Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi everyone. I'm back and hopefully less time between updates. Everytime I sit down to write I can't think of anything, everytime I'm too busy I come up with ideas so the process of writing out any chapters has taken time. A very long chapter this one. Well long compared to the previous chapters of this fic. Next chapter things will get heated. Enjoy!
Chapter 19: Why are you here?

The sun was shining bright onto her causing a grim expression to settle on her face. It was a cruel trick on the girl since, attempting to make it appear like a happy day, when she in fact had just pulled herself out of detention. A car sped by her and she wondered why she had yet to get her license. How much faster it would be to just hop into a car and drive home rather than walk it.

Suddenly she stopped when a voice whispered into her ear. Her head whipped around trying to find who had just spoken to her. The more she tried to find the speaker the more the voices came to her. They hit her from different ways and soon she was spinning around in a circle. Her hands thrusted into her hair as she pulled at it from the roots all at the same time trying to cover her ears and shield out the rasping familiar voice.

“You let her die…you let her get hurt…you let her die…you let her get hurt.” She opened her mouth trying to scream. Anyway to just have the voices stop. Doing the only thing she could, she broke out into a run and didn’t stop until coming to the pathway of her home. To her pleasure the voices had stopped and things in the world seemed to go back to normal.

Slowly opening the gate the girl walked up the walkway happy that the voices were no longer assaulting her with the words. She looked at the porch wondering what she was looking at. As far as she could make out, it was a bundle. A large bundle. Coming closer the voices started this time one clear deadly voice.

“You let her die, Faith. You were supposed to make sure she got home okay.”

Faith turned around and found the only person that could really scare her simply because it scared the person who had been just as brave as she was. The man with the Angelic face to shield the true look of the devil. He laughed and Faith’s head came to look back at the porch. The bundle was more clear, hazel eyes full of desperation looked back at Faith that made her feel like she was dying.

“BUFFY!!!”


*~~~*~~~*~~~*


Faith shot up in bed awaking from her nightmare. Her breath coming in heavy gasps and beads of sweat dripped down her face even though there was cold air being blown in through her open window. Faith looked around her room, the darkness encompassing her, with the only light being the full moon outside in the night.

Faith tried to calm herself. Tried to get her heartbeat to slow down before she died of too quick of a beating heart. Her head dropped lazily into her hands and her knees came up to support her tired body.

Never had Faith had a nightmare like that. It reminded her of the guilt buried deep inside of her. The guilt she knew she always had but wished it wasn’t there.

Buffy was hurt badly, and if Faith had been with her the whole time instead of for once not blowing detention off, Buffy wouldn’t be lying in the room next to her possibly having nightmares of being tortured over and over again. How things could have gone so differently if Faith had just walked with her best friend. Faith was known for not having guilt for anything and now since what Angel had down to Buffy, things were hitting her full force with guilt. One of them being turning down Devon when he so obviously was having it bad for her.

Closely, Faith listened through the walls of her bedroom that was shared with Buffy’s room. No sounds of struggling nightmares, no screaming. Nothing to have Faith getting up and wake her best friend from her sleep. Calm silence. For once Faith was the one to wake up from a nightmare, and for once in a very long time, Faith wept.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*


Buffy walked with her Chemistry textbook at her side as she made her way to her locker. The day was going good. No breakdowns. No drama besides the obvious glaring from Cordelia, Harmony, and the rest of their group. Her chemistry teacher had finally moved Buffy to be Willow’s lab partner and the girls were having so much fun already sitting next to each other. She had study hall currently and since Willow had said she had a doctors appointment Buffy had nothing to really do. She could go visit Giles, but her guardian was probably busy working and going to the library would just leave her sitting there watching Giles work. Not her idea of spending her free period. She wished Faith had this class with her. But no, her best friend had to be given Computer Technology instead of study hall during this time.

