A/n: Glad you liked the previous chapter. This one not much to it excpet one part. Really short. Next chapter will definately be more action.


Chapter 10: Beginning to go back to old habits

“Just let me go you fucking bastard!!!“ Buffy screamed at the top of her lungs. She tried every move she had been taught to get someone off her but it was no use. He was too much bigger and stronger than she was. He just laughed as he always did in her nightmares and Buffy couldn‘t help but cry at her realization of defeat...again. “Faith!!! Dawn!!! Somebody help me!!!”

“Will you just shut the fuck up?” He screamed at her slapping her to silence her screams. “No ones going to save you now. Not even your new lover boy.”

She hated feeling like this. The feeling of being trapped. Being held down. She just wanted to be free. Was that too much to ask for?

“Spike!!!!” She called for him as if he would come. He got off her with an annoyed growl and walked out of the room. Buffy sighed when she thought she was safe for. Taking advantage of the time she had, Buffy began to yank at the restraints. The rope was rubbing raw into the wrists of her skin leaving chaffing marks. A minute later, he came in and threw the dark clad body on the ground. Lifting the head up to make Buffy see his new captor the young girl stared in horror into the two blue eyes that she had been lost to. Spike...no just leave him alone. Buff thought inside.

“You scream one more time I’ll kill him. Cut right across his throat.” He said to her and she noticed the knife right under her Spike’s throat. All Buffy could do was sob.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Buffy sat up gasping for air. She quickly turned on the lights so she no longer was in the dark. Looking around she sighed happily when she found she was back in her room and not dreaming. She ran her hands through her hair trying to calm herself down. Why? Why can‘t these dreams just go away? Buffy thought as a few tears fell down her cheeks.

She figured over time they would. That the man of her nightmares would just stop showing up, and she would get a restful night of sleep for more than one night in a row. Images, real and nightmares flew into her head and she pressed her hands to her temple, concentrating hard to make them go away. She thought being away from Los Angeles would maybe stop them from plaguing her but she was wrong.

Getting up quietly Buffy padded softly across her room and out to the bathroom. Turning the light on, Buffy switched the faucet on the sink on. She looked at herself in the mirror, studying herself intently. At night, she looked like a wreck. Just like after that moment five months ago. Her hair messed up, her eyes puffy from crying, and her clothes askew. Cupping her hands under the faucet Buffy bent down to splash water on her face. The cold water felt refreshing against her skin. Looking back at herself in the mirror, Buffy watched herself burst into tears. I just want everything to go back to normal.Slipping to her knees Buffy just let herself cry on the bathroom floor. She stayed like that until the sun began to rise.
*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Faith watched Buffy closely. Since she had gotten up, Buffy seemed to be rather quiet. A lot different from when she had been after getting back from Spike’s. Faith figured she had one of her nightmares again.

For once Faith didn’t know what to do. She couldn’t really beat something this time to make Buffy feel safe. The doctors had said she’d move on from it over time. They just couldn’t push her and she’d have to express it in anyway possible. Faith just hoped she wouldn’t do it in a horrible way. And, the brunette wouldn’t always be there all the time to make sure she was safe.

When Buffy had come home for once, she had seen the smile in her eyes that hadn’t been there in a really long time. Maybe Spike wasn’t such a bad guy after all. What she had seen of him the past week he wasn’t like regular guys. The look was just a scare tactic. Though she was still going to keep an eye on him.

Buffy walked downstairs and into the kitchen where Dawnie and Faith sat at the counter island eating breakfast. “Hey sis, what’s up this morning?” Dawn asked giving Buffy’s outfit a peculiar look. Buffy self-consciously looked down at herself. She was wearing Faith’s red leather pants, black heeled boots, and a white wife beater tank top. She had on her usual leather band around her wrist and was wearing a black choker on her neck. Her make-up was much darker around the eyes and she still wore her usual red lipstick.

“What?” Buffy pouted not liking the look she was getting from both girls.

Faith just chuckled and walked to the fridge. Dawn answered instead. “I don’t know you just seem different.You look like a blonde version of Faith. Really you look like your old self.” Dawn said with a smile. Buffy shrugged grabbing a box of cereal.

