Author's Chapter Notes:
I have not been a good authoress, I know. Here's the next chapter of this one and I hope you all enjoy.
THE WORLD IS MINE


Summary: Spike and Buffy have a mutual PAX (if there is some confusion about the title, I’ll explain it in an A/N at the end of this chapter).

Xander visits Nina (Angel’s ex-secretary) and tries to find out where her boss has gone. (This will not be pretty).

Anya gets an RSVP from Buffy…..oh oh.


A/N: Thank you for all reviews and to all of you who are reading this story. I promise with all my heart to respond to any reviews I get for this fic from now on. I’ve been very naughty where the fics and my responses are concerned and I do apologize.

Yes, and thank you again for my nominations at Loves Last Glimpse.


Chapter 13: ‘PAX’


Buffy Summers was dreaming, or so it seemed. As it would turn out; this just might be a nightmare, not a sweet dream of any kind.

A little girl of not quite nine years was running about Sunnydale Park. The dream child had dark hair; dark as night really. She was exquisite in every sense of the word; from her dark curly hair, her pale, porcelain skin and her green eyes right down to the perfect pink confection of a lace dress she wore.

“Mama!” The little girl cried gleefully as she stretched out her slim arms to Buffy. “Come swing me, on the swings now!” She pouted and pointed to the park’s set of swings.

“Now, Mama!” The dream child commanded puckishly. “You need to swing me now,” she screamed in an even more demanding squeal. “You need to swing me now and more, more,” the girl screeched before turning and darting to the swing set.

“No, baby no,” dream Buffy cried before she ran after her petulant little girl. For the entire dreamlike atmosphere about her and the innocence of the park like setting; Buffy knew that nothing but peril and heartbreak waited for her and her child.

“You’re a bad mommy,” the girl hissed as she sat on the swing and pumped her legs. “You’re a bad, bad mommy and you don’t deserve me! You don’t love me. You never did and so you…..”

Dream child pumped her legs more and more while she spewed the awfulness things at Buffy, or at least dream Buffy. As she pumped, the child flew higher and higher into the sky on the little swing.

“Look at me Mommy!” The little squealed in delight, going ever higher in the swing.

“I’m on top of the world Mommy! And it’s mine, all mine!”

“No!” Buffy screamed desperately clutching for the out of reach swing that held her daughter. “No!”

Buffy awoke from her nightmare and bolted straight up; her heart was beating so fast that she thought her chest might burst from it.

She gasped for breath and desperately clutched out at anything to grab onto. That’s when Buffy felt Spike wrap his arms about her and pull her close to his naked body.

Now, in the old days, Buffy would have bolted from the bed after a nightmare and lit a joint; just to calm her nerves, don’t you know?

However, considering Spike was here with her; holding her close and Jesus! Was he actually cooing in her ear?

Yes, now that Spike was here with her; oh, and the fact that he had scoured every nook and cranny of her condo and discarded her stash of weed. Well, anyway, Spike was here and who the hell needed herbal comfort when one could have warm male comfort?

Buffy was clueless at times but she certainly wasn’t stupid.


After snuggling into Spike’s strong embrace, Buffy found the strength to calm her breathing; just a bit.

“What is it then sweetling? A bad dream?” Spike murmured huskily as he held Buffy close to him.


“Yeah, you could say that,” Buffy replied; still in a sleepy daze.


“Want to tell me about it?” Spike asked almost shyly.

“Well, yeah, I guess,” she answered meekly before burying her head into his bare, oh so masculine chest.

‘Damn this man even smells great,’ Buffy thought to herself, dreamily. She steeled her nerve and began to retell her dream; or nightmare that is.

“Spike…..William,” Buffy began cautiously, unable to look him in the face. She still feared the harsh judgment she might find in is incredible blue eyes.

“It was about my child; Xander’s and mine,” Buffy stammered anxiously, her body still shaking from the remnants of her nightmare. “This time it was a little girl; a daughter.”

Spike’s body tensed, just a bit before he sighed and finally said. "Please tell me about it.”

So, Buffy told him, everything she could remember of her bizarre dream; or her nightmare that is. It depended on how one looked at it.