After leaving her book in her locker Buffy hugged her arms across her chest and began to walk around the halls aimlessly, making sure when she saw Snyder to turn down another corridor quickly before he saw her. The heels of her knee high boots clicked against the floor. She stopped suddenly at the open door of a classroom, spotting Spike. From her position she could view into the classroom and find Spike sitting in the back looking dreadfully bored as the monotone teacher droned on. Buffy giggled at the expression on his face.

As if sensing he was being watched, Spike looked over at the doorway and their eyes met. His eyebrow rose up at the sight of her and the smirk that Buffy found sexy appeared on his lips. Smiling back just as wickedly Buffy walked confidently into the classroom stopping just before the teacher.

“They need to see Mr. Thorndale in the office with his things.” Buffy whispered to the teacher soft so only he could hear. Her back was to the whole class and she could feel Spike’s eyes boring into her as he probably wondered what she was up to. Without a word Buffy walked out.

“Mr. Thorndale, take your things and go to the office.” She heard the teacher say as Buffy came to stand against the wall in the hall next to the classroom doorway. She waited until she saw Spike walk out before she grabbed the arm of his leather duster and pulled him to her. The same wicked smile was on her lips as she pulled Spike’s to press against hers in a demanding and passionate kiss. Quickly he responded to her kiss and pressed a hand near her head on the wall pushing her up against it. Without a care they continued to kiss like that in the middle of their high school hallway before Spike pulled away an evil glint in his azure eyes.

“Well pet that was mighty naughty of you.”

Buffy just smiled. “Says the boy who took a near thirty minute bathroom break yesterday during this same class.”

Grabbing her hand Spike chuckled silently as they walked down the hall to one of the doors that lead outside to the courtyard. “Vixen.” Buffy simply stuck her tongue out at him which left her to be pulled up close for another kiss.

Buffy pushed her hand against Spike’s chest playfully. “No-no. No making out in the hall.”

“I’m not the one who bloody pulled someone to kiss them right up against the wall in this said hall kitten.” Buffy’s heart fluttered each time he gave her his little nicknames. She knew deep down that the goldilocks and kitten one was strictly for her and it made her feel even more special.

“Like you didn’t enjoy it!” Buffy accused pulling them towards the parking lot. Spike pulled out his keys and unlocked the door for her into which Buffy slid onto the passenger side of the bench seat in his Desoto.

“Where to kitten?” Spike asked as he got behind the drivers wheel.

Buffy just stretched excited that she was actually ditching for the first time in a real long while.

“I’m hungry.” Buffy stated turning to face him while he started the engine.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*


Faith sat down at the lunch table with a huff before smacking her head down on the table. The others looked at the face-hidden brunette startled when she groaned out loud. So far, the day had been bad. Still barely getting any sleep after waking up from her nightmare, it was added on by being harassed by Snyder while he thought of her as a criminal. For once she didn’t do anything and the little spineless man had just threatened her with detention for no reason. Rewind. There was a reason. According to Snyder he didn’t like the ‘glare’ Faith had given him when she passed him.

When faith looked up she was shocked to not see Buffy.

“Where’s B?” Faith asked. The others just shrugged figuring the blonde would show up with her other half. Faith got up looking around the crowded cafeteria for the sign of best friend, but finding none.

“Lose something Faithy?” Buffy walked up carrying a box of pizza with Spike following right behind with his hand in hers.

“No…just someone B. Where you been?”

“Spike and I skipped out.”

“What?!?! You ditched without me?”

“We brought you pizza?” Buffy stated holding up the box showing this was making up for the fact that she hadn’t come and gotten Faith as well before leaving the school. Faith seemed to be trying to decide on whether or not to take the bait of forgiveness but without warning she snatched the pizza box from Buffy’s hands and sat back down at the table. Spike and Buffy joined the group with the two sitting close by, Spike’s arm slung loosely on the back of Buffy’s chair.

“So…what you two do? And don’t hide it I can see the fulfilled blush on your face you little slut.” Xander said in the most innocent and teasing manner. Buffy glared through slit eyes and reached across the table to sock his arm. The laid back brunette boy tried to laugh it off but found the pain so great he fumbled over his mirth.

