Author's Chapter Notes:
normal
Well here’s chapter 13. Thank you for all the good lucks. We placed third which I think is pretty damn good for championships. On our bus ride there, I wrote chapter 13. Then e-mailed my beta when I got back to Beta it. I would like to thank my beta Jennifer! Enjoy!

Chapter 13: Shoppage

Buffy awoke slowly. The sun shined in through her window and the birds that had awoken her could be heard chirping outside in the tree. Buffy stretched languidly, making sure that every muscle was awake.

It had been a long time since she had woken up gently and without a nightmare through out the night. She pushed the comforter off her and padded over to the window to look outside. The blonde smiled when she spotted the exact spot of where Spike’s car had been the night before. Remembering all the nights’ events and the gentleness Spike seemed to have hidden under his edgy personality. Buffy believed that the geek part of him was still very much alive within Spike, just hidden.

Well he’s a lot different then you know who. Faith’s words from last night rung her ears and Buffy couldn’t agree more. The dark shadow that seemed to linger above her was far the opposite from Spike. Not wanting to upset herself Buffy shook the thoughts of her past away from her head. Buffy walked around her room observing everything as if she was seeing them for the first time. Buffy spotted a picture on her bulletin board above her desk, that she forgot she had. Walking over and taking it from it’s hold with the pushpin Buffy looked over the picture and smiled.

It was Faith and her, and they had already begun their freshman year the month before the picture had been taken. Buffy had a bloody lip and Faith had a nose that was just about seeping out the same amount of blood as Buffy’s lip. Both their arms were crossed and around the others shoulders. The smile on their faces showed how proud they were. They had gotten into a fight with a bunch of freshman boys on their way home for after seeing the group of boys picking on an innocent little seventh grade girl. Buffy smiled at remembering that day
*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Los Angeles 1994

“Hey sixth grader! Are you going to go cry to your mother? Be little baby seventh grader that you are and going to go cry to your mommy?!?!” The freshmen boy shoved the young little blonde girl so she fell forward. Her hands burned as they scraped against the dry and rocky dirt. She felt her dress tear at the knee, the new dress her daddy had bought for her. The little girl didn’r cry out until another boy poked her hard in the cheek.

“Leave me alone you buttheads!” She tried to get up but was pushed back down when the boy who poked her held her down by the back with his foot.

“What did you call us?” He never got his answer because two very pissed off girls from their grade stepped up.

“Hey what the heck are you doing?” The blonde one yelled. David, the one holding down the sixth grade girl, recognized the blonde girl from his morning class. She sat in the back with the brunette that stood next to her. He remembered her name was Buffy. David and his friends thought she was a real freak. Who in the hell had red streaks in their hair? Her friend was equally as freaky.

“Go away you freaks.” David barked at them. He didn’t let up on his foot from the girl. No way was he going to let some two freaks who were probably lesbians ruin him and his friends bullying. The brunette seemed to get rather angry. Before he knew it, David found the front of his body pushed up against the wooden fence that was near them. His cheek was smushed against the wood and he could feel splinters pushing into his skin. The brunette girl held him firmly. Every time he struggled, she pushed him against the wood more.

“Run!” She yelled at the sixth grader. The girl got up and stared at the two girls who helped her, tears still running down her cheeks.

“Thank you.” She whispered out. Not a second later she darted away with her book bag trailing after her. One of David’s friends began to chase after her but Buffy grasped the collar of his and pulled him back roughly. He fell backwards onto the ground. Two of the others each ran to Buffy and Faith intent on punching them. And the fight began.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*

In the end the boys had come out of it a lot worse then both girls put together. A police officer driving by had broken up the fight. When Buffy and Faith had showed up on the doorstep to their home with the officer grasping them on their shoulders, Giles just shook his head. After scolding them for almost a minute about how it wasn’t right to fight Giles had just smiled. He didn’t care. They had a caring heart and they showed that by stopping the boys from hurting the little girl any further. He had taken the picture of them and had just laughed.

Buffy chuckled putting the picture back in it’s place on the bulletin board. She heard her phone ringing and quickly answered it.

“Hello?” She greeted.

“Ello kitten. I didn’t wake you did I?” Spike’s voice heard from the other end of the phone. Buffy couldn’t hold the big grin on her face from breaking out.

“No I woke up a few minutes ago.”

“Ok, good. I had a lot of fun last night.” His voice purred into her ear. Buffy blushed.

“I did too.”

“I’m glad…are you doing anything today kitten?”Buffy looked into her mental date book. She didn’t have anything planned. She told him no. “Well was wondering if you would want to go to the mall with me. I have to pick out a gift for my Aunt Jenny and was thinking I could use your wonderful girl perspective. If you want you can bring along your sis and mate.”

