Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: Thank you so much for the awesome reviews. I was nervous about it, so it was really appreciated. Sorry it took so long to update. As a stay-at-home mom of 3, it’s hard to update on the weekend, and the only other time I have is late night/early morning and my wireless was acting fruity yesterday.
The class was already assembling when Buffy came into the room. She found a seat near the back that was empty and sat down. The bell rang, and the teacher followed the same routine as Giles had. After returning to her seat, the teacher handed out the new assignments for the week.

The assignment was to do a scene with shoes. No other instruction was given. They were supposed to come up with a scene and bring props to their next class to perform with.

Buffy reached down to grab her notebook from her bag and noticed the most amazing pair of blue eyes trained on her. When she stared back mesmerized, the guy attached to those eyes smirked, “Like something you see, pet?”

She cringed. Go figure, he was arrogant. With a sigh, she ignored him and turned and placed the assignment in her notebook. Shortly after, the bell rang and Buffy left the room to meet Willow.

Two hours and two classes later, Buffy was standing in the cafeteria line talking to Willow. “So far, all of my teachers have been really nice. I even made a friend in History. His name is Parker.”

“Really?” squealed Willow. “You made friends with PARKER ABRAMS? How did that happen? He only talks to us when he needs something.”

“Yeah. He offered to study with me to catch me up.”

“Wow,” breathed Willow, nearly speechless. “I just…wow!”

“We’re supposed to meet up at the Bronze later, too. I think I’m going to like it here, Willow.”

Buffy followed Willow to a table in the middle of the cafeteria and sat down.

Willow motioned to Buffy. “Hey, guys. This is Buffy. Buffy, this is Oz, Anya, Fred, Gunn, Faith, and you already met Xander. The guys over at the other end of the table are Angel, Riley, Cordelia, and Harmony. They are all jocks and cheerleaders.”

“Hi!” Everyone exchanged pleasantries.

“Where’s Spike?” Willow asked Gunn.

“He had to stay late in Math. He should be here soon.”

Lunch was interesting. The mesh of all of the diverse personalities was different from anything Buffy had ever experienced. Although all of them seemed completely and utterly dissimilar, when they were together, they all seemed to feed off of each other…like a jigsaw puzzle.

During a short lull in the conversation around her, Buffy looked up in time to see Parker walk by with his tray. “Hi, Buffy. See you tonight.”

“Sure thing.”

As he walked off, she turned back to the table to see blue eyes staring back at her. “What are you doing here?” she asked.

“The question is, luv, what are YOU doing here. I sit here everyday.”

“Spike,” Willow chastised. “Be nice. Buffy, have you met Spike?”

“We haven’t been formally introduced, but I think we can skip that.”

“Are you sure about that, Goldilocks? I’d hate for you to feel like you’re missing out on something,” Spike leered.

Buffy rolled her eyes and joined back in the resumed conversation at the table.

The rest of the day went quickly for Buffy. By the end of the day, she was ready to go home. Willow met up with her at the front entrance.

“So, I’ll meet you at your house at 6 tonight, right?” Willow asked.

“That sounds good,” Buffy replied and turned to walk home. Her mom had to work until 5, so Buffy had to walk the mile and half to her house. She didn’t mind today. It gave her time to take in the events of the day.

As she walked, her thoughts drifted to the events of the day. The kids of Sunnydale High really surprised her. She seemed to fit in so well with “The Scooby Gang”, as they called themselves. If she hadn’t met Willow, she would still be trying to find her fit in the school. Yes, things were going great.

Before she even realized it, she was walking up the door to her house. She went up to her room and put her books on her desk, then turned to her closet. Pulling out her black leather pants and a strappy, red, backless tank, she began preparing to get ready.

Buffy took a quick shower and was putting her hair up when her mom got home. “Hi, Buffy. How was your first day?”

“It was so cool, Mom. Everyone was so nice. I made so many new friends. They even invited me to go out with them tonight. I feel like I really fit in here.”

“Oh, Sweetie, I am so happy for you,” smiled her mother, who then reached over and hugged her. “What time are you leaving?”

“Willow’s picking me up at 6.”

“Ok. Let me know before you leave.”

“I will, Mom.”

Buffy had just put the finishing touches on her makeup when the door bell rang. “I got it,” she called as she ran down the stairs to get the door.

“Hi, Willow. Just let me tell my mom I’m leaving. Come on in.”

Buffy turned and headed to the kitchen. “I’m leaving. Willow just got here.”

“Ok, Buffy,” she said as she followed Buffy back into the living room. “You must be Willow,” she greeted the other girl. “I’m Joyce. You girls have fun tonight.”

The two girls headed down the street making idle chit chat. The walk was only about 20 minutes away. When they arrived, they paid the cover and went in. Xander had already grabbed a table near the far side of the room.

“You want anything to drink?” he asked.

“Nope. I’m just ready to dance,” Buffy replied.

“Ok. See you on the floor in a few.”

“Willow, are you coming with me?” she asked.

“Right behind you,” she grinned.

On the dance floor, Buffy let loose and danced to the music. Everyone in the “gang” started showing up and began heading to the dance floor. She paired off with Faith, as the music pumped through her veins. They made an awesome sight…light and dark, both bumping and grinding to the beat.

“Hello, luv,” a voice came from behind her. “Fancy meeting you here.”