“That’s what you get you bloody wanker for calling my girl a slut.” Said Spike with a deadly tone.

“Yeah, I’m the slut.” Faith stated through a mouth full of pepperoni pizza. Soon she began to pass the box around the table letting everyone in on a slice.

“So uh, Buffy we got a flyer from Scott Hope that said you were playing.” Andrew stated looking at the blonde. Buffy nodded forgetting all about her planned performance that was put together by her best friend.

“She is and you’re all to come. Got it?” Faith pointed at each and everyone of them and got a confirmed nod agreement.

“Buffy we didn’t know you played.” Willow said with a smile. Buffy shrugged her shoulders.

“It’s nothing big. Just me, an acoustic, and a couple songs I’ve written.” Buffy said shivering as Spike ran his fingers over the nape of her neck.

“It’s nothing?!?!” Faith yelled. “B, every club you performed at in L.A. wanted you to keep on coming back.”

“Wow…Buffy…y-you must be really g-g-good.” Stuttered Tara. Buffy gave her the warm thankful smile that you couldn’t help but have with the brunette who was Willow’s cousin.

“That’s why I said you all have to come tomorrow night.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. I just hope I do well.” Buffy said suddenly becoming nervous towards her upcoming singing performance.

Spike pulled her closer pressing a soft gentle kiss to the top of her head. “Of course you will, pet. And me and all the mates will be right there rooting for you.”

*~~~*~~~*~~~*


Buffy stood, tapping her foot at the top steps of the school. She replayed the stressful conversation she had just been put through not just ten minutes ago. At the start of her Economics class there had been a messenger that had come to her class to take Buffy to the office. The whole time of gathering her things, Buffy simply thought she had been caught ditching class with Spike and was sent to the principles office. However, there was something more to Buffy’s releasal from class. The counselor’s office.

There, Buffy had been sent to the counselor’s office, Mr. Pratt who seemed to be pretty cool. On upon entering his office the African-American school pyschocologist was finishing with his cigarette before quickly spraying a smelly air freshener to hide up his bad deed. He was the type that spoke of just speaking of one’s feelings but actually didn’t sound like a mindless drone.

Though he did try and make Buffy share her deepest darkest secrets. Mr. Pratt had stated that after reading her school file and the obvious medical treatments for her horrific times, and considering that Buffy had placed on suicide watch after her attempted ordeal, he had told her, he was just doing his job of making sure she wasn’t harboring any more depressing thoughts and to make it clear to her that his door was always open, before literally opening the door.

Though, Buffy had stayed tight lipped. Only telling him that she was fine as could be and that things were getting a lot better. When in truth Buffy was so not looking to tell another person in her new town about her old past. Professional or not.

She stood there looking over the parking lot waiting for the bell to ring so her friends, and now boyfriend to arrive in the front of the school. She looked at her watch again wondering why the world was making time go so slow.

“Buffy.”

Buffy’s head came up to stare at the one man she was not ready to see. Hank.

“Why are you here?” Buffy asked her voice turning cold and bitter. She had finally come to terms with not being able to find out why he was here and was content with just moving on with her new life. However her father, always one for making things complicated, had to show up at her school with what looked like attempt to talk with her.

“Buffy I told you, I need to talk with you.”

“And, I told you me and Dawn didn’t want you around.”

“Buffy just listen to me! Goodness you’re acting like a child.”

Buffy stomped down the stairs to the last step glaring at Hank Summers. “Says the man who ran away and wouldn’t take care of his two daughters.”

“It’s not like it would matter. Your mother stated that Giles was to take care of you and Dawn.”

Buffy laughed out loud. “Yeah and I now can fully understand why.” Buffy shook her head with heavy glares towards her ‘father’. “I’m glad too. Giles would always be more of a father to me and Dawn than you would any day.” Buffy accused pointing her finger at him while giving him a disgusted look.

“Buffy, sweet pea, please at least let’s just talk. Like real civilized adults.”