“Well just incase you don’t remember, I do dress like this normally. Ok maybe I’m a lot darker now than I have been but I figured I might as well go back to my old self as you referred to me. You know…to help me.”

Faith looked at Buffy until a light bulb seemed to go off in her head. She knew exactly what could help Buffy cope with her all her problems. Why hadn’t she thought of it when she and Dawn were at the drugstore, she could have gotten it then. Smiling evilly Faith began to come up with the idea of pulling it off.
*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Buffy sat in her art class wondering where the hell was he was. It was way past the normal time he usually got there late. Spike had yet to shown up to art. Not that she was waiting for him. Liar. Yes you are.

The bleached blonde had been in English, she knew that because of the dropped jaw and lustful look in his eyes when she had walked in. Really she didn’t see the big deal, she seemed the same.

Now he hadn’t shown up for the second class they shared and Buffy began to worry. What if he doesn’t show up to the Bronze tonight? Buffy began to mentally slap herself. There were tons of reasons why wasn’t there.

She definitely didn’t want to ask Ms. Calendar. It was already bad enough when she had walked into the classroom Ms. Calendar had a knowing smirk. She now could see where Spike got it. Throughout the whole class she had been trying to avoid talking to her teacher just working on her painting that she had decided to do for her make-up project. Of course Ms. Calendar was walking around the room observing and she’d once in awhile say ‘Good job Buffy’ but she probably understood that Buffy still felt embarrassed for being caught the night before.

Calming down and trying to refocus on what she was painting, Buffy just concluded that she could ask him tonight. No point in worrying Summers
*~~~*~~~*~~~*

“B! Get your ass in here.” Buffy heard Faith scream from the bathroom across from her room. Buffy came seconds later to find Faith with a bunch of products set up on the bathroom counter and seemed to be hair dye.

“What you need help?” She asked Faith. Faith didn’t say anything, just grabbed Buffy by the shoulders and directed her to sit on the top of the toilet seat. “What the hell?” Faith grabbed something from her back pocket and pulled out a picture, shoving it into Buffy’s face.

“You are going back to your old self and this is just one of the many steps.” Buffy took the picture and looked it. It was almost a year and a half old. Her and Faith were next to each other standing on a park bench and doing some odd superstar pose. She looked the same with only one difference. Her hair. Instead of it being all-blonde, it was red on the bottom layer and most of the tips. Half way through her junior year she had let it grow out and go back to blonde.

“Faith I can’t.” Buffy argued.

“Yes you can. We both know what the cause of you going back to blonde was and now were going to back to it with red as if nothing happened.”

It took almost ten minutes for Faith to finally talk Buffy into letting her do her hair. Of course she had kept arguing the whole process. Finally Faith told her to shut it or she’d purposefully mess up.

“Buffy!” Dawn screamed running into the bathroom. Faith was applying the red dye to the chunk of her. She stopped when she saw what was going on. “Are you going back to your old hair?” Buffy nodded her head. “Cool. Anyway, Giles wants to know when you and Faith will be back. If you don’t tell him, then he said he won’t let you guys go out.”

“Tell uncle-g that we’ll be back by one.” Faith told Dawn. “Ok B, you just have to let it sit for about twenty minutes and then you rinse it out.”

“I know I’ve done it before.”

Buffy got up and walked back to her room where she continued to finish her project from where she had been so rudely interrupted. Letting herself get lost as she painted Buffy didn’t even notice the time pass by until Faith stuck her head into her room and told her to again get her ass back into the bathroom.

Following Faith’s instructions to get down on her knees in front of the bathtub. She screeched when she felt Faith dunk her head under the water spout and cold water fell onto her head and neck.

“Damnit Faith the least you could do is make it warm water.” She screamed from under the faucet.

“Oh calm down Buffy. It’s not that bad.” She heard Buffy grumble something but ignored it. Finally washing out all the excess dye

Buffy kicked Faith out of the bathroom and then hopped in the shower to get ready for tonight. She came out of her bathroom ten minutes later and walked to her room wrapped in a towel. As far as she could tell even with her hair drenching and stringy, the red dye looked well.

