Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you'll ead this and enjoy.
THE WORLD IS MINE


Summary: This chapter will begin with some sweet Spuffy. Unfortunately, it will also deal with some irritated other characters.

A/N: I was going to make this chapter a real long one, but changed my mind. I decided to leave major Spuffy interaction for the next chapter.

Also, I have dredged up some ideas for the last two chapters of ‘Redemption’ and feel compelled to finish that fiction also.



Chapter 17: ‘Jealousy Does Not Become Him’


William ‘Spike’ Giles and Elizabeth ‘Buffy’ Summers were married without a lot of fanfare in the Sunnydale Community Church. It was the church Buffy had been baptized in when she was three-years-old.

Reverend Montgomery presided over the simple ceremony with only a few of Spike and Buffy’s closest friends and family in attendance. Buffy wore an elegant, but simple white sheath dress that showed her sleek neck and back to their best. Her veil was fashioned from pure Irish lace and fell to the middle of her bare back.

Rupert Giles had the honor of ‘giving’ his nephew’s bride away and Joyce Summers and Willow Rosenberg blubbered for joy during the entire ceremony.

Spike wore a fine tailored black suit and his own stood as his best man. Dawn, Buffy’s sister, was her matron of honor, while Rupert did double duty as Spike’s best man.

Buffy carried a lovely bouquets of white carnations and roses that was adorned with pure white Queen Anne’s lace. It was an unusual use in a traditional bouquets, but the bride had always favored the British twist of the flowers instead of baby‘s breath.

After Reverend Montgomery spoke the traditional wedding ceremony words, Spike and Buffy recited their own vows to each other.


“I love you William,” Buffy began shyly as she gazed into her husband’s indigo blue eyes.

“When you first came into my life,” she continued, “I was kind of lost in the world. I had almost lost all hope of a bright future for myself; but you changed that Will. You came into my life and brought be hope once more. Hope for a future filled with love from you and a chance for a family of my own. Thank you William for loving me and allowing me to love you,” she finished by placing an almost chaste kiss on Spike’s lips.

“I love you Buffy,” Spike began in his strong, deep voice. “I’ve loved you since the first time I met you, even before that I believe. You helped me realize that I also have a bright future and a chance for a family of my own. I want to raise a family with you; children that can learn from you about the good in the world and the love that is out there. Thank you Buffy, for loving me and allowing me to love you.”


“I now introduce, for the first time, William and Elizabeth as husband and wife!” Reverend Montgomery gushed happily.

Spike and Buffy turned to face their applauding guests; their faces beamed with love and happiness.

The simple but festive reception took place in Buffy’s backyard. Dawn and her husband Connor had painstakingly decorated the entire yard with white carnations and red roses. There were white and red streamers and balloons everywhere also.

Rupert and Jenny Giles insisted on catering the whole affair, making sure that there was a steady flow of champagne punch for everyone. Apple juice was provided, of course for the pregnant bride.

Andrew, who had healed quite well thank you, made sure everything went off without a hitch. His date, Amy, bustled here and there, making sure all of the guests were taken care of.

Oz provided the music and there was even a little dance floor set up for everyone to dance.

When Buffy threw her bouquets, Willow caught it (surprise/surprise) and blushed redder then her hair color.

Although Spike’s parents were unable to be there, they sent their good wishes and a marvelous gift. A spray of flowers with a gift card right in the middle.

When Spike and Buffy opened his parents’ card, they found an entire gift of a honeymoon, including plane tickets to England.

There was a gold-embossed invitation for two weeks at the Haddon Hall Resort Inn in Chester, England, UK. The Honeymoon Suite was booked for the couple by the Giles and Buffy broke down and cried like a baby over the wonderful gift.


{Meanwhile across town…..things are not quite so merry!}


Anya Harris stood in her spacious apartment and watched her brother-in-law, Frank, half pull, half carry Xander into the living room.

That was ‘okay’ technically, however, that bitch Faith followed behind Frank, much like a rock-n-roll groupie. Which, actually, was kind of appropriate when one thought about it carefully.

“Where was he?” Anya asked, trying to sound non-pulsed and casual. She glared at Faith angrily.

“Frank’s bar,” Faith answered for her boyfriend. “He was half passed out over the a table and…..” the brunette continued airily, until Frank Harris cut her off with a growl.

“Hey baby,” Xander slurred as Frank led his older brother past Anya who stood at the bar. The big man smiled at his wife amicably.

Anya cringed visibly when her husband called her baby; probably because inside her heart was breaking into a million pieces.