Buffy raised her eyes to the sky wondering if this was really going on. She then looked to her watch. Two more minutes before school got out. Why was she denying talking to Hank? When really all the night before she had been wondering why her estranged father had suddenly turned up in Sunnydale.

“Fine, but not now.”

Hank looked relieved. “That’s fine sweet pea, we could meet for dinner. How about Chinese food I know it’s your favorite.”

“Italian actually.” She rolled her eyes and stared up at the sky again. Hank looked down at the ground, obviously caught guilty that he couldn’t even get her favorite food right.

“Well I guess we could meet at this Italian bistro that I saw downtown, at six?”

Buffy nodded her head and waited for Hank to walk away. One minute later the bell rang and she waited until Spike joined her on the steps in front of the school. She smiled when his arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her close to him. Trying to enjoy the feeling of his arms around, while tuning out the fact of seeing Hank.

“You’re out here early.” Spike said kissing her head. He dropped his books on the ground and wrapped his other arm around her.

“I got called to the counselors’ office.” She leaned up on her tippy toes to give him a soft kiss on the lips. He moaned against her lips and soon they were forgotten to the world. All that mattered was kissing the other, enraptured in the intense feelings each little kiss gave them. Death glares by Harmony and looks of disgust by Cordelia were sent the way of the blondes, however neither Spike nor Buffy noticed.

“Spike. Buffy. Would you two at least disengage from each other long enough to get somewhere private?”

Both of them broke apart from each other to see a smiling Jenny Calendar standing before them, her leather briefcase bag at her side. She looked between their flushed faces and laughed lightly.

“Hello Ms. Calendar.”

“Aunt Jenny.”

Ms. Calendar nodded at them before looking straight at Spike. “Remember, you have your appointment later this afternoon.”

Spike nodded. “I will be there, no need to worry.”

“Ah Buffy here you are.” All three heads turned to see Rupert Giles walk out of the main door of the school. “Buffy I was wondering have you seen Faith?”

Shaking her head Buffy said, “No, actually I had to go to the counselors office before school ended so I have no clue where she is”

“Oh?” Giles stated inquiring about her going to see the counselor.

“Yeah. Just wanted to make sure I was all up in the norms when it came to my head.” She tapped her index finger to her head.

Giles simply nodded before turning and finally catching a glance of Jenny Calendar. The two teenage blondes instantly caught the spark that ignited in their guardian’s eyes when they saw each other. They tried not to giggle.

“Ms. Calendar this is my guardian Rupert Giles. He’s the new librarian. Giles this is Ms. Calendar, she’s my art teacher.”

“And my aunt.” Spike put in.

Both Giles and Jenny smiled at each other and shook the other’s hand.

“Please to meet you Mr. Giles.”
“And you Ms. Calendar.”

“Spike I’ll see you later this evening.” Spike gave his aunt a nod of confirmation before Jenny turned to leave giving Giles one last glance and smile.

Soon after Giles left them in search of Faith, of course after watching Ms. Calendar fully walk away.

“Well it seems your aunt and my guardian had a moment.” Buffy observed touching her fingers against Spike’s black cotton t-shirt.

“Guess so pet.”

“So…what’s this appointment you have?”

Spike just shrugged his shoulders. “Just something I have to do as part of my probation. This bloody load of crock anger management therapy sessions.”

“Ah. Got a nut case as a therapist?” Buffy asked as she continued to twist his fingers in his shirt, Her stroked her cheek with his thumb but shook his head.

“Nah the bloke’s pretty okay. British too. Now…where were we?” Spike asked, waggiling his eyebrows at her before bending down to press his lips against hers again, giving her passionate searing kiss.

They broke apart and Buffy had the dazed look on her face. “Well…”

*~~~*~~~*~~~*


“I can’t believe you’re actually even thinking about this.” Faith said to Buffy with venom. Buffy turned from her closet to look at Faith surprised. Her shirt barely on.

“How did you find about it?” inquired Buffy.

“I heard you and Giles talking right after he came home.” Faith asked stepping into the room, plopping down on Buffy’s bed gently pushing away the sheet music that was splayed all over the bed. Her guitar rested against the pillows and it was obvious Buffy had been strumming away.