After she had finished her story, Buffy scanned Spike’s handsome face, nervously looking for any sign of disgust or contempt or whatever.

Finally, Spike, who had been clutching Buffy to his body throughout her retelling, began to tenderly stroke her golden hair.

“I don’t put much stock in dreams; or nightmares, Princess,” he stated matter-of-factly. “I think these blokes and such that say dreams are some kind of premonitions or omens of the future? I think they’re a bit bloody bent, you know?”

Spike gave Buffy his most disarming smile and ran his hand gently down her right cheek. His eyes never left hers and he cuddled her even closer to him.

“Truth is, baby,” he continued in a soothing voice. “I think that dreams are just your anxieties or fears coming out in your sleep; nightmares or whatnot. You feel sad or scared, can’t always cope during the awake hours. So,” he sighed heavily and fell back onto the bed, bringing Buffy with him. “So you live out those fears and such in your dreams and nightmares. I ‘spose it’s the way to keep us all from going nutters. We’ve all got those past fears, sweet. All of us. Some just more then others, yeah?”

“Uhm, yeah, I guess,” Buffy murmured softly.

He had pulled her even closer to him, if that was possible. Now, Buffy felt it was time to really tell Spike what was on her mind.

“Spike,” she began carefully.

“Hmm,” Spike mumbled sleepily, his face nuzzled into her soft, sleek neck.

“Look at me please while I say this, kay?” Buffy asked timidly, her green eyes were wide, almost pleading Spike thought.

“Go ahead, sweetling,” Spike murmured as he tenderly curled a lock of her golden hair around his fingers.

“I just wanted to say…I just wanted to tell you how glad I am that you’re here, now, with me. A part of my life and all, Will. A very stabilizing part and….” Buffy whispered the words, nervously biting her lower lip a bit, but still smiling slightly all the same.

Spike felt his heart skip a beat and his throat nearly closed up before he could reply to Buffy’s heartfelt proclamation.

He knew how hard it was for Buffy to open up to anyone at all, even her family. What Spike had not already figured out about Buffy, his uncle, Rupert, had filled him in on as much as he could.

“You mean that Buffy?” Spike asked in an unfamiliar, almost timid voice. Here was a man who usually was so self-assured, that anything but cool confidence was completely foreign to him.

“Yeah, I do,” Buffy smiled softly again, then began to giggle slightly and chastely kissed her lover’s handsome mouth.

“I mean,” she continued in a little girl voice, “if you can put up with me and my baggage…then I can certainly enjoy having you around. Does that make sense at all,” she scrunched up her face and pouted a bit.

“It makes perfect sense,” Spike replied with a hearty laugh; thrilled that Buffy was allowing him to get closer and closer to her, emotionally, every day.

“So we have a PAX then,” Spike laughed gleefully. “You and me? We agree to a pact of sorts that I have your back and you have mine.”

“We do,” Buffy gushed happily as she reached out her tiny hand to him. “Shake on it?” She giggled saucily.

Spike grasped Buffy’s hand in his larger one and gave her a most charming smile.

“PAX,” he stated evenly, his loving gaze was locked with hers.

“PAX,” Buffy repeated, her green eyes never breaking from his blue ones.

They shook hands as if they were new business partners. Then Buffy leaned forward and placed her moist lips on his mouth, favoring him with yet another sweet kiss.

“That should seal it, huh?” She sighed wistfully.

“That and this should,” Spike responded huskily, clasping her even tighter then before and crashing his lips to hers.

“I’m in this for the long haul Buffy Summers,” Spike mumbled between passionate kisses. “So it’s a good thing you’re happy about it!” He finished with a growl like chuckled before he rolled onto his back, pulling her on top of him.

“This should definitely seal the deal, huh?” Buffy exclaimed in delight when Spike thrust himself up into her.

“It’ll go a long way,” he rasped in pleasure. His mouth was twisted up in the nicest, if naughtiest grin.


Xander Harris sauntered into the empty offices of Angel Crawford, Inc. He was good at that, Xander was, sauntering that is; or was it more of a swagger?

Well, anyway, Angel’s vacated offices were nearly empty. Nina Simpson, Angel’s trustworthy secretary was still very present in the front office.