“I’m takin’ my big brother into the bedroom,” Frank informed both the women. “I’ll strip him down and put him to bed, Anya,” he mumbled under his breath.

Frank’s sympathetic tone cut Anya to the core for some reason, although she knew her brother-in-law cared for her deeply.

Anya poured herself a good strong slug of vodka and drank it down in one gulp.

“Can I have one?” Faith purred just before she poured herself a shot of tequila.

“Sure, why not?” Anya snorted as she eyed Faith with disdain.

“Your husband sure is pissed, huh?” Faith chuckled evilly. “I guess that the little princess getting married upset him more…..”

“Shut the fuck up,” Anya ordered the annoying brunette before pouring herself another drink. The mistress of the house strode past Faith the Bitch and flopped down on her elegant sofa; her head held high.

“Look , I can’t help it if jealousy doesn’t become your husband,” Faith began sarcastically. “It doesn’t bode well on you either, Anyanka,” Faith finished with an unladylike snort.

“Why are you here again?” Anya asked Faith, her voice dripping with venom.

“Because my man, my Frank asked me to be,” Faith purred evilly. “Unlike you, my man wants to be around me and…..”

Neither of the females noticed that Frank now stood at the master bedroom door. His silence belied his anger at both Xander and his lover.

“Oh, there’s more,” Faith continued in an even, brittle voice. “Seems that the little Slayer is knocked up with that Brit’s brat. I suppose Xander is really fucking pissed about that, huh?”

Anya nearly dropped her glass on the floor when she heard what Faith said. For three months, she and Xander had tried to get pregnant, but…..

Apparently Faith was well aware of this fact.

“Do you suppose your lover boy is sterile?” Faith asked maliciously before she sashayed over to where Anya was sitting on the sofa.

“I mean, three months of fucking like bunnies and no bambino? Hmmm,” Faith chuckled wickedly.

“Oh, no, that can’t be? Right?” Faith continued with an evil smirk. “You and I both know that Xander knocked the little bitch up himself, years ago, right? Oh, you didn’t know that I knew that, did you?”

Faith half leaned over Anya and stared at her ‘rival’ in the face.

“A man tells a girl a lot when they’re in the throws of passion, Anya,” Faith spat maliciously.

She chuckled evilly and took a sip of her drink:



“Tell me,” Faith began in a sugar coated tone, “how does it feel to be second choice, Anyanka? I mean, you know…..to be second choice after Buffy Summers and all?”

Faith drawled the Anyanka part out, just to piss the other woman off even more.

Anya caught sight of Frank in the doorway and took a deep, calming breath. This kept Mrs. Harris from scratching Faith’s eyes out with her well manicured fingernails.

“I suppose being second choice is better then being a third rate whore like you are Faith,” Anya hissed before she downed another glass of liquor.

Faith leapt out to attack Anya, but Frank caught her before she could.

“Go home Faith,” Frank ordered his girlfriend gruffly.

“Why should I….” Faith began, her words dripped with venom.

“Get the fuck out of here!” Frank commanded the brunette woman once again.

Faith glared at Frank, then hissed at Anya, her teeth bared in a grimace.

“Whatever,” Faith grunted before she grabbed her purse and stomped out of the Harris’ front door.

“Thank you Franklin,” Anya whispered softly, handing her brother-in-law a glass of amber liquid.

“I’m sorry Anya,” Frank mumbled under his breath. He drained the glass and held it out for another helping.

‘He looks like a scolded school boy,’ Anya thought to herself.

Anya began to giggle like a school girl, then grabbed a huge water glass and poured the whisky to the brim.

“Why do you tolerate him?” Frank asked his sister-in-law sadly. His dark eyes betrayed the confused sorrow he felt every time he looked at Anya.

“Because I love him,” Anya mumbled softly. “Why do you tolerate that bitch, Faith?” She asked defiantly.

“Because ‘I’ love her,” Frank shrugged in resignation.

“To love; and to us,” Anya sang clanking her glass lightly against Frank’s.

“To us,” Frank sighed in reply as he drained the glass completely.


The younger Harris felt as if he had the weight of the world on his massive shoulders.


A/N: Short chapter here, mainly because RL calls and I wanted to keep the storyline going.

The next chapter will definitely deal with Spuffy and the ‘HONEYMOON’!

We’re going on a little journey to the England and a visit to Spike’s parents.

Don’t worry, Brutus and Yuki-Kuma are being well looked after.
However…..there’s trouble a brewin’ in Sunnydale and a few people are out for Spike and Buffy’s blood!

Please read and review, thanks, spufette.