“Faith I would like to know why Hank showed up suddenly and now.” Buffy said as she changed into a more appropriate top and skirt.

“Does it matter?” sneered Faith.

Buffy ignored her best friend’s question and continued getting dressed before walking over to her vanity mirror. “Not only that but I’m going to tell him about what happened with Angel.”

“He doesn’t deserve to know. He abandoned you and Dawn remember?!?!”

Faith couldn’t comprehend why her best friend since childhood was actually thinking about seeing the bastard Hank. What next? Were they going to make up and her and Dawn leave to go live with him in L.A.? Soon Faith would be hearing about Buffy wanting to go and see Angel in prison. The blonde in front of her may be a bitch right there along side Faith at times, but B had to much of a soft spot to her as well.

“What does Spike say about this?”

“He doesn’t know. He’s got his one on one, anger management therapy tonight. So please Faith, don’t tell him. Buffy grabbed her bag and walked out of the room.

“Why? Faith asked, following Buffy through the hall and down the stairs. “It is because he’ll probably mess with Hank since he showed up at our school?”

When Buffy, Faith, and Dawn had gotten home Buffy hadn’t said anything about her dinner meeting with Hank. Faith had only happen to know about it by hearing Giles and Buffy talking in the kitchen right after Giles had gotten home. Faith didn’t know what hurt most, the fact that Buffy didn’t tell her, or the fact that Buffy probably never did plan to tell her.

Buffy just turned around to look at faith when she reached the bottom of the staircase. “faith! It’s just something I need to do. Stop worrying!” She gave Faith a soft but strong smile, before yelling goodbye to Giles and walking out of the house. Faith stood on the steps staring at the closed door.

Giles came out of the dining room obviously having heard the exchange between his niece and charge. He had changed out of his tweed suit and now wore jeans and a black sweater, carrying a cup of tea.

“You need not worry Faith.” Giles told her staring at the door with her. Faith looked down at her uncle.

“I’m not scared. It’s not like he can hurt her in public or something.” She turned to walk back up the stairs.

“That is very true. We both know Buffy could bring Hank down if that happened. But I wasn’t talking about that.” Faith halted and stared back at him.

“What were you talking about then Uncle Giles?” Faith asked, challenge in her voice. She crossed her arms over her chest waiting for an answer.

It’s perfectly okay to worry that Buffy will go back with her father.” Giles said gently, easing her angry demeanor. She was the daughter of his sister. The woman who had left the mother country at the harsh words of her father. No matter how much Faith denied it, she had many characteristics of her mother. Her temper especially. Faith just stared back at Giles trying to hide the fact that he had hit right on the target. Faith looked back at her uncle, trying to hide the fact that he had hit right on the target. Buffy doesn’t only need out, but you need her too. The two of you are very close, that is without a doubt. Faith spoke up, his words sinking in. “You really don’t think she’ll end up moving back with him?”

Giles smiled. “Take your name as advice my dear niece.” Taking a sip of his tea, Rupert Giles walked out of the foyer and into the living room, leaving Faith to stand on the stairs thinking.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*


“So, Spike, tell me how things are going.”

Spike sat down on the leather couch as his assigned therapist from the courts, Wesley Wyndham-Pryce, a fellow British man, placed a tape recorder on the coffee table before taking a seat in a lounge chair across from facing Spike.
“Why? There’s no bloody need. You got the file from my probation officer.” Spike pointed at the large manila colored file that was about him. From birth up until now the state courts had documented his life to ensure that he was stable in the head. Spike sneered at the thought and turned his head to look at the plaques and certificates that told of doctor Pryce’s success. Ones he had stared at for the past six months ever since he had gotten out of jail. “I see you got your book published.” Spike referred to the newly printed book that was written by his therapist. It lay comfortably on the table. Inside the teenage mind: Lighting the truth about why your teenager mind seem confusing By Dr. Wesley Wyndham-Pryce. Wesley’s eyes darted to the book. A teenager portrayed as in a dark corner while people surrounded him was displayed on the cover.