It was Nina that Xander had stopped by to chat with; along with his bodyguards, Mitch and Jesse.

As usual, Mitch walked in front of Xander while Jesse followed up behind. Xander liked it this way; he kept his best friend behind him, to watch his back. In the meantime, Xander kept his so-called friend in front of him; to keep an eye on him.

Nina looked up, forlornly, from the account (?) books she seemed to be going over. Her look of sorrow quickly turned to a look of fear when she saw just who entered her ex-boss’ offices.

“Xander?” Nina squeaked anxiously as she stood up from the expensive desk.

“Nina,” Xander grunted coolly before he sat his expansive rump down on that very expensive desk.

“What, what do you want?” Nina asked suspiciously of Xander, even while she eyed Mitch and Jesse. She was familiar with all three of these men; for different reasons of course.

“Where’s Angel?” Xander asked evenly as he scanned the room about them.

“Gone,” Nina whispered sadly, her dark head hung low and tiny tears slipped down her cheeks.

“Gone where precious?” Xander inquired in a low dangerous tone.

“I don’t Xander, I swear. He left days ago, after that bleached blond Brit came in here and…..” Nina was cut off by a suddenly angry Xander.

“Spike Giles! He was here!” Xander growled, barely able to keep his anger in check. His dark eyes glowed with fury and his fists were doubled up in anger on Nina’s desk.

“Yeah,” Nina mumbled nervously. “He came in here a few days ago; forced his way in actually. Said he was going to see Angel no matter what. I tried to stop him but…..”

“But he came in here and what? Had a chat with Angel who disappeared soon after?” Xander spat through gritted teeth.

“I don’t think it was much of a chat Xander,” Nina tried to explain. “I found Angel on the floor of his inner office; the shit beat out of him. It was right after that that he gave me severance pay and went packing; taking his wife with him,” she finished bitterly.

“So, you don’t know where Angel and Darla went, huh?” Xander asked, suddenly quite calm again. His dark eyes were closed and cold once again while he stared down the terrified female.

“No, I don’t,” Nina grunted, nervously picking at a thread on her expensive dress suit. “He left without really saying goodbye,” she added. “Why should he tell me where he went,” she continued with a snort. “All’s Angel ever cared about was Darla and himself and…..”

“Didn’t leave a forwarding address then?” Xander repeated coolly.

Nina noticed that the big man stood back up and slowly made his way around the desk; right towards her.

“No, he didn’t,” she stammered anxiously as a sudden, sick feeling made itself known in the pit of her stomach.

“You sure about that?” Xander asked in a silky voice, his big meaty hand reached out and took Nina by her left shoulder.

“Yeah, I swear it, Xander,” Nina replied shakily. As hard as she tried, the young woman could not keep the fear out of her tone.

“You know, precious,” Xander continued smoothly, his hand tightened on Nina’s shoulder. “I got you this job with Angel so you could keep and eye on him for me. You didn’t go and do something stupid, like fall for the big prick, did you?”

Nina pulled back from Xander, her dark eyes wild with fear.

“No!” The frightened girl shrieked in denial; her body began to shake even more.

“I, I would never have fallen for Angel, Xander,” she protested again and again. “You know where my affections lie and with whom. Besides, Angel is crazy for his wife, Darla. He’d never…..”

“Oh, that’s right,” Xander interjected, his mouth twisted in a cruel smirk.

“You’re in love with that chic, right? McClay is her name,” he chuckled evilly. “Tara isn’t it? The tall good-looking blond with the big tits, right?”

Xander turned and winked at Mitch and Jesse, “you remember Tara McClay boys, right? The hot blond with the big tits?”

“I do,” Mitch chuckled, “she is hot and I’d say she’s got the nicest rack in Sunnyvale.”

Everyone in the room but Nina laughed at Mitch’s crude observations.

“You know, Nina,” Xander began in a low, harsh voice. “It would be a pity if something tragic happened to your girlfriend there. I mean I’d hate to have to make an example of you by using Tara…..”

“I don’t know where Angel and Darla went,” Nina repeated defiantly as she stood straight up and pulled out of Xander’s grasp.

