she began to cry uncontrollably and hurried to gather the shattered vase from the floor.

“For God’s sake honey, you’ll cut your hands. Get up from there, that’s the maid’s job,” Xander muttered, successfully grabbing Anya’s shaking hands and pulling her up to him.

She glared at him anyway, through tear-filled, angry eyes.

“I only invited Buffy, and her mom and sister, I might add,” Xander sighed in frustration as he cuddled her. “To have some of my family there, that’s all,” he lied easily.

“Right,” Anya snorted, “because ‘your’ family means so fucking much to you. That’s why you killed off your parents and…..”

“I remember it being ‘you’ that slipped Mom and Pops the mickey sweetheart,” Xander hissed through clenched teeth. He glared at her with narrowed eyes; his voice was deadly calm and low.

“Only for you,” Anya responded meekly, her voice now back to normal. She did still glare at Xander though, even if her tears exposed her hurt and anger.

“I just want some family there, okay,” Xander grumbled and released his hold on her.

He turned and walked away from her and into their bedroom.

“Xander, this isn’t over,” Anya yelled after him.

“It is for now,” he stated evenly as he came out of the bedroom, coat in hand.

“Where the fuck to you think you’re going?” Anya asked incredulously. “We need to talk and…..”

“If this is some preview to our married life together, Ahn,” he began casually, “then I think we better rethink the whole wedding thing. I’ll be back late.”

Without looking back at her, Xander strode out the front door, slamming it behind him.

He never even heard, or listened for that matter, to the wails of emotional pain that emitted from his apartment. Actually, he had already put the whole thing out of his mind the instant the door slammed behind him.

Xander was good at that.


Faith lounged about the expensive motel room; her choice of course. She wore a sexy robe of soft silk, black in color and very expensive; like the room.


It didn’t surprise Faith that Xander had called her just an hour before this. He made it clear that he wanted her to meet him at this specific motel in an hour and there she was.

Xander’s threat to stop seeing her had lasted all of what? A few days? Faith had to be careful, when Xand got here, not to laugh in his big face.

The heavy knock on the motel door roused Faith from her thoughts and she loosened the tie of the robe. This gave Xander just enough view of her luscious naked flesh to keep his interest. After all, it was Xander’s interest that had kept Faith in this lousy dump of a town for so many years now.

“Hello,” Faith purred when she opened the door to greet a very anxious Xander Harris.

Not one to wait on decorum, Xander pushed through the door and past the dark haired woman.

“Anything to drink?” Xander asked tactlessly.

“Of course,” Faith replied casually as she headed towards the mini-bar to pour him a favorite drink.

As she poured the whisky into a sparkling clean glass, Faith glanced in the bar’s mirror and watched Xander’s reactions.

“Is there trouble in paradise honey?” She cackled as she turned to hand him the glass.

“None of your fucking business,” Xander grumbled between sips of his drink. “I don’t come here for the conversation Faith, don’t make more out of this then it is,” he added with a frown.

“I take it that Anya didn’t approve of the guest list?” Faith inquired with a sarcastic grin.

Xander looked up at Faith, a genuinely stunned expression on his face.

“Frank tells me everything,” Faith answered the silent question with another casual shrug.

“About my brother,” Xander began nervously. “Do you think he knows that you’re here and…..”

Faith broke out in raucous laughter, “Frank’s a wimp,” she snorted. “I can tell him anything and…..”

Xander leapt from his chair and grabbed the cackling woman by her shoulders, none too gently.

“Don’t ever talk about my little brother that way,” he hissed with true venom. His glare had turned black with fury as he glared down into Faith’s wide dark eyes. He shook the shocked woman violently.

For once, maybe for the first time in forever, Faith was truly afraid of Xander Harris.

“I,” she stammered in confusion. “I didn’t mean it,” she finally gasped in her defense.

Xander shoved Faith onto the bed and climbed in after her.

“I thought I told you to be naked when I got here,” he roared loudly, pawing at the plush robe she wore.

“Xander,” Faith gasped again, “please don’t…..”

“Don’t what? Don’t fuck you Faith? Jesus, isn’t that all a whore like you is good for?” Xander rasped.

“No,” she stuttered, “I just meant that, well you know. You obviously wanted to be here, with me,” she offered almost timidly. “I mean you said that…..”