She began first to do her make-up, choosing to do her eyeliner heavy again. Applying green eye shadow to bring out her eyes, Buffy delicately put on a light lipstick. She looked over at her clock noticing she only had ten minutes before Willow and Xander were due to pick her and Faith up. She did her hair quickly straightening it, adding mouse to give it volume, and then applying gel to the tips to give it an edge look. Faith came in dressed and all dolled up as Buffy began to go through her closet trying to decide what she could wear.

“So…you nervous?” Faith questioned jumping onto Buffy’s bed and going through the clothes Buffy had already declined and thrown on her bed.

“No, of course not”

“Yeah sure B.” Faith walked over to dresser and rifled through her make-up. “If your not nervous then, mind if I give Spike the old sister talk.”

“Faith! You can not do that talk.” Buffy squeaked. “Promise me.”

Her best friend let out an aggravated sigh. “Fine. I promise.” Buffy didn’t notice that Faith was crossing her fingers behind her back.
*~~~*~~~*~~~*

The five of them, Buffy, Faith, Willow, Xander, and Anya, walked into the Bronze. It was crowded like no other with teenagers they all recognized from Sunnydale High. Music from the D.J. played and Buffy guessed it was just until the band would start playing.

The whole drive there Buffy and Faith had been amused by Anya’s blunt talking of orgasms and how Xander gave the best. When she began to go into detail is when the rest of the girls stopped her.

They all continued to walk into the club trying to locate a table. Seeing Andrew, Fred, and Tara waving them over, they moved to sit down.

“Buffy…I…real-ly like your hair.” Tara said with a slight shy stutter. Buffy gave her a warm smile blushing.

“Thanks.” Buffy said accepting the compliment as she ran her hands through her hair. A few minutes later, Xander and Andrew got up and took orders for drinks and heading towards the bar.

Buffy looked around her. It was rather large with tables set up on the outside of the dance floor that was in front of a stage. A bad was off to one side and to the other side was a staircase leading up to a rafter balcony that looked over the table.

Faith got up and took off her jacket. “Anyone want to head to the floor and get dirty?” The four girls not including Buffy looked at each other before shaking their heads no, not having the confidence to go out there and dance like what Faith was suggesting. Faith just shrugged. She looked at Buffy with a big smile. “Come on B, I know you want to go out there and do what we use to so love to do.”

With out a word Buffy looked at the other girls asking if they sure they didn’t want to join before heading away from the table. The girls weren’t even at the dance floor before they began to move to the music. People spread apart like the red sea allowing the two newcomers to get to the middle of the dance floor. Buffy began to dance sexily moving close to Faith. Together they grinded, getting lost in the beat.

Guys began to flock around them but they ignored them. Faith let some move against her but Buffy pushed them away. They weren’t Spike. Throwing her head back Buffy closed her eyes getting more lost in the music. She loved dancing. A chance to feel different.

A pair of arms wrapped around her waist and just as Buffy was going to turn around and push the guy away a cool British voice whispered into her ears. “Good evening my sexy vixen.” Feeling her stomach do a bunch of flips Buffy spun around and found the sexy blue eyes.

Not a moment was wasted as he leaned down to give her a very passionate kiss. She moaned into his mouth pulling him closer. Other men looked at Spike with an angry jealous look but they were attention was quickly diverted by the blonde’s previous dance partner. Faith shook her head rolling eyes at the making-out antics of the two blondes in the middle of the dance floor.

Spike pulled away breathing heavily. He looked her over, and she could see the hungry look in his eyes. She smiled when he ran his fingers through her hair. “Love the red.” He grinned and Buffy just smiled.

“Decided I’d go back to old looks.” She explained. She began to feel the beat again as the song changed. Slowly she moved her hips against Spike’s looking up into his eyes. He groaned and slowly he began to move with her, his hands roaming her waist and hips. Again Buffy let herself get lost to the music but this time in warm comfortable arms.

A/N: Well theres the leading up to their date. Next chapter it will be better. I got the idea of making Buffy’s old/new hair color from one of the pictures I found of Sarah Michelle Gellar. Figured it might suit into the story. Please Review.
Spuffy_obsessed