“Tara knows nothing about this arrangement of mine with you and as far as that goes; if you…..” She was cut off once again by Xander’s gruff voice.

“Don’t even try and threaten me, or stand up to me, you fucked up bitch!” Xander growled at the girl who once again found herself in his clutches.

“If I find out that you ‘do’ know where Angel scampered off to, to hide from Giles and me? I’ll make sure both you and your bed buddy end up with Mitch over there. Trust me, you two broads to not want to play with Mitch, comprende?” Xander finished with a hiss and his black eyes bore into Nina’s wide amber ones.

“Oh, and if I find Angel and that bitch of a wife of his,” Xander added, his voice was back to silky smoothness once again. “I’m going to cut off Crawford’s balls and hand them to his wife. Then I’m giving Jesse the lovely Mrs. Crawford for a play date.”

“I, I understand,” Nina gasped, barely audibly; her body was visibly trembling. This seemed to amuse Xander, Jesse and Mitch immensely and they began to laugh once again.

Xander pushed Nina away from him and strode out of Angel’s old office. He was followed by Jesse, with Mitch right behind.

“Hope to see you around, babe,” Mitch called back, jauntily, to the crying girl.

Mitch’s innuendo was not missed by Nina and she collapsed onto her chair, weeping uncontrollably.

For the first time in her life, Nina was well aware that she had gotten herself into some deep, deep dog shit.


Xander Harris was a patient man. Okay, he wasn’t but liked to pretend he was.

Right now, he was entering the Sunnydale apartment he shared with Anya, his fiancée.

After he took a long deep, cleansing breath, Xander stepped through the front door of the leased apartment.

He was not surprised to find his beloved Anya, sitting on the sofa, her head buried in a fashion magazine. If Xander thought his sweet (!) Anya was over her earlier snit; he was in for a big surprise, kind of anyway.

“Still pissed about my wedding guest list sweetheart?” Xander asked with a weary sigh as he tossed his keys onto a random end table.

‘Still fucking that skank, Faith?’ Anya asked, silently in her own head, of course.

“Well, yeah asshole,” Anya snipped back casually, her eyes still riveted to the typed words of Vogue.

“The point is really moot anyway,” she added slyly. “Your darling cousin, Buffy, just RSVP’d, not more then two hours ago. Apparently she’s unable to come,” Anya quipped smugly.

“I see,” Xander responded evenly, even though he clenched the tumbler he held in his hand with a vice-like grip.

“I really didn’t expect the bitch to say yes, did you sweetie?” Anya inquired sweetly, finally looking up at her intended lovingly.

“No, I really didn’t,” Xander replied through clenched teeth. He resisted the urge to hurl the tumbler at Anya, or at least a nearby wall.

“Oh, by the way,” Anya continued in her best sugar voice. “Mama’s here, in the guest room. We got in about three hours ago.”

Anya couldn’t help but add just a touch of mock sweetness in her tone. Right now she really hated the fact that her fiancé was holding his usual volatile temper in check. She was well aware of how fucking pissed off Xander was about Buffy, at least, not attending their wedding.

“Oh,” Xander grunted warily as he poured himself another stiff one. “Now my evening is really complete.”


“I cannot believe the nerve of that asshole!” Dawn, Buffy’s younger sister was jabbering on and on in their phone convo.

“To think that Xander Harris would even consider any of ‘us’ going to his tacky wedding to that psycho bitch, Anya!” Dawn finished with a snort.

“Yeah, I know,” Buffy interjected meekly. “But…..”

“Uhm, Buff,” Dawn suddenly blurted out. “Is that a man’s voice I hear in the background at your place?”



A/N: I wanted to explain my use of ‘PAX’ in this chapter:

PAX is Olde English (rooted in Latin) for Peace. It is used as a kind of verbal agreement at times between (mostly disagreeing) factions. Kind of a symbol to agree and watch each others’ backs. It is also somewhat religious at times and used in ceremonies.

Anyway, I heard this used in an old movie (of which I am very fond) between a man and woman in love. They didn’t always see eye-to-eye, but they loved each other and decided to make a truce.

It stuck with me and I felt that Spike and Buffy might use it between them.

Please read and review, thanks…spufette.

















,