“I meant what I said,” Xander grunted. “After Saturday, I’m a married man and you're nothing to me. This is over, after Saturday,” he repeated as if to remind himself.

‘Right,’ Faith thought to herself smugly. ‘I just bet it’s over after you’re married to that idiot Anya.’

Xander ripped off Faith’s offending panties and thrust his freed cock into her; never bothering to make sure she was ready for him.

“Just as long as ‘you’ know that meant what I said,” Faith whispered between pants. She really tried not to notice that Xander wasn’t even looking at her while he fucked her into the mattress.

“Just as long as you give me Buffy, when you’re finished with her,” she added with a moan.

‘That’ll be a cold day in hell,’ Xander said in his mind. ‘I’ll never hand my Buffy over to a psycho cunt like you.’


Buffy sat on her bed with Jennifer Giles right beside her. Rupert’s wife was doing her best to console her but…..

“Rupert’s gone to make sure everyone is okay,” Jennifer offered cautiously. “He’s…..”

“Where’s Spike?” Buffy asked for the tenth time in an hour.

“He went somewhere?” Jennifer sounded pretty damned uncertain, or so Buffy thought.

“Buffy,” Jenny began, “I think I better explain the makings of the Giles men to you…..”


Spike stormed through Buffy’s condo, searching for her; desperately needing to find her after what had just transpired.

Andrew came flying into the living room, his pale blue eyes filled with curiosity and fear.

“Is Buffy alright Mr. Spike?” Andrew asked anxiously. “She went upstairs with Mr. Giles’ wife and hasn’t been down since. Willow and Oz say…..”

“Buffy will be fine Andrew,” Spike mumbled with a measured amount of certainty. “I just need to see her; talk to her,” he finished.

“Is Buffy alright?” Amanda Calendar asked timidly of the frantic looking blond Brit.

“Like I told Andrew here,” Spike mumbled with a growing amount of impatience. “I’ll talk to Buffy and…..”

“William,” Rupert Giles barked from Buffy’s kitchen. “What in the bloody hell have you done?”

“Made things a bit simpler Uncle Rupes,” Spike replied with his patent smirk. “I’ve handled at least one of Harris’ lackeys.”

“Oh, I see,” Rupert sighed. The older man removed his glasses and wiped them with a clean handkerchief.

“Where’s my Buffy?” Spike asked as he scanned the area about him.

“Upstairs, with Jenny,” Rupert replied quietly.

Spike must have taken the staircase in less then a second by anyone’s calculations.

He stumbled into Buffy’s bedroom and knelt on the floor in front of her, taking her tiny hands in his.

“Spike?” Buffy whispered; her right brow quirked up in question as his disheveled appearance.

“I made sure Angel Crawford won’t be botherin’ you or your family again, Princess,” Spike answered her unasked question.

“Right then,” Buffy murmured in relief, sinking into Spike’s waiting arms.

“It was a message, you know,” Rupert said from the doorway. “Xander has made it clear that he wants you, William, as far away from Buffy as possible.”

“Ain’t gonna’ happen Rupes,” Spike whispered, his loving gaze was locked into Buffy’s. “I’m in this for the long haul and I’ll never leave my Buffy. I love her too much.”

“You don’t want me to go away, do you baby?” Spike asked Buffy hopefully. “You don’t want that psychotic arse, Harris, to win, do you?”

Buffy smiled softly and cupped Spike’s chiseled cheek with her tiny right hand.

“I’d rather die then have that psycho win, baby,” she murmured affectionately.

“Oh dear Lord,” Rupert groaned, again he wiped his glasses and anxiously looked at his wife. Jennifer had stood and joined him by his side, taking his arm in her's.

Spike clasped Buffy about her shoulders and pulled her body to his, embracing her in a vice-like grip.

“I’m here,” Spike whispered into Buffy’s ear. “I’m with you in this sweetling. We may go down baby, but we’ll go down swinging…..together.”


‘Sugar We’re Goin’ Down Swingin’ (by Fall Out Boy)


“We’re goin’ down down in an earlier round
And sugar we’re goin’ down swingin’
I’ll be you’re number one with a bullet
A loaded God complex;
Cock it and pull it”


A/N: Hmmm, seems that the bad guys are betraying each other left and right, eh?

Thanks for reading and please review, spufette.