“Sure!” Buffy squeaked out. She cursed herself for the lack of coolness her voice held.

“Okay, pet it’s a date. I’ll pick you up in an hour.”

They both said goodbye and when Buffy hung up she fell back onto her bed and let out of a scream while kicking her legs up. She grabbed Mr. Gordo and kissed the stuffed pig on the nose.

She got up and began to dance wildly. A minute later, all three members of her family came running in. Buffy stopped when she noticed the look of concern on their faces, they seemed to be out of breath.

“I do believe she wasn’t having a nightmare.” Giles said stating the obvious.

Faith looked up at her smart uncle. “What gave it away uncle-g?”

“He asked me out shopping after saying he had a great time last night. He wants me to help him pick out a gift for his aunt. And he invited you two as well.” Buffy said excitedly. Dawn smiled at the obvious seen happiness of her big sister. She went back to her room intent on getting ready. Faith growled and slugged back to her room still tired from last night.

“It’s too God damn early for shit.” She moaned out and slamming the door shut that connected to her and Buffy’s room. Buffy grabbed her robe and began to walk to the bathroom before Giles could protest for her going with Spike.
*~~~*~~~*~~~*

“Well what does your aunt like?” Buffy questioned Spike as the four of them walked through the mall. It wasn’t that busy for it being Saturday.

“She likes a lot of things. Anything that’s artsy.” Spike told her. His arm was wrapped around her waist showing off to the world…well the mall, that this girl belonged to him.

It had been two hours and so far, they had endured shopping of all kinds. Buffy carried three bags two filled with clothes and accessories and the third held her new pair of spiked heel boots.

Dawn watched the blonde couple with interest her eyes showing that she believed that what the two were doing was beyond romantic. She smiled wider when Spike took two of her bags to carry for her. Faith elbowed Dawn pointing out what he had done. They walked a few paces behind the two blondes but still keeping up.

“I saw an art store on the way to the other side of the mall.” Faith pointed out. Finally, they decided they would go there to check it out.

“FAITH!” Faith turned her head at hearing her name being called and found Devon jogging up to her and the group. She smirked at the obvious love struck teenager.

“Hey sexy.” She leaned up and gave him a kiss when he came up to them, shocking Buffy. It wasn’t like Faith to even acknowledge guys that she had already had “fun” with. Usually she was wham-bam one nightstand kind of girl.

“Hey.” Devon waved to Buffy and Spike. “Hey man.” Spike and Devon did the manly guy hand shake.

Dawn figuring that Faith was probably going to go and head off with this guy, she decided she’d might go do some shopping on her own. “Hey Buffy, I’m going to go check out the upper level.” Buffy’s obvious look of uneasiness at the fact of Dawn walking alone came to surface. Before her sister could protest, Dawn spoke up. “Don’t worry I’m fourteen years old. I know not to go off talking to strangers. I’m a big kid.” Dawn stressed the fact that she was old enough to take of herself.

Buffy nodded knowing it was useless to argue with Dawn. She had the same stubborn streak that she had. Buffy pulled out her cell phone and handed it to Dawn. “Spike’s number is in there so just call us if anything happens.” Buffy told her giving Dawn a serious look. Dawn just nodded and took her sister’s cell phone, before waving goodbye and running off.

Buffy looked to Faith to find her and Devon whispering something to each other. Clearing her throat Buffy raised her eyebrow at her best friend when Faith looked at her.

“I and Devon are going to go off and buy something for his aunt too.” Faith said with the plain view lie. Before another a word could be said, Faith pulled Devon by the arm leaving the blonde couple alone to themselves finally. Buffy laughed and turned to wrap her arms around Spike. He kissed the top of her head. They began to walk in the direction of the art store.

“Seems my mate and your mate are getting along rather well.” Spike pointed out.

Buffy nodded her head. “I know. Faith told me last night after I got back.” She began to tell Spike of what Faith had told her and Spike could not help but laugh. He was right about Faith she was a wild one. Buffy even told him about some of things that Faith had done when they had lived in L.A. stopping when they came to the art store.

The store was small but had rather beautiful things. The walls were covered with different size of frames with different types of art. On the floor of the store stood statues.

“My mother would love this place.” Buffy spoke out admiring the store.

“Really?” Spike asked and Buffy nodded.

“She had an art gallery she owned in L.A. It was great! Most of the nights me and Faith would help and pretend to be little waitresses serving the little appetizers during the showings of artists. That’s how I started liking art and painting.”

“What happened to the gallery?” Spike asked knowing her mother had died.

“A family friend is running it. It was given to Giles and it will be mine when I turn 18. But I don’t know if I want it. I haven’t been in there since after my mother’s funeral because it reminds me too much of her.” She wiped at her eyes pushing the tears away that were threatening to spill over. Spike pulled her into his arms whispering reassuring words to her.