Wesley adjusted the glasses on his face. “Yes. But, Spike…we are not here to talk about my book. We’re are here to talk about you. For once, Mr. Thorndale you get to be conceited.”

The two British born men exchanged a glance before chuckling. Though however Spike quickly sobered up. “May I ask you a question?”

“Yes.”

Spike sighed. “Would you consider a twenty-one year old a teenager?” The teenager asked.

Spike waited as he clearly thought about it. “Well most would call anyone over the age of a twenty an adult, I would consider them on the edge for the end of the young adult period in their life. They have not yet matured enough to be considered a full adult. Their teenage years are very much fresh in them. So yes, in a way I would consider anyone under the age of twenty-five a teenager, only in a small part of their mentality though.” Wesley observed his patient carefully. “May I ask why you are curious about this?”

“It’s nothing.” From there Spike went silent, staring at the book on the coffee table as if it would tell him something.

“The whole reason you were put into therapy sessions…” Wesley began taking his glasses off and staring at Spike. “was to express yourself. To keep that temper of yours under check”

Spike didn’t respond except with a huff and put himself in his usual pout manner. He had done it since he was little whenever he didn’t get his way. No one could really resist his pouting behavior. Especially when he was in his younger years as a boy.

“So, tell me. Are things okay with you and your aunt?” Wesley questioned trying to make some progress otherwise this whole hour would be a waste for both of their time. Not only that but Dr. Pryce would have to document on the records to be sent to the judge that there was no progress made and it could leave Spike in a situation he would regret later.

“Same as usual.” Spike said starkly.

Wesley looked through Spike’s file going over the notes that Spike’s probation officer had made the week before, when suddenly something caught his eye. “Who is Buffy, if I may ask.” Spike perked up at his blonde beauty’s name. Dr. Pryce knew that he might have hit something that would eventually have Spike talking for this session. “Is she your girlfriend?” Dr. Pryce asked further. “You mentioned her at your meeting with your P.O., however your officer wasn’t very clear about her in his notes. But you did have a date with her that night.”

“You could say she’s my girlfriend, mate.” A proud grin played out on his face.

“Do you think it’s wise to be starting a relationship this soon. You only got out of the jail six months ago.” From the therapist’s comment, he got a menacing glare from Spike.

“She’s not like Drusilla.” Complete opposite in fact. Spike thought to himself silently.

Wesley didn’t say anything for a minute, but just nodded which left Spike to peer at his therapist closely this time. “How so?”

“Well besides from the fact that Buffy’s not crazy, she’s blonde, sane, family gal, and not a drug user.” Spike ticked off on his fingers as he listed the different qualities between her and Drusilla. “She’s not manipulative. She’s an artist, a singer. Has a kid sister and lives with her best friend who is the niece of her guardian.”

“Oh? She doesn’t live with her parents?” Wesley asked.

“Mum died when she was about 12. Wanker of a father didn’t want her and the niblet so her best friend and her uncle took them in. Faith is the best friend. Those two are hellions together. Buffy I think would have to be the angel of the two.”

“She’s a hellion and yet she’s an angel? Quite contradictive don’t you think.”

Spike shook his head. “Nope. The two are tough. Both of ‘em had a hard life I’ve been told. Especially Buffy, so they look out for one another.”

“Buffy’s had a hard life?” The bleached blonde nodded. He looked to his therapist on the verge to tell him but became hesitant. “No worries Spike, I wouldn’t want you to betray Buffy’s trust in you of telling me.”

“It’s kind of hard to talk about it. I wasn’t even there and it makes me sick to my bloody stomach to think about what happened to her.” Spike leaned forward on the couch and buried his head in his hands. When Buffy had told him what the bastard of an ex boyfriend had done to her, it was almost like he had been there. It made his stomach churn. “She was dating this older guy. The son of the mayor in L.A. infact. Well after he tried to rape her, she instantly put an end to that. However…he tortured her.”