“May I help you?” A clerk came up to them and smiled. Spike smiled back at the older woman. Still holding Buffy to him Spike spoke what he was looking for.

“Well we just received something today. By what you’re telling me of the person your looking for the gift of I think they might like this.” The woman led Buffy and Spike towards the back of the store. She went through the employee’s only door and came back out with a box. “It’s an antique paint set from the 1800’s owned by an English lord.” She walked over and placed it on the counter.

It was a small luggage type wooden box with intricate ivy designs etched into the wood. On the front was a clasp that held the lid and the box together. The clerk undid the clasp and unfolded the box open showing different containers of paint, with beautiful brushes.

“Ms. Calendar would love that. You said she loves antiques, and she loves art and this gift is both of them put together.” Buffy looked up at Spike to see him nod his head in agreement.

“I’ll take it.” Spike told the clerk.

The clerk smiled and she began to ring up the paint set. Five minutes later, they came out of the shop with Aunt Jenny’s wrapped gift. For another hour, they were shopped. Buffy bought Faith a birthday gift since her best friend’s birthday was in a couple weeks. Finally, they decided it was best to round up Faith and Dawn. Taking Spike’s phone, she dialed her own number.

“She didn’t answer?” Spike asked when Buffy hung up the phone. Buffy shook her head. They both sat down and Buffy dialed Faith’s number.

“Yo!” Faith yelled when she answered the phone.

“Hey Faithey. Where are you?”

A loud moan could be heard in the back round on Faith’s end of the line. Buffy scrunched up her nose. “Gross Faith!”

“What….oh yeah well it’s your fault your calling while I play.”

“Just finish up and get your ass over to where we split up in ten minutes.” Buffy said feeling queasy. “Gross!” She hung up the phone. She heard Spike chuckling and she turned to glare at him. “Shut up.” He had heard the moaning coming from the phone. She punched his arm. He silenced grabbed her arm and pulled her too him, kissing her passionately. Pulling away, he left her feeling spastic. She couldn’t help but blush when a couple with two kids walked by showing their look of disapproval at their public display. Deciding it was best that she call Dawn again Buffy pulled out the phone again.

Dialing and two rings later Dawn answered. “Finally. Where were you?”

“I was uh…trying on clothes.”

“Figured. Hey come back to where we were, were going to leave in a bit.”

“Alright. But if I walk up on too much PDA you owe me five bucks.”
*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Buffy walked into her room and dropped her bags on the floor. Spike walked in after her. She smiled and walked over to kiss him lightly.

Giles hadn’t been home when the four came back. He had left a note saying he went to work on something’s at the library and he’d be back by five. It was two now, meaning her and Spike had three hours alone. Faith was currently blasting her music in her own room and Dawn had just left again to go to a girl named Janice’s house that she had made friends with at school.

Their kiss became deeper and Spike wrapped her up in his arms. He moved to place his tongue over her lips, them just lightly.

Buffy had never been kissed like this and it was driving her nuts. He would go soft and slow to hard and passionate leaving her breathless countless times. She moved her hands to intertwine into his black cotton t-shirt feeling his chest muscles through the fabric under her hands. Moving his kisses along her jaw and down into the hallow of her neck, Spike nipped at her neck softly.
She let out a moan and pulled them a little closer to the bed. It was just a simple make-out session; they had made that very clear on their way up the stairs. She remembered that thought when he placed his hands on the small of her back and began lifting her shirt up to put his hands on her skin. Her alarm bells began to ring in her head. His hands began to roam higher up and before they could go any higher, she pushed away from Spike.

Everything came back that happened to her a year and a half ago at full speed. She turned away from him not wanting him to see her.

Spike observed her, hearing her sobs. He didn’t understand. Suddenly as if the light bulb finally went off, he remembered how she had acted when he touched her back the day she came over. How her mood had changed. That confirmed with how she was acting now, Spike guessed something in his head. Spike walked up to stand behind her and slowly he moved his fingers to lightly run over her back. She let out a louder cry of anguish.

“NO!!”

Buffy moved away from him to sit at the window bench.

“Buffy, pet, what happened to you?”

Minutes went by before she would say anything. The afternoon sun seeped through the window onto her face giving her a soft glow. To Spike she looked like a fallen angel that just needed to get back up.

“It was him…the man with darkness hidden by an angelic face.” She was speaking in riddles now. “I left Los Angeles because of him…but no matter what I can’t seem to escape what he did to me.”


A/N: And yes, that is the end of chapter 13. I am sorry I am being evil but I really wanted to leave it there that way I could split up because if not this chapter would be long. Do get angry I promise you will no everything and more about what happened to Buffy Summers next chapter.
Spuffy_obsessed