Spike waited for Wesley to speak. He heard his therapist get up and walk to his file cabinet. “Do you mean to tell me, your Buffy is the girl that put Angel Wilkins in jail?”

Perking up, Spike watched as Dr. Pryce took out another manila folder and began to look over it.”

“You know about it?” questioned Spike.

“Yes.” Wesley assured looking up from the file. His eyes quickly scanned for the details of the case. Snatching up the printed out newspaper clipping that Wesley had used for his research, he began to read it over outloud.
”TEEN GIRL TORTURED AND LEFT BLOODY BY MAYOR’S SON!

Just last night Angel Wilkins, son of Mayor Wilikin’s for Los Angeles, received an arrest warrant at his UCLA dorm room for the torturing of his previous girlfriend. There were no comments made by Angel nor his father Mayor Wilkins as police authorities lead Wilkins into the police station to be booked. Speaking with the D.A. late last night we were told of the charges that the people are pressing the following charges against Wilkins: 1 count attempted murder, 1 count assault and battery, and 1 count kidnapping.
The victim, Miss Buffy Summers, a junior at Hemery High had dated Angel Wilkins for almost a year. Police authorities say Miss Summers ended the relationship almost two weeks prior due to his attempted rape of her. No charges will be made for the attempted rape of a minor due to lack of reporting and leading to lack of evidence.
Two days ago Miss Summers was walking home from school when Wilkins pulled up and forced her into the car. Wilkins has admitted to it and is pleading guilty. He informed police that he took Miss Summers to an empty warehouse on the Los Angelus west docks and held her captive for almost three hours, torturing and beating her. From there he drove Miss Summers back to her home where she lives with her guardian Rupert Giles, and his niece. Miss Giles, who is Miss Summers best friend found Miss Summers, left on the porch in a bloody heap of a mess barely in and out of consciousness.
Miss Summers now in critical condition at the Los Angels Valley hospital is stable but in a coma. Doctors say that she will wake up soon, while authorities hope in time to testify against Wilkins.”


“It goes on to tell about the rest of the case and quotes from the people in the city.” Wesley informed him.

For Spike it was like hearing it all over again and he felt sicker. Deep within him he felt raging hate and the need to go down to L.A. county jail to beat the living crap out of Angel Wilkins. He was sure no one would mind him beating the sicko to a bloody pulp.

“How did you know of this?” Spike asked. He knew it had occurred at the end of May which was just when Spike was getting out of jail for serving his time until 18. He was too wrapped up in it he never remembered about hearing this ordeal on the news.
Wesley came to sit back down in his chair and looked at Spike. “After Wilkins was put in jail the courts contacted me about being his in house therapist for his re-cooperation. I was about to take the case until I did my evaluation. I don’t like to discuss other’s cases even if he wasn’t my patient but I must say Angel Wilkins is sick. His act of torture on Miss Summers was not out of revenge for the ending of their relationship but out pleasure. Wilkins made it perfectly clear by his manner. I prefer to never come across such a creature again.”

“I would but only to beat the crap out of him.” Spike stated in a calm monotone manner. Wesley gave him a scolding look reminding Spike that his beating and temper was the very reason he was sitting on that couch. “Sorry doc. Only metaphorically beating of course.”

“I’m sure.”

For the rest of the hour Wesley was able to get Spike to talk for the whole session. Bouncing back from his feelings for Buffy Summers to his academics, to healing of the emotional treatment Drusilla had done to him. Wesley felt they had made a great accomplishment this session as they both stood up to shake the other’s hand.

“Oh and Spike.” Wesley called out just as Spike was walking out of his office practice door.

“Yeah doc.”

“Do try and take it slow with Miss Summers will you.” Wesley asked of Spike.

Spike just rolled his eyes and gave a short whatever nod before leaving the office, closing the door behind him. Wesley sighed knowing that his patient William Giles was not all a bad ass as he tried to make himself be. He was a romantic and he hoped Spike would never find out again that it could leave you hurt in his world.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed. Lots of things going on and things will get disturbed next chapter.